Ambition and Destiny

By purple-butterfly2002

Ambition is the fire that burns within us, propelling us forward even when we stumble and fall into the abyss... More

My Characters#1#
πŸ‘‘ Chapter one πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ chapter two πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Three πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter four. πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Five πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Six πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Seven πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Eighth πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ chapter nine. πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Ten πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter eleven πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter thirteen πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Fourteen πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter fifteen πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘chapter SixteenπŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Seventeen πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘Chapter EighteenπŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter nineteen πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘Chapter Twenty πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter twenty-one πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-two πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-Three πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-four πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-five πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘Chapter Twenty-sixπŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-seven πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-eightπŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twenty-nine πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter ThirtyπŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ Chapter Thirty-one πŸ‘‘

πŸ‘‘ Chapter Twelve πŸ‘‘

47 1 1
By purple-butterfly2002

Flora guided Annie towards the rear of the palace, where a delightful pavilion was located amid a picturesque garden. A lavishly decorated tea set was displayed on the kiosk's meticulously arranged table.

With great enthusiasm, Flora was eager to impart every single detail about tea-time etiquette, beginning with the correct way to curtsey and sit at the table and extending to the proper technique for sipping tea and utilising the tea set. Her dedication to ensuring that every aspect of the experience was properly understood was apparent in her meticulous instruction and thorough explanation of each step.

"The afternoon tea is referred to as 'high tea' because it sounds fancy to the upper class. As a result, it is also important to be mindful of your behaviour and attire. In addition, the king does not receive service from maids or servants; he prefers to drink his tea alone. Consequently, it is necessary to know how to properly pour your tea", Flora said, while Annie nodded silently.

Flora poured the tea at once and said, "You see, it is like this gently". She added," When you add sugar, don't throw it in like a rock into a lake, plus stir up and down, not in circles making a miss; however, your hand movements should be soft as a feather... Don't drink from your teaspoon. Take small sips quietly; avoid making that unpleasant sound."

Annie slurped Flora replayed, "Yes, that is it." The explanation had captivated her attention to such an extent that she didn't realise Annie had already finished her cup until it was too late.

" Miss!, this is unbelievable !"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the tea aroma, it is so delicious !"

"You have just interrupted the important point of how to hold the cup, right!"

⟪I can not take it anymore... This is too much to handle, Why the hell does the high class put unnecessary rules on sitting, eating, sleeping, and drinking too? Where is the part about enjoying the tea in peace? ... I released a sigh of annoyance and continued focusing on what she was saying although it sounded meaningless to me...Here we are now, moving to the part of putting the pinkie finger down ⟫

They spent so much time together that Annie believed it would last forever until a royal carriage came to take her. On her way, she reminded herself of the rules to avoid making any mistake she would regret later.

Sebastian, the butler, greeted her and escorted her through the grand entrance, guiding her down the ornate hallway towards her destination. The elegant surroundings, with opulent furnishings and priceless artworks adorning the walls. As they walked, Sebastian regaled her with tales of the estate's history and the many distinguished monarchs who had graced its halls over the years. Finally, they arrived at their destination. Sebastian bid her farewell with a gracious bow and a warm smile, leaving her in front of a big door.

Annie cautiously grasped the handle, her hands trembling slightly, and proceeded to gently push the door ajar. As she stepped inside, she was greeted by a mesmerising sight-a whole new world, bathed in vibrant shades of green. The air that welcomed her was invigorating, carrying with it the sweet scent of herbs. Brilliant beams of sunlight filtered through the transparent walls of the structure, casting a warm glow on every plant and flower. The architecture of the building boasted a magnificently high domed roof that seemed to touch the heavens.

⟪No word could aptly capture the profound sight that unfolded before my eyes; the air was permeated with the essence of rosemary, mint, basil, and a myriad of opulent fragrances, their origins eluding my perception.⟫

With grace and elegance, the king, Alexander, reclined against a pristine, ivory-hued garden chair, gracefully crossing his legs towards a lavishly adorned tea table. The warm rays of sunlight cast a gentle glow upon his half-face, giving him a majestic countenance.

Annie found herself irresistibly drawn to all the intricate aspects of the architectural masterpiece, inadvertently distracting herself from the regal presence of the king as she gazed at its exquisite beauty.

The king asked briefly," Are you going to keep standing there? "

Annie turned hesitantly and gazed in his direction with fearful eyes. For a minute, she kept staring at him, and then she realised she was in the presence of the king of the Kotobia. She then remembered the etiquette Flora had taught her and curtsied in reverence to greet him.

Annie tried to calm her shaking voice and said," Good afternoon, your majesty! "

He neither greeted her back nor commented; he simply offered her a seat. Annie was working hard to take in the whole situation while sitting with the most important man at the table.

⟪Soon, my anxiety transformed into a sense of bewilderment as I observed him sipping his tea with a relaxed expression as he was reading a book. I wondered if he had invited me to drink tea or if there was something else on his mind, as he didn't say anything.⟫

The king finally spoke," I did not invite you to watch me as If I were a performance of a play."

⟪I flinched; I did not know he would notice my staring; however, he seemed to me to be completely focused on the book... I had a lot of thoughts weighing on my mind, such as how to behave, when to speak, and what to say... I stretched out my hand in an attempt to grab the kettle, but the king had already beaten me .⟫

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕♡⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Back at the royal palace, Henrik was peacefully examining some reports and conclusions in his study when Felix suddenly appeared with the colour drained from his face, disturbing the serene environment.

Henrik set aside the paper he had been reading and shifted his focus towards his friend, Who closed the door firmly. It appeared that Felix had not come empty-handed, as he had brought along a medium-sized wooden box.

Felix did not utter a word, he just placed the box on Henrik's desk

⟪I don't know what's wrong with his expression as he saw a ghost... But the answer is inside the box⟫

As he delicately lifted the lid, a putrid smell wafted out and quickly permeated the surrounding atmosphere, so overpowering that he felt compelled to close the box firmly after he had taken a quick look.

He gradually lowered the lid, revealing his taut nerves and blue eyes filled with icy coldness and a merciless gaze.

" Who dared to do such a thing?", Henrik said

"Although I suspect the Temple is involved, no clear evidence has been found that prove that saying. The corpse is hidden in a safe place awaiting examination by Peter, and the investigation is expected to take some time.", Felix replayed.

" Well, keep me updated... " Then he started tapping on the desk and said, "What about what we discussed yesterday?"

" Last night, as the suspect was making his way out of the tavern, I apprehended him and arrested him...I put him in a secure place that even the king can't predict...As soon as I leave the palace, I will interrogate him"

All of a sudden, Felix remembered something he did not want to forget regarding Annie. He retrieved an envelope from his pocket and handed it to Henrik.

" I found this envelope inside the clothes he was wearing "

The envelope did not have any markings or indications of what was inside. Henrik examined it closely, hoping to find a name or some clue, but there was nothing. He hesitated, feeling that it would not be appropriate for him to open it since it belonged to Annie.

With a gentle tug, Henrik slid open the drawer of his wooden desk and placed the envelope inside. As the drawer closed with a soft click, Henrik took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair.

After a moment to gather his thoughts, he spoke: "Annie won't be able to bear the impact of the news...I should ~~ "

Before he was able to have the occasion to complete his words, he was interrupted by a familiar knock on the door.

"It's me, Sebastian my lord"

After they had hidden the box, Henrik let him come in. As Sebastian attempted to speak, he was met with an unpleased odour that filled the air, causing him to feel a sense of disgust and discomfort.

Sebastian exhaled, then talked," Lord Henrik, your attendance is requested in the conference room" .Then, he shifted his up-down gaze to Felix, and added, "Sir Felix, you had better not come to the palace directly after training ...excuse me, sirs "

After he had left, Felix commented with an annoyed face: "Goch! I did not have an idea that Sebastian is so mean...How dare he think that this disgusting smell is coming from me?"

Henrik quickly rose from his chair and hurried towards the door to leave, but before that, he asked Felix to carefully handle the box.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
14.2K 1.9K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...
237 150 45
Amity's life is approaching the tenth anniversary of her brother's death and her mother's disappearance. However, her pain intensifies when she begin...