Caught in a Web

By JKsSkinnyJeans

Wander was living a mostly peaceful life in Mexico. She cared for her grandmother until she passed away and l... More

Author's Note
1 - Wander
2 - Sticking Around
3 - Fangs
4 - Fucked
5 - Change
6 - Legs
7 - Anger
8 - Gone
10 - Trust
11 - Frustrated
12 - Family

9 - Promise

379 7 1
By JKsSkinnyJeans

A/N: another long episode lol

Y/N POV:

I hummed slightly feeling Miguel caressing my back softly. He ran circles around my stitched back which was basically healed. I opened my eyes and gazed into Miguel's soft eyes. These are moments that make the risk worth it.

"Good morning hermosa," he whispered. I smiled leaning against his chest. "Good morning cariño."

I didn't make an effort to get up wanting to stay like this as long as possible. My stomach brought the moment to an end releasing a loud rumble. Screw hunger for ruining the peace. Miguel chuckled, "you want me to order some takeout, or would you prefer a home cooked meal?"

I contemplated my options and decided take out would be the safest bet considering my apartment had no food in it. "Take out, I'll order groceries later," I closed my eyes letting Miguel choose the restaurant and surprise me. He placed the order and put his phone down turning his attention back to me. He continued tracing circles on my back so I decided to make conversation to keep me from falling back asleep.

"How did you find me?" I asked with my eyes still shut. Miguel's hand froze for a second while he answered my question, "You left your wallet in your bag and I noticed you had a California Driver's license with this address so I thought you'd be here." I hummed in response to his answer.

"So why did you leave?" He asked. I opened my eyes and made eye contact with him. I thought for a second before answering his question, "I told you I felt trapped living with my parents. Well when I finally moved out and came to this apartment, it was my first time feeling free. I didn't have to worry about someone searching through my things or barging in without permission. This was my safe space. I didn't want to give it up willingly. When my grandmother became ill, my parents basically forced me to move in with her and care for her. They threatened to cut ties with me and I didn't feel ready for that. I still loved them after all. So I moved to Mexico but I secretly continued paying the lease on this apartment because I had hope of returning someday. My parents died and then my grandma died but for some reason I still hesitated to come back. I guess after you hurt me I was really desperate for the comfort of home, I gotta thank you for that otherwise I'd still be stuck in a place I didn't want to be."

He nodded and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. We talked for a while longer. I told him about my parents' car accident and how my brother moved to Colorado with his wife after the whole incident. He told me about how he became Spider-man being tricked into a drug addiction and his DNA splicing. Nice to know we both had traumatic experiences but somehow still ended up mostly alright.

There was a knock at the door and I rushed up to get the food. I opened the door to the same delivery guy from yesterday only this time he was holding a variety of dishes and two boba drinks in a cup holder. "Hi! I have your food but um I was wondering if maybe I could get your number?" He awkwardly asked. "Aww sorry I already have a boyfriend," I laughed taking the food.

"Oh. Well he's one lucky guy. If he's not around maybe I-"

"Maybe you could what?" Miguel appeared behind me taking the drinks from the delivery guy. The guy pierced his lips not daring to finish his sentence. Miguel leaned on the doorframe waiting for any sort of response. "Thanks for the food, but do yourself a favor and don't trouble her again in the future," with that he closed the door leaving me starstruck.

He handled that pretty well actually. "So I didn't know if you had any allergies or anything so I thought the safest bet was to just order some variety. There's sushi, dumplings, spring rolls, pastries, some cookies and there were even cake pops since it was sort of a cafe/restaurant and this pink, purple, and blue one reminded me of you so-

I captured him in a kiss feeling tears streaming down my cheeks. He kissed me tenderly but noticed my tears and pulled away, "hey, princesa what's wrong?" He asked lovingly. I simply pulled him into a hug and sniffled trying to calm myself. "You didn't cause a scene because the delivery boy asked for my number, you didn't get mad at me you just turned around and put all your attention on making sure the food is to my liking."

"Is that wrong?" He questioned with worry laced in his voice.

I simply laughed, "No of course not. I'm just not used to a not toxic relationship. Even with family there was always something ugly behind every beautiful moment. Thank you," I wiped the tears from my face and gave him the brightest smile I've had in a while.

He kissed my forehead and showed me the cake pop that caught his eye. I burst out laughing when I saw it, "Cariño you do realize this is a bisexual heart right?"

"Wait.... Are you not bi?" He questioned.

Wait, how'd he know? "Yeaaa but how did you know that?" No seriously how does he know. He rolled his eyes. "Hay mujer, you have a bisexual flag waving outside you apartment, a bi flag hanging above your bed and your suit is pink, purple, and blue. How could I not know."

...

"Touché," I giggled and took one of the boba teas from the cup holder. I poked the straw through and enjoyed the cold milky beverage. Miguel took a seat in one of the chairs at my table taking a sip of his own tea. I clutched my drink and took a seat in Miguel's lap who gladly wrapped his arms around me before reaching out to feed me food.

He fed me a bite of sushi which I savored and reached out to feed Miguel one as well. We finished all the dishes and saved the sweets for later. I put everything away except my cake pop which I carried with me to the couch where Miguel had set up a movie for us. I took a bite from the cake pop and held it out for Miguel to try. He smiled and took a bite humming in approval of the taste. We finished the rest of the cake pop and settled in to watch the movie. My head was leaned against Miguel's chest while his hand rested comfortably around my waist.

While the movie was playing I went on my phone and ordered groceries so we could cook a meal together later. I placed the order and turned my attention back to the screen.

As the movie came to an end we heard a knock at my door indicating the groceries were here. Miguel and I carried the bags in and began putting everything away. I decided to play some music while we organized.

Just as we finished putting away the last of the groceries, Propuesta Indecente by Romeo Santos played through the living room speakers. I loved dancing bachata and felt my hips move on their own as the song continued. Miguel stared at me mesmerized. Just as the chorus was about to start he reached out grabbing one of my hands and placing his other on my hip. He took the lead and danced the song with me.

I let myself get lost in the dance slowly closing the gap between us in the sensual dance. He spun me around and had me facing away from him with his crotch right behind me as we swayed our hips. He spun me once more this time pulling me in as close as possible dipping me forward with our lips less than an inch apart. My eyes were barely open as I gazed at him waiting for his lips to meet mine. He stared into my eyes waiting for a signal but instead I pulled his head in closing the gap between our lips.

He kissed me hungrily holding a tight grip around my waist and thigh. He slowly brought us up lifting me up and placing me on the counter without breaking the kiss. I held him close and let my hands roam from his neck to his chest and finally to his back trying to pull him even closer.

I felt myself leaning backwards on the counter while Miguel's lips travelled further down my neck. I let out a soft moan causing Miguel to pull back. He stared at me for a moment before pulling me into his chest. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and held out his hand for me to take. I was confused but placed my hand in his letting him lead me to the kitchen table. He pulled out a chair and motioned for me to take a seat.

I sat down and Miguel placed a kiss on my hand before letting go and turning his attention to the kitchen. "So what are you craving for dinner mi reina?" 'You' I thought but since I couldn't say that I opted for, "spaghetti and meatballs." It's been a while since I've had a more American kind of dish. "Consider it done," Miguel winked.

I giggled and watched him move around the kitchen collecting all the ingredients he needed. I walked into the living room and turned on a show. For some reason 'Kitchen Nightmares' seemed like the perfect show so played it in the background causing Miguel to laugh. "Is that Gordon Ramsey?"

"You've never seen Kitchen Nightmares?" I questioned. "Nope, is it a cooking show?" He naively guessed while beginning to boil the water for the pasta. "I mean, kinda?? Just listen, I think you'll like it," he shrugged and took my word for it doing various things at a time to prepare dinner.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS?!??" I laughed hearing Ramsey yell at some restaurant owners. Miguel assembled the meatballs while staring at the screen intrigued. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG THAT'S BEEN IN THERE?!!??"

Miguel looked so adorable making meatballs and watching the chef go off on the screen. I snuck a picture of him with his mouth slightly open looking entranced, setting it as my wallpaper.

The episode finished up around the same time Miguel finished the meal. He laid out the plates beautifully looking like something Ramsey would approve of. "Oh wait I forgot the best part," he rushed to fridge and pulled out a Mexican coke just like the one I'd bought the day we first met. "Aww where did you get that?"

"I bought it from the same place you did since you didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I thought this would be a grand enough gesture to get you to at least listen to me," I laughed and popped the bottle open pouring the beverage into two glasses. "Salud" I said clinking our glasses together. We chuckled and enjoyed the meal Miguel prepared.

Dang. This man can coooook. This is some of the best spaghetti and meatballs I've ever had.

We finish up the food and the coke so I clear the table and begin washing the dishes. Miguel wipes down the table and we finish quickly. As I'm drying my hands on a towel I hear Miguel clear his throat.

I turn my attention to him and see he's holding a small bag out to me. I walk over to him and carefully take the bag, curious as to what's inside. I open the bag and empty it's contents into my hand. Two handmade bracelets fall out. One is pink, purple, and blue while the other is blue, black and red. On each of the bracelets there's a small charm with half a heart. I stare at the bracelets in awe before looking up at Miguel with watery eyes. "I got these made for us at a stand near your house in Mexico. I wanted to give these to you as a promise that I will never hurt you again and that if you give me the chance to be yours, I'll put in the effort every day to make you happy and make us work. It's all up to you but if you'd grant me the honor, I'd love to be your boyfriend."

I felt the tears fall and felt my heartbeat quicken. Holy shit this is not a drill. Is this really what I want? I've been fucked over before. But he's putting in the effort. What if it's too good to be true? What if- im overthinking this too much. It's all a leap of faith, and I think I'm ready.

I looked Miguel straight in the eye and grabbed his right hand. I slipped the bracelet with my suit's color pallet onto his wrist and secured it in place. He watched me the whole time and smiled taking the other bracelet and securing it on my wrist. "I'm taking a leap of faith here and giving you my trust and my heart Miguel, please don't fuck me over."

"I promise that won't happen mi amor," he whispered reassuringly before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"I hope you keep that promise, cuz now you're my boyfriend," I stated happily.

"And you are my girlfriend. My amazing and lovely girlfriend," he whispered leaving soft kisses all over my face. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 1.1K 45
Just a bunch of Miguel O'Hara one-shots (Story #1 "Happy Anniversary" Chapters 1-4) Miguel abruptly ended your 4-year relationship. 8 months later yo...
3.2K 74 13
My name is [name]. I was bitten by a radioactive spider, and for the last 4 years I've been the one and only Spider-Man well not until now but that's...
57.2K 615 10
๐™‹๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ, ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™˜๐™š๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค, ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฎ...