Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

By boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 10

548 21 0
By boxxieofbox

We hadn't been running for very long as we came up to the large blue garbage truck that had crashed. Starfire was quick to inspect every part of the truck. "Cyborg is not inside." She said as Robin held a device in his hand. "And his locator signal is being jammed. This doesn't make sense." Robin said as I bent down to a dandelion that was poking up between the cracks in the concrete. "This little guy didn't see anyone except Mumbo come out of the vehicle. You said his locator was acting up?" I asked and Robin nodded. "Maybe he's underground somewhere? It only takes a few feet underground to make someone lose signal for any devices they might have. My roots only go a few tens of feet below the city surface, and he's not anywhere in those regions. There's a good chance he might be farther down or somewhere I don't have access to." I said turning back to the others.

"I'm not sure if that's it." Robin said thinking hard as to what could've happened. "Why would Mumbo want to kidnap Cyborg?" Robin asked all of us. "Guys! Over here! I found something." Beast boy yelled. We all ran over to him as he held Mumbo's magician hat. "I wouldn't-" Robin was cut off as a huge swarm of white doves flew out of the hat leaving all of us covered in white feathers. "Way to go." Raven said annoyed. I pulled a large white feather out from between the branches in my skin before letting it fall to the ground. "At least it's just feathers and not something."

We'd been chasing Mumbo all throughout the city for who knows how long. "You know, I was kind of impressed by this guys powers and how well he sticks to his theme, but goddamn! This is just flat out annoying!" I said as I ran between Raven and Star who were flying. "Tell me about it." Raven said as she rolled her eyes. "Guys! Focus!" Robin said making me roll my eyes.

A bus disappeared and reappeared near us with a loud thud, and a mail box was running around letting white rabbits out. We all stopped as we watched the stranger things that were occurring around us. "I'll say this much for Mumbo, he's an easy act to follow." Beast Boy said with a smile and I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh. "That was a good one Beast Boy." I said and I noticed as he sent Raven a cocky grin.

"Oh I would commit myself to a life of muck shoveling in the filth mines of cornex if Cyborg could only be returned safely." Star said worrying for their friend. "He was malfunctioning. He shouldn't have been helping." Raven said and I noticed the guilt on Robin's face. "I tried to stop him, but he's Cyborg." Robin tried to explain. "Stop acting all sappy guys. If you keep acting like that then we really won't find him. We'll get him back." I said offering them a smile and they all nodded. "Mumbo Jumbo!" We heard our culprit yell in the distance.

We ran towards the source of the noise to see multiple atm machines spitting out money. And standing at the very last one was Mumbo himself. "Sorry folks-" Mumbo started to say as he gave a bow taking off his hat. His hat then acted like a vacuum sucking all of the money up. "No time for autographs." He said before running away. "Titans, get him!" Robin yelled and we all split up.

Branches came up from the ground and I used them to jump onto the roofs of the buildings. Thankfully from here I was able to see him clearly. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one with the idea. Robin was on the buildings next to me running across them.

Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire all had failed to get him, when it was finally Robin's turn. He jumped down from the roofs with his staff ready to fight. "Abracadabra!" Mumbo yelled making Robin's silver staff into a silver snake. I smirked at Robin as he yelled dropping the animal on the ground. Mumbo was about to run up a flight of stairs when I jumped in front of him. We both smirked at each other as we awaited each others attacks.

Deciding to be bold as I smirked at him. "I think it's time for the next act, Mumbo." I said as I raised my arms into the air. Stems and roots started to trap Mumbo starting from his ankles before going up and around his body. The plants formed a large tight ball around him capturing him entirely with almost no chance of escape. "And that's how you catch a-" A loud annoying high pitched laugh cut me off as I turned around to Mumbo running up the stairs behind me. "Wh-how did he-ugh!" I yelled as I made the plants go back into the ground. "What were you gonna say? That's how you catch a what?" Beast boy said while a branch popped out of my forehead and thorns poked out only a couple inches from my body. "This guy should really just stick to street magic." I said as we all continued to run after Mumbo.

Mumbo continued to jump across buildings and we all followed after him. Star, Raven, Beast Boy and I followed right behind him while Robin ran in front of him on a different set of buildings. "Abracadabra! Alakazam! Hocus pocus!" Mumbo yelled as bright beams shot towards each of us. Thankfully, they were all pretty easy to dodge.

"You'll never stop the amazing Mumbo! Never! Ne-" The blue man was floating dropping his guard just enough for Robin to grab his magic wand and snapping it in half. Just as easily as Robin had snapped the wand, the fight was over. Mumbo was screaming and crying while bags of money came shooting out of him. He slowly transformed back into the sad old man he truly was.

Robin grabbed the man by his shirt and pulled him up rather harshly. "No more tricks! Where is Cyborg?" Robin asked in a rather serious tone that I've heard one too many times. "How should I know?" The man answered. "Where is he?" Robin yelled. "You took him from the junkyard." Raven said. "What have you done with him?" Star fire added. "Nothing! Honest!" He said and I rolled my eyes at the answer. "When you broke the wand, you broke all my spells. Even if I had done something, it would be over now. Poof! He'd be standing right here!" The man said before letting out a pained groan as Robin let him drop to the floor.

"If Cy's not with him, then he's still back at-" Beast Boy started to say when all of us finished his sentence. "The junkyard!" "So do I still have to go to jail?" The man asked while we all glared at him. "I thought so."

We had made it back to the junkyard when Robin noticed something near where the truck had been. He jumped down into a large hole and we all stared waiting for him to say something. "His battery pack! He must've fallen down here." Robin said and we were all quick to jump down. "Star, can you give us some light?" Robin asked and the girl held up a glowing green hand. "Perci, can you try and give us an idea of where he could be down here?" Robin asked and I nodded.

I stuck my hand into the ground and waited a few seconds as my roots started to grow through the soil. A sharp sting made me pull my hand out of the ground. "You okay?" Robin asked as I inspected my hand making sure it wasn't damaged. "Yeah. Wherever Cyborg is it can't be good. I just got part of my roots blasted. However there is good news. The source is coming from down there. I'm not sure how far it goes or what we might face." I said and Robin nodded. "That's all we need to know. Good work." He said and I felt roses start to bloom on my cheeks. 'No, no, stop. We're not doing this.' I thought to myself. I quickly started to pull the petals out dropping them to the ground as the others called out for their friend.

We had been walking for about ten minutes. All of us were still shouting out for Cyborg when Robin let out a soft gasp. I looked up from the ground to see we were surrounded by robots that had glowing bright red lights. "Wow." Beast boy breathed out at the sight of the machines. "Uh, any of you guys seen a dude about this tall with one red eye and titanium body armor?" Beast Boy asked. "Uh...I don't think we're gonna get much out of these guys." I said while they slowly started to approach us.

"Teen Titans, go!" Robin yelled and we all started to fight off the robots. Starfire' slight kept going in and out, but thankfully I didn't need the light. Plants covered the area around me and I took a deep breath letting the plants tell me what was coming for me.

The robots seemed to be never ending as we fought all of them for awhile. I was starting to slow down when they all suddenly started to malfunction. The Teen Titans and I all had our backs to each other as we watched the robot army start to crumble. "Huh?" I heard Robin say. "Uh...that means we won right?" Beast Boy asked and I crotched down the pick up a piece of the robots. "Whoever made them stop is going to be a greater problem than just them." I said before turning to face the others. "Cmon, we have to find Cyborg." Robin said.

We all made it into a large metal room to see Cyborg crotched down on the ground. "Cyborg, are you okay?" Robin asked as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah." Cyborg said as they both stood up. 'I'm glad he's okay. This team definitely wouldn't be what it is without him.' I thought to myself.

"So beautiful." A robot said as they sat up from the ground. "I had forgotten how beautiful...the world...through your eyes." The robot said and Cyborg approached them. "Through human eyes. The same kind you have." Cyborg said crouching down. "Perhaps, I am the one in need of repairs." "And maybe I'm the guy who can help repair you." Cyborg said offering a hand to the robot.

We had finally made it back to the park. This time with a large blanket that rested on the grass with a picnic basket. Raven, Beast Boy, and Star were all seated on the blanket while I stayed on the grass. Robin stood next to me before sitting down on the grass. "So, what do you think of the team?" Robin asked and the others grew curious at his question.

"You guys definitely work together very well. I knew this before I saw you all like I did today. But you're all extremely close as well. While it can be seen as a weakness, I think it's quite the opposite. Each of you are strong on your own, but what normal people don't see is that you guys compliment each other." I said giving them a soft smile. "What do you mean?" Beast Boy asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Not just your powers, but how you guys are in your personalities is very complimentary. You know...opposites attract. Starfire and Raven power and personality wise. Beast boy and Cyborg power wise. You each have different components of your powers and personalities that are the opposite of each other making you guys an amazing team friendship and fighting wise." I explained marking them all look at each other.

"Who's Robin's opposite?" Star and Beast boy asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not really sure. You all have very similar qualities to wonder boy as well as differences. Like your strong senses of justice is something you all have in common, but none of you really ping me as an opposite attraction power or personality wise for him." I was going to add more when Cyborg interrupted. "Let's finish our game!" He yelled making Star, Beast boy, and Robin jump up. "Let me guess...referee?" I asked Raven with a smile and I was surprised to see her give me a very small one back. "Referee."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 12.9K 30
Do you believe in romance and friendship? Of fairytales and magic? Do you believe...in Peter Pan? - You still believe in a legend you hear of when y...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
152K 4.2K 75
Y/n Elemental Master of Wind always saving the city with her ninja friends what more could go wrong? (Cole x Fem Reader)
335K 5.8K 10
( Hello I'm doing a little re-writing! ) ➀ π‚πšπ¦π’π₯𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐒𝐠𝐚π₯ 𝐅𝐅 " it was always you mi todo " Y/n L/n and Camilo Madrigal have knew eac...