The Fairy Of Love And War

By Lazy_Sloth120

She is the only daughter of Head Master Saladin of Red Foutain, and cousin of Helia. She is the Fairy of the... More

Character Profiles/Introductions
Character Introductions/Profiles PT.2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 + 10K Special Chapter

Chapter 8

760 23 6
By Lazy_Sloth120

"Alright, alright. I was just gonna tell ask you if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? I'm free."

I remain silent, for some reason taking a few seconds to process his words. I blame it on the long day I just had. "Helia. It's fucking 1 in the morning and you called ask me that? Do you even know what tomorrow is?" I exclaim, the tiredness now heavily affecting my mood. "It's uhhhh" drags on my cousin. "You dumb fuck, it's the Day of the Rose tomorrow." I groan, dragging the palm of my hand down my face. I'm tired to be dealing with him right now. Helia remained silent on the other line, probably having a sudden realisation. He's lucky that I remained him, cause if I hadn't Aunty Erika might have literally murdered her son. "Shit" he mutters almost breathlessly.

"Have fun dealing with that, Imma go back to bed. Night" I say, snatching the phone away from my ear and pressing the end call button. Without much hesitation, I toss my phone somewhere and fall back into my bed. Pulling my sheets to cover my entire body. Just like that I was out.

Feeling the rays of the sun, peeking through the gaps of my curtain. I woke up and my eyes were immeadtly hit the morning sun. Letting outa pained and tired groan, I rolled over to my side. Peering at the digital clock on m bedside table. Reading the time 6:45, a lot later than when I usually wake up but I deserved those extra minutes after the shit-show that happened last night.

I force myself out of bed, and in to the bathroom. Where I get myself ready for my morning workout.

Walking out my room, and through the living room I saw how Flora and Tecna were already up. "Morning you two" I greet with a smile on my face. "Morning" greeted the two. "I assume your both heading back home" I say, watching as the two grab out their suitcases from the storage room. "Of course, the Day of the Rose is one of my favourite holidays" beamed Flora. "Are you going to go home, Athena?" asked Tecna. "Nah, I don';t really celebrate the holiday" I reply with a smile on my face, trying my best to conceal nay hint of sadness on my face.

Both of the girl look at me confused, and before they get the chance to ask me why I quickly say "I gotta get going if I want to make it back in time for breakfast. See you girls later" and with that I turn on my heel and walk out the front door. Waving them a goodbye before I shut the door behind me. Speed walking my way down the empty school hallways, and than through the courtyard to the forest. It was only then did i slow down.

I know I probably acted a bit like bitch to them back then, and they will most likely have question for me when they get back. But I just needed to get away. You'd think that after 15 years you;'d finally get over the death of loved one. So why haven't I? I don't even remember my what my mum looks like. All I have is the blurry memory of that dream. Her touch, voice, love. I remember any of it. I guess that what hurt the most for me.

But after that dream I had, I felt a little bit more at ease. As if I had finally gotten the closure that I so desperately craved for. Of course I won't just get over the death of my mum in an instant. It takes time to heal the deep wounds of the past, and I understand that. I just had hoped that I had at least made some importer. But It looks like I haven't. As I still feel quite sour about today. My friends who looked so excited to go and celebrate with their mothers, whilst I'm stuck with nothing but a blurred memory of mine.

I continue walking through the forest, enjoying the peace of the early morning,. Making my way to mine and Ezra's usual spot. I wonder if he'll be there today. He might've gone home. Before I used to enjoy my morning workouts as it was the time of the today where I could just focus on me. The idea of spending the early morning and doing workouts with anyone else would've seriously annoyed me to bits. But that wasn't the case with Ezra. Even though I hate to admit it, I enjoy his company. He's seriously a great guy. Though we've only known each other for a about a week or so, to me it seems like I've known this guy my whole life.

"Morning Firefly" grins, a certain blonde. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I groan in slight annoyance at the horrible nickname, turning to face the man with a displeased look. However his grin grew wider, seemingly enjoying my reaction. "Morning" I grumble, walking over to him. Trying my best to keep my eyes anywhere but him. He was dressed in his usual workout clothes, a pair of sweatpants ands a vest. And the upper body clothing did very little in concealing his muscle structure. The shirt always seemed tight, hugging onto every outline of muscle it could.

"Your not gonna go back home to Hestia?" I question, raising an eyebrow. "No, cause for me it wouldn't just be simple day trip. If I went I would have to stay the whole week to catch up on my work load. Being Crown Prince is seriously becoming a pain in my ass" replied Ezra, groaning a little at the end. I let outa small chuckled at his words, "Aw, you poor thing. How hard it must be for you" I coo. Pinching his cheeks and pulling at them. Ezra glared at me whilst making various attempts at slapping my hands away but each time he failed.

After a few more minutes of my teasing I reluctantly let go his cheeks, a proud smirk on my face. Ezra, lets out small noises of pain, whilst he rubs his now sore and red cheeks. I feel a little bad, but not that much. It's entertaining to see him like this. Ezra's blue eyes lock onto my heterochromic ones, a smirk creeping its way on his face. "You've done it now, Athena" he warns. "Done what now hm?" I tease, leaning in close to him. My face only centimetres away from his. Ezra's smirk widen at my words, as he leans hi face closer to my mine. Our nose now brushing agaisnt one another's.

Feeling my face grow warm at this, I tried to pull away to put some distance between us. Scared he would hear the racing beats of my heart. The blonde male noticed this, and almost immediately wrapped an arm around the back of my waist. Pulling me closer to him, till both of our fronts where pressed against one another. I just stood there. Frozen. My cheeks turning the darkest shade of red. Ezra seemed to enjoy my flustered state, his eyes tarting at me with a certain look that just can't seem to put my finger on. The blue eyed male, leaned his face close in again. Not breaking eye contact with me for a single second.

If I move even a single inch our lips would touch, and I couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like. "Athena" calls Ezra, his hot breath fanning my face. "H-hm?" I stutter, not really trusting my self to speak words. Ezra's eyes pry away from mine and look down to my lips before looking back up. "Run" he grins. Almost like on command, I do. My body acting before my mind could think. Sprinting forward, all previous feelings of being flustered lost in the breeze zooming past me. All that was now left was the adrenaline ignited inside of me.

Bubbles of laughter erupted from my throat as I began to run faster, confident that Ezra wouldn't be bale to catch me. However I still wanted to check up on him, so I turned my head. And was surprised to see that he wasn't that far only a couple of feet. He was keeping up well and not many actually did. But it seemed that I forget to pay attention in the direction that I was running as I tripped myself on a rock.

Startled I let outa small scream, scrunching my face as I prepared for the pain. I began to fall first first in to the ground, but before I could a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around. I let out a yelp of surprise as Ezra, places on hi s arms under my knees adn the other on my back. Lifting my up and carrying my bridal style. "Holy shit, my life just flashed before my eyes" I gasp, a hand over my chest and the other gripping onto Ezra's shoulder. His skin beneath my touch warm and bringing weird comfort to me.

The blonde laughed at this, tilting his back as he smiled. "Got ya" he smiled at me. "Yeah, before I fell to my death" I shoot back with much sass, to cover up the butterflies i was feeling in my stomach. " But I still caught you tho" he grins. "Yes, yes. Thank you Prince charming. Now put me down" I demand, patting his shoulder to signal my request. "I don't think so Firefly. I still haven't gotten my payback yet" He says, a mischievous look coming in to his eyes. And I begin to slight panic.

But before I could do anything to escape, Ezra throws me into the air and I scream out of fright. The blond male catches me by the waist and out of instinct I wrap my legs around his torso, locking my ankles together so I don't fall. "Are you trying to kill me?!" I scream, panting. Ezra says nothing but smirks at me. I feel his palms leaving my waist, however they soon quickly replaced by the tips of his fingers. This fucker. Just like he began to tickle me, and in response I let out squeals and fits of laughter.

He moved the tips of fingers up and wont he sides of my body, ricking me in evry spot he possibly could. My neck and ribs being the most common victim. I ended up laughing so hard to the point my stomach began to cramp. "S-stop. Plea-se" I choke out between my laughter. Ezra smiles at this, and says "Nope" before proceeding to tickle me harder.

After a few minutes of the torture I was finally set free, and the two of decided that we should actually get out workouts done. For the next hour or so we did just that, before we bid each other farewell and went back to our respective schools. Weirdly enough during those few hours I spent with him, I forget about just exact how sad I was about today.

I walked back to Alfea, and found the school deathly silent. It creeped me out a bit. Though as I was walking pat the dining hall, and couple of familiar voice, and peeked into to see Stella, Bloom and Musa. The three were sitting around and having breakfast. Realising that I probably won't be able to get breakfast after this, I walked into the hall and over to the table that my friends where sat at. Musa was the firs to notice me walking over. "Athena!" waved the pigtailed girl, catching the attention of the two. "Hey! Your staying as well?" asked Stella a bit excited. "Yup! Just went out for my run. I though that I'd be only one her to be honest with you." I say, sliding in to the seat next to Bloom.

"I only learnt that today was holiday this morning." replies Bloom, slightly deflated. "But why are you going home?" asked Stella, resting her chin on her hands. "I prefer to stay here. If I see my parents again, even for just a day, I'll feel even more homesick" answers Bloom, pain in her expression. We all look at each other feeling bad for the red head, shes had quite the roller coaster of the ride since only recently learning she's been a fairy. I put my hand on the red head fairy's shoulder and stroke in comfort.

Bloom gives me a small smile in reassurances and I give one back to her. The red head, shot back up, pushing away any sides of sadness. Turning to the three of us. Face dropped into her hands she asks, "Okay and why are you three staying here?" Stella answered the question first, whilst I helped myself to a cup of coffee. "I don't celebrate the day of the rose.", Stella picks up her cup and stares at the liquid with a solemn expression, "I've never told you guys, but my mum and dad are splitting up. Yep, the King and Queen of Solaria aren't getting along anymore" but before any of us got the chance to comfort the girl for her struggles she switches back to old self. Nudging Musa in a joking manner whilst also leaning back in to the girl which surpassed Musa. But I just let out a quiet chuckle at Stella's antics, knowing that she'll be able to handle it perfectly fine.

"So what's you excuse Musa? Huh?"poked Stella. Musa turned noticeably gloom, hanging her head low and eyes screwed shut. Her entire body tense as she answered "I haven't celebrated this day in a long time because I haven't got anyone to celebrate." Bloom and Stella looked at Musa in surprise, mouths fallen agape, whereas my body tensed but i remained silent. "I lost my mother when I was still very young" explained the girl. "Musa, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked" profusely apologized the blonde princess. "You don't have to apologize, you couldn't have known. For me this day is just a little sadder than others but hey life goes on. There's not much more I can do about it expect live with my memories" by the end of it tears streamed down Musa's face. Stella latched herself onto Musa, hugging the girl tight in comfort. Whilst Bloom and I held onto each of her hands

I squeezed Muas's hand in comfort. Rubbing my thumb across the back of it in comfort. I hadn't expected for me and Musa to share such similarities. It pained me to know she suffered the hardships I had. "Tears, coffee and Milk. Not my idea of a tasty breakfast" flighty joked Bloom, whipping away her own tears. I smiled and leaned over, whipping away Musa's. "All right. It's a beautiful day and there's a party in town. Music. Dancing" suggested Stella, twirling her way in front of us. Then, the blonde princesses's phone buzzed and she pulled it out to check.

A wide smile broke its way on Stella's face, "Oh goody, a message from sky. My favourite prince. He and his friends will be in the city and he's inviting me. He's inviting me ton the big rose ball this evening. " squealed Stela. Bloom and Musa looked a the girl happy for her, whilst I continued to drink my coffee and much on semen pastries. "Well then?" asked Bloom, directing he question to me and Musa. "Another time, maybe just not today. Thanks anyway" replied Musa. "Yeah, I think I'll go somewhere else today. See someone" I reply, declining the offer.

The three of us got of our seats and walked over to the blonde princess. All four of us going in for a group hug before dispersing our own ways.

Bloom had decided to go with Stella, whilst Musa and I stayed back at Alfea.

"Hey after I finish getting ready wanna go somewhere with me. It might just help you" I suggest. "Where?" asks Musa. "You'll see when we get there" I smile, placing finger on my lip to empathises on the secrecy. Musa laughs at his and agrees. "Sure why not. If you say that'll help" smiles Musa. "Alrighty then, I know you need to go do something. So go on." I smile, shooing her away. Musa seemed surprise that I noticed but how could I not when she kept on fumbling with whatever it was in her pocket.

I walked back to our dorms to shower and change into a fresh set of clothes. Whereas Musa went to go do whatever it is she needed. Entering my room, I went to shower and took a bit extra time too allow Musa her own time. I'm still trying to get over my surprise of her also having lost her mum. It's hard loosing a parental figure, but more so a mother. The one people say takes care and loves you like no other. The love of a mother fora her child is one that can not be beat. Even though my dad tired to give me all the love of both parents, I still felt that empty missing piece in my heart.

Growing up and feeling jealous of your classmates complain about their mothers being too 'overbearing'. Watching mothers play with their children on playgrounds. Experiences that I so wished to have but never could. Cause this was the life that I was given and many have made it clear. You'd think a bunch of kids would be nice to someone who lost their mum, but nope. Kids are bunch of fucking bitches. Devils spawns if you will.

I finish my showers and decided to wear a comfier attire than my usual. It's gonna be a long day.

Clipping my hair back with a claw clip, I exit of my shared dorm and roam the school to Musa. Looking around everywhere but still unable to find her. Until the last place I left unchecked were the towers and quite frankly I didn't check them cause I didn't want to climb the stairs.

Climbing up the dreadfully and painful staircase, I scan the small are and find Musa. Sitting on the edge, with one leg up and the other dangling over the edge. Back leaned agaisnt the pillars and eyes directed at the view of Magix that was located beyond the large acres of woodland. I sneak up behind the girl lost in thoughts. Grabbing onto hr shoulder s and whispering "What you doing?" in her ear.

I began to cackle as I felt her shoulders flinch and body freeze. A look of horror coming over her face as she whips her head to face me. "Athena! You scared the hell out of me!" gapes Musa, placing a hand over her heart. But i only made me laugh harder. "S-Sorry. I couldn't help it" I laugh, comically whipping away tear from the corner of my eye. Musa let outa small huff at me before glaring in my direction.

"But you ready to go tho?" I ask now claiming down. "Yeah, but where and we going and how are we gonna get there?" Musa raises an eyebrow in question. "I can't jut tell you Musa, it'l ruin the surprise" I smile. Musa looks at me shoulders lumped, desperately wanting to know. I giggle at her.

Turning a 180 on my heel, I face the open section of the towers and wave my hand in a circular motion. Forming a portal to Lynphea. "After you madam" I bow, at the pig-tailed girl. A hand directed at the portal. Musa chuckles and walks up to me. "Why thank you kind sir" she giggles before walking inside the portal. I stand up straight and follow in after her.

Once I walk out the other end of ht portal, it closes up behind me. I look at Musa in front of me, who's turning around in 360's trying to figure out he place. We were in a large meadow, one that my dad took me often too as a kid. This place holds a special place in heart. Not many know about it and it became my escape whenever things got to hard. The meadows was split into different section, and it was by the flowers. In the far back was a yard of sunflowers, next to it was a yard of daises, a yard of butter cups, lavender, tulips, bluebells. Any flower, you name it, and it'll most likely be here. And due to the large amount of lowers that were here, the breeze always carried a sweet and delightful scent.

"It's.....Beautiful" gaps Musa, taking in her surroundings. I smile, proud of myself of having impressed her. "This was my childhood spot. It's where my mum and dad supposedly went for majority of their dates. A picnics, up on that exact hill" I point at the hill right in front of us. "I would also hear stories of how the two danced in these fields during the night. My aunt told me about it, she absolutely adored my mum" I say, walking ahead in the direction of the particular hill.

Musa follows me close behind, listening to me talk. "You never really told us why you didn't go home?" Points out Musa. "We'll, I don't really celebrate the holiday." I explain, keeping my answer vague. "This is place is cool and all but why did you take me here?" Questions the girl, with a slight pant as we climb up hill. "We'll hearing your story, reminded me of something. I haven't visited my mum in a while, since I moved to earth. Thought if I went I would get too attached, so I've been avoiding seeing her. But I decided today would a nice to visit her" I answer, bending down to pluck some flowers form the ground. Waving my hands over them, small maroon coloured glittered specks fall form my hand. Transforming the flowers in my hand to a beautiful bouquet of white star gazer lilies.

"Your mums here? She likes to chill her or something?" asks a confused Musa. "Yup. She loves to rest here, it a place that she holds closest to her heart." I answer trying my best to holding back the waterworks. I've gotten this far, I can't start crying now.

Musa seemed to have given up on asking question as the only answers she would receive where my riddle like answers. We counted to walk up the hill in silence, but not an awkward one rather a comforting one.

After a bit of struggle we finally reached the top of the hill, and Musa was exhausted and I chuckled at her poor state. She leaned over, one hand clutching her knee whilst the other supported her body my leaning onto the large oak tree beside her. "You okay there girl?" I chuckle. "Peachy. Just need a sec to catch my breath." Replies Musa holding up an okay sign. So I wait for her to collect herself, and guide her around the large oak tree. It's large branches and leaves providing a nice cool shade for us.

"Just where are we going?" Mutters Musa beneath her breath. And then I came to a sudden halt, and Musa ended up colliding into my back. "Ack!" Groans Musa, but I keep my trained on the slab of rock in front of me. The tears slowly rolling down my face as I says the words I've been waiting to say these past 3 years. "Hi mum. I'm finally back, sorry I took so long" I greet, walking forward and placing the flowers down at her grave.

Getting down on one knee, my eyes trace the cravings on the tombstone :

'Psyche Villarreal
1948-1988
The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people and places and memories and pictures. They're feelings and moments and smiles and laughter'

Lifting my finger, and dragging it through the carvings of her name. My father loved evry single thing about my mother but one thing about her he loved the most was her name. He had thought it was most beautiful name and most fitting for my mother. Aunty Erika had thought so as well.

"Athena"muttered Musa from behind, shock clear in her voice. I turned my around at the call of my name, and saw how the pig tailed fairy was looking at me with eyes wide. Mouth fallen agape and tears collecting at the corner of her eyes. I try my best to muster up a reassuring smile, but with the water works running down my face, I doubt I was able to do so. Turning my head back, I speak again "A lot has happened in these years. I went to Earth for a while, it' s actually pretty amazing. Made some amazing friends there, now that I think about it I should probably contact them soon. I sort a left without a goodbye. I can already imagine them screaming their heads off at me" A wet laugh leaving my lips as I imagine a particular pair scolding me.

"I also joined Alfea this year. It's amazing, I'm learning so much. It won't be long before I'm an amazing fairy like you. I still keep up on physical training, I've improved a lot from last time. Dad's training was brutal though." I continue to speak, as if she was really here with me. But even if she isn't with me physically right now, I know she can hear where ever she is. She promised that she'll always be with me, so I'll be taking her up on that.

"Oh yeah, I brought one of my friends with me. Mum, meet Musa" I say, turning to the the girl. Motioning for her to come over, with soft smile on my face. She looked at me surprised before shaking her head with a small laugh and walking over to me. The girl squatting down next me,   "Hi there, I'm Musa. Your daughters friend and dorm-mate. I've got to say you've got an amazing daughter, I can't even tell how many time shes saved us from trouble. Athena is an extremely cool girl and I'm lucky to have her as a friend" smiles Musa, turning to look at me as she last the words.

"Aww, thanks Musa. I'm lucky to have you as well" I coo, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and bringing the girl closer for aside hug.

Me and Musa stayed there a while. Musa also brought out a small flower device, which opened up to reveal a hologram of her mother (She was extremely beautiful). We both talked to our mums and one another's. Telling them both stories about our recant adventures. I'm glad I did this today. It feels like I can now slowly begin letting go of the past and I'm sure Musa feels the same way as well.

After woulds I opened up a another portal, taking us back to Alfea. Where we found Bloom and Stella already at our dorms. We asked the pair how the party was, and we were just told vague answers. It was clear to Musa and I that something had happened and that they didn't want too talk about it. So we didn't press any further. Rather I suggested that we do slumber party in my room. They were excited to say the least. I ordered us pizza, drinks and some other snacks. Talking the food up to the loft in my room, where we did a movie marathon./ Bloom and I showing the two fairies popular earth movies.

Originally after that was all done I was thinking we could set out air mattresses on my bedroom floor. But they all ended up passing out on my loft, which fine as well. The loft is also really comfy, I just brought the girls some extra pillows and blankets. And I just checked through any notifications I had received through out the day. They were mainly messages from Helia showing me what he had gotten his mum. Explaining how Aunty Erika hadn't caught onto his last minute preparations. Somehow Helia was able to book a last minute reservation at one my Aunts favourite restaurants.

Looking through my messages made me realise how little time I've speed with my family since I've gotten back.

Maybe I should visit him tomorrow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781K 29.1K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
162K 17.4K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
291K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...