Our Summer

By taestuIip

Spending eight weeks at a small village in a suburb town in Daegu does not sound so bad. After a terrible lif... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51- Finale
EPILOGUE - Part 1
EPILOGUE - Part 2
EPILOGUE - Part 3
EPILOGUE - Part 4
EPILOGUE - Part 5
EPILOGUE - Part 6

Chapter 48

455 53 28
By taestuIip

In the village, Jungkook sits in his chair, his phone held firmly in his hands, a contented smile gracing his lips as he reads Soojin's replies. It has become his daily routine ever since their connection blossomed a week ago. Soojin had expressed her wish to stay longer, to take a well-deserved break, but her responsibilities in Seoul called her back for meetings and work.

However, Soojin never once disregarded his text messages, just as he never ignored hers.

"You've been smiling a lot lately," Jimin remarks, leaning against the cashier counter and trying to catch a glimpse of Jungkook's phone. However, Jungkook swiftly hides it, shooting Jimin a warning glare.

"Since when is smiling considered a crime?" Jungkook retorts playfully, his lips curving into a mischievous grin.

As Jimin observes his friend's constant phone activity, curiosity overtakes him and he can't help but inquire about Jungkook's romantic prospects. His voice tinged with curiosity, Jimin asks, "Are you seeing someone? You've been glued to your phone."

Jungkook's eyes shimmer mischievously as he shakes his head, playfully denying any romantic involvement. With a grin, he explains, "No, I'm just talking to Soojin."

Intrigued, Jimin probes further, "Will Soojin visit the village again?"

A tinge of longing fills Jungkook's expression as he responds, "Actually, she's currently vacationing in Europe."

Jimin's bright expression falters at Jungkook's answer. "You seem to like her a lot"

Jungkook blushes immediately, hiding his face and pretending to cough into his fist as he turns away from the cashier.

Suddenly the door to Jungkook's cafe swings open, and the little bell chimes and echoes through the empty space. Both Jimin and Jungkook turn to the door, faces lighting up to see Yun Jin, the new lecturer, walking into the cafe.

Her arrival prompts Jimin to quickly rise from his seat, catching Jungkook's eyes. Jimin suddenly looks nervous and that confuses Jungkook more.

Yun Jin flashes a sweet smile to both of them, exchanging polite greetings before ordering herself an iced coffee.

"The weather is so hot these days", she gently pats her cheek with the back of her fingers. "A good day for iced coffee, no?"

"Definitely", Jungkook grins at her, tapping on the screen for her order before moving to the working station to make her coffee.

Jimin, who has been patiently standing and waiting at the side finally gathers his bravery to seize the opportunity.

"Hello", he says, a slight blush creeping on his cheeks.

"Hello", she replies, eyes dancing with some sort of anticipation.

"Are you free tonight?"

She looks surprised, blinking at him. "Why?"

Jimin slips one hand into his pants pocket and smiles. "I would like to invite you for a meal"

His attempt to sound casual and nonchalant seems to fail immediately. His voice came out strained as if he is reading from a script.

Curiosity glimmers in Yun Jin's eyes as she stares at him as if waiting for him to speak again.

A smile graces her lips when she finally nods and responds. "Of course, why not"

Yun Jin gives him a polite nod before taking her iced coffee at the end of the table and finally departing.

"Would you look at that", Jungkook crosses his arms, unable to resist the urge to tease his friend. "You seem to...know her?"

Jimin lets out a sigh before telling Jungkook that he had met her once before and had developed a genuine liking for her. He then describes her as funny and intelligent, and of course, very sweet and kindhearted.

Jimin's blunt confessions elicit a playful remark from Jungkook as he smirks at his friend. "Ooo, you have a crush on her"

Jimin narrows his gaze at Jungkook but then sighs again, admitting that his friend is somehow right. He does have a crush on her. For a long time.

"Why in the world is everyone finding soulmates here in this village"

-

Seori returns to the village a few days later, alongside Taehyung and their arrival sends ripples of excitement through the villagers - especially Taehyung's close friends. The second Seori steps into the cafe, Jungkook rushes over, extending a glass of her favourite iced coffee and a paper bag filled with her favourite butter muffins.

"We missed you", he says, flashing a warm cute smile.

Miyeon, unable to contain her delight runs towards Seori, hugging her tight as she jumps excitedly. "I am so glad you are back. I am getting so bored with these men - such a snooze fest"

She then releases Seori who still looks struck at the welcome she is receiving then turns to Taehyung with a cold stare.

"Unclench, please", Taehyung rolls his eyes at Miyeon, pulling Seori back to his side.

"Are you planning to stay at the inn again? You know, the room Yun Jin is using?"

Taehyung quickly interjects before Seori can open her mouth, a playful smirk on his face. "No need to worry about that. She will be staging with me", he says, wrapping an arm around Seori's shoulders.

Miyeon grunts in feigning annoyance, making a disgusted face. "Geez, you are so possessive. Give her some space"

Just when the laughter starts to die down, Miyeon suddenly calls for everyone's attention. She breathes in calmly, her hands trembling from the nervousness to finally share the news she has been keeping from all her close friends.

"I have an announcement", she clasps her clammy hands together, looking at everyone with curious eyes. "I am moving to Seoul in two weeks for my studies"

A moment of silence fills the air as the weight of Miyeon's words sinks in, their faces displaying a mixture of surprise and disbelief. Jungkook frows at her at first, thinking Miyeon is just joking.

"Say something", Miyeon grunts, crossing her arms with hopeful eyes. "Do not look at me like I am going to war"

"This is sudden", Jungkook says. "I mean, in two weeks?"

Miyeon nods. "I made my decision, finally"

Seori senses the slow tension building in the air between them and confusion seeps into her veins. Their reaction to Miyeon's news seems uncanny. Like they know something is wrong with her sudden decision.

But a minute later, everyone runs to hug Miyeon, prompting a flurry of questions as they shower her with good wishes.

Seori watches as everything unfolds, and then she turns to Taehyung.

"I know you know something, Taehyung. Speak"

-

As the students  pack their belongings, the heavy realization that their time in the village is finally drawing close hangs heavy in the air. Seeking solace in each other's company, they gather in the schoolyard - their favourite spot - for one last evening of fun and bonding. Dreading the upcoming days that will be filled with an onslaught of work, everyone decided to seize the chance to enjoy a drink together.

"I am going to miss this place", Yeon Jun sighs heavily, chugging the soda in his hand.

"Me too", Eri agrees, watching the night sky above them with a content smile. "I like this place very much"

Yoona presses her lips together, listening to her friends talk about how much they are going to miss this village. Her heart is heavy just thinking about their last day here and every time she lies in bed at night, she wanted to cry.

She loves this place. She loves spending her morning and night here, with her friends. The feeling is different compared to the time they spent together back in the city. Something about the tranquillity of the summer beachy air here, the friendly people and the little magical feeling of being away from your home, but finding a new home somewhere else.

The atmosphere is alive with laughter and conversation, a mixture of joy and wistfulness. Amidst the lively ambience, Mina succumbs to the effects of the drink, her inhibition loosening. Brimming with both liquid courage and vulnerability, she musters the strength to confess her feelings openly to her friends.

"I think I like Min Yoongi"

Everyone turns to her, falling into a deadening silence.

"What did you say?", Beomgyu leans closer to her.

"I like him. I really really like him. I like him so much it's insane. I think I am falling in love but I do not know. I just...I like him. I don't know w-why I like him", Mina stammers, her cheeks flushing red, brave and embarrassed at the same time.

Everyone looks at her with the same expression - one she fails to comprehend. But the slight twitch in Soobin's eyes makes her turn around. To her astonishment, Yoongi stands just a few steps from her, a silent witness to her confession.

She freezes for a fleeting second and none of them move nor make a sound. The reality of the moment hits Mina like a tidal wave, intensifying her embarrassment. Yoongi looks like he is surprised too.

Overwhelmed by the whole situation, she pushes her drink to Yoona's chest and hastily retreats from the scene, running away to seek refuge from her own words.

Mina ends up in the school's toilet, breathing hard amidst the clouding haze of her drunken mind. She leans on the door, pressing her back flat for anchor because her entire body is buzzing, and

trembling and she swears she needs someone to slap her out of this confusion and misery.

"Mina", Eri calls her from the other side of the toilet door. "Open up"

"I-I need some time alone", she closes her eyes, holding back tears. "Can you please go"

Eri swallows, her worried eyes staring at the closed door. "No, but I will be outside waiting for you. Take all the time you need. Mister Min Yoongi left already...in case you wondering"

~~~~

Another update! Three days in a row? That's so unlike me! But thank you for reading and commenting! Sending love and hugs! 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 8.5K 110
"YAH!!! KIM TAEHYUNG!!!" "what??" "i'm your manager not your wife that you're ordering me to do your personal stuff around!" i gulped when he walked...
51.7K 2.9K 78
MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be ok when he packs up to go home and you...
2.9K 184 29
" I feel like my life began with you and it truly did..." (Unedited) You are a regular girl living with your parents but one day after school you see...
18.3K 656 67
"Cause this is unlimited love. I'll wait for her." . "If fate makes us face each other again and if he still loves me like he said before, than I'll...