Lights, Camera, Harry // l.s.

By aussie_direction

❝ I really hope you don't expect me to do anything. Because I won't. I don't care. Cry all you like but when... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
100K WHAT?
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Character Ask (TheQuestions)
Character Ask (The Answers Part 1)
Character Ask (The Answers Part 2)
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
important
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Epilogue
The End

Chapter 81

20.1K 1K 3.5K
By aussie_direction

get ready.

.

Louis' POV

I didn't know what to do.

The last thing I knew, Harry and I were in the kitchen, then he was by the door, and then he was leaving and I didn't know what was going on.

The words were caught in my throat and I couldn't say or do anything as I watched him leave.

I was frozen.

"Call me when you decide I'm worth more than your fame." He said, and then, he was gone.

Then, the hard wall of emotion hit me, overwhelming me as I went to the couch and curled up under a blanket, letting the tears and screams consume me.

I cried until my throat was hoarse, and I couldn't cry anymore.

All I wanted was for him to come back so we could talk about it. We had never fought this badly before, usually we could just talk about it and sort it out, but this time something was different.

It wasn't something that we could just 'fix', it was deeper than just talking it out and I had no idea how to even go about beginning the process.

I closed my eyes, his broken expression filling my mind as I remembered what he said to me.

You're the one who's not stopping me. Why didn't I stop him?

I squeezed my eyes closed, the pain overwhelming me as I drifted into a restless sleep.

.

2 weeks later and it was Charl's wedding day.

My suit was in the pack on the back of the door and most of my hair and make-up was done. Yes, I had to wear light make up because there would be paparazzi everywhere and I really wasn't looking my best lately.

But before I got to go to the wedding, I had to do a quick radio interview, considering I hadn't had any public appearances since the premier.

I still hadn't heard from Harry. I know he said I was supposed to call him, but I hadn't. I didn't know what to say to him, so I'd just avoided it.

I stretched my arms above my head as the TV show I was watched had finished. I slowly got up and went to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge before siting up on the bench.

I took a sip and took my phone off the charger, quickly checking twitter.

#WheresLou was trending.

I frowned as I clicked on it and scrolled through some tweets. They were about me and how I hadn't been spotted since the movie premier.

It was true, I hadn't been out and about since then, mainly because I didn't really feel like it.

Some people were worried about me, some people were guessing where I was and what I was doing, some people, of course, were happy that I'd 'disappeared' and some people were just plain rude.

But I didn't really care.

So I shut off the app, right as I got a text from Liam, who was going to come over to pick me and up and take me to my radio interview before we headed to the wedding together.

I'm coming over, open the door

I thought about protesting, but knew it was no use with him.

Now?

I asked him and he texted back nearly straight away.

Now.

So I sighed and jumped off the bench, walking to the front door. I swung it open and Liam was standing there, a disappointed look on his face.

"What are you doing." He shook his head at me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, leaving him to close the door and follow after me.

"Well, I was watching the football until you showed up." I answered as I walked down the hallway.

I quickly checked my watch before turning around and looking at him. "And I figured we were going to leave for the radio interview soon, so I better get ready."

"Louis," He grabbed my arm and stopped me. "You know what I mean."

"Do I?" I asked him. He had no answer, so I shook him off and continued my way to my bedroom.

"So you and Harry broke up then." He asked, standing in the doorway as I fixed my hair in the mirror.

"Yep." I answered. "I guess there was just some things about us that he couldn't handle."

"Really?" Liam deadpanned, sighing in frustration. "Is that really what you think?"

"He couldn't handle my fame." I shrugged. "And he couldn't handle my feelings."

"Yes he could, Louis." Liam answered, exasperated. "He was just scared."

"Scared?" I asked, suddenly confused. I never realised he was scared too.

"He was afraid that his life was always going to be him hiding and pretending." Liam continued. "He didn't want to be someone he's not, Louis."

"I know, but-"

"But there are no 'buts'." Liam shook his head. "Do you really think he wanted to be doing that?"

"I-I-"

"No, he didn't." Liam continued. "But he did it anyway. For you. Everything he did, everything he put himself through. All the fake laughs and smiles for cameras, all the lies, the pretending, watching you with El. Everything. He did it all for you, Louis."

I gulped, looking at the floor. I hadn't realised just what effect it had had on him.

"Sometimes, it hurt him." Liam pressed as he sat beside me on the bed. "But he put on a brave face, for you. We spoke at the premier and he told me some things."

I was silent for a minute.

"He was just scared." Liam continued. "Scared that he was going to have to lie and pretend his whole life, just so he could be with you."

I stayed quiet, taking it all in.

"H-He went through all of that," I frowned. "For me?"

Liam nodded as I thought about it.

That was so sweet of him, no one had ever done that for me before.

"Whenever we hung out, he talked about you a lot." Liam laughed. "After you broke up, he spent some nights at my place, some at Niall's and some at Charl's and all he did was mope because he was missing you."

"H-How is he?" I asked and Liam smiled a little bit as he looked at me.

"Terrible." He answered. "He misses you like crazy." I frowned as he lowered his voice. "But you can change that."

"How?" I breathed. "He hates me."

"He could never hate you, trust me." Liam told me as he pat my leg. "He's been a mess since the premier."

"H-He has?" I asked.

"Yes." Liam nodded. "He needs you as much as you need him."

I looked away as I thought about Harry and what Liam had said.

"I can't believe he did all that..." I whispered and I frowned when I felt Liam stand up next to me.

"He cares about you so much, he was willing to do all of that." Liam said as he stood in front of me.

I looked up at him as he looked down at me with a disappointed expression.

"But what are you willing to do for him?"

"I-I-" I stuttered as he sighed.

"Think about it." Liam smiled sadly. "He thought that you were worth it. Now you have to figure out if he's worth it."

I put my head in my hands as I took a long breath.

"W-We should probably go," I said shakily as I stood up. "I don't want to be late to the interview."

Liam nodded and left the room while I grabbed my things and followed him.

Harry was worth anything, I knew that. I was just scared. I didn't know what to do and I didn't know how the world was going to take it.

More than anything, I wanted the same thing Harry did. I wanted to be able to hold his hand in public and kiss him and show him off to the world, but it wasn't that simple.

There were too many homophobes in this world, especially in the entertainment industry, and they all held the future of my career in their palms. They could say and do anything that could either make me, or ruin me, and I wasn't sure whether or not that was a risk I was willing to take.

But I knew if I could figure out if it was, I would do it in a heartbeat.

We silently took the elevator to the basement and got into Liam's car. I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and slipped on some sunglasses as we pulled out onto the street and started driving.

"You know," Liam said, breaking the silence. "For the record, I think you can do it."

"What?" I snapped, my eyes going wide. Surely I didn't just say all that out loud. Surely he didn't know what I was just thinking.

"You're thinking about telling everyone about Harry, right?" Liam asked with a smile. "I mean, if you're comfortable, you should do it. I believe in you."

I gulped and looked at him as he kept his eyes on the road. Could I do it?

"Y-You think?"

"What is it your scared of?" Liam asked me and I blushed, looking down.

"That everyone will hate me." I whispered. "That I'll have nothing anymore because I'm gay and that means they won't put me in anymore movies and my agency will drop me and-"

"But you'll have Harry." Liam said.

And that was the moment I knew.

.

"And now, we have a special guest with us today! Louis Tomlinson!"

The radio announcer smiled at me as I adjusted the headphones over my ears.

"Hello." I answered through the microphone.

"So Louis, The Fault in Our Stars premiered a couple weeks go and you play Augustus Waters."

"I do," I chuckled. "And it was a lot of fun. Working on set with such incredible people everyday was such a great experience, I'm so thankful."

"So I don't know if you've been on twitter in the past hour, but on your way here you tweeted something that's made the world go crazy."

"I did." I said slowly, my smile slipping.

After speaking with Liam, I knew what I had to do. In the car on the way to the radio station, I'd tweeted something that I knew people were going to freak out about.

But it was so important that I do it, because it was about someone very important to me.

"Care to explain this very cryptic tweet?"

I took a deep breath.

This was it.

This was what Harry had been waiting for, what I'd been waiting for and what basically the whole world had never expected.

"Here," The interviewer offered. "I'll read it out first, then you can explain it."

"Okay." I said with a nod.

And then he said it.

"Always in my heart @Harry_Styles. Yours sincerely, Louis."

I took another shaky breath before I answered.

"Yep, yeah that was it." I nodded, trying not to sound too nervous. "Harry is very special to me."

"Is he?" The interviewer asked and I nodded again, before I realised that the people listening couldn't hear a nod.

"Yes," I paused, looking around the room.

Behind the glass, a few of my managers and agents were watching me with wide eyes, silently begging me not to do it.

The interviewer also waited patiently for me to go on.

Then, in the background of the cramped area behind the glass, I saw Liam. He was smiling at me and he looked so proud. He gave me a small thumbs up, and that was when I knew that I could do it.

"He's my boyfriend and I'm in love with him."

And then all mayhem broke loose.

"Your boyfriend?" The interviewer asked, quite clearly very surprised. "Harry?"

"Yeah," I nodded, the biggest smile on my face. I kept my eyes on Liam's as I continued. "His name is Harry."

"Well congratulations!" The interviewer said with a grin and I blushed. "That's rules out our next question about your current relationship status."

"I s'pose it does." I laughed along with him.

And in that moment, I knew that I had done the right thing.

.

"I am so proud of you!"

When I left the interview, Liam engulfed me in a hug as we made our way out of the building to where the car was parked.

"Thanks man." I blushed.

"Have you checked out twitter yet?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Nah, I just sent the tweet out and shut off the app."

"You should see it!" He chirped, shoving his phone in my face. "Everyone is so happy for you! There's hardly any haters at all."

"It's trending worldwide!" I beamed as he hugged me again.

"I knew you could do it." Liam smiled as I continued to scroll through the replies. "They've started calling you 'Larry' and-"

"LOUIS TOMLINSON!"

I froze and then slowly turned around to see Mindy, my main agent walking towards me with a look that could kill.

"What have you done." She seethed. "That was not in the script. And that tweet! I'll have it deleted-"

"I changed my twitter password." I cut her off. "And what I've done, is be myself. I don't want you or any one else for that matter to be telling me what I can and can't do anymore."

"That's not up to you." She said through gritted teeth. "You have a contract."

"What's done is done." I shrugged. "I'm happy to stay at your agency, but everyone knows that I'm out now, so you can't take it back. Do you want an openly gay man signed to your agency?"

She hesitated for a moment before shaking her head and looking at me in complete disgust.

"You're. Through." She spat. "You're fired and your contract is terminated. Effective immediately. Good luck finding any other management company who'll take you."

"Thank you." I nodded to her. "And I wish you luck keeping your job at a management company when you just fired the best thing to ever happen to it."

"I-I-" She spluttered and I offered her one last smile before she let out a scream in frustration, spun on her heel and left Liam and I standing in the hallway.

"That was brilliant." Liam said with a smile and I just shrugged.

"Ruining bitchy people's careers comes naturally to me." I replied, flicking my imaginary hair over my shoulder. "All in a days work."

We both laughed as we made our way to the car, people smiling and congratulating me as we went.

"But seriously," Liam asked. "What are you going to do about a job?"

"I-I guess I'll find someone else to manage me." I mumbled, fiddling with my fingers. "I mean, surely not everyone out there are homophobes, right? There's got to be an agency out there who'll take me, right?"

"Right." Liam nodded. "Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be okay."

"Now, let's get going." Liam chimed. "We've got a wedding to get to."

.

.

.

AIMH :')

thoughts?

opinions?

predictions?

sorry i took so long getting this chapter up, i've been kinda busy this week. x

you have no idea how excited i am to write this wedding, i've been waiting since the beginning of the planning of this book to write it and finally its here!

ahhh everything is falling into place as we come to an end!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 581 8
❝is that really the way you would want someone to treat you?❞ ❝i would deserve it.❞ [or: louis has self-destructive tendencies and harry treats him...
9.9K 235 11
❝there are things that we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn; and people we can't live without...
19.5K 352 33
"If this is what heartbreak feels like, I don't want any part of it. Seriously, running me over with a bus would hurt less." - Louis Tomlinson and Ha...
285K 9.6K 45
when louis finally comes home, harry isn't waiting. over the past four years, both of their lives have completely changed -- but maybe the feelings a...