Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

By boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 6

747 26 2
By boxxieofbox

The titans and Night Shade had made it back to the tower. The team had all dispersed and Night looked around the tower surprised by the size of it. Cyborg and Beast boy were quick to start playing a video game together. Raven used her magic to move the large leaf hood away from Night's injuries. She winced in pain at the feeling of movement. Raven raised her hands towards Night's arm, when she suddenly jerked away. "What are you doing?" Night asked defensively as she glared at Raven. "I was going to heal parts of your arm." Raven said glaring back. "You should let her. Raven is our healer." Robin said next to Night and she let out a sigh. Night held her arm out and Raven held her hands over the burnt area. Night was surprised as the large amounts of pain washed away. "U-uh...thanks." Night said softly. "I was only able to heal the surface burns. The rest is up to you." She said in her normal bored tone.

Raven then sat on the far side of the couch away from Cyborg and Beast Boy starting to read a book. "Cmon, let's get your arm taken care of." Robin said while receiving a nod from the girl. "May I accompany you?" Starfire asked. Robin turned his head waiting for a response from Night. She gave a soft nod making Starfire smile.

(Y/n)'s pov:

The three of us made it to what I assumed was their med bay. Starfire flew to the other side of the room grabbing a chair for me to sit on. "Uh...thanks." I said softly before sitting down. I heard a few different drawers open and shuffling going through them. I carefully reached up and started to remove the large leaf. I winced a few times as the leaf brushed against my burnt arm. "Do you need any-?" Starfire started to ask. "No!" I said harshly cutting her off before clearing my throat. "N-no...I got it." I said before finally prying it off.

A sigh left my mouth as my arm started to feel better from not having the weight on it. I watched as Robin pulled a chair up next to me. He was holding a small scalpel in his hand. "I can do this myself you know." I said harshly. "Just consider it part of the favor." Robin said softly while giving me a light smile. "Fine."

"Pardon me, but how will we do the helping with your arm?" Starfire asked making me turn my head to her. She was now standing over Robin's shoulder as she stared at my arm. "Easy...just gotta do a little gardening." I said trying to make light of the situation. "Just gotta cut off the dead, well, burnt pieces and it'll grow back in a few days." I said and she stared at my arm in a weird sort of awe. "Hey, Star, can you go grab us some gauze to wrap her arm with after? I couldn't find any in here when I was looking. Raven probably knows where some is." Robin said glancing at Star. "I will find the gauze for the Night that is Shade!" She said determined with a large smile before flying out of the room.

"Thanks." I said softly to Robin and he nodded. He was about to pierce my arm with the scalpel when I spoke up. "You're sure it's safe here?" I asked unsure. "I always keep my promises, remember?" Robin said giving me a reassuring smile and I couldn't help but think about how I kind of missed that smile. I gave him a slight nod before looking down at my lap.

The scalpel touched my arm and I immediately jumped from the feeling. My gaze hurriedly turned towards Robin. My breathing quickened from the feeling of the sharp tool. Looking at Robin, I noticed his hands up in defense while his eyes were wide as he stared at me. I instantly noticed the large thorns coming from the small crevasses in my body. "S-sorry...reflex. I've been the only one to really have to do this stuff. I'm not really used to someone else doing this, I guess." I said quietly as the thorns slowly made their way back into my body. "It's my fault. I didn't warn you." Robin said sitting back down next to me.

"So...how've you been?" Robin asked awkwardly as he carefully held my arm in his green gloved hand. "Do you really think this is a good time to be asking that?" I asked with a raised brow. "Just...making conversation." Robin said leaving an awkward silence. He started to cut away at the burnt part of my arm. "I don't know anything about him." I said only to have pain shoot up my arm. I let out a yell of pain as I pulled away from him. I had made it a few feet away from Robin, but the thorns from my body were still uncomfortably close to him.

"Watch it, will you?!" I said glaring at him while holding my arm. "Just get me a kitchen knife. I'll do it myself." My tone was harsh as I stared him down. "Did you mean-" "Who else am I going to be talking about, idiot?!" I said with a harsh glare only for him to glare back. "Will you stop being so childish and let me finish?" He asked, his glare not letting up. I tsked at him as my thorns slowly went back into my body.

"Whatever...but I'm only letting you do this because I can't see everything from this angle." I said sitting back down turning my head away from him. "You do know a kitchen knife would hurt more right? You'd also end up cutting off healthy pieces when you don't need to." Robin said gently taking my arm into his hand again and I tensed up at the feeling. "It's going to hurt and grow back regardless of what I do. Might as well get it over and done with." I said as I watched him start to cut at the base of the burnt pieces.

A silence filled the room before Robin awkwardly broke it again. "You shouldn't be so tense while I do this." He said. His voice was softer as he talked to me. It seemed like he was sympathetic almost. "Easier said than done." My harsh tone coming down slightly. "If you stay this tense, your thorns are going to come out. You gotta relax. It's just me after all." Robin's words only made me tense up more. "Yeah, cause that helps." I said rolling my eyes and looking away trying to relax more.

"You want to tell me what happened?" Robin pressed again making me look down at my lap. "No, I really don't." I said wincing slightly. "Sorry...If it makes any difference...I am curious about the story, but they told me how there were a lot of people that got out because of you. I need to know what we missed so I can make sure it doesn't happen again." He said before taking a slight pause. "And to not bother you with...hero business." He said the last part sarcastically. "Is this story going to travel?" I asked looking at him and he shrugged his shoulders. "That depends on what happened." He said and I nodded.

"I'll tell you what happened. How I got injured isn't really important overall if you're only looking for ways to improve your team. That information doesn't leave this room." I said not looking at him. He thought for a moment. "Alright. But I get the full story. All of my questions will be answered. Deal?" He asked and I sighed before nodding.

"I was in the forest when the fire monster, beast thing, emerged. Not really sure what it really was, but I genuinely don't care enough at the moment." "Why were you in the forest in the first place?" Robin asked as he cut away a large piece of burnt wood making me tense up in pain. "I-it's not important, really." I said looking away from him. I felt the typical pink roses come up through my cheeks being stopped short by just a few branches and my mask. "All of my questions, Night." Robin said sternly. "I...I was...volunteering around the campsites." I said and I felt more rose buds bloom under my cheeks going all around where my cheek bones would be if I had bones and up the sides of my face. The flowers moved the leaf mask slightly from how many there were.

"Volunteering? Since when do you volunteer?" Robin asked with a slight laugh. The roses on my cheeks immediately retreated back into my body as it sounded like he was mocking me. I pulled my injured arm away from him harshly. Which was a bad idea as pain shot through my system. "Since two years ago, Dick." I said as thorns poked through my body. They weren't nearly as long or as sharp as they were before, but they were definitely there. "Don't call me-" "You and your team didn't even think about the campsites around the fire. Thankfully, the fire was on the far side of all three campsites in Jump City. I waited for you and your team to show up, but you didn't. A kid was stuck in the fire and I went after him, because none of the teen titans were coming. A burning tree fell down on me and the kid. And I was too slow getting out. Any questions?" I rushed out with a tone as harsh as the glare I was giving him.

Robin only stared at me. His mask revealed that his eyes were wide as he processed what I'd told him. "And the kid?" His voice was rather quiet and I looked away. "Just some smoke in his lungs. He'll be fine." I said looking away from him again. The defensive thorns slowly retracted back into my body. "You sacrificed yourself for someone. You were a hero." Robin said as he carefully grabbed my arm again making me scoff. "In case you forgot. I don't do 'hero', Robin." I glanced down at my arm to see him cutting off the last burnt piece of my arm. "Guess, we still agree to disagree." He said before grabbing all of the burnt pieces of my arm and throwing them away.

"Robin! I have found the gauze!" I turned my head slightly to see Star fire holding a roll of the object in her hand. She had possibly the largest smile I've ever seen. "Should I grab the healing ointment?" She asked already going towards the cabinets. "Oh I-I don't need any burn ointments or anything." I said making her turn around a look at me with her head tilted to the side confused.

"But you were burned were you not?" Star asked and I nodded. "I was, but I'm only about 30 to 40% human. And even that's a stretch. Any ointment or anything like that doesn't work on me. Or sometimes the ingredients in them will make it worse." I said and I watched as her head hung down. "Oh...I am sorry I didn't know." She said while Robin took the gauze from her. "You're totally fine. Like you said, you didn't know. So no harm no foul." I said offering her a soft smile.

Robin ran the gauze under some water before ringing them out so they were slightly damp. I watched as he sat back down next to me and carefully started to wrap my arm. "Thanks." I said softly and he gave me a soft smile. "No problem." With that we left the room.

"So how did that whole thing with your sister go?" I asked Starfire who was walking next to me. "My sister was a wanted criminal that had tried to have me take her place in prison. She is now in space jail far away from Earth." Star fire said with an awkward smile making me stare at her wide eyed. "Wait, seriously?" I asked and she nodded. "Well, karma's a bitch." I said with a light laugh at the situation. "Who is Karma?" She asked catching Robin's attention. "Karma isn't a person, Star. Karma is basically just when someone gets what's coming to them." He explained and I nodded. "Think of it like how heroes and villains work. Villains do bad things, and heroes tend to kick their butts for it. Karma being their butts getting kicked." I said and she let out a soft 'oh'. "I understand now!" She said with a smile.

"This can be your room while you stay with us." Robin said and a door opened revealing a rather basic bedroom. "Thanks, guys." I said softly. "Would you like to join us for on the couch for the bonding with friends?" Star asked with a smile. "I-I, u-uh, n-no thank you. It's been a really long day. I-I'm just going to head to bed." I said awkwardly pointing to the bed with my thumb behind me slowly walking backwards into the room. "O-oh. Alright. Have the sweetest of dreams!" She said giving me a wave while the door closed.

"Did I say something wrong?" I heard Star's voice through the door. "No, she's just like that. Just give her some time. I'm sure she'll come around." Robin's voice said and I heard their footsteps trail away from the door. A hard sigh left my mouth as my body relaxed. The leaves around my face slowly falling to the floor. I stared at the ground as I waited for some of the plants I'd come to know and love over the years.

A creak made me look to the side of the room. Stems peaked out of the now open vent as they grew closer and closer towards me. Wrapped around parts of the stems was a duffel bag full of some things I'd need while staying here. I walked over reaching my hand out towards the plants. I let out a smile as the plants quickly wrapped around my arm and traveled down my body. The duffel bag falling to the floor with a soft thud.

The stems made themselves at home around my feet and slightly digging into the flooring. I gently pulled my feet out leaving me barefoot. I gave the plants a soft thanks and different wildflowers grew from the small patch. They were all different kinds and colors making me smile. I opened the duffel bag grabbing a pair of pj shorts and an old t-shirt. "Can I get a little help?" I asked the patch of flowers and leaves as roses grew onto my cheeks. I was able to see the soft pink petals right at the base of my lashes. The different types of flowers covered me helping me change being extremely careful of my arm. I thanked them once more as they made their way back down my body. They made their way back into the space they'd created as they bloomed even more.

I soft sigh left my lips as I laid back onto the bed staring up at the ceiling. I moved my arm under my head before lifting up my now half of an arm to stare at it. "What have I gotten myself into?" I asked myself. Thoughts of regret and slight reassurance for my actions ran through my head as I stared at my injury that was covered by the soft gauze. "This is why I don't play hero." I said softly to myself as I gently placed my arm back onto the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
10.1K 363 33
!THIS IS A FANFIC! This is a story about Y/n L/n. In an apocalyptic world. She ends up taking refuge at a beaten down school named Ericsons home for...
444K 12.9K 30
Do you believe in romance and friendship? Of fairytales and magic? Do you believe...in Peter Pan? - You still believe in a legend you hear of when y...