Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

By boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 7

657 24 2
By boxxieofbox

Third pov:

A loud yawn left Beast Boy's mouth as he left his room. He scratched his head tiredly taking a deep breath. He suddenly sniffed the air confused before a bright smile appeared on his face. "Cy, must already be up making breakfast!" Beast Boy said to himself making his way towards the kitchen. He was about to walk in when a voice coming from the kitchen made him stop.

"I'm going to be late on my delivery this week...y-yes I-" Beast boy peeked his head around the corner to see Night Shade standing in the kitchen. The room was extremely dark and the only lights coming from the kitchen. He glanced confused at the blackout shade that was down over their large window. Night Shade was in what he assumed was her pjs. He noticed all the food on the stove and her ear pressed against her shoulder while her one hand worked on the food she'd been making.

Beast Boy got distracted as a light laugh left her mouth. "I'm fine. I-I...you know I'm a bad liar." She said giving another small laugh. "But I'm going to be late on my delivery this week. I'm actually on my way out of town right now...again I'm fine. I just had a sort of thing pop up...no it's really nothing to worry about...It's not important enough to talk about but it's important enough to leave town...Hey I didn't disappear last time! I had a few errands to run and I forgot my charger...yeah, yeah, sure."

Beast boy noticed others watching the girl. He looked up and saw Cyborg and Star fire also peeking around the corner at the girl. "Who's she talking to?" Cyborg whispered making the others shrug their shoulders. "Is she the one making all the delicious smells?" Starfire asked and Beast Boy nodded. "What is she up to?" Beast Boy said still suspicious about Night and her intentions.

"Can you wait a few days for them or do you need everything now? Are you sure? Because I can easily pull a few strings and get those for you...alright, but I'm throwing in extra baby's breath, tulips, roses, and carnations-no! Don't fight me on this one. You're getting extras whether you like it or not. If you try to give me extra money for them, I'm giving it right back to you, and I'm adding more to the next order." Another light laugh came from her as she grabbed the phone from her shoulder and held it up to her other ear. The titans hid behind the corner as her side started to turn to where they were. "I'll call you when I'm on my way back...alright I'll call you every other day...you want me to call everyday? I've said it once and I'll keep saying it until you believe me. I didn't disappear off the face of the Earth. Will you drop the disappearing thing if I call you everyday? Okay, everyday it is then. Uhuh...okay...say hi to Beef for me and tell him he's an idiot. Okay, call you tomorrow." With that a light sigh left the girls mouth as she hung up the phone.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Cyborg said making the girl jump. Night turned around with thorns coming out about 6 inches from her body. As she noticed Beast Boy, Starfire, and Cyborg making the thorns retracted back into her body. "You guys scared the crap out of me." She said and the group was surprised to see how she looked.

There wasn't the normal black mask or anything covering her eyes. The group had stared at her for a few seconds making Night raise a brow at them. "You guys good?" She asked taking them out of their trance. "You are exceptionally pretty." Starfire said taking Night back in surprised. The three teammates watched as multiple bright dark pink roses erupted through her cheeks. The only thing keeping them still sort of in her body being small branches going through bits and pieces of her cheeks. "U-uh, thanks." Night said going to rub the back of her neck with her dominant arm before remembering she didn't have an arm.

"Who were you talking to?" Beast boy asked making Night stare at them as the roses in her cheeks disappeared. She shook her head slightly at the three in front of her. "That's not really any of your business, heroes." She said placing her hand on her hip. Her wrapped arm had tried to mirror her actions. "It's my business when it's in my tower." Cyborg said glaring at her. The reaction he got from Night Shade definitely wasn't what he expected.

"You built this place, right?" Night asked. Cyborg was about to respond when he noticed the orange roses growing between her cheeks. "I've gotta hand it to you, this place is extremely impressive. I hope you don't mind, but I did do a fair amount of exploring once I woke up. I'm not a tech wiz by any means, but even I know this whole place is absolutely extraordinary." Cyborg was taken back by the compliments and he didn't really know what to say.

"Is there any possible way I can get you to work your tech magic at the hangout? I had a guy do everything, but things keep shorting out. Nice kid, but I really need this stuff to stop happening. Trust me, having power go out mid karaoke battle isn't great. Especially when it's girl villain rapping about getting with ladies to Hollywood Undead and a hero guy finding his inner woman to Katy Perry." Night said with a soft smile towards the robot. "Uh...yeah, sure I can do that." Night's smile widened as her cheeks filled with yellow roses squeezing between the orange ones still present. "U-uh, seriously?! Awesome! I'll definitely owe you a favor. I'm good for my word as long as I'm not busy and it doesn't deal with fire, large amounts of water, or chemicals. Or if I'm just extremely morally against it." She said with a smile before pointing back to the food as the roses went back inside her body.

"Oh, I hope you guys don't mind but I made breakfast." She said gesturing to what she'd made. "You made the breakfast for us? Where did you find the waffle iron?" Starfire asked as she glanced at the food. "Uh, yeah. And the waffle iron was just in the cabinet." Night said pointing to whet she'd found it. "I told you I didn't lose the waffle iron." Beast Boy said sticking his tongue out at Cyborg.

"I'm here on a favor that Robin owes me, but this place is still your home. This favor I needed specifically effects you guys as well. So, for intruding on your guys space and time I thought I'd make breakfast. I made bacon, eggs, waffles. And if my sources are correct, which 90% of the time they are, Beast Boy doesn't eat meat so tofu that has the same consistency as scrambled eggs." Night Shade said while they all stared at her. Star was the first one to start digging in while Cyborg and Beast Boy were more cautious. "You guys okay?" Night Shade asked again raising a brow at them.

"They're worried you may have poisoned the food." A monotone voice came out and they all looked to see Raven in her dark blue cloak. "I wouldn't do that." She said making the group look at her with raised brows before she shrugged her shoulders. "Well in this instance I wouldn't. If you guys had something I wanted, I might. Depends on the situation, but poison isn't really my style." Everyone besides Raven stared at her with wide unbelieving eyes. "Dealing with poison can be really difficult as well. There are various ways it can go wrong. It's a battle of will between the person who was poisoned and the person that poisoned them. Sometimes you don't even get what you needed because they didn't spill, or you cracked. It's a whole do not pass go, do not collect $200 situation." She explained nonchalantly making the titans even more nervous about having the girl in their home. "Speak from experience?" Raven asked with a cold glare. "I haven't done it personally, but I've been around this business for awhile. You tend to see a lot of things go wrong."

"Morning titans! And Night Shade." The group looked to see Robin as he came into the kitchen. The group all stared at Robin while Robin only looked at how Night looked unmasked. "The Night that is Shade made us the breakfast." Star fire said taking Robin out of his slight trance. "You made breakfast?" He asked and she shrugged her shoulders with a blank stare towards him. That was all he needed as he made his own plate of food.

"You're not worried she poisoned it?!" Beast boy exclaimed as he watched Robin. "Night doesn't work with poison...right?" He asked looking at the girl for confirmation. "Too many variables that I don't have time and effort for." She said only for Robin to start digging in with Starfire. Cyborg and Beast Boy shrugged at each other before joining the others in for the food. "Raven, you should really try some of this." Beast boy said with his mouth full making her face show disgust. "I'd rather not."

"How's your arm?" Robin asked making Night shrug. "Uhm, not sure. Let me check." She said her hand reaching to unwrap the now dry gauze. "Wait! Not while we eat!" Cyborg and beast boy both yelled making her smirk. "What? Scared you'll lose your appetite?" She said in a teasing tone as her hand hovered over the gauze. "I don't need to see blood and bones while eating waffles!" Beast boy yelled making Night laugh. "Damn making you guys lose your appetites would've been funny, but I hate to break it to you. I don't have either of those." "Uh...you don't?" Cyborg asked before shoveling his face. "No, here I'll show you." She said earning a loud no from the two guys.

Night unwrapped her arm revealing her injury. "See, no blood, no bones." Her arm hadn't grown much in length, but she had many small sprouts in all the areas that had been cut off. "What are you?" Cyborg asked. "Genetically modified rose bush." She answered making Star, Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy all let out a light 'oh' of realization. "That actually makes a lot of sense." Raven said and the others nodded. "So that is the reason you have the spikes that come out of you?" Star asked. "And the rosy cheeks?" Beast Boy asked. "They're thorns and yes to both." Night said.

"Looks like it's already starting to grow back." Robin said. "Yeah, but unfortunately staying in hiding and cooped up isn't going to do anything for it." Night said as her hand gently moved the branches and stems around getting a better look at her current state before sighing. "Need anything from us?" Robin asked making everyone raise a brow towards him. "N-no not really. I just need to find a nice park to just relax and absorb the sun." "We'll accompany you. It's about time we all took a little break." Robin said making Night raise a brow at him before shrugging her shoulders. "Whatever, your call not mine, wonder boy." She said before walking away. "Oh leave the dishes, I'll do them later." She shouted to the group making them all look at each other.

"Is there a way we can keep her so she may always do the dishes?" Starfire asked. "You make it sound like you want to keep her as a pet." Cyborg said. "Yeah, we already have Beast Boy." Raven said and Star and Cyborg both laughed. "Having a pet would be way easier than keeping Night Shade, Star." Robin said before going back to eating.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

883K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
343K 5.8K 29
Hi! I'm Y/N, I'm a water goddess, and shapeshifter. I'm here to tell you about a prophecy I made while meeting Maui. The gods introduced us to each o...