Head in the clouds

By EmelySwift

Morgan Branning is taking the world by storm. 2 years into her public career and she's hitting targets peopl... More

Character Aesthetics
One - Morgan
Two - Theo
Three - Morgan
Four - Theo
Five- Morgan
Six - Theo
Seven- Morgan
Eight - Theo
Nine - Morgan
Eleven - Morgan
Twelve- Theo
Thirteen- Morgan
Fourteen- Theo
Fifteen- Morgan
Sixteen - Theo
Seventeen - Morgan
Eighteen - Theo
Nineteen- Morgan
Twenty - Theo
Twenty One- Morgan
Twenty Two - Theo
Twenty Three- Morgan
Twenty Four - Theo
Twenty Five- Morgan
Twenty Six - Theo
Twenty Seven- Morgan
Twenty Eight - Theo
Twenty Nine - Morgan
Thirty - Theo
Thirty One - Morgan
Thirty Two - Theo
Thirty Three- Morgan
Thirty Four - Theo
Thirty Five - Morgan
Thirty Six - Theo
Thirty Seven - Morgan
Thirty Eight- Theo
Thirty Nine - Morgan
Forty - Theo
Forty One - Morgan
Forty Two- Theo
Forty Three- Morgan

Ten- Theo

70 2 0
By EmelySwift

"Dude. Come on. The beach is right here. Why are we still walking down it? There's plenty of space." Fighting back my smile right now was going to be worth it as I lifted my head from my phone, looking around discreetly. Found them.

The smallest pink bikini. God, this is going to test my self-control so much more than I thought I'd ever need to. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I couldn't have her. I knew that. I knew the reasons. I agree with her reasons for not dating. I agree us being friends is for the best but it does not for a second mean she isn't hot as fuck. I text her, watching as her head turned, pulling her sunglasses down slightly and lush pink lips tugging up in a sly smile.

"Chill out man. You're on the beach. I'm looking for somewhere to sit." I pointed to the girls, "How about there?" Jasper looked at me, ghost white and scowled.

"You are joking? You have to be joking man. Come on. This is so stalkerish it's unreal. We had a one night stand, I can't then hang around with her if I want to make whatever it is last."

"I'm hanging around with my friend. You don't want to, that's up to you. But," I took a few more steps forward. "Just be aware she has no clue either."

I left him 10 feet away walking over slowly. Eyes away from her ass and tits Theo. Be respectful. Don't be a guy. She wants you as a friend. Be a friend. Don't become an asshole for the one person that's actually made you smile in over 8 years.

"Hey trouble." Her eyes moved up to me, hand on her forehead to clock out the sun.

"Why the hell are you wearing a jumper? It's like 30 degrees out here. Are you insane?"

"I didn't want to cause any accidents walking around shirtless." I could see her eye roll through the glasses and quickly sat down beside her. "Where's Ava?"

"I sent her to get drinks. Thought it would be funny and a lot harder for her to escape it if she comes back and your both- wait. Where's Jasper?"

"Oh," I looked over my shoulder and the guy was pacing, taking his hat off and running his hands through his hair awkwardly. "Having a meltdown." She giggled.

"JASPER STOP BEING A WIMP AND GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE." He stopped, pulling his hat back on his head and stomping over.

"Do you have any idea how awkward this is going to be? You two are fucking evil." He crossed his arms like a literal toddler.

"You're right. This is funny as hell." Hearing that giggle made all of his back chat worth it.

"Wait, this was your idea?"

"Dude, if she got to hear you banging her best friend last night-"

"Oh my god." He pulled the tip of his hat down, clinging to it whilst Morgan laughed, turning onto her side.

"Take your jumper off." I raised my eyebrow. "Oh, shut up. You think I haven't seen a guy's abs before? I live with a footballer. Keep it on but if you collapse with heat stroke I'm just leaving you here. Don't worry. I won't fall at your feet panting and begging you to take me." I wish. Her on her knees. Looking up at me with those big ocean blu- stop. Stop it right now. "Do you always dress stupid or was this just for me?"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Your hat is like way too big." She reached up, smacking it down with a smile. "The jumper and what's with your shorts?"

"The fuck is wrong with my shorts?"

"They're the most basic white boy shorts I've ever seen in my life."

"You're a little uptight today you know that? Should I get you some more champagne?" She gagged.

"No chance. The thought of champagne brings back horrible nightmares of skin slapping." She cringed and I chuckled at her, taking my hat and jumper off. She reached over, stealing my hat and putting it on her own head. "Um. That's mine."

"You're welcome. I'm saving your ass."

"From what?"

"Ava using it against you."

"Uh-oh." Jasper whispered. I looked up, shadow now covering Morgan as she rolled over.

"Oh, hey V. Look who stumbled into us."

"Yeah. 'Stumbled'." I elbowed Jasper. "What? You two are just torturing us both."

"I was gone 2 minutes Branners!" Morgan covered her face with my hat, shrugging.

"Serves you right. I can spend the day tormenting you both now."

"Well, I'm not having that. Jas, want to go grab lunch?" She leaned down beside Morgan, picking up an oversized printed tee and tugging it over her long brown hair.

"Yes. I would very much like to buy you lunch." Jasper practically jumped to his feet. So much for him playing it cool with her. "Let's get away from these psychos."

"We are not psychos." I put my hand over my chest, laying down beside Morgan who had turned back over, scribbling away in a note book. "We're your best friends and you love us both."

"What he said." Morgan lifted her free hand, scowling a little. "Now piss off or shut up. One or the other."

The two love birds wandered off and I sighed, stealing my hat back from Morgan and covering my face. It wasn't often I could take an afternoon to just relax like this. I always had work running through my head. But with Morgan beside me I felt instantly calmer. Clear headed.

"What you doing?"

"Riding an elephant." She turned her head to me. "What's it look like?"

"Looks like you're working on your day off."

"I'm always working."

"Take the day off. Won't kill you."

"Might."

"How many times have you sat on Venice beach in the height of summer Morgan?" She sighed.

"Never."

"And when do you fly home?"

"The day after tomorrow."

"Right. So put the pen, down and enjoy summer."

"I am enjo-HEY!" I grabbed her pen, throwing it down the beach. "THEO."

"I'll do your book next."

"You wouldn't dare."

"I would," I turned onto my side, slapping the hat back onto her head. "Book. Down."

"You're a lot more demanding when you're not drinking."

"I can be more so if you don't put this down right now."

"I'm writing the song you wanted to work on with me."

"We can do that when we're back in the UK."

"But-"

"Morgan."

"I don't like you."

"Good. Put the book down and enjoy the beach." She pulled off her sunglasses and stared at me.

"And what if I don't?"

"Then I'll confiscate your book. Wait until, inevitably, those two return from their fuck in the bathroom and send them off to hide it until you get home where I'll post it to your office." Her scowl got more intense and I could feel my smile involuntarily getting more intense. "What's up princess? Worried to relax?"

"Don't call me that." She slammed the book closed, laying onto her back, my hat over her face. "Prick."

"Mhm. Insult me all you like. Your other friends don't care about you ruining your own experiences, I do."

"Weirdo."

"You're literally pouting. I can see it from here."

"You're annoying me. I'm going back on us being friends. I'll go to the papers and tell them you are a boring, cold hearted diva."

"Naww."

"Stop it."

"AWWWWW."

"Theo." Her lips pulled up a little.

"AWW, SHE'S STROPPING."

"I am not."

"Aww." A giggle. "I'll buy you an ice cream later."

"Hmph."

"A big one."

"Hmm."

"I can be more annoying Morgan."

"You're already annoying."

"I thought you were supposed to be all sunshine and everything."

"I am when someone doesn't throw my pen down the freaking beach." I chuckled and she hit me with my own hat.

"I'll get you another pen."

"No use. That was my good pen." She was so dramatic. It's adorable and so fucking funny. "I'm gonna write you a shit song now." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 38 5
SCARLET WRIGHT is a hopeless romantic who's had her heart broken in every relationship she's ever been in. After catching her most recent boyfriend i...
Truth In My Lies By red

Mystery / Thriller

2.3K 56 30
You ever have that one hot, rude, cocky jerkface in your school that just screams bad news. Tough childhood and doesn't let people in easily. With hi...
3.7K 166 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
2.1K 99 28
Madi is a 29 year old animal conservationist with too many air miles to count. Flying between Vancouver and Auckland on a regular basis has made it a...