My Past Summer Fling; Is Now...

By xoxPerfectSinsxox

Krysta Kingsley is all alone with only her sister and her friends left after the heartbreaking loss of her fa... More

My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~1~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~2~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~3~
My Past Summer Fling ; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~4~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~5~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~6~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~7~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~8~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~9~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~10~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~11~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~12~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~14~
My Past Summer Fling;Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~15~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~16~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~17.1~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~17.2~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~18~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~19~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~20~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~21~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~22~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~23~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~24~
My Past Summer Fling; Is My Screwed Up Reality ~25~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~26~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~27~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~28~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~29~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~30~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now my Screwed Up Reality ~31~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~32~
My Past Summer Flinf; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~33~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~34~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~35~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~36~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~37.1~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~37.2~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~38.1~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~38.2~
MY Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~39~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~40~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~41~
My Past Summer Fling: Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~42~
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~43~
My Past Summer Fling ; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~44~ Final Chapter!
My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~Epilogue~

My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~13~

435 3 2
By xoxPerfectSinsxox

For most people sunday is a lazy day, but for me saturday is. All I had accomplished today was eating, laying around, and more eating. In case you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE to eat. Every type of food apeals to me and makes me happy, sounds unhealthy but hey its good for the soul. But not all the food in the world could keep me from thinking about the contents of my day on thursday, I shudder at the thought of him being so old and me being so young, even more so at the fact that he pretended not to know me. What's worse is when I manage to push away that thought, the rememberance of those people following me around last night takes over and gives me an uneasy feeling.

Nina rushed into my room, I snapped my head to her from my position on the couch. Her face was pale and she looked shakey.

"Nina what's wrong?!" I yelled.

"I really really need you to go pick up some- oh god..."

She ran into my bathroom (without closing the door) and started throwing up. I cringed at the sound of her wretching and gurgling.I hated hearing people puke, especially the sound of it hitting the water in the toilet, or the ground if they didn't make it to a bathroom. My hands flew to my ears, my fingers plugging them to block out the sickening sound. I began humming a tune to echoe in my head, making sure absolutely no outside noises could be heard. When she emerged from my bathroom I relaxed and unplugged my ears.

"I need pepto a.s.a.p, and while you're there stock up on groceries. We're almost out of food"

With a quick nod I shooed her out of my room, not willing to risk the chance of her getting sick again. At least if she did it in her room I wouldn't be able to hear it. She dragged her feet out of my room miserably and I shut the door behind her. Well there goes my lazy day.

Not feeling up to doing the routine I do for school, I pulled my hair up into a high pony tail and threw on a pair of beige shorts, along with a white hoodie and matching converse. I picked up my blackberry and tossed it in my bag before hoisting it over my shoulder and starting to the kitchen. I found Nina's credit card waiting for me on the table, I quickly scanned the fridge, freezer and pantry to see what we needed, then headed out the door to Nina's car. The ride was short to Sam's Club, unfortunately the parking lot was packed, it took fifteen minutes alone to find a parking space.

As soon as I acquired a basket at the front of the store, I went to the deli to pick up all the lunch meat for sandwiches. Then onto the produce for fruit and fresh veggies, I picked up a few health drinks for Nina. For some odd reason she loves V8 and Naked. Next I got the bread and bagels, I moved on to the fish stocking up on tilapia, tempora shrimp and cocktail shrimp. YUM! Next on the list was steak, chicken, ground turkey meat, italian sausage, bacon and all that jazz. After getting all of the neccesary meals and snacks I traveled to the medicine aisle.

While skimming the shelves for Pepto and other pain pills, I got the feeling I was being watched. Slyly searching my surroundings I caught a man staring intently at me, I gave him a disturbed look and returned my attention to the medicine. Only the feeling didn't pass, I darted my eyes back over to the man to see him continuiing to stare, except now he was talking to some raven haired woman with her back to me. I frowned at him. What the hell was his problem. I shook my head and looked back to the shelf alas finding the pepto bismol and tossing it into the cart, along with some extra strenght advil.

Looking back up to where the creepy man was, I noticed the woman was turned around and walking toward me, I could now see she was asian. As she drew in closer familiarity played in my mind, had I seen her somewhere before? She came face to face with me, a hard look on her face before she plastered on a friendly smile.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

I stared at her blankly for a moment, trying to recollect if I in fact had known her from somewhere.

"Um, I don't know" I finally answered, giving a small smile.

"You look so familiar to me" She scrunched up her face thinking hard.

She snapped her fingers.

"Were you by any chance in sydney a few months ago?"

As soon as the words left her lips realization dawned on me. She was the asian woman who took our orders at Yukis at the Quay, she was the one Vascoe...er Mr.Kelly..er got all stoned faced with. At that moment I felt skeptical of her presence, why the hell was she here? In connetticut?? Out of impulse I glanced over in the direction of the man and saw a stalky man with him. Both of them stared at our exchange,why didn't these men look familiar to me? An uneasy feeling took over and I didn't trust the situation, I refocused my attention on the asian woman.

I shook my head forcing a smile.

"No,sorry I think you have the wrong person. Listen I have to get these groceries home, but it was nice talking to you"

I began retreating down the aisle with my basket, a hand caught my arm and I stiffened with half the mind to sucker punch this woman. I held it back and turned around, seeing the woman holding my arm.

"You dropped your credit card" she held up Nina's gold card.

I smiled politely and took it from her hands, pulling my arm from her grasp.

"Thank you"

"No problem" I heard her say as I made my way to the check out line. I walked passed the two men and loaded my stuff on to the conveyer belt, feeling eyes burning holes in my back. Finally after bagging and paying for the food, I left the store and loaded up the car. Even in the comfort of Nina's car something didn't sit right in my gut, something was up I just didn't know what. To be on the safe side I took the long way home.

Times when we had groceries, I hated Nina for moving into a condo at the BACK of the complex. I lugged as many bags as I could to the door, set them down and fiddled with the keys and the lock. An arm flashed in my periphial vision coming at me, out of relex I turned my body quickly and launched a hammerfist into someones face. The person groaned in pain, when I spun around with the intention of kicking ass I saw Garey cupping his mouth. My eyes bugged and I gasped.

"Oh my god Garey! are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

"I know now never to sneak up on you again" He cracked wincing.

Guilt fell upon me, he pulled his hands away revealing a busted lip with blood trickling down his chin. He put his hands back over his mouth, I turned to the door and hurriedly unlocked it, pulling him inside to the love seat. I forced him to sit down.

"Stay right here, I'm going to run and bring the other groceries in really quick okay" I rushed out of the condo, sprinting to the car and finished unloading it. I nearly stumbled over the groceries I left by the door, when I got all of the bags inside and onto the counters, I sped upstairs to get the disinfectant, neosporin, and a hand towel.

I tended to Garey as soon as I made it back downstairs, taking a seat next to him. I perched myself up onto my knees and faced him, ordered him to move his hands and gently wiped the blood off of his face. I squirted disinfectant on the towel and scrunched it up on the tip of my index finger.

"Brace yourself, its going to sting" I warned him.

"Wait, what is it?" he asked wide eyed.

"Its just disinfectant"

He scooted away.

"Oh no, Krys I hate pain"

"Come on Garey,it will only sting for a second" I soothed scooting closer.

"No, its fine it was only your fist it won't get infected" He scooted back further.

I followed.

"Your teeth made it bleed so it could get infected, stop being a baby"

"No Krys I'm fine" He protested scooting all the way to the other end of the love seat.

"I'm not letting it get infected!" I scrambled to the end of the loveseat and stradled him to restrain him.

"No!"

I ignored his pleas and held his face still with one hand, bringing the disinfectant covered towel to his busted lip. He squeezed his eyes shut and I began dabbing his wounded lip gently. He hissed in pain and flinched away, I gave him an apologetic look and continued. After all the blood was gone from his lip I stopped and reached for the neosporin.

"This is the longest second of my life" He grumbled.

"Does it still burn?"

"Yes"

I leaned down and blew softly on his lip.

"Better now?" I asked.

His eyes scanned my face and he nodded slowly. I squeezed a drop of neosporin on my pinky and smoothed it on his cut.

"Okay all done" I breathed.

"Thanks"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace. He hesitated but hugged me back.

"I am so sorry for hitting you,I promise it won't ever happen again. I won't just blindly throw punches anymore" I apologized again.

He chuckled.

"Its okay, I shouldn't have snuck up on you. I forgive you"

I sighed into his shoulder and pulled away.

"Why did you come over anyways?"

"Oh, I just rented a few movies and wanted to see if you wanted to borrow them before I took them back. I called but you didn't answer" He shrugged.

I pursed my lips.

"Well since I caused you bodily harm, why don't you stay and watch the movies with me, I'll make tacos" I proposed smiling.

He grinned.

"Okay sounds good"

"Awesome, but first I have to put away these groceries and get Nina her pepto before she pukes up a lung" I grimaced and climbed off of him, walking into the kitchen.

"I'll help you"

"You're too kind, by the way how many movies did you rent?" I asked unloading the first bag.

He smiled sheepishly, opening the fridge.

"Um, four"

I stared at him and laughed.

"I guess its a movie marathon then" 

***********

My eyes drifted open slowly revealing a dark room with only light from the t.v. I tried shifting positions turning on my side, but something was restricting me. A weight was at my upper body, I began to panic and opened my eyes wider to see what was on me. I looked down and saw two arms encased around me, I followed them up to my neck and twisted my head around. I relaxed seeing Garey's sleeping face illuminated by the screen of the t.v. I smiled at how peaceful he looked, I glanced at the digital clock on the cable box. 9:56. We must have fallen asleep during the last movie, I looked back up at Garey really not wanting to wake him up. It was cute seeing him sleep.

Slowly and carefully I peeled his arms from around me, he stirred a bit making me freeze but adjusted himself on his side. I stood straight up and smiled down at him once more, I looked around the room and saw our taco plates I picked them up and carried them dowstairs. With nothing better to do, I washed up the plates and put away the remaining tacos. When I got back up to my room I grabbed my scooby doo pj's and slipped into the bathroom to change. I went back to the den to check on Garey after I finished to see he was still sound asleep.

He was the sweetest thing, and the best friend anyone could ever have, I can't imagine life without him. Something lit up on the table in front of the couch, it was Garey's cell. I bent down to see the screen,it read new text from Riley. I didn't really want to check his cell but maybe he wouldn't mind, besides it was only Riley, not like it was someone I didn't know. He could be looking for him,I reached down and picked it up opening the text.

Gares don't worry I didn't say anything and I won't. I'm going to let you tell her.

Tell who what? Some girl he met? Curiousity got the best of me and I scrolled backwards to the previous message.

What happened with you and Krys when I left?

I frowned. What kind of question is that? Something isn't adding up. Being fully nosy I went to sent messages and scrolled down until I came to the most recent message.

We talked and she was acting sort of strange. Did you tell her? Don't lie.

My face scrunched up. What was Garey not telling me? What did Riley want Garey to tell me on his own? What is going on?! I started to shake him but stopped, I just snooped through his messages, its not like I can just ask him what he had to tell me without him knowing. I inhaled deeply and placed his cell back on the table. I guess I just have to forget what I saw, I looked at him once more. Then spread the blanket hanging on the back of the couch over his body, kneeled down and pecked him on the cheek. Flicking off the t.v. I trodded over to my bed and slipped under the warm blankets, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

*******************************************************

What is Garey hiding? What is with the asian chick and the wierd guys? Who knows! This chapter was a bit fillerish but its part of the rising action so the plot builds and makes a huge splash...hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading. Rate,comment, message, and banner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.9K 14
Life isn't easy in the projects , its the hardest place to survive at. of course you got hoes and they moms and the thugs loaded up with guns and dru...
154 1 18
Alyssa Winters thinks she has it all. Fortunate enough to attend university, a perfect boyfriend, good friends and a good future ahead. Once she's in...
9.5K 86 18
In search of a new life and a sense of self, Valerie Andrews leaves Toronto to spend her summer in Melbourne, Australia, where she meets Jai Brooks...
15.2K 424 35
Ashton Beckingham misses her pain in the butt 4 year old brother. Suddenly, she gets shipped to a boarding school off the coast of Hawaii. Ashton and...