Inevitable Love II - Mine ≫ J...

By SincvrelyShae

In which the two teenagers who figured out their love inevitable, figure out their love further | Book 2 of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII.
Chapter XIV.
Chapter XV

Chapter XVI

4K 144 90
By SincvrelyShae

"Sometimes two people need to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together"

Three Months Later

"Hey Sky," Aden threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked inside the bakery.

"What's up Aden?" I smiled softly, grabbing his arm and taking it off my shoulder and grabbing my apron.

Aden sucked his teeth at me, "I see you're still rejecting me." He grabbed his apron as well.

"I wouldn't call it rejecting because you haven't asked me anything." I raised my eyebrow before walking away.

"Okay fine then, let me take you out later." Aden asked, following right behind me.

I stopped and spun around, "No, now that's rejecting." I patted his cheek as I opened the door to the kitchen to clock in.

"So harsh to the poor boy." Alexis shook her head.

"I'm not ready for a relationship, it's too soon." I shook my head.

"It's been two months Sky, you can't keep moping around." Alexis rested her hand on her hip.

"I'm not moping, I'm just not as excited about things as before." I disagreed, "Anyway like I said, I don't want a relationship right now."

Alexis sighed and rolled her eyes, "I guess. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, but try being a little less harsh on Aden. He's cute, sweet and really into you. Don't break his little heart."

I pursed my lips before walking back out and going to my station; cashier. I still find it highly ironic how I left my restaurant job because of being a cashier too long but here I am at the bakery, working as a cashier.

At least the pay was better.

Throughout the day, people came, bought some sweets and left. My tone had became more monotone by the hour. I only had 10 minutes left before my break and I impatiently tapped my fingers against the marble counter.

The ringing of the bell alerted me yet I never lifted my head until they approached, "Hello welcome to -" I looked up and my whole body froze as I saw those features I use to adore so much.

"Jack?" I whispered, probably looking like a deer in headlights.

That beautiful smile appeared on his face, "Hey Skylar."

"W-What are you doing here?" I faltered.

Jack took a deep breath, "I came to see my parents and friends, and more importantly you."

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a step back, my arms holding up my body on the counter as I lowered my head.

"I miss you, so much. It's been hell not being able to hear your voice for months. Three and a half months without you, it's been hard. I fucked up and I realized what I truly took for granted and that was you. I'm so sorry." He began.

I lifted my head and looked in his eyes, seeing them glisten, "Jack, I-I don't know what to say." I said slowly.

"I came here to apologize and hopefully be at least friends with you. I miss being able to call and text you when I want to, I lost that privilege with my stupidity."

"You do remember that I'm the one who started that fight right? If I would've never kisse-"

"You were drunk and he took advantage of that. It's his fault not yours and I get that now. I should've been pissed at him, not you. I acted on impulse and I apologize. If I would've let you explain better then we might still be together." He interjected.

I shook my head and leaned my head back, "This is ridiculous, I can't believe this." I muttered.

"Look, I'll give you time to let all this settle. My number is still the same and I'm staying at my parents. Stop by if you want, they miss you." Jack put his hands in his pockets.

Jack began walking backwards towards the door, "I still love you, Skylar. That's never gonna change. I hope to hear from you but if I don't then I understand." He pushed open the door and left.

The ringing bell sounded louder, my heart was pounding, butterflies were having a flying party in my stomach and I was at a loss of words and breath.

He still has this effect over me, after all this time.

* * * *
Locking the car door, I stood in front of the familiar house. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in as I pulled my maroon cardigan closer to my body.

Every step I took towards the door, my heart began to beat faster. Before I knew it, my fist formed and knocked a rhythmic three times.

I took two steps back and bit my lip, anxious, nervous, confused.

"Skylar, you came." Jack smiled as he opened the door wide.

I let out a quiet exhale, "Yeah, I-I did."

Jack nodded and moved to the side, "Well come in, come in." He held out his arm to guide me in.

I tentatively walked inside, my arms still crossed over my chest. The door closing made me jump slightly, he must've noticed.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." He apologized.

I shook my head, "It's fine, my nerves are just all over the place."

"Don't be nervous, I'm not a stranger." Jack tried to comfort me, walking towards his living room.

I raised my eyebrows, "No, you definitely are not." I muttered, following behind him.

"Skylar? Oh it's so nice to see you again sweetheart." Katherine stood up from her seat and enveloped me in a warm hug.

I hugged her back, "It's nice to see you too."

She pulled away but held onto my forearms, "How've you been?" She asked lowly, I knew exactly what she was talking about.

I shrugged, "I've been okay."

She pursed her lips and gave me a sympathetic look before letting me go, "Are you hungry? Thirsty?" She asked.

I shook my head, "No I'm fine, thank you though."

"Of course. Anytime." She sat back in her chair.

I glanced over at Jack who was already looking at me. I took a sharp inhale before looking down at my feet.

"We're gonna go out back." Jack announced, nodding his head to me towards the back door.

"Alright honey, if you need anything just give me a call." She said, more specifically to me.

I nodded and gave her a soft small before walking out the backdoor. Jack had grabbed his basketball and was now dribbling it.

"Remember when I brought you back here to play and we made a bet that-"

"If you won you got to take me on a date and if I won, you had to do whatever I wanted." I nodded with a smirk, "of course I remember."

"And I won." He smirked.

"By two fucking points." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Jack chuckled, "I still won."

I smiled for the first time, a real genuine smile. I looked down at my black timberlands, smiling at the memory.

"Skylar, I don't want things between us to be awkward." Jack stopped bouncing the ball, holding it in between his hands.

I looked up, "Neither do I."

"Then come here and give me a hug because that's all I've wanted to do since I went to the bakery." He dropped the ball and held open his arms.

I didn't even hesitate as I ran into his arms, wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his neck. Jacks arm wrapped around my waist tightly, his face also buried in neck.

I inhaled his familiar cologne, placing my hand on the back of his neck as I pulled him tighter if that was even possible.

"I'm so sorry, for everything." Jack whispered in my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine.

"So am I."

Jack pulled back slowly, "I love you Skylar, always have and always will."

"And I love you too, always have and always will." I smiled, caressing the back of his neck.

"Let's start over. Forget about all the drama and bullshit that happened." He suggested, his eyes flickering from my lips and eyes.

"That sounds like a perfect idea." I smiled softly before crashing my lips on his.

Jack didn't hesitate to kiss back. We both smiled during the kiss, holding each other's faces as we relished in the moment.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 5K 32
"I knew this would happen. I strictly said no feelings-." "'Just sex'," I air quoted. "Yeah, I know Jack but It's not my fault. I can't help who I ha...
1.2M 16.2K 60
COMPLETED- ignore the mistakes, I'm fixing those. First book of series Well this is a magcon fan fiction... Jack Gilinsky's younger sister Samantha...
501K 11.9K 47
You and Jack Gilinsky have been best friends for the longest time and he finally claims his love for you. But is it too late? Did his affection for y...
286K 5.4K 27
Danielle goes with her two best friends to meet her favorite internet famous guy, Taylor Caniff. When she meets him at a MAGcon, she feels a chemistr...