Things We Have in Common

By bridgerton_swiftie

"My heart ached for her when she wasn't near, but it skipped a beat when I saw her." It is Elizabeth Johnsto... More

Chapter 1 - Fresh Beginnings ๏ฟผ
Chapter 2 - Smiles
Chapter 4 - To Sir Phillip, With Hate
Chapter 5 - I Want, I Have, I Need, I Love
Chapter 6 - Second and Last
Chapter 7 - Tears
Chapter 8 - Slowly but Surely
Chapter 9 - Strange
Chapter 10 - I Missed You
Chapter 11 - Time Heals
Acknowledgments

Chapter 3 - Missing Bridgertons

904 25 1
By bridgerton_swiftie

It is both a blessing and curse to feel everything so very deeply.
-David Jones
_____________________________________________

.....Its nothing fun, he is quite funny I suppose. I do love him, and he is a good husband. I hope you find a wife while you travel. Maybe a dashing French girl will catch your eye.
A letter from Elizabeth to Daniel while he traveled in France.

The next day came and went. Samantha and I took a lovely walk into town where I bought her a new dress at the modiste. I knew she had been wanting one for quite some time and I knew it was the right time.

She stood up on the base in front of Madame Delacroix. She held her arms up and spun for measurements. I turned around when I heard the shop door open. And of course, it was Eloise and Lady Bridgerton, with another sister as well. Francesca.

Eloise saw me and waved her hand to come. I got up and told my sister I would be back.

"Hello Eloise and Lady Bridgerton, and you are Francesca right?" She nodded and stuck our her hand, "Thats right, Miss Johnston." I took it and added, "Please call me Lizzy."

"What are you doing here?" Eloise asked as her mother and sister looked around. "Waiting for my sister, she insisted having a new dress." I pointed to her behind the curtain, Eloise smiled, "Aw, she's adorable." I smiled, "And you?" She laughed and pointed at Francesca, "Getting her a dress, shes finally back from a trip and needs a new dress for dinner tonight." I looked over at Francesca, "How lovely. Im very excited for this evening." Eloise nodded, her hair was down and pulled back, she looked beautiful in the sunlight of the shop. I caught myself staring at her eyes again, but not for long.

"Lizzy! Look!" I turned around to look at Samantha, she looked so grown up in her dress. "Oh its beautiful Samantha! Thank you so much Madame Delacroix." I walked behind the curtain. "Of course mademoiselle."

After the dress was in the box, we walked back out to the main lobby area. I said goodbye to the Bridgertons, and left.

    As soon as my foot hit the side walk in front of the store, I missed Eloise's presence immensely. Samantha looked up at me, "Are they joining us for dinner tonight sister?" I looked at her and squeezed her hand, "Indeed they are."

"Im glad, I like the girl you were talking too." My heart had to of swelled, "Thats Eloise, and I do too." I definitely do.

We walked hand in hand to the carriage and road home in silence that was filled with joy.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

I put on my best dress. It was pink with small flower petals. Samantha sat on my bed in her new dress. She was playing with her small stuffed animals. I heard the doorbell ring. Samantha looked up and her eyes almost asked, "May I go down?" I swept her up into my arms and we went down. Ashton, Joy, Daniel, my mother, and Thomas stood waiting.

"Be on your best tonight everyone." Ashton said. Daniel laughed, "Alright my Lord." with a sarcastic bow. My mother grabbed his arm. Ashton opened the door.

    Viscount Anthony Bridgerton stood with his mother and Viscountess Kate Sharma-Bridgerton. "Lord and Lady Bridgerton, we are happy to welcome your family in." Anthony shook his hand, "Thank you for the invite." They walked in.

    Following was Benedict and...Eloise, looking as gorgeous as ever in the chandelier light. Her eyes looked around and settled on me. I waved and walked over.

    "Lizzy, please meet my rambunctious brother, Benedict." He bowed and began, "Pleasure Miss, and I promise whatever she has told you about me isn't true." He already reminded me of my own brother. I laughed and motioned Daniel to walk over.

    "Benedict, this is my brother Daniel who is also quite rambunctious." They shook hands and began a conversation. "Another thing we have in common, insane brothers." Eloise told me. She stood close, but not close enough.

    Francesca stood near her. "Francesca, it is very nice to see you again." She walked over, "You as well, your home is lovely." I said my thank you's. I noticed one of the Bridgertons were missing. Daphne. Before I asked, I felt a tug at my dress, I almost forgot Samantha stood behind me, "Oh, this is my younger sister, I am sure you remember, Samantha." Francesca and Eloise bent down. "Hello Miss Samantha. Your dress is exquisite!" Francesca said in a dramatic tone. Samantha did a small curtsy, "Thank you Miss Bridgerton! Your is exquisite as well!" Francesca put her hand on her chest, "Mine?! No never, yours beats mine."

    Eloise came back up, "I think Fran enjoys your sisters company." Samantha was already dragging Francesca into the parlor to show her toys, "Don't bore her to death little one." Daniel shouted as they went in.

"Alright everyone! Dinner will begin in the short of ten minutes." My mother said. Her and Lady Bridgerton went into the parlor. Ashton and Joy stood and talked to Anthony and Kate. Thomas, Gregory, and Hyacinth were already running to the back yard. Daniel was guiding Benedict to the library.

"I suppose its just the two of us now." Eloise said with a grin. I could have fainted. My breath caught, "Yes just the two of us." Awkward silence filled the air. "Ill show you my room." She took my hand, she had no glove on and her skin was soft against my own. We walked upstairs into my chambers. "Its very pretty Liz." She said looking at my bookshelf. I looked at the wonder in her eyes as she dragged her finger along the spines. 
"Oh! I know this one. May I?"

    "Please do." She took one out. I had read it quite a few times, it was a series. A Heartbreak of Amsterdam. It was a forbidden love story, not the Juliet and Romeo type.

"I have read all of them." I grabbed the rest of the series from my bookshelf, "Take them. And don't mind my annotations. I think you will enjoy them." She smiled. The smile I loved.

"Thank you so much Lizzy, I know I have only known you since yesterday but it feels I have known you so much longer." I blushed a soft pink, "I feel the same way Eloise." She took a step back realizing how closer we were. My heart dropped, did I do something? "We are going to be late to dinner." I let out a breath, "Oh yes." She grabbed both my arms, "Come on, and beware, my family at dinner will surprise you." Mine will as well.

At the base of the steps, a knock came to the door. I opened it and there she was, Daphne Basset, Duchess of Hastings. She bowed, "My deepest apologies Miss Johnston." Eloise put her hands on her hips, "Thought you'd never show sister." Daphne seemed out of breath,  

     "No apology needed, it is understandable. Please call me Elizabeth." Benedict stepped out from the library with Danny behind him, "Daph! Your just in time for dinner!" She came in and followed us to the dining room.

"Daphne! I didn't think you would make it." She hugged her mother and looked at mine, "Lady Johnston, I am so sorry for my tardiness." My mother came over to Daphne, "Nonsense dearest. Please sit."

    We all took our places, at the head of the table was Ashton, and the other end was my mother. Daniel sat on my left with Samantha at my right. Thomas sat in front of me. Eloise sat beside Benedict and Anthony towards the end of the table. In my head I went through all their names, Anthony, Benedict....C? Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth. Wait, who is C? I couldn't think of hearing any other name. They never mentioned another brother. Maybe there wasn't one and they skipped the C. That didn't make sense. Perhaps I will ask Eloise later.

I caught Eloise look at me several times. She talked with Benedict most of the time. Daniel loudly gulped his wine, I elbowed him. "Daniel!" He doubled to the side, "Ouch! What?!" He sat the glass down.

"You gulp loudly." I whispered, he rolled his eyes. He slouched a little to get down to my level, "Don't they have another brother?" He asked. I swear we share some braincells. "I was thinking the same thing."

"Perhaps I shall ask." He sat up quickly, "Daniel no." He cleared his throat, "Um, my Lord..." Anthony looked over, "Call me Anthony, what is it?" Daniel glanced at me, "Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have another brother?"

     The Bridgertons all smiled but Daphne was the one to answer, "We do, Colin. He is unfortunately away at the moment with his wife. I am sorry no one mentioned him." That made the most sense, I noticed Eloise almost flinch at the hearing of his wife. It was Penelope Featherington. I believe her and Eloise use to be much acquainted. Maybe there was a fallout between the two.

    "Good to know, I will have to meet this Colin fellow." Daniel said with a smile. I smiled too but something was bothering Eloise. It almost worried me too.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

After dinner, the Bridgertons left. Eloise and I made plans to meet for lunch the next day. I was quite excited, every time I was around her, I felt butterflies inside me. Her gaze upon me made my heart ache. I could have smiled every moment she looked at me.

    I couldn't like her, romantically. It would never be allowed. Maybe Id just enjoy her friendship. But it always felt more than that.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 3.7K 13
-๐…๐‹๐Ž๐–๐„๐‘ ๐๐‘๐„๐’๐’๐„๐’ แต‰แตˆสทโฑโฟแตƒ หขสฐแตƒสณแตแตƒ '๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™—๐™š๏ฟฝ...
28.1K 1.2K 14
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
5.4K 271 7
All Is Fair In Love And War. Lord Anthony Bridgerton, the formidable head of the Bridgerton family, sets forth on a quest to secure a worthy spouse...
59.2K 3.3K 12
๐ˆ ๐ ๐š๐ณ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐จ๐ง ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ž ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐ž, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ข...