Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

By boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 5

723 25 1
By boxxieofbox

A few days had gone by since the Blackfire incident. None of the titans seemed to want to talk about the girl except when bashing about her attitude. Robin and Star were the only ones that wouldn't join in. Raven, while not saying much, didn't necessarily agree with the girls ways. Star would just stay silent whenever they talked about her as she was extremely unsure of what to think of the girl. Robin on the other hand would simply ignore them or change the subject. Beast boy, Cyborg, and Star had all tried pressing him for answers only to receive the same answers. "It doesn't matter right now." "I don't know what you're talking about." "Guys, focus." The same excuses left his mouth repeatedly and they ended up giving up on trying to get answers from him.

However, it hadn't stopped the titans from digging more information up on the girl. The three all shared the information they had found on the girl only to all have found the same useless amount of information.

"You're telling me we each spent days trying to find out more on this lady only to come up with stuff we already knew?!" Beast Boy yelled before falling back onto the couch defeated. "There's no way that that's all the information on her." Cyborg said while Star let out a soft sigh. "This truly is all we could find. The Night that is Shade arrived about a year ago. No one knows where she has come from. People say she is the super villain, but there is evidence of her doing the heroic acts just like there is evidence of her doing the villainous acts." Star said as she stared down at the information defeated as well.

"Well we know someone that knows more about her. The only thing is getting him to crack." Cyborg said with a smirk while rubbing his hand against his chin mischievously. "And how do you suggest we do that?" Beast boy asked perking up from the couch. "Not sure...but I'll find a way." Cyborg said with a smirk.

The day had continued on with a prank gone wrong, name calling, and two thunderous brothers.

The large fire created by a greater villain than the two brothers ravaged through the forest. The giant fire being burning everything in its path. A girl with a black face covering stared at the ever growing fire targeting the forest. 'Come on...come on...' She thought to herself eagerly waiting for someone to help the people running around her. The fire grew closer and larger towards the small campsite she had been at. She watched with wide eyes at the various amounts of people yelling around her when one broke her from her trance. "Someone! Please help my-" The girl didn't need to hear another word as she watched a man hold a woman back from running into the fire.

A mix of fear, determination, and frustration ran through her system as she let out a low growl meant for the so called heroes that were meant to handle the situation. No one noticed as the roots inside the girl's body made her disappear down into the ground. As she came up to the surface she was in the middle of where the woman was trying to run.

Smoke filled her body and the heat from the fire was unbearable. She looked around when she saw a little boy laying on the ground in a coughing fit. "Mama! Ma-mama!" He yelled out desperately through tears and coughing. The girl quickly ran towards the boy. "Stay right there!" She yelled out to him. Just as she was about to reach him a burning tree started to fall down. A gasp left the boy's mouth as he noticed the tree coming down towards him.

He closed his eyes in fear pleading that it would magically stop. In his state of fear and panic, he didn't even realize he had been picked up into someone's arms. The girl had grabbed the boy, pulling him into her chest. The tree fell with a loud thud. Their was a brief silence before it was filled with a mothers desperate screams for the young boy.

The man had effectively dragged her away just as branches and green leaves and stems appeared from the ground between the edge of the growing fire and the couple. The mother started to let out loud sobs as she noticed a girl running out of the green foliage holding her boy in her arm. The man let the woman go as they both ran up to the girl. "I-I believe this is yours." She said awkwardly as the mother scooped him up from her arms. "Oh! Thank you! Thank you!" The parents said and the girl stopped them.

"Thank me later." She said before raising one of her arms and a pathway was cleared full of dark roots. "Everyone! Go towards the roots! It's a way out!" She yelled out guiding people towards the route she made. "It'll take you to the city! Go now!" She said gently pushing people towards the exit. The girl looked around making sure everyone had made it out and taken the shortcut.

Once she was certain, she let out a soft nod to herself to follow after them. As she was running down her path she noticed an older man and a little girl that had fallen behind. The girl looked behind her noticing the fire still coming after them.

"Grandpa, we have to go!" The girl said pulling at her grandfathers sleeve. "Just go on without me. I'll catch up to you." He said with a sad smile. "Don't be dumb, old man." The girl said before crouching down as green stems wrapped around the old man's body placing him onto her back. "You too, hun." She said scooping up the girl with one hand slightly wincing in pain before taking off running just as fast as before.

The girl was able to catch up to most of the group just as they had made it to the edge of the city. As she ran up she noticed it had started raining. She also noticed the teen titans helping to take down the fire using fire hydrants and their various powers. The girl started to slow down as she realized the fire had started to die down. The weight of the old man and the girl had started to weigh her down as the adrenaline in her system started to ware out.

Her run slowly became a jog, then a walk, before she collapsed onto her knees near the teen titans. The old man quickly got off her back and the girl made sure the girl in her arms was okay and helped her stand up with the hand she had been holding her up with.

The girl was caught by surprise as the little girl gave her a tight hug. A pained gasp left her mouth from the sudden contact making the little girl jump back. Her eyes wide and nervous she'd done something bad. "I-I'm fine. I promise. Go and find your family. I'm sure they're worried sick for both of you, okay?" The girl had said with a pained smile. She even gently placed her hand on the girls cheek wiping away a few tears away with her thumb gently. The old man had taken the girls hand trying leading her away to find their family. "Thank you, miss plant lady!" The girl said waving goodbye making the other let out a light laugh and wave with her non dominant hand.

The titans had started to dance in the rain before they noticed the somewhat familiar plant like powers and figure fall to her knees before talking to the little girl she was carrying. The girl had been in a different outfit than the last couple times they'd met, but they knew it was her. She was in a dark green dress, a hood over her hair that looked like a giant leaf, her shoes were made of similar leaves. On her actual body, stems were tangling up and down her limbs with rose buds and ones that were fully in bloom. On her face was a mask made of leaves covering most of her face.

Beast boy was the first one to notice her. "Hey, guys...is that who I think it is?" He asked his teammates while looking at each other. They all looked over at the girl who was waving at two of the many people she helped. The team hadn't noticed as the girl looked inside the hood she was wearing and the pained look going across her face. The girl had even pulled the dark green leafy garment to hide one side of her body better.

"Where did all of those people come from?" Cyborg asked glancing back at the people that had come from the direction of the fire. "There might have been a few campsites in the woods." Raven said. "She helped all of them get out." Beast Boy said realizing what could've happened to all of them. "I am still very confused as to if she is a villain or not." Star fire said and the group agreed with her. They all continued to stare between the people rejoicing over all being out of harms way and the girl who they'd all believed was an enemy. "What should we do?" Beast Boy asked only to see their leader emerge from the forest next to them.

Night Shade stayed on the ground for a couple minutes in the mud trying to figure out her next move before she heard footsteps approaching her. The shoes in front of her had given them away. "You okay?" The voice asked. Their voice gave off a slight amount of worry and Night Shade refused to meet his eyes. "What's it matter to you, bird boy?" She said coldly as she glanced up at him. She would've given him her normal glare, but she was too tired to put in the effort.

A soft sigh left her lips as she stood up. Her non dominant hand holding the large leaf in place as she stared down at the ground. She was about to walk away when the boy wonder reached out to grab her arm. He was only met with a gasp of pain from her making him retract his gloved hand immediately. Large sharp thorns broke through her skin reaching about a foot away from her. His eyes widened before they narrowed at her. Night had realized her mistake making the thorns go back into her body. He went to grab the leaf covering her. Night shade tried to block him with her non dominant hand, but she was too physically and emotionally tired from the events that had taken place.

Robin easily overpowered her holding her non dominant hand away as he used his free hand to lift the leaf away from her. His eyes widened at what he saw. A scoff left Night's mouth as she refused to meet his eyes. "So much for minding your own business." Her forearm had been completely burnt off. Her bicep was still attached to her body, but it was burnt about half way up. The skin like texture on top had severe burns and was even starting to blister while the plant life on the inside was burnt to a crisp.

"What happened?" Robin asked concerned for Night's condition. The other titans had gathered around them and they stared at the damage Night shade had endured. "It doesn't matter." Night said through gritted teeth as she tried to pull her hand away from Robin. "What happened, Night?" Robin asked in a harsh tone as his grip tightened around her wrist. The sound of his voice made her stop struggling as she looked down at the ground. "The fire happened." She said trying her best to keep up her harsh tone. "Will you let me go, now?" She asked managing to glare at him and Robin loosened his grip knowing he wouldn't get much more from her.

Night had pulled her hand away from his before glancing down at her arm again. The pain in her system was slowly starting to become worse as time went on. A hard sigh left her lips as the group stared at her. "I need to cash in my favor." She said softly and Robin nodded telling her to go on.

"I need a safe place to stay while this heals." Night said just barely loud enough for them to hear. Soft pink rose petals poked through the branches around her cheeks and under her mask slightly. She was embarrassed she was even in this situation. "Don't you have your own place?" Beast boy asked in what he believed was the harsh tone she sort of deserved. Night was about to respond when Robin interjected. "You'll be safe with us at Titans Tower." He said softly to her with a reassuring smile. She gave him a soft nod as a way of saying thanks.

All six teens stood on a cliff that over looked the city and titans tower. A large rainbow shining through the sky. Night stood next to Robin as she continued to cover her injured arm. Robin showed a piece of metal to Cyborg before passing it over to the girl.

"So, Slade wants to destroy the city. Question is, why?" Cyborg asked while Night looked over the piece of metal. "I don't know. But I will find out. And he won't get away with it." Robin said while Night handed the piece of metal back to him. "So...am I, you know, still a Clorbag?" Beast boy asked Starfire and they had their moment with the other members of the team. Robin couldn't help but glance over at Night Shade. "We should get you back to the tower so we can take care of that." Robin said nodding towards Night's arm and the girl nodded in agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
335K 5.8K 10
( Hello I'm doing a little re-writing! ) ➤ 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐅 " it was always you mi todo " Y/n L/n and Camilo Madrigal have knew eac...
684K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
444K 12.9K 30
Do you believe in romance and friendship? Of fairytales and magic? Do you believe...in Peter Pan? - You still believe in a legend you hear of when y...