26. Make You See

Skylar POV

As the sun rises in yet another beautiful Puerto Rican day I step on to the beach my toes sinking into the warm sand. I turn my face towards the sun and close my eyes as I enjoy its gentle heat on my skin.

A light sigh escapes my lips as I try to avoid the decision I have to make, to call him or not to call him. I hated the idea that he was a mess and lost but I still had some anger and hurt left.

I missed him that much I was sure of and of course I love him that will never change, but could we get passed this? I wasn't so sure.

Suddenly I felt this strange feeling, like there were eyes on me, like I was being watched.

"Twinkle" I familiar voice says quietly

"How......how did you find me?" I ask turning to face my husband

"I was with your mom when she called. I knew exactly where you'd be" he says "you're starting to show.... may I?" He asks reaching out his hands and I nod.

Gently he places is hands on my small bump and smiles softly. As I watch him I resist the urge to reach out and cup his cheek.

"Can we talk? Please twinkle?" He asks his eyes locking with mine

Nodding I walk over to the sun loungers and sit down. He sits beside me leaving a little space.

"I'm so sorry, I was a complete idiot" he sighs "she wants me back, I said I didn't want her but she wouldn't accept it said she knew I still loved her. She wanted me to kiss her to prove it. I stupidly thought that if I did I would get her out of our lives.....I never meant to hurt you"

"But you did... you broke my heart D" I sigh "did you ever want me?"

"Of course I did, you are all and everything I want" he says taking something out of his pocket "that's why I'm doing this" he says handing me a sheet of paper

I take it from him and read it slowly, as I do my eyes widen, he can't really be considering this.

"You....you can't. Why would you do this?" I ask looking at him

"Because I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make you see its you I want" he says "I love you twinkle, more than anything. Nothing else in this world makes me as happy as you do, not even my job, and at least this way I will never have to be anywhere near her again"

"D I can't let you do this... I can't let you give up something you love" I say "not even for me"

"And I can't let you go" he says "I can't live without you. I love you both so much and I'm nothing without you"

"Your job is your dream, you can't just walk away from it" I say

"I would rather take a pay drop and work in fast food if that meant I have you by my side" he says "wrestling, titles, my dreams none of that comes close to what you mean to me. I'm prepared to give up everything to get you back. Please come home twinkle"

"I'd been trying to decide whether or not to call you" I say "I'm still a little hurt and angry but I love you D and I miss you, I miss us"

"Will you give me another chance?" He asks getting on his knees in front of me "can you forgive me?"

"I.....I want to" I say "I want to try"

Smiling Damian moves closer and brushes his lips against mine, he looks into my eyes like hes looking for approval and I nod. He kisses me lovingly before resting his head against mine

"Will you come home?" He asks

"Yes I.........wait what happened to your face?" I ask suddenly noticing the bruise on his cheek

"When I first told Matt what happened he got real mad and he punched me" he says "I deserved it, I hurt you and I promised him I wouldn't"

"Yeah you did but did he have to go for your face?" I ask running my finger tips over his cheek and he chuckles

"It'll disappear" he smiles "he was just protecting his baby sister"

"Do you need to rush back?" I ask "or could we have some time before we go home?"

"I have a couple of days" he says "why don't we head home then. Take some time to reconnect and figure things out"

"Sounds good to me" I smile

"I do have one request though" he smiles "that you leave that hotel and come stay at our place with me"

"I think I can manage that" I smile "why don't you help me pack"

"Alright" he says helping me stand and wrapping his arms around me "and maybe later I can help you undress" he says pecking my lips

"One step at a time big man" I smile