Chased by Life and Death

By Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 5

123 9 10
By Lillian2Gwen

WARNING! This chapter contains violence, fight scenes, and blood so please be prepared.

 Monica

I pass through the massive green and brown trees, looking around until I'm at my destination. The small town near Portland is very quiet and deserted as I excepted. I walk down the empty road and I turn to a dark strait. It smells awful because of the garbage the civilians have thrown. The town is small and it feels moody. All the people here are criminals. However, some kind citizens are living here because they can't afford anywhere else to stay.

I finally come to a stop due to the fact I'm in a deadlock. Most people think and see that they have to go back because of the wall but I pass through it and now I'm in a dark corridor. At the end of the hallway is a grey door which is where I'm heading. Before I opened it and I have used my sense, I sense that two guards are standing behind it and two others across the corridor at the end of the other door. Bingo. I open the door and before the guards can react, I toss my butter knife. It slices through the air and plunges into his throat. His body falls and I already kick the other on his chest and I send him flying to the door, where the other guards are.

His eyes are steady because when he collides with the door his spine breaks and his corpse fall. The rest of the guard's eyes widened with fear and panic. Thus, in one second, I am standing in front of them, I grab hard the head of the left one so my nails are digging into his scalp and slam it on the wall. With a loud splash of his head and the blood that exploded from it, he is dead. Then I turn to the last one. He is on his knees, crying. With my power I make him chock to his blood. Eventually, he starts choking and falls to the cold ground.

Nice, in one minute I killed four guys who were three times bigger than me. My weapon disappears and the corridor burst into fire. Of course, it can't burn me because I am the one who is controlling it. You see this is one of my other powers, I can control any element I want. Immediately, the fire stops and everything feels normal with no trace of the corpses and the blood. In particular, I can explode a building and with my fire, I can restore it and make it like it was before.

I open the door knowing who is inside. The office smells like marihuana and smoke. A man is sitting on a desk and when he sees me, he gets up "Who the hell are you and how did you get in?", he asks with anger. He is forty with black hair and he is 5'12''. I walk slowly and I can feel him taking me in.

 I sit on the leather chair and say with a kind smile "Oh I'm sorry but I found the entrance open and I thought "Why don't I go inside and say hello?" and here I am", he sits down and studies me.

"Well, I don't know you so get your ass and leave. Girls like you shouldn't hang around here. You don't know what will happen", he says while licking his lips. "Now go I have a job-"

"Nico Patrins, age forty, has no family and a psycho", I say with a smirk. His eyes widen and he draws his knife from his pocket.

"Who are you bitch? You think knowing something about me will sca-", before he can finish, I slam him on the ground with my power. He can't do anything, except move his eyes and mouth. "You know for a drug dealer you are not skilled", I purr and I walk towards him. Now I'm above him and I put my foot on the back of his neck.

"Tell me, how is Aiden? You know I want to send him a gift but I don't know where he is, so I decided to go to his pals for fun", I speak and the only thing he says is "Fuck you". I sign because I have already been used to these descriptions.

"You have killed two hundred people, raped fifty kids, boys and girls and you sell drugs-", I put some pressure on my foot and he starts to chock. "Do you think I can let you go even though you have committed crimes like that?", I ask him and he starts sobbing and trembling. I look at him, disgusted and I let little of my power which has him pinned to the ground.

"You are a piece of shit like the others. Do you know what I do to dicks like you?" and he shakes his head "P-Please, what d-do you want? I will g-give you all m-my mone-" but before he can finish, I put all my weight on my foot and I crush his neck. I stare at his dead eyes meanwhile; my fire burns the traces of the office.

"I hate all of you", and I disappear into the black fire.

                                                                                  •••••••••••••

After I finished my job, I reappear in my room. All the others are still sleeping so I go to the bathroom to take a shower. Of course, my fire burns any traces of blood off my body too. Notably, the corridor which leads to the bathroom is dark but not cold. I tip-toed to the door, opened it, and walked inside. I close it and start to take off my pink tank top and shorts. After I have taken my underwear too, I get to the shower. I prefer my showers to be not too hot or too cold. As the water hits me, I start to sing one of my favorite songs "On my way" by Sabrina. However, the guys and neither the students who live here can hear me because I control who is gonna listen to me singing or not. It's like a barrier.

It's the second day of school and it's five o'clock in the morning. Yesterday, it was a pretty good day. The guys are hilarious and very kind. I knew from the moment I met them that they are good people. Another power of mine is that when I see someone, above his head I can see three small circles. The first one is green, the second is orange, and the last one is red. When only the green is showing then the person is pure.

On the contrary, when is red the person is evil and I have to kill him. But what orange means? Well, orange means that the person is neither green nor red. In this situation I have to keep an eye on them so if anything happens, I will be prepared.

But can someone tell me how did I get into this situation? I am living with eight hot guys and they are my teammates. Somehow, I feel really lucky about this. All of them are amazing. First, we have Parker, he is two years older than me and he is such a gentleman. When I first saw him, I wanted to run my hands through his curly blonde and brown hair. Also, did I say he is muscular with piercings on his ears and nose? I'm dying here. On the other hand, Hunter is the opposite of Parker. He is rude, tough, and a heartless dude. However, his beard and mustache with his gray eyes are saving him from rejection. I'm kidding!

I know deep down that he is not like that and with the people he loves he is another man. So even though he is an annoying bastard I still like him. Thus, we have Tristan, my one-year-older best friend. He is my dance partner and my buddy. He is a joyful and determined person, but he can't control himself when he feels rage. Next, we have Logan, our calm and wise leader. Well, we are the leaders of the group and we take our fight decisions together. He is two years older than me and I love his green eyes and his seriousness. After, we have Ian. What can I say to this dude? He is witty and flirty with long white hair, which I love and he is the same age as Logan. Now we go to the smaller ones.

First, we have Luke, who is shy, and intelligent and he is the same age as Tristan with high cheekbones. Noah is sixteen years old and he's shy and gets scared, but that is not something bad because all we get is dread of something. Similarly, Blake is more in-depended and amiable. Furthermore, I like his face with the pointy nose and his lip piercing. I don't care what creatures they are or what did they do to their past because if we talked about the past the one who will lose is me.

My room is really pleasant after I did some small changes. More generally, the room is awesome and the students.... well, some of them are dicks and others are splendid. My classes were absorbing and my professors were very polite.

Afterward, I finished my shower got out, and wrap myself in my cotton towel. I put my clothes in the basket with unwashed duds and open the door. I head to my room, put on black sweatpants with a white blouse, pull my hair into a classy ponytail, and went to the kitchen. I sat on the table of the kitchen island; put on my headphones and watch as the sun rise. Suddenly, I feel a presence in the room and say without turning "Ohayo".      *

"I guess I'm not the only one who is awake", says Hunter, and I turn my head. He is wearing a white T-shirt and black sweatpants. His bed hair is messy and his eyes are taking my form.

"It's already time for the run?", he smirks.

"Are you already tired, sunshine? Because if you are,  you are free to go while it's the beginning".

"That's nothing. I have done more than that. I'm tough even I'm small", I get off the stall and head towards him. Now we are standing two steps apart.

"I don't like to be underestimated", I breathed and his eyes find mine and stay there. The first one who turns away is him and I take a few steps back as the guys enter the living room. I go beside them and they eyed me.

"Morning, did you sleep well?", I say. All I hear is "Morning", "Yes", "No", "Somehow". I sign and we follow Hunter and Logan outside.

Ohayo: Is a Japanese word that means 'Good Morning'

                                                                             •••••••••••

The first weekend is today. Hunter and Logan are in their office doing some work while Blake is visiting his sister with Chase. Also, Noah is sleeping and Tristan with Parker are in the gym. They invited Luke and me but I didn't go because I have dance lessons today and some other things to do.

This week was the same. We went every day for running and we went to our classes. I still don't talk much because I want to have a little longer my cover on and then I will show them who truly I am. The school is pretty good but after two weeks we will start going to the gym. Due to Hunter, we have to prepare our bodies with running so later we will start lifting weights and doing small combats with each other. Also, he said that sometimes we will go on missions, for example, to take down drug dealers or killers, etc.

The other students are okay with me but some of them don't want me here because I'm a girl. Well, I'm not going anywhere so they have to use seeing my face. More importantly, I met Maddie and her boyfriends. We had Supernatural and Shifter Biology together and she invite me with the guys to eat lunch together. She is not a bitch or an evil monster like the other chicks. She is sweet, and kind, and she is comfortable with her boys. She has seven boyfriends and they are her mates.

They were all friendly with us and made us laugh with everything damn thing they said. Maddie said that she is relieved that a girl is here and that if I want something I can go to her room to talk. She lives on the floor under us, that's why we haven't met. But I'm not sure if I want to have a girlfriend because all of my life I have been around guys and went to an all-boys school before so I've been used to dudes.

Additionally, I have three overprotective brothers and three best friends so... you can say I'm a girl who only talks to boys because I'm comfortable around them but some bitches say that I'm a whore. Well, I don't give a shit what they talk about me so.... yeah. I wear my green tank top and black baggy pants, put my hair in a high ponytail, put on my shoes, wear a black cotton jacket, and walk out of our dorm. On the way down I don't spot someone except when I'm ready to pass through the door. Nathaniel, the rich bully guy, blocks my way and pins me on the wall. He cages me with his hands and brings his face close to mine. His one foot taller than me and his brown eyes find mine.

"Well, well look who we have here. Where are you going, babe? Can I come too? We will have a great time together," he purrs and he rubs his groin against my stomach. I try not to think which is the best way I can kill him. Maybe I can take his throat out or I can break his fingers one by one with a hammer.

"I'm sorry but I don't like your face", I say with a blank expression. His face lights with anger. "Look here bitch, you have fucked all your roommates so why don't you fuck me t-" he says but I cut him because I feel my rage grow.

"You have a great neck," I say while my eyes travel to his bulb. He sees my expression and his eyes widen. He backs away, trembling, turns, and runs. What a loss, I wanted to take out his throat. I head outside and the cold breeze hits me like a wave. I walk through the field when finally, I'm to the big golden gate. The guards see me approaching and the tall one asks "Do you have permission to leave?".

"Yeah, my name is on the list", he takes a look at the list, nods and the other one opens the gate. "Will you walk?" asks the second and I turn.

"No, I will take a cab, don't worry. Have a great day" and start to walk before they can respond. Of course, I won't take a cab I will grab my ride. Fifteen minutes away from the gate, I use my power and my street motorcycle appears in front of me. She has a purple color and at night it shines with led lights. I remove my jacket and wrap it around my waist and get on. I put on my helmet and start the engine

Eventually, "Go Gyal" starts to play and I head to my destination. The truth is that I run with 120 but I really like to run and no I haven't had an accident before. I steer to the next town at full speed. After fifteen minutes I park my motorcycle outside of the dance building. I take my helmet and surge inside. In particular, the place has five floors each with different equipment and it can fit sixty people on each floor. All the guys are here and I greet them.

"Hey, miss me?", I ask and Adam comes for our salute, Kian hugs me, and Sam with the other twenty wave at me. There are more here and I'm happy to see them.

"We lost you, sugar. How is school? A little bird said that you go to an all-boys school and you live with eight hot dudes. So, tell us do we have to beat them up or we can invite them for a football game?" asks Kian.

"It's great and the guys are cool so no you can't beat them up," I say while laughing and I hear disappointing groans. All of my friends are very protective of me because they say that they adore me. Suddenly, Asher says in my head "Monica, forty demons are in the fairy forest. What do you want me to do?".

"I will send Nirvana and some of the wolves to come, I want them all dead. I will send Kira if you have injured. Also, I dispatched all the other ten packs that had gone to the next villages so you can rest", I say to him in my mind.

"Okay, be safe" and I cut the connection. I did forget to say that I can create with my power soldiers, different animals, and creepy creatures, who can fight. I send them to battle in many different places while I stay here and order them. Of course, they can be killed but most of the time I protected them with a barrier. Moreover, I have real animals and creatures on my side, and they came to me to help stabilize the arising problems. That's been my job since I was raised and the same way were my parents. If they were here, we wouldn't have these causes, but I can't do anything because they were murdered. I stop thinking of the past and I concentrate on my friends.

"Okay let's start with some exercises and then you can dance", says Amelia, my dance teacher. She comes towards me and hugs me.

"Welcome, blondie". "Amelia, how are you?" and she pulls back.

"I will be fine If you start dancing because I have to see this body moving so, moves your legs", she says with a smile. After we did the exercises, Amelia plays to the loudspeakers "BTBT" by Soulja. We take our positions and I let the music take my mind away. Then, my body takes control. My legs and hands move to the rhythm based on the choreography. I slide to one side and then on the other and do the backflips. We move in unison and I feel free and alive. When the song ends some drop to the ground and some others like me, put their hands on their knees. "Well done. Now we move to the next one so we can start with the new choreography", Hell yeah.

                                                                                  ••••••••••

Afterward, we finished dancing I chat with the guys and Amelia and headed to my bike. The road was packed with cars so I passed through them and in twenty minutes I was near campus. I got off the bike and eventually, it disappeared. I start walking down the road where the gate of the school is. The road and the trees are creepy when it's afternoon, especially at night. Finally, I am in front of it and the guards approach me and open it. "I'm sorry to ask but where were you until this late?", asks Finn, the guard.

"I have dance lessons on weekends in the next town and today after practice I hang out with my friends," I say politely because I know that the guards are kind.

"Oh ok. Well, have a good night", says Mathew the other one.

"Good night" and walk to the dorm building. In my way, I don't come across someone except some students who have swimming and football clubs, etc. I get to the elevator when I hear behind me "Monica, wait up!". I turn to find Ian running towards me. When he finally came beside me half breathing, we got inside and I pressed the button. "Why were you running?" I asked while holding my laugh.

"It's obvious that I wanted to get the elevator too so I started running" he breathed and I laughed awkwardly.

"You usually, take the stairs." I stare at him frustrated.

"Yes, but I am tired so I took the elevator-", which is true. After our dance practice I'm dead. "-Also, are you a stalker?" and peer at him with the corner of my eye.

"No no I just... well we live together and ... so..." he explains while he waves his hands. I put my hand on his arm and feel my whole face burning.

"Ian I was just joking. Take some breaths". He stops, stares at me, and moves closer.

"If I didn't breathe, will you have kissed me to save my life?" he asks and the door of the elevator opens. I know that my whole face is like a strawberry so I get off and start walking faster to our room. Ian is behind me walking while laughing "Monica wait, I was kidding". I open the door so fast that I think I broke the knob because my grip was very tight. All the guys are in the living room, talking and they stop and turn to me. Immediately, Tristan starts to laugh with Noah because of my face. The others stare at me confused and Ian is finally behind me.

"I think you have to take the strawberry role to a kid show. They won't have to put red paint on your face, Shorty." Tristan laughs. I blush more and glare at him. I steer to my room when Ian grabs my hand. "Monica-"

"It's okay Ian. I-I" My eyes widen from the small contact he made and feel like I want to die now.

"I- GOOD NIGHT," I say a little too high, and break from his grip. As I'm on the small corridor I stand with my back to the wall to listen to their discussion.

"What happened?" asked Parker.

"I don't know, I just made her a joke" Ian signed."What joke?" asks Blake.

"I just said to her that if I wasn't breathing she would have to kiss me to save me. That's all." Hunter signs loudly and Logan is the one who answers.

"Well, you see, Monica gets embarrassed about these things. For example, kisses, hugs, touches, and sex. So don't worry about it. The same thing she is doing to us. It's just that she gets really shy." "Oh, thank god I was worried that she won't speak to me again," Ian mumbles.

"Why are you so worried about it? I mean she is just a girl," says Hunter. That's when I get angry. Also, I realized that all the others have fallen quiet.

"Hunter you will wish that she didn't hear that because she gets aggressive," Noah warns him. "She is not like the other girls, in a good way," says Parker, and I get butterflies in my stomach. I think that I like this guy.

"Anyway, in two weeks we will start going to the gym and do some practice fighting," says Hunter and he gets up. "Now let's eat." I go to my room, change into my anime pajamas, unravel my hair from my two braids, and lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. "Monica, will you come for dinner?" asks Blake outside of my door. He opens it and freezes. I see something weird but I can't tell for sure because my lights are off. Did he just have hungry eyes or did I imagine it? However, my pajamas have long sleeves.... maybe he studies my hair. Shit!

"Mmmm, I won't eat because I ate before I got here."

"Will you come to the living room?" and I stare at him with my stomach doing circles inside me. "I think I will get some sleep because I'm tired" and I watch him as his expression fell. "I'm sorry-" but he interrupts me.

"It's okay, you seem exhausted so try to get some sleep. Good night.".

 "Night," I say and he closes the door. I try to sleep but nothing happens. I think about our conversation and I sign. I can't come closer to them and become friends because I will hurt them. But why do I feel guilty about my decision to stay in my room?

                                                                                  •••••••••••

The two weeks passed so quickly that today is Friday and on Monday we will start to go to the gym. Nothing happened these past few days because we were busy studying and running. As for me, I ate lunch with the guys and Maddie and we also went shopping the last weekend. Also, I had some work to do and I went to the fairy world to see the situation. Aiden has struck again and he never appears in his battles with us, but someday I will make him show his ugly face and I will make him pay for what he did to my dear ones.

It's lunchtime so I head to the cafeteria. Today the place seems louder than other times and I feel that something bad will happen. I take my tray and see where the boys are sitting. Today they sit next to the wall because it seems our old table is already taken. "Hi," I say, and hear "Hey" and "Hi". I sit and start eating my sandwich while the guys talk.

"You know I found a good movie to watch."

"We can go for a walk to the woods today after we do our homework," speaks Noah to Blake. "I don't know, I was thinking to stay inside and listen to some music," answers Blake. I feel eyes on me and lift my head to see Parker looking at me. I blush but then his eyes trail behind me to the person who is approaching me. Immediately, the guys tensed and I wait for what will happen.

"Hey boys, how are ya?" says Matteo, best friend of Nathaniel.

"Fine until you came," answers Ian and his voice sounds annoying. We all know that when Matteo and Nathaniel show up, that means we will have problems due to some students who told us about them. Matteo laughs and he supports his weight on the table on my right side. "A little bird told me about your little secret, girl. Well, you take dance lessons so what will you say to give me a lap dance right here like a good girl you are." he purrs to me while his voice is enough loud so all the students can hear. Tristan is griping the table, Parker's face is full of anger, while Ian's hands are curled into fists. The others don't talk but they seem to feel the same. Matteo stands and backs a few steps back and I stand too. I walk to him and come to a stop three steps apart.

"If I dance or not it's not your business and no, I will not give you a lap dance because first-" and I count with fingers, "I'm not a whore as you think. Second, I don't dance for free and third and most important, I don't like your face." and stare at him with a blank face. His face lights with rage and comes to me like he wants to punch me.

I turn and head to my seat while saying "I have already wasted five minutes of my precious life for your bullshit and I prefer to fuck an old man than you. Oh, and I say this to everyone who is here: It's not your fucking business to know if I fuck my roommates or not so stop talking about me and look at your hump because it's not right to stick your nose where it's not belonged." I finish and sit down.

I take a small peer around me to see everyone watching me while the boys are looking at me like a second head has sprouted out of me. Matteo leaves, trembling with anger, and Logan with Hunter approaches us from the opposite wall. Logan has a smirk on his face and Hunter is glaring at me.

"I didn't expect this to happen," says Luke.

"Monica I didn't know you can curse?", speaks Ian.

"She curses all the time but now she is holding back" answers Noah and Tristan laughs.

"Two weeks you are here and you caused a problem", says Hunter, standing a few footsteps away from me.

 "You know I warned the principal that this would happen but-" I don't listen to him because I feel a presence running to us from outside. 

"Move," I say to him with seriousness. He stops talking and stares at me. "You know you come here and now you are giving me orders?". I stand up.

"Stop talking and move," I say again and take a step towards him. The boys behind me are looking at us confused but they can feel something will happen.

 "No, sunshine I won't move because you said that to me so shut-" but I interrupt him.

"MOVE, YOU MORON" I shout and pushed him back as the wall next to us exploded and pieces of concrete are thrown everywhere. A black wolf with red eyes falls to the place where was Hunter, but now he crushes me on the floor and he bites hard on my shoulder. Around me chaos explodes, students are screaming and trying to get away while the boys are shouting at them but more at me. I scream as the wolf's sharp teeth are tearing my flesh and I start to kick and toss my hands. Then, I use my red fire to circle me and the wolf so the others can't see us. I kick hard the wolf in his stomach and send him flying to the wall. I get up but he escapes before I can react. I feel pain on my right shoulder and peer down to see that he has torn my skin so you can see my bones, and blood falls to the ground. The boys are shouting and I burst myself into black fire and reappear deep in the woods. Then white smoke erupts me and now in my place is standing a white tiger. I walk deeper into the woods and let my tiger form heal my wound. I won't go back until I heal but if I found this wolf he is already as good as dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130 10 16
************************************** Going to the university you have dreamed of is always feels like a dream come true. Right? But what happens...
428K 19.2K 17
Growing up in hell has been completely normal to me, being surrounded by demon's and evil soul's is nothing, they don't scare me. But the day mom tol...
91 12 5
It's always that simple like this time. My drunkard voice let it out, "We can't be friends, junior..." I don't know why did I say something LIKE that...
88 1 22
From the second you're in this world they tell you what is fair. What questions your allowed to ask and the ones you can never dare say. I find it da...