The Boy Next Door

By em_writess

This is Dual Pov Between Ace and Mia! (A lot of flirting and a tiny bit of smut) š—”š—°š—² š—¦š˜š—²š—暝—¹š—¶š—»š—“: š™°... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
Epilouge #1
Epilogue #2
Bonus Chapter
Authors Note

[37]

825 12 1
By em_writess

Today's the day of the scrimmage.

It will start around 4 pm. So, Leah, Mia and I have some time to kill.

Well mostly me and Leah.

"How was your time with Mommy," I ask Leah.

"Fun," she says.

"That's nice. Leah, are you okay?"

"Yeah. When will Mia come down? I miss her."

"Uhh In a bit. Let me text her to see if she is ready yet."

I know for a fact she isn't going to come down because I fucked her real good last night. Before I went to get Leah she said her legs were sore and couldn't move.

MIA
              Are you coming down for breakfast?
No, I can't I am too sore Ace!
                                     Hmmmm. Leah wants
you to come down.
She does
                                       Yeah, she does!
Ughh Fine tell her I will                         be down in 5 minutes.
                                            Great see you soon!
______________________________

"Mia will be down soon," I say.

"Yay!"

We talked about some stupid stuff for a little until Mia arrives. She is in oversized sweats and a baggy hoodie.

"I took this from you," she says.

"It looks better on you than it did on me so I'm not mad."

"Mia sit next to me, please," Leah says.

"Ok pretty girl," she says.

"Here," I say and hand her a plate with two chocolate chip pancakes on it.

"Thank you," she says and starts devouring the pancakes.

"What's the plan for today," she asks.

"I am thinking that we hang around a little and then we could go around town and shop," I say.

"Sounds fun," Mia says.

"Will I see Mommy again today," Leah asks.

"Yep you will be with her at four and then I will take you to go get breakfast again in the morning," I say.

"Okay," she says.

"Well I am stuffed I think we should go get ready so we can shopping," Mia says.

"Yay, shopping!"

"Let's go," I say.
*****
"Mia we need music," I hear Leah say.

She and Mia are in the bathroom currently doing Leah's hair.

"Okay," I hear Mia say.

She walks out of the bathroom.

"Woah Ace I didn't see you there," she says.

"You looking for something," I ask her.

"Yeah, did I bring a speaker," she asks.

"I don't think so. I never saw one when I looked through your suitcase for you know."

"Right, we will be done in about 10 minutes," she says before going back to the bathroom.

"We didn't have a speaker so no music today."

"Can you sing to me like you did last time," Leah asks

Sing!

I didn't know that Mia could sing.

"Shining, Shimmering, Splendid. Tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide," Mia sings.

Wow, I never knew.

Leah comes out of the bathroom with her hair done in a low braid and overalls that are a white-cream color.

"Mia will be out shortly," Leah says.

"What happened to ten minutes," I say.

"That was for me. For her she needs about another twenty minutes," Leah says.

"Okay, let's watch something shall we," I say.

"Tangled," she says.

We sit back on the bed and watch Tangled until Mia is ready.
*****
"Relax Ace," she says.

"Relax I am relaxed," I say.

"Ace we are on the beach and the sun is hitting us at the perfect spot," she says.

"I know. It feels great I am just worried about Leah," I say.

"Your mom is with Leah. I told her to come and hang out with us," she says.

"Well that's nice," I say and relax back into the chair.

Things have been a bit strange since we fucked last night. I didn't want anything to change between us but it seems like it did.

"Ace," Mia says.

"Yeah Mia," I ask her.

"You okay," she asks.

"I'm good," I say.

"Do you wanna say goodbye to Leah and go get ready for the game?"

"We have a little time before we have to get ready so let's just sit and enjoy the moment and the view together."

"Okay," Mia says and takes my hand and places it on her thigh.

"Perfect," I say.

"Ace can I tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Your different."

"Good different or bad different?"

"If you won't let me know then I won't let you know."

"Fair enough."

This is what makes Mia so special. It's always so easy with her. She knows how to enter a room and when she does the room lights up. She gets me and I get her. She is great and will forever be the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I'm just so held bent on asking her the question.

"Okay let's head back now," I say.

"Okay," she says.

****
"We have a couple of minutes before we have to head to the court, wanna walk around for a bit?"

"Ace I can barely walk, and we just went shopping. So why on earth would I want to walk around again," Mia says while plopping down on the bed.

"Well how about I go out for a bit and you wait here," I say.

"Ace where are you going," Mia says.

"It's cute that you care but I will be right back," I say.

"Fine, be safe," she says.

I know what exactly I am going to do. Mia didn't know this but while she was walking around on the beach I ordered her some expensive clothing items.

The designer brands like Dior, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, and Prada. She deserves to be treated like a queen and that is what I am doing.

"Hey did the items arrive," I ask the person at the front desk.

"They just did Mr. Sterling. Would you like some help getting those to your room?"

"No, I can take it from here,"

I grab all the bags and walk into the elevator.

I post the picture to my snap story and right after I do that.

"I am going to kill that boy," I can hear Mia mutter from outside the door.

I open the door with all the gifts and place them down gently on the bed.

"When? How? Why?" Mia swarms me with questions.

"Mia I wanted to treat you," I say.

"Ace,"

"Mia, let me do this," I say.

"Fine. Wanna fashion show?"

"Yes please."

She gives me a fashion show of everything I got her. There were only 3 dresses in total. The rest of the items were either pairs of shoes, jewelry, or makeup.

"Ace are you ready," she says.

"Yep come out now," I say.

"Okay!"

She walks out of the bathroom in a bright blue dress.

Fuck!

"Mia," I say.

"Ace do you like it," she asks.

I get up off the bed and walk over to her. "I fucking love it," I say and bring her lips to meet mine.

"Good, I will wear it at the next event, unless I end up liking a different one."

"Sounds good to me. Let's clean up and start packing,"

"Okay!"
*****

"So what am I even supposed to do while you dribble a ball and pass it to people for almost two hours," I say.

"You could read, I saw a couple of books in your suitcase, they seem intriguing," Ace says.

"I could do that but it's not fun when people are dribbling a ball constantly, the sound is annoying, "I say.

"Your smart you will come up with an idea," Ace says.

"I know!"

I grab my tote bag and shove a couple of things in there to keep me occupied while the scrimmage is happening.

"Let's vámonos," Ace says.

"Okay," I say.
*****
It has been two hours.

Two freaking hours of watching Ace pass and dribble a ball down a court.

I have been taking notes though and let's just say I have discovered some pretty interesting things about all the players.

Jordan is left-handed and Ace is right-handed. Things like those. There are also patterns and consistency in how the players make a layup or shoot a three-pointer.

I stopped taking notes because I didn't see anything else that was worth writing down.

So now I am invested in another romance book. Twisted Games by Ana Huang. It is a really good and enjoyable book. I started it after I took my notes and now I am already on page 47.

"Okay kids water break," the coach says.

They warmed up, played a few scrimmages and then they did a few drills and exercises. Then the coach said that they should come back in two days for the actual scrimmage.

This was just to get them familiar with the court.

I watch as Ace takes a sip of his water. I know that sounded creepy but, whatever.

He catches me staring and mouths 'Are you okay' to me. I give him a thumbs up and with that, they are back on the court.

****
"Are you ever gonna put that book down," Ace says.

"Nope," I say.

He hands me a cup of tea and sits next to me on the hammock. I cross my legs over him and he places his hand on my thigh.

We got back to the hotel around 8 pm. We had dinner with Ace's parents and Leah. We were originally going to take Leah with us but Ace wanted us to have some alone time.

"So what did you do besides read when I was playing basketball," he asks.

"I took some notes on the players, you can read them if you want," I say.

"Maybe later. I don't feel like moving right now," he says.

"Me either," I say and set my drink and book down on the side table next to the hammock.

Ace grabs my chin and plants a soft, warm kiss on my lips. This kiss is nice like he is reassuring me.

I kiss him back with the same energy he gave me.

The kiss was about to deepen but that didn't happen because Ace's phone started to ring.

"Bro when are you coming back," Blake says.

"Soon," he says.

"Well, I miss you, man. Things are getting wild here."

"Are you being nice to the ladies?"

"Of course, the ladies love me especially when my di-,"

I didn't let him finish that sentence. "Blake can you see me."

"Oh Mia, hey girl."

"Yeah save it. Where are Gracie and Alexis?"

"Oh uhh about that."

"Blake how dare you leave us there. You know I don't do school functions," Gracie says.

"Oh hey Mia didn't see you there," Gracie says.

Alexis Snatches the phone out of her hand. "You two seriously need to come back, these hooligans are about to cut each other's faces off."

"We will be back soon. I send my love from afar."

"Okay well I am assuming that you and Ace wanna have some alone time so I will let you get to that, by guys," Alexis says.

We both say our goodbyes and hang up the call. "So where we're we," I say.

I was about to kiss Ace when he grabs my hands and places them in his lap.

"Mia we need to talk," he says.

"Well, those are the four words nobody likes to hear."

"Just listen to me," Ace says.

"Okay, I'll listen."

"Mia, you have been one of the most important people in my life these past couple of months. I never thought that you would stick around for this long, but you have. I want you in my life forever. I wanna grow old together and have as many kids as you want or are willing to push out. I wanna listen to you sing to our kids and read to them, but most of all. I want you by my side through all of it. Through our ups and downs. Through the many stages of life. I know we are still in High School but that doesn't matter to me." he clears his throat.

Before I can let him talk again I jump in and say something. "Ace, I want to be with you. I want you in my life. I wanna watch you teach our son how to play basketball. I wanna watch you play at some crazy NBA games. I wanna watch you fall in love with our daughter. I wanna watch you play Barbies with her even though you don't like it. But most of all I wanna experience everything life has to bring with you."

"Mia, will you be my girlfriend," Ace says.

"Yes," I say and bring my lips up to meet his. "So what do we do now, please don't say fuck."

"Mia, we just sit here with each other and talk about life."

"What about life?"

"Like how many pets and kids do you want? Will I have to make a whole room dedicated to your romance book collection?" Ace asks me.

"Uh well, I want to have at least four kids. I want to get a puppy but not until the kids are finished with sixth grade. And yes, you will have to build me my own library. I want it to be modern style and full of life."

"Then that is what we shall do."

"Don't worry I will help you build the bookshelf."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

"There is something else."

"And that is?"

"Ace, are you going to do the NBA?"

"Maybe, but I need you there."

"What happens if they won't let me in with you?"

"I'll pay them. Money isn't a problem for me or should I say us."

"Or maybe you could just ask them nicely."

"Yeah that too," Ace says.

We stay outside for a little while longer. Enjoying the view and each other's company.

A/N
They are finally a couple! I love this chapter so much because they became a couple. I hope you enjoyed it as well.

Also, my NBA and basketball knowledge is a bit rough but I will try. So the information I use about basketball might be slightly wrong.

Please like and comment if you want to!

Word Count: 2262

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.9K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
11.7M 519K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
380 52 16
Without any warning he turned toward me. I took a small step back but find the door behind me. He leaned toward me resting one arm at my head level a...
6.4K 170 30
"Why me" she softly asked "because I love when I am deep inside you" _________________________________________ Meet Alexander the hottest man on ear...