Knots Of Fate

By akspn_tales

Adyansh Singh Rathore is insanely in love with his childhood best friend, his fiancée, Samaira Sharma. A mish... More

Introduction
1. The Wrong Turn
2. The Brave Bride
3. The Big Betrayal
4. The Failed Nuptial
5. The Coping Up
6. The Invitation
7. The Rathores
8. The Baby.
9. The Elopement
10. The Havoc
11. Calm and Catastrophe
12. The Goodbyes
13. Finding Solace
14. The Awkward silence
15. The Deep Thoughts
16. The Unexpected Proposal
17. The Emotional Outburst
18. The Chaotic Visit
19. The Ifs and Buts
20. The Ultimate Nupital

0. Prologue

2.6K 161 16
By akspn_tales

The clicking of Jetter pen resonated in the still meeting room. As my eyes swayed between the projecting screen and the marketing department head of Arundhati, sweats of bead could be traced on the poor employee's face. He was nervous, as he should be. The middle-aged man had not only been lacking in work but also dishonest with statistics.

As suggested methodically, a monthly meeting was called in for all the seven in-land branches of Arundhati Textile groups. Instead of the regular supervisors who governed the meeting and later drafted a letter to the main branch, i.e., the CEO's hub, this month the meeting was looked after by the devil incarnation himself- Adyansh Singh Rathore.

"So, you are trying to convince me that there is nothing wrong with the profiting margins of Ambala branch." He made a dramatic pause, making the tension palpable. "On the contrary, you guys earned a profit cent of 19%, a margin even larger than Jaipur branch, Mr. Prajapati?" Mr. Rathore asked. His brown orbs traced the man's face with a certain amount of coldness that could even freeze the glaciers melting due to global warming in Antar-fucking-ta. He raised his eyebrows in question when the silence etched for a longer duration.

Sighing heavily, Mr. Rathore let his eyes sway from the manager to the supervisor. The man who had been busy drafting letters that consoled us about the regular functioning of the department rather than actually taping the employees.

"Mr. Sheikh? 19%?" He asked, emphasizing on the figures. I chewed at the corner of my bottom lips. My back has been paining because of the uncomfortable chair. Standing up amidst a stressful scenario only to adjust my chair and rest my ass back the fuck down like I am enjoying the show telecasted would be awful. I squirmed quietly in my seat, trying my best to adjust myself without drawing any unnecessary attention. Only if I had been blessed with even an ounce of luck in my stars.

"Ms. Rudraksh?"

"Yes, sir?" I asked with my spine straight as a ruler. "Can you please stand up?" Mr. Rathore requested. I nodded my head, pushed my chair back and stood up at my place.

"Wonderful. Now adjust your seat according to your height and sit down. Make sure you are comfortable enough to go for next thirty minutes and be ready with your notepad, please." He asked me with formality and respect lining his voice. My cheeks flared hot due to embarrassment as thirty-nine me in the meeting room had their eyes trailed at my action.

"Eyes on the fucking board! Stop making the lady uncomfortable, assholes." I heard my boss grit out.

The best part about being Adyansh Singh Rathore was the respect you get as a woman. To be on his good books all you have to do is be honest and not meddle in his personal affairs.

Being his personal assistant, being around him for the large part of your working tenure and being present at his beck and call while handling both his personal and professional lives, it is difficult to maintain a formal line between assisting with care and meddling in his business. Most people tend to forget their limits and end up losing their jobs within a few months or even weeks of joining the post. A partial reason as to why you are asked to sign non-discloser agreements with an armful of sincere best of luck but not given a fixed tenure of working period, per se so that he can fire you any moment he wants to kick you out of his premises.

It's even harder when your boss is the crown prince of Jaipur. A multi-national textile company owner. And a motor sport lover, too. Yet, I have sustained a constant position for the past three years.

Resuming my seat back, I nodded my head at my boss after clearing my throat to gain his attention.

"Vaani, please draft a termination letter for Mr. Khan and all the other supervisors for fraud, embellishment and make sure they are provided with 19% of what their salary of this month was meant to be. Ask the HRD of main office to recruit a rather reliable staff for Ambala." Mr. Rathore spoke at the end of the thirty-minute tenure he gave me.

Standing up and closing his suit's buttons, he walked out of the room with me being hot on his tails. The terminated employees knew better than arguing with him.

"Sure, sir." I answered him as I noted down the task in my i pad.

"It's two-thirty already. Inform the staff we'll be stopping for lunch." He informed.

When he meant informing the staff for lunch, he meant for the security to find a suitable place for the prince to dine upon where food was edible, staff was well aware of his status, security would have had already inspected the place before his arrival and Gaurav Gurung would taste his food to make sure it is neither drugged nor poisoned before the lunch was served. A parade of an hour. I huffed in hunger.

"Will do, sir." I made sure my voice was as formal as ever.

Sending a quick message to Wahaj, the head of security, I informed him about the plans as quickly as I could.

"What is the status of Motorsports League? Any updates?" He asked me. Oh! He has been a constant financer of the Rajasthan Riders- the state team of Rajasthan motor bikers.

"Yes, sir. The testing of motor bikes is still in progress. Wahaj would make sure to check up on the arrangements himself before the race. NDA has already been signed." I informed him.

The stubborn royal kid was not only interested in motor bikes but often participated in the race, anonymously. That involves yet another sleepless night for poor Wahaj.

"Okay. I'll be in the cabin until security arrangements are made. Do I have anything else on my schedule?" He asked me while his eyes were glued to the light scratch on his wrist. I would have wondered where or rather who did that to him but then wondering things that has nothing to do with me might cost me my job.

"Nothing formal, sir. But your father had tried calling twice on your personal device." I answered him. He sighed heavily and nodded his head.

"Keep the phone with you. If he calls again, connect me. No need to call him back." He informed me as he resumed his seat behind the desk.

"As you wish, sir." I nodded at him before exiting his cabin and into the rather smaller one on the opposite to the CEO's cabin.

I had been assisting the crowned prince of Jaipur, Adyansh Singh Rathore for the past fourteen months. With a vigorous amount of work and responsibilities came a great pay and rewarding facilities. I am being paid in six digits every month, my insurance covers a lot more than I could ask for and I get to stay in a luxurious two bedroom apartment near the palace.

My life is all rainbows and unicorns at the moment. A supporting pair of parents, a sister who is my best friend, a job that pays well, a boss who respects me and treats me like a real human being- I have it all. On top of everything, I am getting married in fifteen days!

I look down at the shiny gold ring that winked at me, reflecting all the light it could gather. A slow smile crept on my face. I remember Aman proposing me an year back. It was nothing fancy. He seek for my father's permission one night and the next day, he was on his knees.

I couldn't wait to become Mrs. Vaani Iyer. I suppressed the urge to squeal when my phone lit up, displaying a pouty Aman's picture.

"Hey!" I spoke with a glee in my voice. "I was just thinking about you!"

"For real? Seams like I'll be blessed with long life, no?" He let out a husky laugh at the other end of the line. I bit my lower lip, wishing to be at home, in his arms.

"I miss you." I spoke into the phone. It had been too long since I last saw him in person.

Two months back, I bought a flat near my sister, Navya. I and Aman had decided to move near my sister once we get married, so that he feels secure about my safety when he leaves for his business trips.

I invested in buying the property on our name while Aman was investing in the interiors. And mind you, the interiors are getting costly these days.

I heard Aman inhaling deeply before he muttered, "It's been forever since I last saw you. Of course, I am not talking about video calls, silly." I giggled softly as I assessed my nails.

"Fifteen days." He muttered. "I can't fucking wait to have you in Portblair for our honeymoon."

Before I could reply, I heard Wahaj calling my name. "I'll call you later, Aman. Take care." I hung up, not giving him a chance to reply. Getting on my toes, I walked towards my boss's cabin. Knocking twice, I entered.

"The cars are ready, sir."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Will be waiting for your reviews!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 7.8K 28
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to......." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos...
4M 139K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
951K 73K 77
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
59.4K 3.4K 35
Book 1 of sparkle series✨ Ruhika Rajvansh (25) :- CEO of Rajvansh Cooperation(worlds largest company and spread in all fields like Hospital, hotels,m...