champ : Vince Dunn

Autorstwa hayleigh_ewing

"That true.. champ?" "Get away from me, Kay." - - - Definition of 'Champ' noun: someone who has won first pla... Więcej

c h a r a c t e r s
p a r t o n e
p a r t t w o
p a r t t h r e e
p a r t f o u r
p a r t f i v e
p a r t s i x
p a r t s e v e n
p a r t e i g h t
p a r t n i n e
p a r t t e n
p a r t e l e v e n
p a r t t h i r t e e n
p a r t f o u r t e e n
p a r t f i f t e e n
p a r t s i x t e e n
p a r t s e v e n t e e n
p a r t e i g h t e e n
p a r t n i n e t e e n
p a r t t w e n t y
p a r t t w e n t y - o n e

p a r t t w e l v e

1.1K 17 11
Autorstwa hayleigh_ewing

January 1st, 2019.
St Louis Seattle
— — —

"Have a safe flight."

Vince pulled me in for a hug, rubbing circles on my back, "I'm gonna miss you." He sighed, pulling away.

"I'm gonna miss you too, I'll come see you as soon as I can, I promise." I shot him a small smile.

"Mm, keep me updated on college, I wanna be there for graduation.. if you get there." He shrugged.

I punched his shoulder, "first of all, you're an ass. Second of all, I will." I laughed. "I'm kidding, but for real, let me know how it goes." He nodded, pulling me in for another.

"Vince, I really have to go." I giggled, wrapping my arms around his waist as I laid my head in his chest. I let out the biggest sigh, looking up at him. "I'll see you later."

"Mhm, bye Kay." "Goodbye Vince."

We pulled away and I walked off, making my way to the plane.

Every time I turned around, he was still standing there, almost as if he refused to leave.

I sighed as I sat down in my seat, immediately feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

I pulled it out and saw a notification from Instagram seeing that Vince posted. I figured I'd scroll through the app for a little bit until the plane took off, and out of curiosity, I went to Vince's post, immediately seeing the picture of us.

— — —

•Instagram•

@ VinceDunn

Liked by: tiblais19, and 16,910 others.

VinceDunn: Until next time.. ☹️

View all 13,183 comments.

tiblais19: WHEN WAS THIS TAKEN?? WHO IS THAT????

_robbyfabbri: OH MY GOD !!!??

McKayDavis: Cute pic 😉
-VinceDunn: I think so too 😉

McKayDavis: The sad emoji was too much though
-VinceDunn: Really?
-McKayDavis: Absolutely
-VinceDunn: I'll keep that in mind for next time
-McKayDavis: Good 😁

McKayDavis: 💙
-VinceDunn: 💙

— — —

@ McKayDavis

Liked by: VinceDunn, and 19,207 others.

McKayDavis: Until next time St Louis 💙

View all 12,719 comments.

VinceDunn: Cute pic
-McKayDavis: Tell me about it

VinceDunn: BOOO YOU COPIED MY CAPTION
-McKayDavis: YOU COPIED MY COMMENT ??
-VinceDunn: Okay yea you're right
-McKayDavis: I know, you're welcome
-VinceDunn: 🙄

fan01: SHE WAS IN ST LOUIS??
-McKayDavis: I've been here since the 27th lmao
-fan05: So are you cleared ??
-McKayDavis: Wouldn't you all like to know?😁

———

@ tiblais19

Liked by: McKayDavis, and 17,921 others.

tiblais19: Well.. Happy New Years !!

View all 16,102 comments.

VinceDunn: 👀

McKayDavis: 👀

_robbyfabbri: WHO IS THATT ???
-McKayDavis: I don't know but she's hot huh
-tiblais19: Get out of my comments Davis
-McKayDavis: You post pics of me and I'm not even allowed to comment on them?? Wowww
-_robbyfabbri: THATS YOU??
-McKayDavis: Possibly, you'll never really know!

— — —

After a few hours, I had finally landed in Seattle.

I eventually got a ride back to my apartment, immediately texting Vince to let him know I had landed and just pulled up to my apartment, he replied with a quick 'thanks, miss you💙' message.

After I replied, I set my phone down and made some coffee, knowing I needed it.

Nobody left the party until about 3am, and my flight left a couple hours later. So I only had a couple hours to pack, and get to the airport, there was no time to sleep. Now, it was barely 11am, and I needed to study for a test I have tomorrow.

— — —

"I can't believe we have a test right after break, this is so stupid." Olivia scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Olivia was one of my best friends, we had met right after I decided to go back to college.

We became best friends instantly and even shared a dorm with each other before I went back for my second season in the NHL.

"Hey can I ask you something?" She spoke up.

"What's up?" I set the pen down and looked at my phone. "Your first season in the nhl, you didn't play that whole season right?" She asked.

"Nope," I shook my head, "that's why I was excited for this season, but then I got injured, so I've been in two seasons, and have yet to play a full one."

We laughed, even though we knew it wasn't funny.

"Maybe you should quit." She joked, shrugging as she picked up her phone. "Right, cause me being injured is a reason to quit." I nodded, sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, you've been playing for almost two years, and you haven't played a whole season.. are you really that good?"

I giggled, "the way you said that, made it sound like you were serious."

"I was."

I looked up at my phone, confused look on my face, "what?"

"Seriously Kay, let's be honest, they didn't want you to play the whole first season-" "I was in college Olivia, I couldn't just drop out."

"But you did! And then went back for your second season, and ended up injured in your second game. Maybe it's time to give up."

"You're the one who told me to-" "go make history, and you did! Congratulations McKay, I'm really proud of you, but you're not as good as you were when you started." She shook her head.

I scoffed, "you know that's bullshit, I'm-" "if you were really as good as you claim you are, you would have played an entire season by now." She shrugged.

"I just started! I have a lot more to prove, you can't just expect me to jump in and be the best player there is!"

"No, I didn't say that! I just expect you to do the things you say you're going to do."

"Like what? What did I say I was going to do?"

"Play hockey!"

That made me go silent.

"God Kay, you were drafted four years ago! Vince was drafted the same year, you guys debuted the same night, and he's better than you are!"

"He hasn't been injured-" "Right! That's my point! Just face it, this isn't working out for you."

I bit the inside of my lip, shaking my head.

"At the beginning of the season, you were good, I'll admit that," she nodded, "however you're not as good as you were when you debuted. The only reason you're still in the nhl, is because you're the only woman they have, and they want to push you to make everyone believe they made a good decision when they signed you."

"That's not-" "You know it's true. You can't sit here and say you're just as good as you were two years ago."

"Olivia, I'm fucking injured, I haven't played an actual game in like four months, since October! At the moment? No, I don't believe I'm just as good-"

"There you go! You-" "No, stop," I shook my head, "you weren't there at practice, and you should've been. Because if you were, you wouldn't be saying any of this."

She scoffed, "what are you talking about?"

"Five goals, against half of my own team. I played against some of our best players, and beat them five to one. You can't tell me-" "You got lucky Kay.. that, or they went easy on you."

"Alright, I don't have time for this Olivia, I'll see you tomorrow." I rolled my eyes and hung up.

I let out a deep sigh and sat back in my chair.

"Fuck."

— — —

6-14-23

MY FAVORITE PART IS
COMINGG!!! I HOPE YOU'RE
ALL READY FOR THE NEXT
FEW CHAPTERS LMAOOO

Hope you enjoyed <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

63.6K 1.3K 28
title pretty much explains most of it lol
51 4 5
(eh-nah-moh-rah-dah) adjective in love. 。.。:∞♡*♥ she has the worst attitude on her entire team, queen of the ice and the hawks. his team doesn't eve...
5.1K 108 20
' un·der·dog noun a person who has little status in society. ' IT 2017
25.8K 398 29
reck·less ˈrekləs/Submit adjective (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.