Gone Without You

By LeafCake

"You're supposed to be dead, I watched them bury you," She thought all of the hurt she felt had finally stopp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Thank Yous
An Idea.
Scrapped Ideas.
New Chapters?

Chapter 9

438 22 28
By LeafCake

"So how do you feel about him being back?" Pin asked as she sipped her coffee.

"I don't know, I mean of course I'm happy that he's not dead but I don't know it's just... complicated I guess," Leafy sighed.

"How so?" Pin wondered.

"Well, I have no idea what to do, do I act like nothing happened or do I keep doing what I'm doing?" Leafy said as she rubbed her temple.

"What have you been doing?" Pin questioned.

"I haven't been loving him, if that makes sense. I've had him sleeping on the couch, I haven't let him anywhere near me romantically," Leafy explained.

"But why, if Coiny died then came back to life, I'd be all over him," Pin said.

"I want to do that but I keep saying to myself I'm doing this because I'm scared of being hurt again, like I said I really don't know what I'm doing," Leafy sighed deeply.

"See, there comes a point where it stops being about you protecting yourself and it starts being you indirectly punishing him for something he clearly didn't want to do," Pin stated.

"Maybe it's a bit of both," Leafy said guiltily.

"We don't know what he went through, so no offense but there's a chance you're just being cruel," Pin noted.

"But how can I know, he's not telling me anything at all," Leafy grumbled.

"Yeah yeah, he told me that he's waiting but you're his wife, surely there must be something he can tell you?" Pin said thoughtfully.

"No idea, I can't get anything out of him," Leafy complained.

Pin thought for a minute before a sly grin made it's way on her face.

"Well, there might be a way for you to get some information," she smirked.

"How?" Leafy asked suspiciously.

"People are more honest when they're tired right? So just find a way to... tire him out," Pin said sweetly

"No way Pin, that's just all kinds of wrong!" Leafy exclaimed.

"I mean it would work though, after you're... you know done, you can ask him and I'm certain he'll say something, it always works for me," Pin laughed slightly.

"Pin, I think you're evil," Leafy said, unimpressed.

"Look, just keep it in mind okay? It might also help you let yourself get close to him again, maybe that's what your mind wants, an excuse," Pin shrugged.

"Hm, maybe," Leafy said quietly.

The conversation moved to different topics but Leafy did keep what Pin said in the back of her mind.

Maybe Pin was right, maybe she didn't actually want to know where he'd been or what he'd done, maybe she just was too scared to approach him.

Would she be a bad person if she actually did this? No, she was just trying to get information that she deserved to know, depending on what he told her would change how she dealt with things.

As they left the coffee shop, Pin offered to take Grove for the night, an offer that Leafy accepted so it was arranged that Coiny would drive to Leafy's apartment, pick up Grove and take him back to himself and Pin's apartment.

Just her and Firey in the apartment, exactly how it used to be...

Leafy had drank some of her wine as a slight confidence booster and sat down on the couch across from Firey who leaned against the wall on his pull out bed.

"You can sit here with me if you want," Leafy offered

Firey looked up from his phone and smiled. "Really?"

Leafy hummed as she nodded and Firey pushed himself up and sat on the opposite end of the couch.

She watched him from the corner of her eye, he wasn't doing anything to get close to her, he just sat there. He was doing exactly what she had told him.

She moved closer to him, no reaction.

She moved even closer, turning her body slightly so she faced him, still nothing.

She was now right where he was sitting, her hand close to his and she could feel the warmth he emitted.

"What are you doing?" he asked finally.

"Stretching," she lied.

"You're awfully close," he noted.

"Is that a crime?" she questioned.

"No, but I thought you didn't want to be close," he recalled.

"You talk too much sometimes," she smiled as she shifted around and was essentially in a crawling position with her hands by his lap.

The expression on his face was rather cute to Leafy, he looked confused but mystified in a strange way but very much unsure of what to do.

Their faces were barely inches apart with their noses almost touching as Leafy did her best to look as attractive as possible.

"You said you wanted nothing more than to kiss me. Well, I can give you exactly what you want," she said seductively.

"But-I what about the rules you told me?" he laughed nervously.

"I've had enough time to warm up to you again, I think we can scrap them," she whispered.

She pressed her lips against his and she felt a tightness in her chest that felt surprisingly nice, she hadn't kissed him in so long she had forgotten how sweet it was.

Firey pulled her closer but kept the kiss gentle, scared he would do something wrong.

Ecstatic, elated, happy, there was no one word that could describe how he felt in that moment. He had wanted this for so long, finally having it didn't feel real.

He pulled away from the kiss to smile lovingly at Leafy as he brushed some hair out of her face.

"I waited so long for that," he breathed.

Leafy took in the soffteness on his face, there was nothing hidden, there was only his love at the forefront of everything, he simply loved her.

She saw this and felt a wave of guilt crash down onto her.

She hated that she had initiated this just so she could weasel information out of him, she had tainted their first kiss in years.

She hid her face in his chest for fear that he would somehow see what she had actually intended of doing.

Screw her plan, screw what Pin said, she didn't care about any of it right now, she'd find out one day but for now all she wanted was for Firey to kiss her again and make her feel better.

He ran his hand through her hair, the repetitive motion reminding her of how he used to comfort her and she clutched his shirt tightly, fists in a ball, scared if she let go he'd leave.

Using his other hand, he cupped her face and gently lifted it so she looked at him again, still with that soft, loving smile on his lips.

The two gazed at each other for a few minutes, taking the other in and making the most of their first tender moment they had in years together.

Firey couldn't believe how pretty Leafy was, her eyes were a gorgeous mix of greens, like a forest in the sunlight after a fresh rain, her skin was soft to the touch and having her in his arms once more felt so right.

"I love you, Leafy,"

Those words meant so much to both of them, to Firey it was like a final stamp of approval to show that he had made it back to her and he was still able to say those words to her face, a chance he often thought he wouldn't have again.

For Leafy, it confirmed that they both hadn't lost what they had when they got married, she had wanted those words for so long, now here he was back from the dead and still loving her.

It was such an easy thing to say but it meant the absolute world, neither had allowed themselves to hope they'd hear those words again but the course of their lived had decided to be kind to them for once, allowing both to feel genuinely happy for the first time since Firey had left.

Leafy smiler back at him, trusting him and once more in her mind, promising herself to him, she was done pushing him away and pretending she didn't want him so much she wanted to scream, she was going to let herself endulge in his warmth, she deserved to be happy, they both did.

"I love you too, Firey,"

She kissed him again, slightly deeper this time but unable to fight away the smile that interrupted it.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really happy," she laughed.

"Please don't be sorry," he said as he kissed the top of her head.

They spent the rest of the night in each other's arms, completely fading from the world around them, the only thing that mattered was the person in front of them.

Falling asleep tangled up in Firey's warmth was quite possibly one of the best feelings Leafy had felt in a while...

But nothing would ever best the euphoric feeling she felt in her chest when she woke up and he was right there, just as wrapped up in her body as she was with his.

===============================

I'm so sorry but this chapter feels so goofy oml.

But I still hope you enjoyed!

XOXO
LeafCake

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 0 17
"You're unbearable!" He kicks her with utter contempt. "Please tell me where I'm wrong, causing you discomfort was not my intention," she said crying...
1.2K 2 8
Leafy asks Golf Ball for a favor one day, and she agrees since she wants to be considerate for once. However, when she sees the hysteria created by h...
4K 94 29
he was there for you, then he wasn't, when he returns home will you go back to how you were or will you drift further apart *COMPLETED*
4.6K 53 32
TW β€’Blood ig (I'll add some gore drawings here eventually.) β€’Violence β€’Death..duh β€’BitchesπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ Liy once lived in a almost normal life. Everything wa...