Star

By crazyArtisticgirl2

Book-2: Connection Series. This could be read as a standalone but I recommend reading the first book, fortune... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 23

13 2 5
By crazyArtisticgirl2

                     [ Opia] (n.); Ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable.

Last night, I stay at Guru Ji's house along with Disha who told her parents, Mohid Chacha and Seher Chachi that we will be living in a hotel for a night.

They allowed her because they know if I am at the house with Nina. Another fight will happen and that could be nastier than before.

" When you woke up?" Disha asked in a sleeping tone.

" I didn't sleep," I answered back looking at the ceiling.

" Don't think about Haniya's words about the future which we prevented," She advised avoiding the possible death of Amma. The thought made me shiver in fear.

" I'm not thinking about that but Amma and Papa's reaction to me when I come home," I confessed remembering their face.

" The look they gave... It was the first time, Disha. The disappointment and anger, I can't handle it," My voices thicken thinking as I talked.

" It's my fault for telling Nina, she is a sociopath knowing well Amma and Papa would have never told her that... She used that against me last night pretending to be in the episode, " I continue to talk while Disha listens to me quietly because it could be the first time I am sharing my feeling with her.

" She committed suicide twice after arguments with me. That did cause my relationship with Amma and Papa to change," I started to cry thinking about those memories where I felt immense guilt.

" That was when I pointed out that Amma and Papa gave their most attention to Nina. Being more gentle with her, listening to her and understanding her better. Even though the situation included me then they could have used a different approach," I ended up sobbing loud as I wasn't able to talk while Disha comforted me with a hug and patted me.

" She always has their attention, Disha. I craved it as a child but now I understood why she had it a lot. Which is understandable but Nina hasn't grown from it. Her personality is still childish and full of herself and which Amma and Papa denied to see," I spoke up again looking at Disha.

" Did you ever notice that?" I asked her

" To be honest, Mom and Dad behave the same way with Hoor. They are super chill with her in a situation that I would have been scolded at. It's just last-child privilege, Asha," She answered.

" I was a child as well. She and I have only one year difference yet we were treated with a different approach," I whined.

" Amma and Papa are good parents but Nina always had them around her fingers," I said.

" Last night was the last straw for me, Disha. I can't stand her now," I announced.

" I agree with you last night, she went overboard. I never thought she could have done that. Halona talked to Eve, Nina wanted to hurt you badly for siding with Geeta," She revealed making me sigh.

" I am not siding with Geeta. There aren't any sides here," I groaned as I rubbed my face.

The sound of my stomach growling from me realise I didn't eat properly last night and I badly need food.

" Let's change and eat something," Disha declared to which I agreed.

When Disha and I walked down the stairs, a young girl quickly come to us. Leading the way to the dining room where Geeta, Sita and Maya are already having breakfast.

" Good morning, " They greeted at once.

" Good morning, " Disha and I greeted back one by one.

I didn't waste any time and started to eat fresh fruit salad. Food always made me quiet which usually isn't my trail.

" How are you feeling, Asha?" Geeta asked in concern.

" I am feeling a lot better from last night," I answered honestly.

" Geeta, when is Krish coming? We don't have much time," Disha asked with a serious expression.

" His plane will land in the evening. I already told him about being a werewolf in the call," She muttered.

" How did he take that?" I asked.

" He didn't believe at first and thought we were using filters but after promising he believed," Maya answered and asked.

" So tonight, Sita, bhai and I will be shifting right?"

" That's the plan but if you want to postpone that okay," Disha muttered while I continue to eat.

" No, I am excited about it," Maya responded.

" What is it like though?" Sita asked looking at Disha and me.

" The bite will be painful and when you two going to transformation... It will be worse," I explained looking at the fearful look on Sita and Maya.

" But it won't last long," Geeta quickly said in a relaxing tone. Then we all were quiet as we had our breakfast.

After eating our breakfast, we walked around the mansion. The mansion is divided into two separate parts, one where Guru Ji does his sessions on preaching and the other where he and other staffers live.

I could hear Guru Ji's lecture coming from the opposite section. He is explaining the negative emotions of humans and how they can drastically affect human life. The sound of the ringtone from Disha's phone made me eager to know the situation at the house. She walked away from us until I couldn't hear her.

" Asha, " Geeta called out.

" Yeah," I turn to see her face which was filled with nervousness.

" I am sorry. I wanted to apologize since last night...," I interrupted Geeta asking,
" Why are you apologizing?"

" I am the reason why Nina and you fought. I should have done something else than contacting you...," I cut in her explanation saying,
" You are not the reason. To be honest, Nina and I never really got along,"

" Asha," Disha calls out my name as she walks to me.

" Rohan and Roshini are on their way so we can interrogate Jayden and Lucy. And after an hour Luv and Khush are coming to pick us up," I nodded at Disha's words and started to think about Amma and Papa.

How will they behave with me? Will they give the silent treatment? What happened after I left the house?

" Do you really have to interrogate them? Can't Abraham or his men do that on behalf of you?" Geeta questions.

" I have to see their memories. It's easier than interrogating them with questions," I explained making Geeta and her sisters look at each other in strange expressions.

" Don't werewolves have one power?" Sita asked at the same time as Maya asked,
" Doesn't the power relates to natural elements?"

" For royals, we have five powers that relate us to our personality. Common sunshinners have only one power. But only moonlighter royals have only power," Disha answered.

" What are your powers?" Maya asked in fascination.

After telling everyone's power to Geeta, Sita and Maya. A young boy in white salwar kameez came up to us informing Rohan and Roshini have arrive. And they are with Guru Ji who is taking them to Jayden and Lucy.

He led Disha and me to the basement where Guru Ji, Rohan and Roshini were waiting for us outside the door.

" How are you feeling, Asha?" Rohan asked.

" I am totally fine," I answered and hold his hand knowing well he is shy to initiate it.

" Let's go inside," Guru Ji declared as he open the door.

Jayden and Lucy were tied up with ropes that have leaves and silver rings.

" That's wolfbane, " Astra informed me.

I walked to them with a victory smile which annoyed them and tried to break from the ropes.

" Torture me as much you can. I won't say anything, " Jayden snarled at me with disgust.

Rohan punched him making me to be surprised with his speed as it was unexpectedly quick for a human to comprehend.

" You don't have to say a word. I will look through your memory," I announced looking straight at Jayden's eye which is the doorway to his mind. Pushing invisible barriers that Jayden put and finally, I saw a glimpse of his memory.

Running through the forest, Jayden calls out to his parents who smiled at him as he brought strawberries.
" Mummy, a guard of the pack gave me this and called me, rogue buddy. What's a rogue?" Jayden asked.
" Werewolves live in a pack but some don't want to live so they choose to live in the forest away from packs. We are rogues because we don't live with pack and live wildly like our wolves," Jayden's mother explains in a kind tone smiling at him.

I don't need to see these memories. It's a lovely and innocent memory of Jayden which I have no right to look at. Rewinding fast on his memories is like pressing the button of a remote.

After a week of getting his wolf, Jayden and his parents goes for a tour of their wolf's form. They stop outside a pack territory but the patrol guards weren't kind. They quickly captured Jayden and his parents. When the Alpha arrived, Jayden's parents explain their side of the story but Alpha laugh in mockery. He said no words and sliced their neck while Jayden stood in horror.

When Alpha looked at Jayden that was the moment Jayden realise the Alpha have no plan on killing him. He was right, Alpha took him as a slave. For a month, Jayden was taught to behave like a slave and then was allowed to live in a pack house. That's where he met Lucy who was the second child of the Alpha.

Expecting Lucy to reject him but she ignored him. At night, when Jayden went for a run, Lucy came to meet him and begged him not to reject her. After a talk, they both decided to elope and will live in a small town like a human couple.

So they hid their relationship from the pack members and tried to find a way to escape without notice. But Lucy's brother caught them kissing which made Jayden to be humiliated publically.

Being in the pack cell for days, Lucy meets him and introduces Derek. Who helped Jayden escaped and lived under Gamma Samuel's care.

Gamma Samuel trained Jayden to be a fighter and slowly they both bonded over the family's death and thirst for revenge. So after Unknown killed Lucy's pack, Jayden and Lucy lived with Samuel along with Ace and Sebastian. After a year of being an Unknown pack member, Samuel gave his title to Jayden which Ace and Sebastian didn't agree on at first.

Yet, Jayden didn't have Ace and Sebastian's trust for years. Which didn't bother Jayden and continued to work as Gamma. As per the plan, he was working with Royal Dukes on their illegal business. Unexpectedly, Ace called him and assign him to find information on Nina. But after the war, the Royal Duke Joseph of High Land called him offering a huge amount of money to kill my pack and family.

Blinking my eyes back to the present I realise the look Edward's stepfather gave that night. It was the look of murder. He is planning to kill my family along with other Dukes and Duchesses.

" You are a double standard vile woman," Jayden snapped trying to throw his body towards me. Quickly, Rohan punched him in the face and stomach until Jayden fall unconscious while Lucy cried out loud.

" It's your turn, Lucy," I said I hold her jaws as she was shaking heavily.

Being a middle child, Lucy didn't get much attention until she gets in trouble. So she caused trouble causing almost everyone in the pack house to be annoyed with her. That gave her a reputation where she was an outcast having no friends. Holding the hope of a mate, the one who will love her and give her full of his attention. So when she met Jayden, she was scared that he will reject her for her father's actions.

The day Jayden was punished, seeing her pack laughing at his pain. Lucy swears for revenge and started to meet the criminal people of the pack. That's how she met Derek who promise her revenge and a happy life with Jayden. Ever since then she supported Jayden and did everything for him.

Fluttering my eyes hard this time as the second round was exhausting for me. I look to see Jayden is awake and his face is wet.

" Jayden, why are you willing to work for Duke Joseph when he has the hand on killing Samuel's death?" My question was a shock to Jayden as according to his memories he wasn't given the full story of the war and aftermath.

" Samuel died in the war," He muttered in rage.

" No, he survived the war and was taken into royal custody where Duke Joseph was charged. You already know the history between them. So do you think Samuel's mysterious death had nothing to do with Duke Joseph?" I asked and reveal my aura to show my honesty.

" She killed Alpha Ace. How can you kill your mate when he tried to protect you from the royals?" Jayden ignored my question and shouted at Disha who was looking vulnerable.

" Ace and I decided to kill each other. It was the only way we could have stayed together forever," She whisper reliving the memory as she still haven't moved on him.

" They choose to save you while ignoring Alpha Ace's life. You want to protect this kind of double standard people," Lucy muttered.

" I choose to protect those who want peace and can't protect themselves. The ones you never cared about," Disha growls at her making Lucy pale in fear at once.

" Let's go, Asha got all the information we need," Disha announced leaving the room like a Queen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 190 24
"My life was perfectly fine. surrounded by peace and love. until I walked in my dead granny's room. my eyes stopped on her journal. I grasped it and...
2.9K 230 30
*Book 2 of the Colorado Ink series* ✅ COMPLETED Try as they might, one can never really hide from their past. One way or another it will catch up to...
24.6K 666 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
715K 18.4K 37
**Completed ** **Book 1 in a series involving the same group of friends** **strong sexual content** **some chapters may be triggering or hard to read...