She Who Has Received The Roar...

By readiliketo

-{She who has received the roar, shall bring Magic to all where there was none before. }- Amy is whisked alon... More

1 ~ Edmund, Is it?
2 ~ What is this place?
3 ~ Welcome to Narnia
4 ~ The prophecy
5 ~ What Horn?
6 ~ An odd coincidence
7 ~ A Distraction
8 ~ Tossing and Turning
9 ~ Lucy's Dream
10 ~ His sweet embrace
A/N: Can you help me decide?
11 ~ I have the Roar.
12 ~ A Perfect Moment
13 ~ The Night Raid Part 1
14 ~ The Night Raid Part 2
15 ~ A mysterious dream
16 ~ White Witch
18 ~ The plan
19~ They lurk in the shadows
20~ Tactics
21 ~ Lion hunters

17 ~ A Beautiful View

178 7 26
By readiliketo

Each of us grabbed a cube.

"Turkish delight, Huh?" Edmund said chuffed with my choice of confectionery.

I nodded, my jaws glued shut due to the thick, rich texture of the sweet.

We stayed in there and chatted for a while, enjoying what seemed to be in the moment, normality.

___

After our conversations in the chamber we dispersed, Caspian and Susan to archery practice, Peter training the troops and Lucy with the younger Narnians.

Edmund and I, of course, left together. He had agreed to teach Me how to ride a horse on my own, after much pleading.
I followed him through the Fort and out to where the horses were grazing.

We made our way over to a magnificent steed, its golden brown mains reflected the midday sunshine, casting a warm aura where they stood.

"You do remember how to get on, don't you?" Edmund questioned me.

I nodded with a smile, and putting my feet in the stirrups I hoisted my way up onto the saddle, making sure to sit up very straight.

Edmund raised his eyebrows "Good form." And began to Mount the horse also.

I couldn't get what peter had said to me earlier off my mind, I mean I knew I liked Edmund, like a lot. But I didn't think he liked me back?! I didn't even know if what peter said was the truth or if he meant it in a friendly way, but I could not get it out of my head.

"Are you alright?" Edmund chuckled, from behind me, noticing I had sort of zoned out.

"Yes, sorry." I forcibly pushed my thoughts aside "what do I do now, just pull the reins?"

"Sort of" he grinned "but slow down, first of all you need to make sure you are sat properly, you've got perfect posture." He paused "make sure your legs are positioned properly, your heels should be aligned under your hips" and he leaned to the side to check, holding gently onto my waist for balance.

"Okay good" Edmund spoke "Now. The reins." I gripped them firmly, earning a chuckle from behind me "someone's eager" he commented under his breath fully aware that I could hear him.
He wrapped the reins around my hand gently. "To set off, tap the horses side with your heels"

I did as he said and the horse began to gallop across the grassy field.

"Edmund! What am I supposed to do now?!" I panicked as we were moving across the clearing at an alarming pace.

"You finally get to pull the reins, gently. Tell him which way you want to go." He said through a audible smile, over the pounding of hooves.

I cautiously pulled back the reins and was able to maneuverer our steed off the field and down a narrow clearing just off the edge of the field.

I felt so free and youthful riding through the thick forest, my hair began swaying gracefully as we dove through the fresh crisp air, onward into the woodland. I could not help but smile, I felt so close to my father, he had most likely ridden through these woods, feeling as exhilarated as I did. I was undefeatable, able to go anywhere, do anything.

I laughed, sounds of pure joy escaping from my very soul  as we ducked under a draped branch "Ed this is amazing!" 

He chuckled behind me, then gasped slightly.

"What's wrong?!" I questioned keeping my eyes ahead.

"Don't worry," he replied taking hold of the reins over my hands. "I think I know where we are."

And he begun to steer the steed in a path he obviously knew well, transporting us over a small bubbling brook and under low hanging branches, around mossy tree groves and through clearings filled with vibrant wildflowers.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked, intrigued at how far we had wandered from the base.

"You'll see." He said in reply.

We began to ascend in altitude, and vast views gradually became apparent through the thick knots of branches.

"It's a bit more overgrown than I remember" Edmund chuckled behind me.

Eventually we came to an ancient oak tree just by the top of the green mountain we had been ascending. Edmund showed me how to bring the horse to a halt, and we dismounted, leaving it to graze on the thick mountain grass.

"What is this place?" I asked, trying to peer through the drooping branches and the blanket of leaves before me.

"I used to come here a lot, to clear my head." As he said this he gently took my hand and parting the trees outstretched arms with his other, he led me under the viridescent canopy. "It was my favourite tree to sit under and watch the day pass Narnia by, of course its much, much bigger now."

"Yeah... return somewhere thirteen hundred years later and things might be a bit different." I giggled, and Edmund sarcastically rolled his eyes.

Time seemed to stand still as we peered across what seemed to be all of Narnia, I gazed in wonder at the tremendous view before us. Up here the noble looking mound was clearly visible, so was the tall Telmarine castle that seemed to emerge from the great wood to its west. The sun hung perfectly above us, warming all that it shone upon, casting small shimmering strobes of light through the canopy of oak leaves. 

"Its beautiful" I said in awe. Edmunds eyes brimmed with nostalgia as they met mine.

"Its a shame that the tree blocks some of the view" He responded glancing around at the canopy that curtained the sky.

I smiled excitedly and once again taking his hand said "I can fix that" 

We walked over to the wide tree trunk and I placed my palm onto the bark. 'Take us up please.' I instructed inside my head, and sure enough a mighty branch came down to collect us before taking us to the top of the treeline.

Up here the view was truly breath taking, trees appeared to be tiny dots of colour lining the distant peaks, variations of emerald, olive, sage and pine all blended into one magnificent gradient. Everywhere I looked I saw new and exiting views, I wanted to stay here in Narnia, with Edmund and experience everything,  go everywhere. Turning around I squinted my eyes and was surprised to spot the ruins of Cair Paravel, the white architecture protruded perfectly from the overgrown costal island I imagined Cair Paravel looked simply stunning in its prime. My eyes were then drawn to the shimmering ocean, it was so vast, it seemed to hug the edge of the horizon, lingering in my view. However, there was only one view I was captivated by, only one view I could never bore of. I Gazed at it and it smiled back at me, rewarding me with that glimmer in its eyes that I so adore. That view was Edmund.

"This view never gets old." Edmund said taking a breath of the crisp mountain air.

"Well only by thirteen hundred years." I responded just to annoy him.

He gave me a smirk, shaking his head. "that was so bad" As he spoke he began to giggle "Maybe leave the jokes to the professional" And he gestured to himself.

"Professional... Sure" I responded, And we both erupted into laughter, so much so in fact that I lost my footing and began to slip, realising this, Edmund managed to catch my hand and pull me in onto the thin branch, with a light laugh.

"how did you manage that?" He questioned and I shook my head still laughing.

The smiles on our faces had not yet faded, and we both seemed to be living still in the previous moment, still laughing. We were pressed against each other growing closer by the second, our fingers tangled tight, our breathing in sync, our smiles wide. Our eyes were focused on nothing but each other, I could have gazed at him like that for hours.

"Seems we've gotten ourselves into a familiar situation." Edmund said holding my waist perfectly.

He chuckled and pulled me closer. I could feel his warm breath on my smile, his eyes had such a miraculous twinkle to them, and his hair danced flawlessly in the gentle Narnian breeze. He gazed into my eyes so kindly, his smile was so warm, I felt at home.

"Yeah." I responded snaking my arms onto of his shoulders, my hands connecting behind his neck. "But this time, Peters not here to interrupt us..."

Warmth blossomed within my stomach, And I couldn't help but kiss him. His lips felt soft, velvety and as he smiled into the kiss my soul sparked with glee. I closed my eyes, infatuated in the moment. His hand roamed up my back as he attempted to press us closer. Kissing him made my mind go blank. I wanted to stand here forever, in his arms, kissing his lips. It was a perfect moment.

Much to our disliking our lips parted, as we took a much needed breath. His forehead fell gently upon mine and we stood like that, holding each other, smiling, for a while.

"If I didn't just make it obvious Amy," He begun to say lifting his head "I really, really like you" My smile widened and he spoke again. "And I'm assuming, the way you just kissed me means... You like me back?"

I giggled at his raised eyebrow and silly question.

"Of course I like you, Ed" I giggled gazing up at him. "I really, really like you." I continued, copying his confession which earnt a laugh. "Sorry if um," I paused and Edmund brows furrowed at my immediate apology "sorry If I was a bit bad Edmund, I've never done anything like that before."

He smiled at me for a moment then leaned in "you, were amazing. And, that was my first kiss too."

"What?! You, King Edmund of Narnia didn't kiss anyone during your fifteen years reign?" I asked attempting to conceal my glee.

"The Just." He sarcastically corrected me, as I widened my eyes in disbelief.

 "Its King Edmund The Just. Actually." He continued, with an entitled grin.

"For Aslans sake Ed" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay" he chuckled "I mean, I courted lots and lots of women but nothing lasted, none of them actually liked me." He looked rather melancholy for a moment. "You're different, you're actually interested in getting to know me, and I can talk to you so easily." He smiled. And I took hold of his hand.

We sat down on the branch, gazing out at the veiw with the fresh narnian wind brushing our faces lightly.

"I'm really glad you're here, you know?" He said quietly, rubbing his thumb softly in circles on the back of my hand.

In response I nestled my head onto his shoulder as we watched all of Narnia. "I never would have guessed that the cute boy behind me in English lessons was a king" I chuckled.

"I never would have guessed that the pretty girl in front of me in school was a living prophecy" He laughed in response.

Edmund continued to talk, meanwhile i had spotted something rather sinister and worrying emerging from the woods outside the telmarine castle "I told you, Narnia has a funny way of working things out" he recalled.

"Edmund!" I pressed my finger to his lips, a shocked expression befell him. "Look," I pointed. "the Telmarine army"

And we both watched in horror as thousands of armed  soldiers emerged from the wood surrounding the castle, and began to march in the direction of our base.

"We have to warn the others." Edmund said in a serious tone. "This is bad."

And I lowered us to the floor. quickly we mounted our horse and began to race back through the forest, over cackling creeks, atop of snapping sticks and through harsh, scraping nets of branches. 

Edmund was sat in front of me riding the horse faster than I thought possible, Meanwhile I was trying my hardest to grip onto him. Everything seemed to be against us, the wind smacked into our eyes as we rode causing tears to brim, blurring vision. It knifed at our knuckles giving Edmund great difficulty with the reins and causing me a struggle to hang on.

Eventually we made it safely to the mound and rode directly in on the steed, with no time to dismount. We flew through the corridors and torchlit passage ways into a battle planning room where we found Peter, Susan, Caspian and Lucy with a few centaurs and other Narnians.

"Peter!" Edmund began to shout out of breath.

"Woah hold your horses" Peter attempted to joke.

"There coming!" I said loudly, and Peters face dropped. All heads turned to look at us with a mix of worried, frightened and grave expressions.

"The Telmarines," Edmund continued my point "They found us"

___

A/N: Sorry I took a while to update, I was struggling to write the kissing scene because well ive never kissed anyone, so with a bit of reading romance novels and some googling I think it turned out okay? Let me know what you thought!

Thankyou so so much for reading I cannot believe we are almost at 1000 reads! I am genuinely so grateful to every single one of you <3

I have finished Exams and school now for the summer so Expect more frequent updates!! YAY! See you next chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 1K 36
Amelia was sent to stay with her uncle when world war 2 broke out. Her uncle's house is big and has many secrets and Amelia absolutely loved being th...
211K 6.6K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...
159K 3.2K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...
2.4K 32 15
1300 years after they are first called, the Pevensies are brought back to the land they once ruled over. A group of pirates who had journeyed throug...