Betrayal

By Kyra1223

What happens when the one you love most has to leave to protect your loved ones? How would you react if your... More

A/N read for explanation of a few plot holes
Chap 1
Chap 2
Chap 3
Chap 4
Chap 5
Chap 6
Chap 8
Chap 9
Chap 10
Chap 11
Chap 12
Chap 13

Chap 7

419 6 2
By Kyra1223

Natsu's pov:

After a long day training I stop by the post, to mail the letter for Happy and Lucy and see if their's has gotten here. 'I love getting letters from them, it smells like home.'

Luckily their letter did arrive today, but it's kinda bigger than they normally are. 'Did something happened? The letters lately have barely talked about a few people in the guild. I just assumed they were on long missions, but could something have happened?'

Quickly I make my way back to my camp to read the letter. The first thing I noticed it's that's Happys writing and the paper smells like my house instead of Lucy's apartment. 'Did something happened to Lucy?!'

I read through the letter and I get more and more confused at what's going on at the guild. When I get to the last few pages I can tell those are the ones Lucy wrote and based one what both letters say Lucy has no idea Happy added his own.

'What do I do? I already cleared the Vulcan from this area, I was just staying here extra time to train, but now I don't know if I should stay and wait for Lucy here or go back to Magnolia and get her out of there. Happy has been able to protect her along with the others and based on her letter she really doesn't know what is really happening.

I knew that was really our Lisanna back in edolas, I thought she was based on her scent and the fact I got a hint of her scent when we got back and every now and then too. I'm happy she finally decided join the guild again, both cause everyone else still thought she was dead and I was getting uncomfortable every now and then feeling her eyes on me. I figured she was just trying to keep an eye on everyone, but since I had dragonslayer senses I was the only one that noticed.

In any other situation I'd be jumping for joy, but she's somehow turned the majority of the guild against Lucy. I don't know how she thought after all these years I'd be head over heels in love with her, based on Happys description, but we were kids when she died. Of course I was sad, she was my best friend, there was never a day that didn't went by that I didn't miss her, but I never loved her like a mate.

Hell if it had been Gray I would have been the same and I also don't love him like that. The only one that's has ever made me feel that way is Lucy and considering she's been watching over all of us she should have seen how different I am with Lucy.

At first Lucy was just funny to have around, it was always fun messing with her. She was so smart but somehow clueless of the real world. She stumbled on things so simple it was surprising she ever survived a year on her own. Watching her grow stronger is one of the most amazing things about her.

I wonder how strong has she gotten in my time away. I know I kinda coddled her during the years, but I hate seeing her hurt. Her magic grew so much during the time I wasn't with her, it was kinda depressing I missed it, but watching her fight is some of the most amazing, beautiful and hottest moments ever.

Aaaannnnnddddd my train of thought has completely went into the Lucy direction. What the hell was the problem again?'

Reading over Happys sections again I can't help, but think he's in some twisted way enjoying the fact he's sending Lucy my way. 'I know he's doing it to protect her, but the little devil also just wants to speed up me confessing.

Tho with what's going on at the guild I really should just get it over with before that option is taken away from me. If she rejects me so be it, but at least I would have been able to tell her.'

Looking through Lucy's portion of the letter I look for the date she wrote it on to get a time frame of when she should be arriving. 'Two days ago, she should be getting here tomorrow...I think...eh, I don't have anything else to do so I'll just wait near the train station.'

-Midday the next day-

'Finally!' I think to myself when I smell Lucy's scent getting closer. 'I thought I would die of boredom.'

I walk behind a pillar waiting for her to get of the train. Once she passes the pillar I sneak up behind her, I was just going to poke her sides to scare her.

"Bo!" I slightly jump, she had turned around and scared me.

'Since when can she sense presence.' I slightly pout making her laugh. 'Ugh, now I have to mask my presence every time I want to mess with her...hmmm...that could actually be fun.'

Grining down at her I help her up from were she had fallen on the floor while laughing at me. "Come on, there's a place here I know you'll love." I urge her, trying to get her to move faster.

"Ok, ok, slowly your horses, I need to go get a hotel room to leave my stuff." She says motioning to her luggage.

"Just leave it in my tent, it's on the way." I tell her pulling her along behind me.

"Tent? Aren't you on a mission from the council?" She asks confused.

'Probably cause council missions always give you a room in the town nearest to your mission.' "Yeah, but I already finished clearing the Vulcans here about a week ago." I explain, not that I have even used the council provided rooms, camping is safer if I lose it while training.

"Why did you stay here then?"

"The forest is really peaceful without the Vulcans now and I wanted a break for a few days before going back to Magnolia and being bombarded by the guild."

"Oh." She says looking down uncomfortable. "Im sorry, I ended up interrupting your break." She says quietly.

"You're not interrupting, actually you coming here makes it better." I tell her, smiling at her while grabbing her hand and intertwining our fingers together. "It's lonely all on my own and I don't like not having your scent constantly around me." I lift up our hands showing her the ribbon she tied so many months ago. "My own scent has already over taken yours." It normally wouldn't do that so quickly, but I haven't untied it even while fighting nor training, the scent helps calms me back down.

That seems to ease her a bit because she looks back up at me with a small smile. "Plus I get to show you the place I found sooner." I add.

-After dropping Lucy's things off at the camp-

"Come on, it's just past here." I tell her, moving the vines hiding the opening to the cave.

It's not that big, but the walls are cover with moss and gray colored flowers that shimmer at night when the light of the moon enters from the opening at the top of the cave, it even has a pond towards the left side that has these really cool glowing things stuck to the walls. It's still light out, but even then it's a sight to see.

I get the reaction out of Lucy's I was hoping for, wide eyed and speechless. She came from such a lavish lifestyle I will never be able to provide, but she's wowed but such simple things. I want to be able to always find new things to leave her this way, they always make her so happy.

With her so distracted looking around I was able to surprise her and throwing her into the water, jumping in right after. She was pretty much spiting fire when she surface and chasing me around. By the time we sat down we were both laughing, soaked and exhausted.

When night time came around she was even more speechless.

'Maybe I should do it know? She's happy, if she rejects me at least it'll be as nice as possible and I'll have the memory of everything else today to look back to.' Making my decision I walk over to her since she stood up to see the constellations from the opening above.

Once I'm close to her I grab her hand gaining her attention. Looking into the eyes I love most I sigh trying to find my voice again and trying to think of how to say it, but I've never been good with words and probably would ruin it. "I love you." It's the simplest way of putting it into words, knowing her it's probably not how she imagined someone saying that to her. It would be in way better words to describe how I feel and she would probably be able to put it so beautifully, yet I don't know how else to put it into words.

Her eyes opened wide and she stays staring at me in shock for so long I wish I could take it back, which my face probably showed. She takes her hand away from mine and if it was possible I would hear my heart break in that second, but suddenly I'm almost knocked over from her jumping onto me wrapping her arms around my neck. "I love you too." She whispers the words I've been dreaming to hear so quietly I almost missed it over the sounds of both our hearts beating so erratically.

Wrapping my arms around her waist I pull her tighter to me. 'She loves me! She loves me! She fucking said it!' I don't know how could anything make me happier than I am right now.

I don't know how long I stayed hugging her, but after a while she eased her hold around my neck and I pressed my forehead against hers while cupping her cheek and wiping her tears. If it wasn't that I knew she has a tendency to cry even when she's happy I'd be worried.

After a while we sit down, well I sit down and pull her to sit on my lap, she was surprised at first, but leaned into my chest after a few seconds. We stayed like that till she fell asleep, I know there's a lot we need to talk about before we leave to go back to Magnolia, but I don't want to bring any of that today and ruin one of the best nights of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 700 23
"Lisanna came back from edolas...." she wasn't mean to me ; she wasn't the perfect villainess in every story. She was just .... kind- hearted Lisanna...
362K 9K 27
Lucy's life is turned upside down ever since the return of Lisanna. Her nakama ignore her...she feels as if she's just a ghost... A replacement... Ne...
17.6K 591 25
(Quick note, everybody is at least a few years younger than in the original, like, 14/15.) During a mission in Crocus, Team Natsu were preparing for...
206K 5.5K 73
***Lemons**** Don't like don't read but if you like my other stories then you should know we are all perverts for NaLu. Hehe Fairy tail belongs to Hi...