Braxton Enterprises

By jmarieal

Nicole Copelands family is filthy rich, almost as rich as their competition/enemy in the business world.. Chr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 24 - The Ending

20.8K 491 44
By jmarieal

"Nicole!" Christian yelled after me as I heard the faint sound of running footsteps getting louder and louder.

"I'm fine Christian, go and enjoy the party. I'll be out soon." I yelled through the closed bathroom door, hoping he'd believe me. After a long pause from Christian, he let out a deep breath. "Okay Nicole. Call me if you need anything." He said with a worried tone clearly evident in his voice.

I looked around the dark bathroom that had 1 lightbulb that was functioning properly. The bathroom stall doors had peeled off brown paint with graffiti scrawled all over them. Spiderwebs covered every corner of the dirty, dark room. I sighed and looked at the mirror in front of me. I had a bottle of whiskey in my bag and skulled it as I took out my phone and dialled.

"Sorry, this callers phone has been disconnected." A robotic voice said. My eyes filled with tears as I realised who I had just called, Alexandro. My anxiety levels escalated immediately as I attempted to calm myself down by sitting on the floor, not caring if my dress got dirty.

After a few minutes, the corner stall creaked and the door flew open. A figure wearing a black robe walked out, I instantly stood up and backed into a corner.

The figure walked closer to me, which used the hoodie to cover his/her face.

"Oh, Nicole. Didn't the note tell you that you're going to regret this?" A male voice said. I attempted to figure out who the voice belonged to, but no thoughts came to my head as the room started to spin right before my eyes. Damn, I shouldn't have skulled that whiskey.

2 men came from behind the figure and grabbed my arms and secured them behind my back. They delivered a punch straight to my head, making me drowsy and unable to function properly. A black cloth covered my face as they took me to another room and threw me on the floor. Rough man hands groped my body and stripped me off my dress. My breath hitched as I attempted to get out of his grasp but it was no use, the men had tied my hands behind me. "Leave me alone!" I screamed through the tape that they placed around my mouth. His filthy hands ran up between my legs and before they could go up any higher, the male spoke up.

"Enough! Change her, now." The leader yelled with authorisation clear in his voice. The black cloth was ripped from my head and I looked down at my half-naked body. I squealed as the mans hand dug deeper into my skin, leaving an instant bruise. The man changed me into a black singlet and black sweatpants.

The man walked closer and closer and he took off his hoodie. Before I could look up and see who it was, something knocked me out from behind.

Darkness.

——————————————

CHRISTIANS POV:

"Nicole!" I yelled after her as she kept running away. I turned the knob on the bathroom door but it was locked. I sighed in desperation, wondering what had just happened.

"I'm fine Christian, go and enjoy the party. I'll be out soon." She yelled through the closed bathroom door. Something inside me didn't let me believe that she's fine. I let out a deep breath. "Okay Nicole. Call me if you need anything." I sighed again before walking away.

I walked back to greet the other guests but before I did, I decided to go to the bar for a drink. As I was there, Lena walked up to me with a glass of red wine and placed her free hand on my chest, dragging her finger down the buttons of my white button up shirt. She was obviously drunk.

"Hey Lena." I smiled, attempting to get her off me by ordering a drink. She giggled. "Hey Christian!" She squealed.

"Oh my God! Guess what?" She jumped in her heels which made the red wine splash over my white button up. She sucked in a breath and slapped her hand over her mouth in shock.

"Oh shit. I'm incredibly sorry!" She squealed, grabbing a cloth from the bartender and attempting to wipe it off. It was no use. Annoyance filled my head as I grabbed her hand and placed it on the side of her body, making it clear that she shouldn't touch me.

"Its fine." I snapped before grabbing another clean cloth and walking to the mens bathroom. The walk to the bathroom was dark and damp, the lights were off and the corridor was pitch black. I took out my phone and turned on the torch so I could see my way.

"Help- Hel-" A voice whispered, moaning.

My eyebrows furrowed and walked slowly to the crouching figure sprawled across the floor in the corner.

"Who are you? Are you okay?" I asked, shining my torch closer to his face so I could somehow make out who it is.

"Christian?" The male asked as he screamed in agony. My eyes widened as I realised who it was.

"Noah?!" I yelled in panic as I crouched next to him, attempting to help him.

"What happened?!" I asked, applying pressure on his chest to stop him from bleeding to death.

"Go find Nicole. She's in danger! I'm so sorry Christian, I was involved too." Noah whispered urgently as his body started shaking.

"What? What do you mean?!" I yelled furiously, shaking him, making sure he didn't pass on me. "Nicoles in danger? What do you mean Noah?! Where is she?!" I yelled.

"She's in the third room to the left- go now or else she'll get killed by -" He stuttered before his eyes slowly shut and the shaking stopped. I got up and ran to the third room to the left, not caring that I had Noah's blood all over my shirt.

"Nicole!" I yelled, punching walls to contain my anger and worry. The door was locked. I kicked the door down and ran inside. The room was dark, with a lamp in the corner brightening the room slightly. It was cold and damp. My eyes scanned the room and..

There she was.

"Nicole." I whispered. She wasn't in her dress, she was in a black singlet and black sweatpants with her makeup smudged across her beautiful face. Her hair was messily taken out of her hairstyle and placed in a messy bun. She was sprawled across the floor, laying unconscious with her arms and feet tied together, not allowing her to move. Bruises and needle holes and scars covered her arms and legs. 

I ran towards her and gently peeled the tape off her face. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulders but as soon as I did.. the door slammed closed. 

"Put her down Christian." A female voice said behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around.

The figure was a woman in a large jumper with a symbol of a crown. She had a hoodie covering her face which made it hard to see who it was. She stood in front of the door with 2 men behind her. They looked familiar. 

"Put her down or else.." She warned me. I took a step forward and she pulled out a gun from the pocket of her jumper.

"Put her down Christian, now." She warned me again as I gently placed Nicole on the floor, making sure she was comfortable.

"Who are you?" I asked, standing in front of Nicole blocking her from the guns viewpoint.

"I'm surprised you haven't recognised me Christian." She giggled the way only one person in this entire world.

"Lena?" I asked in horror with my eyes and mouth wide open at the sight in front of me. My knuckles crunched as I clutched my hands out of anger, hoping it wasn't her. 

"Correct answer." She smiled as she took off her hoodie. My breath hitched as my hands clenched.

"What do you want? Does she know?" I spat, pointing at an unconscious Nicole sprawled on the floor. Sadness and anger took over as I turned back with a furious face. 

She laughed and shook her head. "Obviously not Christian." Her evil eyes smiled through her fake eyelashes. She took a step closer to me but suddenly turned around and walked towards the corner to talk to one of her men. 

I took this as my chance to grab Nicole and run out as the door was free from obstruction. I quietly picked up Nicole's unconscious body and threw her gently over my shoulder, making sure Lena doesn't notice as she was too busy yelling at the men that stood behind her.

As I slowly ran towards the door, I peeked at Lena once more before quietly turning the knob. The knob creaked as I turned it - I bit my lip, hoping I could get out of there without Lena noticing. I took a step out of the door before a sharp pain shot through my leg. 

I winced and bit my lip from screaming in agony, I looked down to my leg and realised I had been shot. Another shot flew from the same direction and hit me in the same spot. 

"AH!" I screamed as my body hit the floor. I had lost control of Nicole which sent her flying down to the cold concrete floor with me. I turned back and looked at Lena who had a furious look in her eyes.

"How dare you attempt to even leave me?" Lena yelled, while ordering the guards to move Nicole back into the corner where she was previously. I crawled in agony and pain back to where I was, next to Nicole. 

"Your death will not be quick. It'll be slow.. And painful." She evilly whispered as she bent down to where I was sprawled on the floor. She licked her lips and straddled my hips. I attempted to push her off which made her slap me across the face and grind her lower body against mine. 

The guards tied my hands together and taped my mouth to prevent me from yelling or to bring attention to this abandoned room. The guards then moved to Nicole. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion. Lena stood up and fixed her hair and giggled. "You're going to love this." She winked as she grabbed a chair and placed it across Nicole, allowing her to have a good view of what was going on. 

The guards slid Nicoles pants off slowly, making sure I realised what they were doing. I groaned and attempted to get up. "Leave her alone!" I attempted to scream through the thick piece of tape they placed over my mouth. 

----------- 

NICOLES POV:

The faint feeling of my pants sliding off me woke me up, my voice was hoarse and my throat was dry. My eyes felt like 23 bees stung me at once. My arms were sore and my legs felt like they were restrained by an invisible rope. I attempted to remember what had happened, I had a dream that I was kidnapped by unfamiliar figures. I didn't have the energy to even open my eyes.. Until I heard his name.

"Christian. It's over. I can't even stand to look at you anymore." A familiar voice snickered. My eyebrows furrowed as my eyes slowly opened. 

My breath hitched as I had a clear view of what was going on. 

It wasn't a dream. What? Lena? What was she doing here? She saved us! I smiled as I attempted to get up, but 2 men restrained me and continued their stare at Lena. Christian was sprawled across the floor next to me, he was bleeding. "Christian?" I whispered, my voice so hoarse I could barely hear myself. 

Lena stood up and positioned herself on top of Christian. She bent down and pulled out a gun from her waistband. "Its over. I can't even stand to look at you anymore." Lena snickered, with venom laced as she spit out torturous words at him. My breath hitched as I screamed. She was doing this! She did this! To me! To Christian! To us! Lenas head snapped to where I was laying and she smirked. 

"Hey cousin." She giggled. I panicked and looked at Christian with worried eyes. His mouth was taped which prevented him from screaming. I attempted to snatch my arms away from the guards hold, but it was no use. 

"Lena! What are you doing?!" I yelled. 

She sighed and averted her attention back to me. "Killing you and your boyfriend, duh?" 

"BUT WHY?! Was it you who broke into my house and also killed Alessandro?" I screamed out of shock. 

"Because, princess. I'm so sick of you taking the spotlight, its my turn. Its always been about you. Oh, Nicole this, Nicole that. Nicole Copeland and Christian Braxton Updates and all this other bullshit that isn't even worth mentioning. I'm sick of it.. And I'm sick of you. Guess what? I did kill Alessandro." She spat, waving the gun around.

I shook my head and shut my eyes close, hoping I would wake up from this dream. "No, no, no, no." 

"Goodbye Christian." She whispered as she clicked the safety OFF and pointed the gun hole right on  his forehead. 

"NO!" I screamed. "Kill me instead! Leave him alone." I pleaded, tears now running down my eyes. 

"Too late." She spoke as she pulled the trigger. 

A gunshot sound rang through the small room as I closed my eyes and rocked with my head in my hands. "NO!" 

2 more gunshots came from the same direction as the guards tight hold loosened and dropped to the floor. I couldn't bear to see Christians dead face. 

"Nicole." A male voice whispered. I shook my head without looking up. 

"He's gone. He's gone." I cried. I felt like a massive part of my life has just left me. 

"I'm right here baby, I'm not going anywhere." The voice said in my ear. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Christian?!" I screamed out of shock and out of joy. There he was, no bullet wound. Looking sexier then ever. 

I wrapped my arms around him and smashed my lips against his. I suddenly pulled away. 

"Wheres Lena?" I asked. 

He looked down and pointed behind him. Lena was laying, lifeless, unconscious. Her body was slowly already turning pale and rotting. 

"But who?" I asked, shaking my head. Refusing to shed any tears for her. 

Christian smiled and looked behind me as my eyes widened. 

"Kristina?" I asked in horror. "How did you know we were here?" I attempted to stand up and hug her, but my legs were in pain. 

Kristina laughed. "When we were younger, Christian had always been away from a Christmas party for only an hour and a half. When I realised he wasn't here and no one had seen him for more then an hour, I knew something was up. I could sense it. It's a good thing I carry a gun in my bag." She smiled proudly. 

"Thank you so much." I cried. 

"Dont thank me. Let's just get Christian and you up and out of here, without attracting any public attention." Kristina ordered as she placed one of Christians arms around her neck. I stood up, not caring about the pain that shot through my legs.  

-------- 

I patted my hair dry and secured the robe around my naked body. I wrapped my hair up in a white towel and stepped out of the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the large mirror that hung in my room. 

"Hey Nicole?" Kristinas voice rang through the closed double doors. 

I walked over and opened the door for her. "Hey Kristina." I smiled, allowing her to come into my newly renovated room that I shared with Christian, Our room. 

"I was just coming here to ask if you were feeling okay after what happened?" She asked. 

"Its been 3 weeks Kristina, I'm feeling so much better. I cant thank you enough. How can I ever repay you?" I asked as I quickly ran into my closet and wore a simple black singlet and grey sweatpants. 

"You can repay me by coming downstairs and trying my new recipe." She grinned. I laughed and followed her downstairs where I was greeted by my beautiful boyfriend. 

"Hey baby." Christian whispered in my ear as he sat on one of the stools under the counter. He brought me up and placed me on the uninjured leg and kissed me passionately. 

"I love you." I whispered. 

"I love you more, Nicole Copeland." 

A/N: AHHHHHHH THE ENDING YAAAAAAYYYYYY. Thank you to every single person that has shared this beautiful journey with me, christian and nicole. Its been an honour. Everyone stay tuned for my new book! Love you all! - Jez XXX 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456 39 19
Rose Howard set out for a reunion with her college mate Mary Spencer. On her way she dreamt of hugging her friend tightly; but unexpectedly, unknowin...
89 0 40
A 6'2", dark brown hair and blue-eyed billionaire that is a good fucker and dirty talker? Yeah. I got you. Christian Black. The CEO of a company call...
3.5K 72 22
Angelo, The worlds most richest CEO in Los Angeles California, He works with ladies that have been cheated on and helps them out by a seductive game...
12.3M 403K 41
Cali Wilson desperately needs money. She had her father's gigantic gambling debt and 4 months overdue rent to pay. When she saw a job opening that of...