𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍, ʰʷᵃⁿᵍ...

By NANACTZENS

𝐖𝐖𝐖.𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍.𝐂𝐎𝐌 ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀs sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ.... ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳�... More

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
ONE, music stars
TWO, home
THREE, young souls
FOUR, just a hoax
FIVE, absolute hell
SIX, coffee splash
SEVEN, seen and needed
EIGHT, best of friends
NINE, for her
TEN, melting
ELEVEN, you can call me moonie
TWELVE, hate you
THIRTEEN, eight sips
FOURTEEN, lee junho
FIFTEEN, sober kiss
SIXTEEN, voicemail
SEVENTEEN, wakey wakey
NINETEEN, panic attacks
TWENTY, memories
TWENTY ONE, graduation
TWENTY TWO, bathroom mirror
TWENTY THREE, not a fighter
TWENTY FOUR, dont fall in love
TWENTY FIVE, fashion god
TWENTY SIX, home

EIGHTEEN, the promise

608 31 24
By NANACTZENS

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

when hyunjin and i were fourteen years old, we made the promise that no matter what happened between the two of  us, we would always have each others back.  whether that meant standing up for the other, fighting back for the other or overall just being there for each other.

no matter the circumstances, we would always do this for the other.

i watch, as though this promise was made years ago and before so much changed between us, he remembers it on live television.

penny, yeonjun and i sit on the couch. harley is on the floor playing with his toys as we watch an award ceremony on the television. i don't know exactly which one but penny tells me it's one of the biggest ones in all of  korean entertainment.

hyunjin performed at the very beginning along with jaemin's group and a ton of other groups that i don't exactly know the name of.

in between the many performances there's an abundance of different awards being announced. including best producer of the season, chan was nominated for that one.

i watched as his name flashed across the screen. in the end he didn't win, which apparently caused massive disappointment as fans in the audience booed when the other producer walked to the stage.

many of the idols didn't seem impressed either, one even rolling his eyes as the man was shown on the screen.

chan really had made it big like hyunjin and it was so cool to see him up doing the things he wanted to do for so many years.

he always told me his dream was producing for large companies. when we would have our sibling talks and talk about our dream lives, mine was always in a big city, writing or painting and his was producing music.

he made it. he really did.

as much as i miss him and want to see him, seeing his new life and how great it is for him. i can't be upset that he hasn't come to see me.

i wouldn't, especially not with the hatred the country has for me at the moment.

while it has dwindled down, the hateful messages and death threats have never stopped. i quit checking my social media after a while. all of it was too overwhelming.

penny and i throw pieces of popcorn into our mouths as they say that they're going to announce the winner for "best new group" next.

penny looks at me. she knows that jaemin's group is one of the top contenders for this award. she told me this morning when we sat down for breakfast.

she said she wanted to watch it but didn't know if i would get upset seeing both hyunjin and jaemin on the television.

i told her i wouldn't mind and hours later, we sit here. i still don't mind but i would rather not see him, live, in the flesh and happy like nothing has happened.

like it hasn't affected him.

hyunjin and a female idol walk out, they're the announcers for the best new group.

penny's head snaps towards me. "this is one of the craziest crossover events i have ever watched in my entire life. if jaemin's group wins then the two of them will be on the stage together" penny stops talking when i look over at her.

"sorry" she says and i just shake my head, bringing my eyes back to the television.

"throughout the year, we were introduced to many new groups that took our industry by surprise" the female idol starts out.

"through their debuts and many performances they have shown great strengths thus landing themselves in this category" hyunjin says.

the names of the new groups flash across the screen, along with short clips of their debuts. jaemin's group. two girl groups and two more boy groups.

they all look so happy. at the end of the montage, it shows all 5 of the groups, sitting at their respective seats.

a white haired jaemin smiles brightly as one of his members whispers in his ear. he lets out a laugh and a shake of his head. he's happy, really happy.

time stops for a second before hyunjin speaks again.

"this years winner is," he sighs when he looks at the card in front of him. he says the name of jaemin's group and the crowd goes crazy.

jaemin and his group jump up. they hug each other before regaining their composure and beginning their walks to the stage.

they get their award and i watch as hyunjin bows to every single one before jaemin. when it comes to him, hyunjin turns the other way as jaemin is mid bow.

jaemin stands up straight and looks at hyunjin, his smile wavering for a second.

hyunjin goes back to the side of the female idol, whispering in her ear. her eyes go wide for a second before she turns to whisper back to him.

god i wish i could hear what they are talking about. i would pay ungodly amounts of money in order to hear their conversation right now.

penny hasn't looked at me, only slightly side-eyes me to see my reaction. i haven't had one. i've stayed straight-faced this entire time, just staring at the screen and pretending like nothing is happening in front of us.

like the two men that have altered my life the most aren't having an incredibly awkward interaction.

the members of jaemin's group all say something short and sweet until jaemin is the last member to speak.

he says something quickly and thanks all of their fans until the microphone is handed back to hyunjin and the female idol.

"what an amazing group! they really know how to perform and ruin lives and break the hearts of the best girls in the world" hyunjin goes off of the script. i'm guessing because the female idol turns her head to look at him quickly.

i watch as jaemin's smile falls and he stares at hyunjin dumbfounded.

"i guess breaking hearts and ghosting really does win you great things. not a relationship with someone amazing, but great things nonetheless" hyunjin says through an incredibly awkward and fake smile.

jaemin's members look completely confused, looking between hyunjin and jaemin. it's like they're trying to piece it all together but they can't quite get it.

the camera fades to an exiting scene with a different group of idols announcing what is to come throughout the rest of the show.

however, before the screen goes to black and switches to a commercial, it shows the idols walking off of the stage.

jaemin approaches hyunjin and whispers in his ear.

i about ready to empty my bank account. i need to hear what they are saying to each other.

hyunjin laughs, it seems to be fake before walking away from jaemin. it doesn't seem like his choice though, a staff member whisks him away and i watch as the two males look back at each other as they're separated.

"that was..." penny trails off, shaking her head.

"crazy" i finish and she laughs and nods.

after the award show had finished and we ate dinner. the only thing i could think about was that moment. why did he remember the promise now?

what did they whisper to each other?

all of us sat in the living room after dinner, talking about food and plenty of other things we could talk about.

we talk about new york. yeonjun talks a plenty about his dance class and the script-writing class he's currently taking. he tells my parents that he loves going to an art school because he can truly express himself in so many different ways.

penny tells my parents about the start up of her career back in los angeles. how she's gained a lot of popularity over in the states. the shows she performed and what she's going to school for.

contrary to popular belief, she's not going for music.

that is what she is minoring in but she's focusing on fashion design and interior decorating. i told you earlier, it's what she loves most, second to comedy and singing.

harley sits on the floor during all of this, he doesn't play with his toys anymore. him and benny lay curled up on the floor, harley's one hand over the small cats black stomach.

there's a blanket tossed over them and both of their eyes are shut as they nap.

my mother makes sure to snap a few pictures before the two of them wake up and wreak their havoc on the house.

yeonjun lays into me, his head resting on my shoulder every now and then. i reach and pet his hair. usually, when we do this in new york, he's a asleep within minutes.

he loves it more than anything.

that and when he has his shirt off, i caress his back. my fingertips run themselves over every single muscle and he loves it.

i talk about how much i love new york as i softly run my fingers through yeonjun's hair.

the smiles on my parents faces are wide. when i first moved they were so scared for me. they kept telling me that it was okay if i wanted to come home at any time. they would support me no matter the decision i made.

when i loved it, they were so happy for me. my mom bursted into tears over the phone.

we converse for another hour, talking about everything under the sun. penny's family. yeonjun's family. our joint friends in new york.

everything.

our conversation is cut short by the ringing of the doorbell though. my parents look at each other confused.

"it must be a late package delivery" my dad says and both him and my mom shrug it off.

it's another second before the doorbell rings for a second time. i laugh. "i don't think that that's a late night package delivery."

"i can go get it" yeonjun says, pushing himself off of the couch. "oh what a dear" my mother says, she was starting to sit forward before yeonjun volunteered.

"he's just trying to be a suck up" penny says and yeonjun turns around to shoot her daggers. "you know i'm right" she shouts after him and he just sends his hand flying back to her, brushing her words off of him.

my parents laugh at their bickering. we talked about how they acted like they were siblings so they found their nags at each other quite hilarious.

we start to converse again just as the door is opening.

however, it quickly stops when i hear the voice at the front door.

"uh, who are you?" i hear hyunjin say and my whole body freezes. penny's head spins faster than it ever has, i'm surprised her head doesn't roll entirely off of her body.

"oh," my mom says, "what is hyunjin doing here?"

penny's wide eyes get even wider, i'm surprised those don't pop out of her head either. "no fucking way" she whispers and i just look between her and the direction of the doorway.

"uh, yeonjun" i hear him reply back to the male. "well, uh, is moonie there" i hear hyunjin ask as their awkward conversation continues.

i shoot off of the couch and run towards the door, quicker than i've ever ran before.

"n-" yeonjun starts to reply but is cut off by my sudden presence. the two men stand there, about the same height.

both of their heads turns towards mine as i hear penny's feet run towards the door as well.

she's behind me as i stare at the both of them.

fuck.

AUTHORSNOTE.zip
HIIIII GUYSYSYSYSHAHS! i
told you i was going to try to
update bi-weekly! at least until
my summer ends. i might end up
doing it weekly though because
of the way i'm editing these chapters!
having a lot of free time has allowed
me to completely zip through a lot
of them! would that be something
you guys are in to or no? anyways
lmk! i hope you enjoyed this
chapter. it was quite crazy if i do
say so myself!! thank you so much
and as always. vote and comment
for more of never again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 1.3K 28
𝑠𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑑? 𝑖'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 -𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛 ֶָ֢
478 23 4
What you call 'fearless,' he calls 'reckless'-but back when you were children, he was the one who taught you how to be brave. Hwang Hyunjin, who fill...
62.3K 544 20
smuts </3 Fluff <3 Angst <//3 Lee Minho/ Lee know centric;) Stray Kids it is(: HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME READING ♡
68.9K 1.5K 16
[completed] As hatred continues to grow, a sudden event occurs and changes everything. Hwang Hyunjin x Reader ~ "I just don't like you." ~ "I'm never...