a second chance | gwen stacy...

By redmacarooon

in every other universe, gwen stacy falls for spiderman. -in this universe, y/n falls for spiderwoman. but... More

1: Cobwebs
2: Rooftops
3: Calling
4: Nonviolent Communication
5: Home
6: Project Osborn
7: Silk & Perfume
8: After Party
9: Annihilate
10: Lies Never Told
11: Gone, Gone, Gone
12: Never Turn Back
13: The Golden Boy
14: Wasted Youth
15: In Preparation
16: Parental Guidance
17: The Batterist
18: All They Wanted
19: 100% Your Look
20: Crashing Down
21: Amber Alert
22: Borderline
23: Reflections
24: Inching Closer
25: The Hero's Heist
26: The Key
27: 50,000 Feet Apart
28: Fill The Void

πŸ•ΈοΈPrologue

6.3K 164 89
By redmacarooon

You remember everything that happened with Gwen before the event.

It was a Monday morning. Physics class had just finished. You noticed a blond haired girl always hanging out with Peter Parker who usually got pushed around by Ned Leeds.

A kid a year older than you, but still a jerk nonetheless.

You and Peter were pretty good friends, and his death hit you like a train .

Gwen wasn't really known to be the most social person after the lizard attack at homecoming, and Peter's death.

Most people talked about the appearance of Spiderwoman, whom everyone blamed for the death of Peter.

But.. something didn't seem right to you.

After that incident, you saw how Gwen missed classes, and her attendance dropped by a large margin despite being the top student in the class.

No one seemed to really notice, except you. It seems like everyone was glad that the antisocial and nerdy band kid was gone.

Something about her.. just intrigued you after you saw her just randomly disappear and reappear during the homecoming dance.

So you tried to interact with her any way possible, when she actually attended class of course.

"Hey, what's the answer to #4?" Y/N turns around, holding her book up to Gwen.

Gwen glances away and looks back, slightly confused. "It's 20." She says after a few seconds, making you smile.

"Thanks. I was stuck on that one." A few moments of silence as Y/n turns around even more. "I don't think I've seen you before.. what's your name?"

"It's Gwen.. Gwen Stacy." Gwen pushes her hair behind her ear. "Nice to meet you, I'm-"

She was mysterious but.. in kind of a good way.

You and her became good friends after some reluctance and confusion on WHY you were talking to her.

It took a while and a few "I don't do friends" or a "Why are you still talking to me?" but hey.. you managed to soften her in the end.

It was only after that incident with Flash that she really started putting in effort to talk to you.

"Hey, Stacy.." Ned walks down the hallway as Gwen angrily hides behind her locker. She really didn't want to talk to him right now, especially after what he did to Peter.

Everyone stops in their tracks, noticing Gwen and Ned's confrontation.

"Not right now, Ned." Gwen says in a quiet but threatening tone, pushing her books into her bag with unnecessary force.

My friend and I were near the water fountain, and she nudges me to look at the whole situation. I carefully watch as I hold my books in my arms.

"Look I just wanted to say-" As Ned approaches Gwen, she snaps, grabbing him and pushing him up against the locker with a BANG. Everyone gasps.

She pierces into him with her blue eyes, breathing heavily. Ned looks at her with a sympathetic look.

"Feels better, right? Letting it all out like that?" Ned's expression softens. as Gwen's eyes fill with tears.

"Look, your best friend died. I'm sorry." He exclaims in a genuine tone, causing Gwen to let him go. She gently places him down on the ground.

Gwen then quickly picks up her bag and runs to the washroom.

After a few seconds, everyone seems to return back to normal. "Dude, what is up with her?" My friend shakes her head.

My eyebrows furrow. "Maybe you should lose your best friend and see how that feels." I walk into my friend, pushing her aside and intending to follow Gwen to the washroom.

As I enter the washroom, I hear quiet sobs in a stall. I let out a sigh, slightly reluctant to knock on the stall door but I do it anyways.

"Hey.. you okay in there?" I say with a sympathetic tone.

"Go away." Gwen replies in a shaky voice.

After a few seconds, I sit down on the floor, leaning my back to the washroom stall. "I'm sorry about what happened to Peter.."

"What would you know about him?" Gwen snaps in an angry voice, clearly not intending to talk to me.

"He was my friend too, you know. We used to be best friends in middle school." I shift uncomfortably in my position.

"And he was one hell of a nerd." I chuckle before leaning my head back. "He was a good person, but not everyone treated him right."

I laugh a little. "Not like you did."

After a few moments pass, the door to the stall opens, causing me to lift my head up and turn around.

Gwen comes out, with tear stained eyes. She stands there with a conflicted look. I get up quickly, and offer some tissues.

Gwen breathes out, clearly trying to compose herself. "Thanks.." She mumbles while taking it.

And, after a while, she opened up to you about everything, which only made you even closer.

But even so, you knew she kept something from you.

Something that she would have no choice to tell you because it was eating her up inside.

You really cared about her, and loved her. Secrets and all.

"Y/n, let's go to our usual spot." Gwen nudges me with her elbow, causing me to shut my locker.

"I don't know.." I check my watch. "My parents really want me to come back and I need to catch up on the project we have due-"

"Please?" Gwen interrupts with a hint of pleading in her voice as she gazes into my eyes with her watercolour ones.

After a few moments, I sigh, breaking my stubbornness and Gwen convincing me."Fine. But you know I hate climbing up there."

Gwen smirks at my response. "Aw.. Is Y/n too scared to climb onto a rooftop?" She says in a teasing voice.

I roll my eyes. "Let's just go.." I grab Gwen's hand and pull her towards our usual spot. She seemed oddly quiet as I did that.

"My mom is literally on my ass about everything I do with you. So make this quick.." I say as I lead Gwen to the back of the school and near an old shed the staff stopped using a while ago.

We put down our bags next to each other.

" I can't believe your mom doesn't like me. I mean.. How am I not likeable?" Gwen scoffs while placing a hand on her hip as we examine the best way to climb up the shed.

"I have a.. few ideas." I look at Gwen with my arms crossed, a smug glance on my face. "Oh wow.. that's low. Even for you." She says in a sarcastic tone.

Gwen then runs past me, and easily grabs onto the rooftop through a well timed jump. It always seemed so odd but easy for her to do that type of stuff.

She extends her hand to me. "Psh.. showoff.." I chuckle before taking her hand. She easily pulls me up and walks to the edge of the shed facing the city.

I sit down beside her, crossing my legs. I look at Gwen. "So.. what's up?" I say with a curious tone as I examine Gwen.

She plays with the fabric of her jeans, looking down."Y/n.."

My head perks up. "Mhm?" I look at her, slightly eager for her response.

She bites her lip, seeming to be fighting back against herself.

"Are.. are you okay?" I say with a confused expression and almost laughing at Gwen's weird demeanour.

Gwen takes a deep breathe out. "Y-yeah, I'm all good.. A-Are you?"

I raise my eyebrow. "I could literally make a joke right now about how weird you're acting.. but I won't because I think I'm genuinely concerned.." I chuckle a little as Gwen pushes her hair back, slightly smiling.

"Can I.. Tell you something really crazy?" Gwen says in a calm and gentle tone. I tilt my head. "Hit me."

I wait for Gwen's answer patiently, but I don't hear one, prompting me to nudge her. "Hello? Gwen?"

I glance at Gwen, who continues looking down and not replying to me.

"Dude, I don't have time for this.. come on!" I give an exasperated sigh. Gwen shakes her head. "Fine.. I'll tell you. Just give me a second."

I nod, looking out into the city and waiting for Gwen's answer again, but she, for a second time, doesn't say it. I stand up, stretching.

"You know what.. I don't have time for this.." As I begin to walk away, I suddenly feel something pulling on my back and immediately pulling me more forcefully in order to get me back to where I was.

I fly back, being caught in Gwen's arms. I look at Gwen with a confused expression as I glance at my back."Webs..?" My eyes widen.

Gwen nods slowly. "Surprise!" She giggles nervously. "That's what you wanted to tell me?" I stand up properly, facing Gwen with my mouth gaped open.

"Wow. I thought you'd be more surprised." Gwen smirks with a cross to her arms.

"I mean.. I had a feeling something was up with you when I was first met you.. but being Spider-Woman?!" I put a hand to my forehead. "How many people know?!" I say with a stunned expression. Gwen shrugs. "Just uh.. you."

I sigh, taking a large breathe out. "W-Wow.. A-Are you gonna tell me next that you can travel different dimensions or something?" I quickly stand up properly, turning to face Gwen and hitting her arm.

Gwen lets out a relieved sigh. "Hah.. no.. I'm just.. I'm really glad I finally told someone."  Gwen glances up at me with her big doe eyes, making me blush slightly. "Y-Yeah.." I  say with a angry mumble.

"You know, ever since Peter died.. I never thought I'd actually have someone to just.. chill with. And do stupid shit with too." Gwen chuckles a little, rubbing her arm. "It's kinda.. nice."

"You.. you think so?"I glance to the side, my eyes widening a little. Gwen nods, slowly, pushing her hair back behind her ear and looking up and down at me as she inches closer a little. As she gets closer, my expression softens as a few moments of silence pass before a sudden loud ringing is heard, scaring us both.

I quickly check the phone in my pocket. Seeing my mom calling, I quietly mumble a swear word before looking up at Gwen. "I-I have to.. my mom.." I manage to speak out before taking a step back.

"O-Oh yeah! Yeah, no.. you go do that." Gwen gives me a small smile as I smile back at her. I glance at the ground from atop the shed. "Need a little help?" Gwen offers with a teasing voice.

I tilt my head and back. "Uh.. yeah. Thanks." I say with a little snarkiness. Gwen then swiftly scoops me up in her arms, giving me no time to react. "H-Hey!" I say with a slight blush as Gwen raises an eyebrow at me. "You ready?"

"Ready for wha- AAAAAAAAAAA?" I scream as she jumps off the shed unexpectedly, causing me to wrap my arms around her neck tightly. She lands on the ground, safely with little to no large impact.

"You.. alright?" Gwen lets out a puff of air as I flutter my eyes open. I look at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You could've warned me! Gosh, I think I'll start a Spider-Woman hate club now.." I cross my arms.

"I guess I'll just have to web you up then.." She says in a playfully threatning voice. I roll my eyes with a blush. "God.." I say while standing up on my own, dusting off my clothes.

"You can't tell me you didn't enjoy that!" Gwen laughs, loudly. I groan. "Yeah, no YOU enjoyed it because you know I hate heights!" I look around for my bag before spotting it.

"Oh, come on. Don't be such a wuss. It's just an old shed." Gwen punches me in the arm, causing me to wince a little and smile as well. "Okay, well.. I'll see you then." I exclaim, picking up my bag swiftly and pulling it over my shoulder.

Gwen nods in response, giving me a quick but awkward smile. My face saddens as I feel like she had wanted to tell me something else, but I didn't have time to wait or push her for answers.

"We're not done talking about anything yet, Stacy!" I nudge her on the arm before speed-walking towards the front of the school. "I still wanna know how you manage to create your own web shooters!'

Gwen chuckles and sighs, watching me as I stride away from her. She then looks down, making a frown before mumbling to herself and pressing her lips together.

"Dammit.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

All of Me By zwa!

Fanfiction

6.6K 331 13
"I'm supposed to save the world, Peter." "Well, there's your problem right there. You can't think about saving the whole world. You have to think ab...
97.4K 2.4K 26
Okay, let's start this from the top one last time. My name is (y/n) (l/n), and I am, the one and only Spider Woman. Or so I thought. #1 in #peterbpa...
64.6K 1.8K 40
With great power, comes great responsibility, it is the duty of those with the ability, to use it for the betterment of others. A hero's journey is j...
44.5K 2.3K 25
## [ π€ππŽπŒπ€π‹π˜ ] - π”ͺ𝔦𝔩𝔒𝔰 π”ͺπ”¬π”―π”žπ”©π”’π”° ... in which π’Žπ’Šπ’π’†π’” π’Žπ’π’“π’‚π’π’†π’” encounters...