When Fate Intertwines || Lloy...

By Childofposeidon1256

Princess Y/n of the Royal Family is-was supposed to be the next Empress of Ninjago. She's trained all her lif... More

information
Worries
Meetings
Plans
Undercover

Attack

478 15 0
By Childofposeidon1256

       It wasn't until the Ninja left that my family went their separate ways. Harumi and I went to go remove our makeup, whilst mother and father went to go do whatever they did in their free time.

       As I removed my makeup I couldn't help but listen as Mr. Hutchins and the Ninja passed by. The halls were quite echoey so I was able to listen in on what they were saying.

       Mr. Hutchins seemed to be explaining to them about why the palace was called the 'Palace of Secrets,' and how only my family and I knew the secret passageways in the palace. Soon enough, I heard books clatter on the ground and laughed softly as I heard what seemed to be Kai trying to figure out where the passages were. He failed miserably every time and the Ninja had to organize the books back to where they were.

       They moved on and I hastily removed the rest of my makeup. Today was another day of giving food to the ones who couldn't sustain themselves, and I was determined to feed as many as I could today. Quickly putting on a pair of pants and a sweater along with shoes (FSM forbid anyone other than Harumi saw me like this).

       I opened my closet, scouring the area. Suddenly, my eyes landed on a well-hidden brown sack. It was folded neatly behind some dresses that shadowed it. Pulling it out I rushed over to my door and looked both ways to see and hear if anyone was coming or nearby before I dashed out. I quickly went to the buffet and grabbed a little of everything, bananas, apples, grapes, jackfruit, pastries, vegetables, you name it.

       Once I finished, I headed back to the privacy of my room. Once I reached the window to the balcony, I held up one of the curtains that lead to it and looked behind me. With the rush I was in, I hadn't noticed the mess I had made. It was small, with my gown strewn on the floor and my makeup utensils all over the place on my small desk. Sighing, I vowed that I would clean up as soon as I got back. Walking up to the edge of the balcony, I lifted up the brown sack with food in it, and accidentally knocked over a nearby stool with a vase filled with flowers.

       "Shoot," I said, panicking. Did anyone hear that? I really hope it wasn't that loud. I seriously needed to move items from my balcony if I was going to keep being undercover.

       Jumping up and on the edge of the balcony, I pulled on my hood and jumped, sliding down rooftops and jumping off others. Making sure not to break off any shingles as I slid.

       Once I got on flat buildings, I started dashing across the rooftops towards the usual place, making sure not to hit any vents or pipes in my way.

       Wind hit my face, threatening to take my hood off and reveal myself to the public, so I tilted my face down slightly, enough just so the wind wouldn't take it off.

       Once I came across a huge gap between buildings I looked around my surroundings, and found another way to get to where I wanted to go. Deciding to go around, I saw that I couldn't possibly carry the sack I had with me and swing from the clotheslines at the same time without falling.

       As soon as I got to my desired building, I took a small break, catching my breath. Once I re-energized, I continued with my goal, not until I heard a grunt behind me and the clanging of metal. I turned around hastily and looked down the edge to see who it was.

       It was the Green Ninja, and he was about to fall to his death. Quickly enough, I grabbed his hand before he fell, and did my best to pull him up most of the way, grunting as I hauled him up. First Spinjitzu Master, I thought. I am definitely not cut out for this kind of lifting.

       Once he was safe on the rooftop I breathed a sigh of relief, the muscles in my arms relaxed. And then he turned hostile on me, going in defense mode.

       "Who are you?" He questioned. Oh, I thought. He probably thinks I'm an imposter. I pulled off my hood and smiled, albeit nervously. Would I get reported for doing this? This time it was Lloyd breathing a sigh of relief and confusion.

       "Princess," he started, pulling off his mask. "I thought you were kidnapped? I was trying to save you." He seemed to grow a bit nervous, I had to hold myself from laughing a bit.

       "Was that what that was?" I asked. "From what I experienced, it looked like I was the one saving you." I smiled. Ironic, is it not? He seemed to grow a bit more embarrassed. It seemed like the Green Ninja wasn't used to being saved, having his position and all. He pointed towards the bag.

       "Then who's in the bag?" He asked. I laughed, going on to open the bag of food.

       "You mean what's in the bag." As I opened the bag, I pulled out a banana. "Food, for the less fortunate. Harumi and I alternate between days. Sometimes we do them together." I closed it back up again. "Even if both of us are confined to the palace, we still try to give what we can." Lloyd seemed to grow confused as I explained.

       "But your bedroom... it was ransacked." He stated. I grew a bit warm, anxious. He saw all that? Oh, I hope he didn't think negative of me just because of my room.

       "Yes, I know I'm not that responsible when it comes to tidying up, but it's something I'm still working on," deciding to play with him I try to joke around. "Thank you for noticing," I put my hands on my hips and raise an eyebrow, smiling. Now that definitely made him regret what he said, he seemed to get more anxious.

       "I'm sorry! I—I didn't mean—!" His words were interrupted by Mr. Hutchins in the distance.

       "Princess Y/n is gone! Find her!" He yelled. I gasped softly, quickly trying to find an article of clothing for him to wear.

       "They can't know I left the palace!" I exclaimed, pulling on a beige sweatshirt hanging from a nearby clothesline and shoving it in his hands. "You have to disguise yourself, hurry!"

       We jumped from where we were to the ground below. Luckily, it wasn't as high as I was expecting it to be, so we landed with no injuries. Coming across a street, I looked both ways for cars and for guards, when I deemed it safe, I ran, Lloyd following closely behind.

       We came across the usual destination, and I admired the beauty of the small town as we walked on the wooden floor. Whenever we came across some people I offered them food and they gratefully took it with a small 'thank you.' Trying to break the silence, I decided to talk with Lloyd.

       "Some things are easier to do when you're not a princess and Ninjago's next Empress." I sighed wistfully. "If I had ever asked my parents, they would never allow it." Children and young adults alike started to gather around, so I opened the bag and gave some to Lloyd to help me out. "But these people are hungry  and we have so much food at the palace," childrens' faces lit up at the sight of food, and most ran off to show their parents or friends, and as quick as I filled up the bag, the food was gone, even the bag itself disappeared! Looks like I was going to have to ask Harumi for another. Nevertheless I smiled, another day completed with at least some stomachs filled. I looked at Lloyd and he seemed happy as well and we started walking.

       "Can I ask you a question?" He said. I nodded in response. "Do you... enjoy being a princess?" I sighed, shaking my head.

       "Almost everyone says being a princess is a life-changing thing, normally in a good way," I start. "And it is—in some aspects—but most of the time, the responsibity is just too much to handle, and it gets hard sometimes, trying to protect a country all by yourself."

       "Tell me about it," Lloyd responds. "Not being a princess, I mean, being the Green Ninja." He corrects himself. I take off my hood and look him in the eyes as we walk, occasionally looking in front of myself so I don't trip.

       "We have to live up to roles that were handed to us," I explain. "These roles that we have? They were given to us by fate, so we never get to choose what to play." We come across a bridge at this point and stop there.

       "I know," he agrees. "It's hard to live a normal life," he holds up his mask. "At least I get to wear a mask. But you?" I laugh softly.

       "I wear my own masks, sometimes painted," I turn around and pull on my hood, then turn back to face Lloyd with my arms out. "Sometimes a kidnapper of princesses! Muahaha!" I try my best impression of an evil laugh and this gets me a small chuckle out of Lloyd. Satisfied, I grin and pull off my hood once more.

     "Hey, in my defense it was my first day," he smiled, scooting a bit closer. I did a tiny bit as well. His eyes really were beautiful up close. I could get myself lost in them for days...

       Unfortunately, our time was interrupted by a bottle clanging and men laughing. Lloyd looked straight ahead so I ended up pulling my hood back up and turning around. Over, right next to a building were men gathering around a bunch of kids. Those poor children, how dare they harass innocents!

       We got closer to the commotion, and I hid behind Lloyd, him making sure we didn't get spotted. I got a good look at what the gang of men with painted faces was doing to those kids. They were pushing them around like ragdolls! How could they do that just to get a laugh?!

       "With all of this going around you'd think they'd leave those poor kids alone," I said. This was getting on my nerves. Lloyd seemed to agree with me.

       "These people have enough to worry about. They shouldn't have to be bullied by low-level street thugs," he hissed. I nodded, and looked back at the scene. But once I realized my position and responsibility, I remembered the palace guards couldn't know where I was, if they did my parents would surely have security placed on me so I couldn't sneak out again. Breathing out a sigh of frustration, I decided to lay low. So before Lloyd could go out and reveal us, I held him back.

       "Please don't," I pleaded. "You'll reveal us." Lloyd sighed, and took another look at the gang before gasping in shock. I furrowed my eyebrows.

       "What is it? What's wrong?

       "That's the same symbol I saw before," he muttered. "The Sons of Garmadon. He was my father," he paused, glaring at them. He growled before trying to go after them himself before I stopped him. "No, you said it yourself, they're only low-level thugs, meaning that they take orders from the people above," I looked back at the sight and glared at them. "It's the people who gives the orders that needs to be put to justice." I said. Lloyd sighed.

       "I have to do something," he urged. Soon, an engine was heard revving up. And a mechanical car came unto the scene, passing by us as it did. I grinned.

       "Or you could let Samurai X handle it." I beamed. Samurai X jumped from where they sat, standing in front of the gang. They unsheathed their sword, swinging it around a bit.

       "Step away from the pedestrians," They warned. One of the men in the gang looked fearful.

       "It's Samurai X!" He announced. "Let's split!" The gang ran in different directions. The people formerly being harassed now stood up and cheered. Lloyd looked at me, grinning as he did so.

       "It's good to know the Ninja aren't the only ones protecting Ninjago," he said, relieved.

       "Remembee kids," Samurai X warned. "Look out for each other  and stay safe." The kids stared in awe as Samurai X backflipped back inside their vehicle and sped away. Most likely, they were going to take those words to heart.

       "Just who is Samurai X?" I mumbled. Lloyd seemed to have heard my question because he answered with three words.

       "I wish I knew," he shook his head, stopping his pondering. He turned back to me, a smile of his face.

       "Princess—"

       "Please," I interrupted him, pulling off my hood. Although I would've loved to hear him speak, I think we were a bit past formalities at this point. "Call me Y/n." He sighed softly, an amused look on his face.

       "Y/n," he started, growing serious. "I really should get you home," he finished.

       "Yes, you should be home, Your Highness," a voice interrupted me from responding. I gasped a bit in surprise. It was Mr. Hutchins, and he didn't look too happy.

       "Mr. Hutchins!" I exclaimed. He looked sternly between Lloyd and I, mostly glaring at Lloyd.

       "May I ask what your doing outside the palace?" He spoke in a firm voice, clearly wanting to know just what was happening. I gave up, we couldn't hide it. The best I could do was lie for Lloyd's sake.

       "Y/n and I were just going on a walk," Lloyd defended. Hutchins gasped.

       "Y/n? A walk!" Mr. Hutchins questioned. Oh, no. I can't let him get it trouble for this!

       "I—It was my idea!" I guarded, stepping forward. "Please, don't be angry with Lloyd for my ideas," I pleaded.

       "It's troubling to see you two are on a first name basis," Lloyd and I looked at each other wearily. Hutchins was getting suspicious. This wasn't good. Hutchins looked at me.

       "The streets aren't safe at night, Your Highness," he told me. "I must insist you return with me," he grabbed my hand and hauled me along beside him. "At once."

       I stared at Lloyd with an apologizing look on my face whilst Mr. Hutchins dragged me along. He stared back, regret painted over his features. I stared straight ahead,then up at the shimmering stars.

       How was I going to get out of this one?

                ●●●●●●●●●●

       I stood in front of my parents, clad in traditional makeup and signature green dress, currently receiving a scolding from my parents.

       "What were you thinking, Y/n?" Father chided. I hung my head low. I was filled with shame. Mother was next to speak.

       "You are a member of the royal family of Ninjago," she said.

       "You can't just go gallivanting off with a ninja whenever you want! It's undignified." Father exclaimed. Try as they might try to look me in the eyes, I refused.

       "Not to mention dangerous!" Mother added. I walked forward, tears welled in my eyes, I was frustrated.

       "But he's not just a ninja!" I defended. If anything he was more of a friend now that we understood each other more.

       "You are royalty," Father said. "He is not." Full of shame I realized I may or may not have put my family in danger just by going outside. Going out with Lloyd could have resulted in a disastrous situation.

       "I'm sorry," I apologized, looking up. "I have dishonored our name, our house, and put our family in the lines of danger." Father put a hand on his shoulder, staring at me softly.

       "No, Y/n," he said. "We're sorry," he said. I couldn't tell if his apology was sincere or not. I was too focused on trying not to cry. "We all have a role to play. And yours is in this palace. Your heart mustn't interfere." He explained. I took one last look at him and sighed, my breath trembling. Nodding, I walked off quickly to just get this over with. Turning the corner, I saw Lloyd. He must've heard everything. Without control a tear fell down my cheek.

       "Y/n." He said, reaching out for me. I quickly brushed off his hands.

       "I'm sorry," I muttered. I took one last look at him before I dashed off to my room. My parents were right. How could I have done such a thing? As much as I liked Lloyd, I had to put my duties as the next heir first. Relationships could come at a much later date.

       I sighed at the mess in my room. Even though I was clad in my gown and makeup, they were messily done. I rearranged the makeup utensils on my desk, cleaned up the gown on the floor, stray pillows, and made my bed. I sighed in relief when I finished with everything.

       I laid down on my bed, thinking about what my parents had said. Sure, I had a responsibility as the next heir in the palace, but couldn't I have relationships at the same time? I had to fin—

    KABOOM!

       ........

       My eyes opened wearily. Squinting from the sudden bright light. I tried to sit up but something was weighing me down. I finally gained consciousness and managed to sit up. Fire was spread all over my room, and it wasn't stopping. Quickly, I grabbed the ends of the dress and pulled them up, making sure it wouldn't catch fire as well and dashed out. Seeing as the door to my room had seemingly blasted off, it was an easy escape from the burning room.

       As soon as I stepped out, I could barely even tell if it was the palace anymore. Everything was in flames! I headed right, normally where the throne room would be and was found by the Ice Ninja, Zane.

       "Princess!" He exclaimed, rushing towards me. Harumi was right behind him.

       "Y/n!" She ran towards me, encasing me in a loving embrace.

       "Rumi, Oh, FSM..." I said, looking for injuries.

       "Your Majesties," Zane announced. "Please, follow me. We must get you somewhere safe." I nodded, grabbing Harumi by the hand.

       "Whatever happens, never let go," I told her. She nodded in response. I nodded towards Zane to signify that we were ready, and we started chasing after him, avoiding big walls of fire and gang members on our way.

       As we approached the throne room I noticed Lloyd nearby,, and at that I sighed a breath of relief. But something else caught my eye as well. Mr. Hutchins on the ground, a woman clad in purple with gray skin on top of him, she had a three-pointed dagger raised, prepared to strike.

         "Mr. Hutchins!" Harumi gasped, fearful. Zane quickly did spinjitzu, encasing the purple woman in a body cage of ice. I could hear her muffled screams coming from inside of it. As soon Lloyd noticed Harumi and I he sighed in relief.

       "Glad to see you're both okay," he said. It wasn't until Harumi pointed something out that had chills running down my spine. Seconds later, as if on cue, a voice came from inside Lloyd's mask.

       "Uh... I think my brother just destroyed the Mask of Deception," she announced. Lloyd's eyes widened.

       "What..?" He said, confused.

       "That one was a fake," Hutchins reassured. "I procured the real one from the vaults below!" Harmi and I stared at him in disbelief.

       "A fake?" He both asked. He apologized, a sorry look etched on his face.

       "Forgive, Your Majesties," he bowed slightly. "It is the Mask of Deception. I wasn't sure if I could trust the ninja." He looked at Lloyd, smiling. "I do now." Lloyd gave a slight smile. Hutchins quickly pulled Father's chair and handed Lloyd the mask.

       "Take it, and get the princesses out of here," Hutchins ordered. Harumi stepped up.

       "But what about our parents?" She asked worriedly. Hutchins smiled.

       "I'll find them," he promised. Something in my instincts told me he wouldn't make it out alive with my parents. I hugged him, Harumi in tow.

       "Thank you," I said.

       "I was wrong about you," Lloyd said. Hutchins broke the hug and urged us forward through the tunnel.

       "Go!" He screamed. We ran inside, Harumi leading most of the way to an exit.

       We ended up coming upon the stairs leading to the palace, most of everyone was here, the guards, the ninja, the Sons of Garmadon... everyone was so focused on each other they didn't notice the three of us. From behind me an explosion emerged from the palace. I stared up at where the nohse came from, fearful for my family and Hutchins' lives. Before we could keep moving, it seemed one of the bikers had noticed us. I held Harumi close to me, and I was close to Lloyd.

       As soon as the biker got too close, Lloyd kicked him off and grabbed the bike by the handles. It went over Harumi and I before coming to a stop right next to Lloyd.

       "Get on!" He shouted over the noise. I urged Harumi on first, giving her a nearby helmet, making it so that she was between Lloyd snd I. Luckily this bike was made to accommodate three people. Soon we started speeding away. I held on to Harumi, and made sure she didn't slip.

       As we dashed through the streets, we got away from danger. But now at this point, it seemed like danger was chasing us. From behind I heard a scream. Turning around I saw that it was the purple woman from before. She wasted no time getting out of that ice cage didn't she?

       "Tell Lloyd that we've got company!" I told to Harumi. Looking behind she managed to see what I saw and nodded.  I heard the faint sounds of words coming from her, and Lloyd looked behind us for a split seconds before facing forward and going faster. We weaved through cars and avoided people, but that didn't seem to stop them, they practically busted through traffic, crashing cars along the way. Harumi turned to look once more.

       "They're right behind us!" She screamed. Sure enough, as I looked behind me I witnessed the woman going above and beyond to crash a truck, gaining more ground. I could barely hear Lloyd's voice over the sound of my rapid heartbeat.

       "Hold on!" He shouted. We steered the bike so we could get in front of two trucks. Turning off the headlights, he got behind the second one as soon as they got behind the first truck. When the bikers passed by, he saluted to the truck driver, who saluted back in response.

       We went down an exit, thankfully away from the danger—for a short while. Lloyd looked behind and laughed once he saw no one there.

       "Lost 'em!" He said. That didn't stay true for long. Seconds later she appeared in front of us. Lloyd stared in disbelief. "Her again?" He asked to one.

       From the distance, she pulled out her three-tipped dagger, Lloyd unsheathed his sword, directed at her. He glanced at us.

       "Keep your heads down!" He shouted. Harumi as I did just that.

       I heard the clanging of metal and I looked up, only to notice the Mask of Deception in between the woman and where we currently stood. I pointed to it.

       "The mask!" I exclaimed.

       "Oh, no," Harumi said. "It must've fallen while you and her fought!" She said. Lloyd noticed too, softly gasping. He sheated his sword, looking ahead, it seemed the woman did as well. Revving up the engine of the bike a bit, Lloyd was determined to get the mask before her.

       "You're gonna have to get the mask, Rumi," I said. "I'm too high up to resch down for it from the bike." She nodded, understanding. Soon enough, it was a race against the clock.  Bute as fast as we were, it seemed fate wasn't on our side this time. By the end of the small race, the woman had the mask in her hands, laughing at our demise.

       "We have to get it!" Harumi exclaimed. I nodded.

       "She's right!"

       Lloyd weighed our options between getting the mask and running away, or just running away. The second option soon outweighed the first as soon as the rest of the bikers from earlier came into view.

       "We have to get out of here!" He shouted, turning the bike around and getting chased as soon as he did. We went down another exit, leading us towards what seemed yo be the docks. We avoided a truck full of fish, causing it to fall over and spill all it's fish. Soon after dodging and weaving through more people and objects, we came in contact with a bridge, just sturdy enough to hold the bike.

       "It's a dead end!" Harumi exclaimed. Lloyd chuckled..

       "But we're not dead yet!"

       Sure enough, I looked forward, and there was a boat, they weren't going to let us get away in a boat, were they?

       As we got on the boat via ramp, we got off the bike, Lloyd urging us to follow him.

       "This way, princesses!" He said. We climbed a ladder, leading to what seemed to be control systems.

       "What are you thinking?" Harumi judged. "We can't get away from them in this thing!" Lloyd looked offended.

       "Hey now!" He said, "This thing still has a few surprises left in her!" He smirked. Pulling down sheets covering control panels. I helped him in doing it. If we wanted o get out of here, we needed to do it quickly, and I was not about to slow anyone down today.

       "Guys!" Harumi argued. "They're not just going to let us sail away!" She said. Lloyd turned on a screen with a few buttons and it soon turned on. After a split second it turned back off. Lloyd had a sour look on his face, and kicked it. It turned back on. He smirked, turning to us.

       "Who said anything about sail?" He asked. He pressed a few more buttons, and soon I felt a small sensation of going up in the air. We weren't sailing, we were flying!

       Soon enough, we were over the streets of Ninjago City.

       It was beautiful.

       Harumi and I looked over the edge of the ship. Cars and lights and people were below us, buildings shone as bright as ever. It truly was a sight too see.

       "I've never seen the city from this high before," Harumi commented. I nodded.

       "With all the palace rules being strict we were never allowed to go outside," I added, turning around to glance at Lloyd. "I'm almost jealous that you and the other ninja see this every day."

       "Your Majesties," he introduced. "Welcome aboard the Destiny's Bounty." The engine must've sputtered because as soon as he said those words a thud was heard. Nevertheless, we continued on towards the palace. I admired the rising sun on the horizon to keep my mind off of things.

                ●●●●●●●●●●

       Soon enough Harumi spotted the rest of the group and we went to go get them. As soon as they got on, a sudden tension hung in the air. They had bruises all over them, they faces stained by ashes. They looked defeated. They hung their heads low. I brought myself to speak.

       "The Emperor and Empress? Where is Hutchins?" My voice trembled. I knew the answer already, but I had to ask for me and Harumi's sake. I had to stay strong.

       "Did they..." Harumi stepped back, not wanting to consider the possibility, I wrapped an arm around her. It was Nya who stepped forward to talk.

       "I'm sorry, Your Majesties," she said solemnly. "They didn't make it." A tear fell from my eye, once again betraying how I was supposed to act. I was in great turmoil, but Harumi being my younger sister, I needed to be strong for her. Harumi gently broke from my embrace, turning to look at the palace. I stood beside her.

       "And the mask?" I heard someone say. No response. Lloyd must've shaken his head.

       "I promise you," Kai said. "We'll find the people responsible for this." Lloyd stepped forward, trying to comfort us.

       "Once again, I am without parents," Harumi said, voice trembling. I gave her a small hug.

       "But not without a sister," I said, smiling. Lloyd pet Harumi's shoulder.

       "You're with us now," he said. "And we'll make sure to find out who's behind all this. They are not going to get away." He vowed. I nodded.

       "Thank you, Lloyd," I said. I turned my head towards the ninja and tilted my head slightly, thanking them. "Thank you, everyone. But I feel it would be better to give us some space as of this moment. It would help give us time to process this information." I looked down at Harumi, my tone indicating how this would affect her most. From the looks of it,, I was right. Her skin was paler than usual, and her face looked like as if it had aged. My eyebrows furrowed, worried to see Harumi in such a state.

       Turning back to the burning palace, I wondered if what Lloyd said was indeed true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 1K 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...
1.7K 70 11
In the bustling world of Ninjago, amidst the clash of elemental powers and the constant threat of dark forces, there exists a pair that is just tryin...
303K 7.5K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...
12.9K 420 24
"One Ninja will rise above the others and become the Green Ninja. The ninja destined to defeat the Dark Lord. Alongside the Green Ninja there will be...