Head in the clouds

Από EmelySwift

Morgan Branning is taking the world by storm. 2 years into her public career and she's hitting targets peopl... Περισσότερα

Character Aesthetics
One - Morgan
Two - Theo
Three - Morgan
Four - Theo
Five- Morgan
Six - Theo
Seven- Morgan
Eight - Theo
Nine - Morgan
Ten- Theo
Eleven - Morgan
Twelve- Theo
Thirteen- Morgan
Fourteen- Theo
Fifteen- Morgan
Sixteen - Theo
Seventeen - Morgan
Eighteen - Theo
Nineteen- Morgan
Twenty - Theo
Twenty One- Morgan
Twenty Two - Theo
Twenty Three- Morgan
Twenty Four - Theo
Twenty Five- Morgan
Twenty Six - Theo
Twenty Seven- Morgan
Twenty Eight - Theo
Twenty Nine - Morgan
Thirty - Theo
Thirty One - Morgan
Thirty Two - Theo
Thirty Three- Morgan
Thirty Four - Theo
Thirty Five - Morgan
Thirty Six - Theo
Thirty Seven - Morgan
Thirty Eight- Theo
Thirty Nine - Morgan
Forty - Theo
Forty One - Morgan
Forty Two- Theo

Forty Three- Morgan

94 6 4
Από EmelySwift

I feel like this tour has been going on forever. Every time we neared the end, demand got a little higher and we added more dates and a break and then more dates and it just kept going on. But this was it. 13 months after we started. I'd had a solid 4 months off in that time thankfully but 13 months I'd been living out of suitcases in hotel rooms and beds that weren't mine and now I was so tired and homesick and I still had a long ass flight from LA to get home to my own bed right after the show.

I was so fucking thankful for this job and the support I had whilst I've been doing it. Having everyone take turns to come see me had honestly kept me going but I was so ready for the next year off. After working so hard, it was decided I needed an intense break. No last minute plans to change it. My management team had actually written a contract, refusing to allow me to come back until next year. I laughed about it but honestly, I know if they hadn't done that, I'd be back in the studio next month.

Theo was seriously concerned I was over working myself. He hated it when I'd added even more dates, it causing a huge argument when he himself was at the other end of the world in the middle of his tour. It lasted 3 days. None stop ranting through texts since we couldn't exactly shout at each other without fucking our voices up. It got a little passive aggressive after but we got through it.

I looked around from the middle of the stage, my exit down below the stage under my feet. No matter how long I did this, how many times I climbed on the stage, danced around it, no matter how many albums or awards or streams, nothing made it more real than this. The last night of tour held a special place in my heart for the way it shocked me so much more than every other night.

Staring out at a fully booked SoFi Stadium on the last night of my third tour. Whatever I was doing, it was working. Unlike the last time I was stood like this, taking it all in, I knew now just how much I deserved all of this. I worked so damn hard to get here, to put the work in to get myself where I wanted to be. For me and no one else. And this tour, I feel like I'd finally made it. Whatever 'it' was supposed to be. I'd made it. I was there. I was living my dream life. So much for that unattainable dream huh?

I waved out at the stadium, the stage slowly lowering me down and out of sight. I pulled my earpieces out, starting to untangle the wires from around my back. The quicker I could get out of here tonight and home, the better. Walking with my back arched under the stage had been a pain and I'd be making sure the next tour did not have a centre stage entrance or exit. Not making that mistake again.

I smiled, standing up straight and handing the electrical stuff off to the right people, thanking them and downing the water bottle waiting for me as I headed back to the dressing room. Change into comfortable clothes, drive to LAX, jump on that private jet, stay awake on the plane, land back in Heathrow, taxi to the flat in London, sleep, wake up at the latest of 10am, drive to Bournemouth for the surprise welcome home party I know they're all trying their best to hide from me. That's why none of them could make closing night for the first time ever. It didn't bother me really. It was just work for me. I'd see them all in less than 24 hours anyway and I was getting emotional thinking about it which poses well for me seeing them doesn't it?

I changed, pulling my bag over my shoulder, the rest of my stuff had already been sorted and I wouldn't see it again until I was helping load it into a rental car back home. I just wanted to shut off now. I hit dial on Theo's face time like I did ever night. We were early tonight. The stadium needed things packed up and out of there before the morning so we had to have the show start 2 hours earlier than we had all of tour. It wasn't a problem really. It did mean it was still bright out thankfully.

"Hey baby!"

"Hi." I sunk into the car seat. "I'm so tired." Theo pouted. "Where are you? It's like 5am. You're normally in bed."

"Never you mind nosy." Party stuff then. I sighed, not having the energy to argue about it.

"The sunrise looks pretty in your eyes." I laid my head against the window, staring at how golden he looked right now, completely mesmerized.

"You think?" I nodded and he smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"When's your flight?"

"Hopefully as soon as I get there. I should be back home before midnight UK time if we can get off straight away which would be perfect. I'm going to try stay up the whole flight so I can get back on the right time." He nodded.

"Sounds good baby. Are you hungry?"

"Starving." He smiled. "What?"

"Nothing."

"Obviously something Theo. Please. I'm home sick, I'm tired, I miss you way too much."

"Morgan." I sighed. "Breathe for me baby." I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "I'll see you before you know it princess. Rest right now okay? I'll speak to you as soon as I can. Nap. Relax. You've got a drive right?" I nodded. "Exactly. Have a little nap beautiful. 20 minutes or so will do you some good."

"Okay."

"Good. I'll see you super soon."

"Super soon." He blew a kiss and I hung up, trying to do as he said. Closing my eyes in the back of the car. Time seemed to fast forward so I must have fallen asleep, because before I knew it the car had pulled to a stop and I was sitting up feeling a little better. I hate how he always knows what I need. He's more in my head than I am even from a million miles away. The door pulled open and I sighed, scooting across the back and climbing out. "Wait." I looked around quickly, sunset burning my eyes and I was regretting not wearing my sunglasses. "No, I needed the airport." I knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep. The driver shrugged, walking around the front of the car and climbing in and driving off.

"Miss Branning?" I turned around, completely confused as to how I'd now ended up stranded in LA. What a fucking nightmare. "This way." The tall man gestured to a long line of fabric laid on the floor and I crossed my arms.

"You're a total stranger and I've just been abandoned in the middle of nowhere. I am not going anywhere." He chuckled, holding out a piece of paper for me.

Do as your told princess.
~T

I would recognise Theo's handwriting anywhere. I scowled, rolling my eyes at the man and following the path. I was going to kill him. If Theo was behind me missing my flight home and delaying me sleeping, I would actually kill the man.

It led down some stairs onto the beach and I don't think I've ever been more grateful for my decision to wear a dress and slide on pumps to travel home in. I took my shoes off, grumbling to myself for the millionth time. You know what? I might just kill him for the sake of it. I knew this beach. This is where he took me on the last night I was in LA with him. Where he told me to take a step back and look back to see how far you've come since you were last here. So, I sighed and lifted my head from my feet in the sand, relaxing instantly at the view before me.

"A malibu sunset." He smiled. No Morgan. You're pissed at him. Don't smile. I crossed my arms and he chuckled, holding a hand out for me from where he stood a few feet away. "Nice dress."

"Thanks." I walked forwards slowly, grabbing his hand and letting him pull me down the beach. "You're supposed to be home." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, music suddenly starting quietly somewhere. I turned my head, looking for the source but he laughed, turning my head back to him. "What are you up to Wright?"

"Nothing I shouldn't be I swear."

"Hmm. I don't believe you."

"Did you nap in the car?"

"A little."

"Good. I've got you some food to eat before we go home. I wanted to talk to you first though."

"About what?"

"It's your last moment in LA. What did I tell you about coming here?"

"To look back."

"So, let's do that." He smiled. "Last time I was here was just before I came home from tour after I kissed you in the club. I sat right here and believe it or not I cried."

"You did not."

"I did." He nodded quickly. "Only a little, but I cried. Got myself all worked up over not having spoken to you in so long. I think it had been like 7 months at that point and I just wanted to fuck off the rest of tour and come home to you. The time before that I was sat here with you. I was thinking whilst you were sat quietly about how shit that year had been and everything and I realized why I felt better around you. You gave me this sense of hope that eventually I'd have a chance at someone else. After Veronica. That I'd find someone I loved and that I wanted to be with and that it wasn't over for me like I was thinking it was. Even though we were just friends Morgan, and I had no intention of doing anything else, spending time with you reminded me how much I loved dating and getting to know people and falling in love. And now I'm here 2 trips later with you again 2 years to the date that we were sat here watching that sunrise."

"Has it really been 2 years to date?" He nodded. "God that went so quick."

"Really quick. But slow at the same time right? We've spent an awful lot of that time away from each other." I sighed. "But that's us. That's our jobs and we love it and I wouldn't change it for a second Morgan. I wouldn't change flying out to see you just for a few hours before I have to go again. I wouldn't change our arguing or the phone sex or watching your life through pictures and your stories when I see you again. Because I know you're living your dream and watching you do that fills me with so much love and pride I can't even put it into words." He sniffed and I smiled, leaning up and wiping the tears from his eyes whilst he swayed us slowly. "I am crazy about you Morgan. I can't do life without you anymore. I want you here by my side forever, I want to spend the rest of our lives with our heads in the clouds, daydreaming about things that shouldn't be possible but are. You've owned my heart before I even met you and I know I've told you that before, that you had me wrapped around your finger and I don't know how life managed to pull us together but it did and I'm not stupid enough to let this go." He let out a quick breath, stopping us moving and taking the smallest step back, getting down on one knee.

"What are you doing?"

"Morgan-"

"No no no no no. What are you do- oh my god." He chuckled, pulling a box out of his pocket and I covered my mouth, struggling to breathe. Theo opened the box and grabbed my left hand holding it tightly.

"Morgan. As a songwriter, we always seem to know how to put emotions into words but when I was thinking about this I just couldn't because the thought of actually doing this makes me feel so many things and they're all jumbled up but I've been wanting to do this for so long and now's the right time. I love you Morgan. More than I think you will ever be able to comprehend. Will you marry me Morgan?" I got down to my knees, grabbing his face tightly, doing my best to see him through teary eyes.

"Yes." I could only manage a whisper. "Yes, I'll marry you Theo." He sighed, smiling as he leaned into me, letting me pull his lips to mine for a million little kisses, arm wrapping around my back, pulling me closer in the sand. "I love you." 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Soaring Από Emely Swift

Ρομαντική

2K 98 28
Madi is a 29 year old animal conservationist with too many air miles to count. Flying between Vancouver and Auckland on a regular basis has made it a...
Before Από Madalynne Ingle

Ρομαντική

239 21 12
Have you ever thought about death? How you will die, what comes after when your heart stops beating? Personally, I've never given it much thought. Un...
My Only Mistake Από Bonolo_Molemane

Εφηβική Φαντασία

7.2K 410 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...
Shared Demons Από zarglorixious

Μυστήριο / Τρόμου/ Θρίλερ

688 91 39
Keegan is stubborn, hard-headed, fierce and fearless. All the reasons why Theo loves her. But when a shared trauma between them forces the two apart...