The Decoy

By jayneclaire23

It was only supposed to be fake, she wasn't supposed to fall for him More

1. A Favour
2. The Meeting
3. Unexpected
4. Doubts?
5. I Fake Do
6. Never Again
7. Bad Idea
8. Secrets
9. Confusing
10. Don't Go
11. This Won't Work
12. Backlash
13. Used
14. Terrified
15. Plans
16. Do It Again
17. Meet The Parents
18. Questions
19. Why?
20. Cravings
21. Secrets Out
22. Desperate
23. Accident?
24. Shattered
26. Make You See
27. Lo Hago
28. All Rise
29. Epilogue

25. Can't Forget

397 20 9
By jayneclaire23

1 month later

Sky POV

As soon as I left the hotel I had made my way to the airport and got myself on the first flight out of there, though I didn't go home. I guess you could say I ran away, I ran to the one place I had been truly happy.

I had ignored calls and texts from Damian, Rhea and Matt. No one knew where I was and for now it was going to stay that way. It hadn't taken long after arriving in Puerto rico to realise it was Damian that was the reason I had been happy here.

All the memories of our time here had come flooding back, and I was convinced I was subconsciously trying to torture myself because I had chosen a hotel that faced the beach we were supposed to get married on and the ocean where we had conceived our child.

I had tried so hard to forget him, to forget everything about him but it was no use, my heart was stained in him and whether I liked it or not I was going to love him until my dying breath.

A couple of days ago and I had taken a walk and without thinking I'd ended up outside what was supposed to have been our dream home. I just couldn't understand how he could make all these plans with me, conceive a child with me when nothing of what we had was real........he never wanted me.

On a couple of occasions I had looked out of my hotel window and been convinced that I had seen a familiar silhouette down by the sea. But it couldn't be, he didn't know where I was and there was no way he would think to look for me here.

The peaceful silence is broken by my phone ringing and this time it is my mother. I answer the call and take a deep breath bracing myself for the lecture I know I'm about to get

"Hi mom" I say softly

"Skyler, sweetheart, we've all been worried sick! Where are you?" She asks

"I'm fine mom I just needed to be alone" I say

"Matthew told me what happened, and Damian came to see us" she says "your husband is an absolute mess, he's lost without you"

"He doesn't want me mom" I say "he wants her"

"I know you're hurting but you are wrong about him, he loves you" she says "I saw how he looked at you, I saw the love in his eyes. I know he made a very very poor judgement but I think you should let him explain"

"I don't want to hear it mom" I say running my hand over my small bump "I just want to focus on me and the baby"

"At least tell me where you are so I can let him know" she says "he's been terrified something had happened to you or the baby"

"I don't want him to know where I am" I say "I'm.....I'm in Puerto Rico but please please don't tell him"

"Alright fine but you are making a huge mistake Skylar" she says "don't give up on him, don't close your heart to him yet"

"I.....I'll think about it" I sigh "I've got to go, I'll speak to you soon mom" I say ending the call, the second I put down the phone the tears start to fall again........why does this have to hurt so much

Damian POV

As I hear the click and dull tone of the call ending I lean back in the chair in relief. At least I knew where she was and that's she and our baby are alright.

"Well at least we know she's alright" her mom says

"Yeah" I sigh "but it's not enough, I want her here with me, I want her in my arms, I want her back" I say as the tears start to fall again "I messed up badly and I don't know how to fix this"

"If we knew where in Puerto Rico she was you could go to her, make her listen to you" she says

"Oh I know exactly where she will be" I say "but you heard her, she doesn't want to see me, and she'll know you told me and I don't want to cause you two to fall out"

"Listen to me, right now she is being stubborn enough for the both of you. She's had a month of being awol, you have suffered long enough. You two are meant to be together you know that, I know that and deep down she knows that too." She says "go to her, win her back"

"And if she won't see or speak to me?" I say

"Then at least you can say you tried" she says giving my hand a squeeze "what the two of you have is worth fighting for"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 104 11
When Skylar Joined The Elite Force She didn't Know What To Expect. But She Sure Didn't Expect To Fall In love.Could This love be Her Death.She Fell I...
131K 5.6K 134
Sometimes things switch up In a regular love story☁
9K 307 8
My 2nd Hailee Steinfeld Story! Enjoy!
28.9K 815 26
She was like soft, delicate lace, while he was like rough, firm leather. Started June 24, 2022 Finished August 2, 2022