Naruto x M! Reader

By simonchip

"Keep this, M/n. If you are in danger, call it out and they would save you." The woman said as she locked the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

184 8 0
By simonchip

The group were on a boat, sailing in thick fog.

M/n and Naruto were sitting in front of everyone, almost to the edge.

"This fog's so thick, you can't see anything." Sakura exclaimed while at the same time whispering.

"Are we even going in the right direction?" M/n sighed as he put his head on the palm of his hand.

The boat owner looked at everyone.

"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, The Land of Waves."

The fog began to clear up, revealing the huge unfinished bridge.

"Woah! It's huge!" Naruto yelled, fascinated.

"What? Quiet! I told you, no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing, moving through the dense fog so they don't see us." The boat owner scolded Naruto.

M/n whistled. "I'm impressed, old man. I guess being a drunkard can make you construct a whole bridge."

Tazuna felt a tick mark appear on his forehead. "Shut it, you rascal!"

"Mr. Tazuna... before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop ashore." Kakashi said as he looked at Tazuna.

Everyone stared at Tazuna, who looked down.

"I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the truth." Tazuna said.

Tazuna explained who was after him and what they wanted from him. His name was Gato, the wealthiest business leader. He's from very famous company but below the surface, he's a ruthless man who takes over businesses and nations. He sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja.

When Gato came to The Land of Waves, he used his money to take total control of their transport and shipping. He was after Tazuna because he wanted him dead. Gato fears that if Tazuna completed the bridge, he would break out of the village's control.

"So that's it. Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way." Sakura restated.

"That means those guys we fought in the forest, they were working for Gato." Sasuke said.

Naruto and M/n made a hum sound. Naruto still confused while M/n got it.

"I don't understand. If you knew he was dangerous, knew he'd send ninjas to eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?"

"Because The Land of Waves is a small and poor nation. Even our nobles have little money. The common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B-rank mission. It's too expensive. If you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there will be no bridge. They'll assassinate me before I reach home. But don't feel bad about that. Of course, my sweet little grandson will be upset. He'll cry."

Tazuna imitated a child's cry, wailing for their grandad.

The four Genin deadpanned at Tazuna.

"Oh, and my daughter will condemn the Ninja of The hidden Leaves, denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow."

Everyone groaned.

"Oh, well. it's not your fault. Forget it."

'What a sly old man.' M/n and Naruto side-eyed each other as if they were thinking the same thing.

Kakashi sighed and a scratched his headband plate. "Well, I guess we have no other choice. We'll have to keep guarding you."

"Oh, I'm very grateful." Tazuna said, acting surprised at Kakashi's agreement.

"We're approaching the shore." The boat owner told Tazuna. "Tazuna, we've been very fortunate. No one has noticed us so far."

"Nice going."

They entered a tunnel. As they neared the end of it, the fog was gone, revealing a circle of houses around the water.

When they reached the boardwalk, the group got out of the boat.

"That's as far as I go. Good luck."

"Right. Thank you for taking such a risk." Tazuna thanked the boat owner.

"Just be careful." The boat owner said before he turned on his motor and sailed away.

"Okay. Take me to my home, and I mean get me there in one piece." Tazuna stated.

"Right."

Time Skip

The group were walking through the forest on an empty tree path.

Naruto was in the front. He glared at Sasuke, before running up ahead of the group and looking around. The group stopped at looked at him.

"Uh, what are you doing, Naruto? Did you see a rat or something?" M/n asked, cocking his head to the side.

Naruto grabbed a kunai and threw it at a bush. "Over there!"

Everyone except M/n looked at him, freezing like a deer in headlights.

"Hm. It was just a mouse." Naruto hummed, not noticing a growling Tazuna and Sakura were glaring at him.

"Mouse? Yeah, right! Everyone can see through your stupid act! You're so obvious, it's embarrassing!" Sakura yelled at him.

"Naruto, those are kunai knives. They're dangerous!" Kakashi warned.

"Stop trying to scare me, you scruffy little dwarf!" Tazuna growled at the blonde Genin.

"Hey! Is someone hiding over there?" Naruto yelled as he looked at something but then turned his head over at something else. "No! They're over there!"

Tick marks appeared on Tazuna and Sakura's forehead.

"Over there!" Naruto threw a kunai at a bush.

"That's it, Naruto!" Sakura yelled angrily as she punched Naruto's head.

"Ah! Wha-? Why'd you do that? Someone really is following us. I mean it!" Naruto defended himself.

"Yeah, right. Quit lying and acting like a dumb kid!" Sakura shouted.

M/n neared next to Kakashi, looking where Naruto threw the kunai. It laid a scared bunny with the kunai lodged into the tree right above his head.

"I think you traumatized a rabbit, Naruto." M/n pointed out as he glance at his friend.

Sakura walked over and saw the rabbit. "Ah, Naruto! Look what you did!"

Naruto stammered when he saw the rabbit. He ran towards it and picked it up. He hugged it and apologized to it.

"All this fuss over a rodent?" Tazuna grumbled.

M/n snorted and grabbed a mochi from his bag.

Suddenly, Kakashi yelled at the group. "Look out!"

Out of nowhere, a massive sword came flying towards the group. Everyone ducked down to the ground, avoiding the sword.

The sword flew right into a tree, getting caught on it. A dark skinned man appeared on top of the sword.

The man was shirtless and had bandages wrapped around his mouth. He had cow prints around his arms and his ankles. He glanced at the group, acting all mysterious.

"I think he likes cows." M/n muttered towards Sakura.

"Well, well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi, rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist." Kakashi said.

Naruto was about to run towards Zabuza but he got blocked by Kakashi.

"You're in the way. Get back." Kakashi warned as he had his arm out in front of Naruto.

"But why?!" Naruto exclaimed back.

"He's not like those other ninja. He's in a whole other league. If he's out opponent, I'll need this." Kakashi brought his hand up to his headband, dramatically.

"This could be treacherous."

"Kakashi of the Sharingan Eye. Did I get that right?" Zabuza taunted.

Sasuke gasped and looked at Kakashi.

"It's too bad, huh? But you'll have to hand over the old man."

'Isn't the Sharingan the Uchiha's Kekkei Genkkai? What is Kakashi-Sensei doing with it?' M/n thought as he licked the mochi filling.

"Now, quick! Kanji formation. Protect the bridge builder, and stay out of this fight. I taught you teamwork. Now it's time to use it." Kakashi ordered as he lifted his headband.

It revealed his closed eye with a scar over it. He opened it, showing a red eye with three tomoe.

"I'm ready."

"Well, looks like I get to see the Sharingan in action. This is an honor." Zabuza said as he turned his body around, facing the group.

"Everyone keeps saying "Sharingan, Sharingan." Will someone please tell me what Sharingan is?" Naruto demanded.

"Sharingan. A rare power that resides in the eyes. The user of this visual Jutsu, or dojutsu can instantly see and comprehend any genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu, and reflect the attack back on the attacker. The Sharingan is a special, rare form of dojutsu. However, there's more to the Sharingan than that, a lot more." Sasuke finished with a monotone voice.

"You got it right, boy. But you only scratched the surface. The Sharingan can analyze an opponent's technique, and then copy it to the smallest detail." Zabuza added.

Mist began to envelop the area.

"As for you, Jonin, in the assassination unit of the Hidden Mist, we had a standing order to destroy you on sight. Your profile was on our bingo book. It called you, 'The man who copied over 1,000 Justus.' Kakashi, the Copy Ninja."

M/n's eyes shined with stars on them. 'Wow. If I stick with Kakashi-sense maybe I'll be famous too.' M/n grinned as he imagined a mob of people chanting his name. He gulped down the last bite of his mochi.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Naruto cheered, M/n following his lead.

"Right, we have a famous sensei!" M/n chirped.

"Enough talking. I need to exterminate the old man, now." Zabuza growled as he positioned himself.

Tazuna gasped, which the four Genin appeared around him, each holding a kunai.

"So, I'll have to eliminate you first, eh, Kakashi? So be it." Zabuza grabbed his sword and disappeared.

"He's over there!"

"Standing on the water!"

Zabuza stood on the water and brought his arm up while the other was on his mouth. A whirlwind of mist began to go around his body.

Suddenly, he disappeared, leaving a leaf swaying on its position.

"He vanished!" Naruto stated.

"Sensei!"

"He'll come after me first." Kakashi warned as he stared out in the water.

"But, who is he?" Sakura asked.

"Zabuza Momochi, the ex-leader of the Hidden Mist Assassination Unit. He's a master of the silent killing technique."

"S-Silent?" Naruto stuttered, feeling a bit of fear consume his body.

"As the name suggests, it happens in an instant without sound or warning of any kind. It's so fast, you pass from this life without realizing what has happened. The Sharingan cannot fully neutralize it, so don't lower your guard."

Sakura and Naruto gasped.

'Oh, wow, he's so cool! I'm going to make him teach me.' M/n thought as he had sparkles around him. 'That's if he doesn't kill me, and Kakashi probably won't let me.' He sulked.

"Well if we fail, we only lose our lives." Kakashi nonchalantly said.

"How can you say that?!" Sakura scolded.

The mist started to get thicker, making it harder to see.

"The mist is getting thicker and thicker!"

"The Land of Waves is surrounded by ocean. The swirling mists are ever present." Tazuna spouted.

The mist became so thick, it enveloped Kakashi, which the Genin couldn't see him anymore.

"Sensei!" Sakura yelled.

"Eight points." Zabuza's low and dark voice said from the mist. "Larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, subclavian artery, kidneys, heart. Now, which will be my kill point?"

Suddenly, a huge wave of chakra came, blowing the mist away. The Genin could see that Kakashi made the wave.

Sasuke began to shiver. Gripping his kunai tightly, he tried to bring it close towards him, the sharp edge facing him but his wrist got grabbed.

"Calm down." M/n muttered towards the black haired male. He gently brought his wrist down, slowly.

"Sasuke! Calm down, I'll protect you with my life. All of you. I will not allow my comrades to die." Kakashi turned his head to look at his team. "Trust me."

Sasuke loosened his grip on the kunai, which made M/n to let go of his wrist.

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Out of nowhere, Zabuza appeared in between the Genin and Tazuna, shocking them.

"It's over."

Zabuza was about to swing his sword at the group, but they moved away in time. Kakashi appeared, stabbing Zabuza in the process.

The Genin all looked surprised as Zabuza's wound started to drip of water. Zabuza then appeared behind Kakashi.

"Sensei, behind you!" Naruto pointed behind the Jonin.

The clone that Kakashi stabbed emerged in water. The real Zabuza swung his massive sword towards Kakashi.

"Die!"

He cut Kakashi in half. However, Kakashi's body turned into water as well. Kakashi stepped behind the sword holder and pointed a kunai on his neck.

"Don't move. Now, it's over. You're finished." Kakashi stated towards the assassin.

"All right!" Naruto cheered, while a smile creeped up on Sakura's lips.

"No..." M/n trailed off, staring at Zabuza. "An assassin like him can't be beaten that easily."

As on cue, Zabuza started to laugh darkly.

"The brat is right. Finished? You really don't get it, do you? Your technique is nothing but a crass imitation. I'll never be defeated by a mere copycat ninja like you. You are full of surprises, though. You'd already copied my water clone Jutsu when you made your little speech. Very skillfully executed. You made your clone to say those words to draw my attention, while you were hidden in the mist, waiting for me to make my move. Nice try, but I'm not that easy to fool."

Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi, shocking him. The clone that Kakashi trapped, exploded into water.

"Hey, that one's a clone too!"

Zabuza swung his sword at Kakashi, who avoided the attack. He grabbed his sword to give himself a boost and kicked Kakashi away.

The Jonin landed into the lake, Zabuza following right behind him.

"Sensei!" Naruto yelled.

"He has great physical skill too." Sasuke muttered, staring at where Zabuza dipped.

Kakashi sat up from the lake, the water dripping from his hair into his arms. Zabuza appeared behind him, creating hand signs.

A sphere of water was drawn from the surrounding lake and trapped Kakashi inside. Zabuza had his right hand submerged within it.

"This prison is made of water, but it's much stronger than steel. It's hard to fight when you can't move. So much for the great Kakashi. I'll finish you off later. But first, your little friends will have to be eliminated." Zabuza spoke as he turned his attention towards the Genin.

'Uh oh.' M/n thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
315K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 33.7K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...