Ex-Doctor Of Rhodes Island

By zero252

The Doctor of Rhodes Island is a good man, but even good men can be broken. He tried to endure the loneliness... More

He's Had Enough
Opportunity
What Have We Done
Welcome Home
For the Greater Good
Silver Bell Tolls
SuperNova Prevention
Know Your 'Enemy'
Have we Angered A God
Living Saint
Farsight Enclave
Trial By Fire
Making An Entrance
Terra's Reaction
Farsight Will Rise
Hello Ch'en
Strategic Value Absolute
Maiden Heart
Flawless Victory!
Can We Survive What's Comming
Enemy Of My Enemy
Bombardment
We Will Fight In The Streets.
Ride Of The Valkyries
Battle Won
The Next Arc
Emotionally Compromised
Prelude To Diplomacy
Underhanded Diplomacy
Pocky
Angry Lung Noises
Farseer Agenta
The Darker Side Of Reunion
Sleep Easy At Last
Explosion!
Preserve Us
Purge Them!
Stand With Me
Dokutah!
HammerHead
BURN!
Sleepyhead
Degeneracy
White Wolf
Lord of Fiends
I Hate/Like you!
Back In Your Arms
A Good Morning
Broken Too
Lupo's Mischief
Favour
Don't Panic
A Life Forever Changed
Running Away
The Law
Amnesia vs Love
Responsibility
Caught Pt1
Caught And Shattered
Calm Before The Storm
First Moves
I'm Done Playing
Enclave vs Rhodes Island
Lost & Gained
Already Broken
A Spark Of Hope
Kalina
A Lupo's Secret Exposed?
Familiar Stranger
Anomaly Containment Corporation
Angel Of Death
Battle-Sisters
The Begining of a Downfall
The Call
Divorce?
Manipulate Fate!
Artillery spam
Harem Assemble
Over The Top
Lascannon or Bolter
Return of the King
Ex-Doctor
Questions and Answers
Our Duty Ends with Death
Safe and Sound
Guerilla Tactics
Kal'tsit and W Confrontation
Kalina's path
Small Talk
Refugees
Heroic Ursus Girls
Your Eyes
Callidus
Father & Daughter
Mostima's Choice

Karma?

3.8K 138 109
By zero252

Hey there!

The chapter was supposed to be out yesterday, but I was not feeling well and trying to sort the dentist out for a check-up.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal'tsit felt... Empty.

She was sitting in her office, dimmed lights struggling to illuminate the room, staring blankly at the computer screen—a half-drank coffee on the table.

After leaving the previous day's meeting, Kal had been sitting here most of the night, attempting to do her paperwork. Still, nothing appeared on the computer screen after hours of trying as she stared ahead with lifeless eyes. 

Her body and eyes may have failed to convey life and coherence if anyone were to see her at that moment, but her mind was anything but lifeless. 

'How could I have let everything go so wrong...' Kal'tsit thought.

From amnesia, which she never even considered, to treating Y/n poorly, driving him away, an act she never believed he would do, why would she? As far as she knew, the doctor had nothing else outside Rhodes Island.

It was all her fault. She couldn't deny it, even if her pride screamed at her to deny it every moment she continued to dwell on it. 

Kal'tsit had found herself questioning if she should have stayed with her previous husband instead of running away with Y/n, but that thought quickly died, remembering the man she once had to call her husband before Y/n.

She shuddered at the thought; what would she be like now if she had stayed with that man? 

She would be a trophy wife, popping out as many children as he wanted to use them for his agenda: no freedom, happiness, or life. A beautiful Lynx wasting away in the bowels of some mansion to show off to the wealthy elite when called. 

Kal'tsit tensed, and her spine burned at the mere thought of it. 

Y/n was always the better choice, no matter how Kal'tsit thought about it... What was the saying? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

Y/n appeared in her life and showed her what being a girl in love meant. He saved her from a marriage and a man she despised, but she still ended up being the one that became unfaithful.

Perhaps everything that was happening was catching up to her, Karma, maybe? 

Her friendship with Y/n soon became a relationship that began with secret meetings after dark and quick kisses in empty rooms and corridors. A forbidden romance that quickly became sexual in nature until both Y/n and herself no longer wished to hide and decided to run away. 

Yes... Karma.

Kal'tsit wasn't superstitious; she was logical, but nothing about what she has done regarding her ex-husband and Y/n was logical. Everything turned against her, including her attitude towards Y/n when he returned.

For all of her ex-husband's flaws, she was the one that cheated on him. She was the one that betrayed him.

She was the one that killed him. 

Weeks after She and Y/n ran away together, her ex-husband tracked them down with the connections and wealth she so willingly left behind. Finding the Lynx on her own and confronting her, He knew of her infidelity and even had the spine to look betrayed and hurt.

But when she refused to return with him? When threatened to kill Y/n? 

Kal'tsit snapped. 

Her mind went dark, and her eyes faded to red. Kal'tsit hadn't even realised what she had done before it was too late. She found herself crouching over her ex's bloodied and gasping form as he struggled to breathe, a sizeable jagged piece of metal sticking out of his chest that she had firmly clutched in her bloodied hand.

The look of confusion, pain and fear in her ex's eyes as he stared at the bloodied Lynx.

Kal'tsit remembers that day well, never truly knowing what had happened or if she should feel guilty about it. Did he deserve any of it? The infidelity, running away or the murder? She always told herself he did, but now that she no longer has Y/n by her side, maybe she was blinded and only now feels guilty. 

Kal'tsit unknowingly shakes her head in denial at the sympathy for the man that only wanted to use her.

Kal'tsit, after hours, had finally realised she had moved. She looked down at her hands in shame, as if she could still see her ex's blood on her hands. 

She cared not for her ex but for how she handled it, which shames her, and now Karma has found her and will make her miserable until the end, she was starting to believe.

Her mind soon jumped forward many years to when Y/n returned from that sarcophagus in Chernobog. How hard she tried to contain her excitement and relief to have Y/n back at her side. She stood on Rhodes Island before the crowd, ready to welcome Y/n back to her side with open arms.

She should have known it was too good to be true, that something was wrong when Amiya stepped off the transport after retrieving Y/n and stared at her in worry and pity. 

Y/n stepped off the transport after Amiya, supported by what remained of the rescue team and approached Kal'tsit.

"Doctor, Y/n" Kal'tsit stares up at her husband in worry.

"Ah? Who are you?" Y/n replied in confusion. 

Kal'tsit's entire body stiffens, and she feels like she has been punched in the gut.

"Doc...tor?"

Kal'tsit looks up at Y/n, searching his visor, hoping this was a bad joke of his, but his awkward stance and his looking around in confusion at his surroundings tell Kal'tsit everything she needs to know. 

His memories of her... Her husband was gone...

The shattered Lynx takes a shuddering breath, and with a look of cold indifference to protect herself, she waves them all away, confusing Y/n  and the others even further until she is alone in the large garage. Her hand soon finds her chest and presses it against her heart as she folds in on herself in emotional pain. 

"Y/n..." Kal'tsit whispers as warms tears drip down her cheeks and onto the cold garage floor beneath her.

Kal'tsit struggled not to fall onto her knees and cry out in anguish, never feeling so alone as she did at the moment. In the act of depression and rejection, she pulls off the gold band on her wedding finger and puts it in her pocket and out of sight.

Yes... Karma

Kal'tsit returns from her memory and still looks down at her hands, but now, she's holding the gold ring in the palm of her right hand.

How can she feel any worse than she does at this moment?

*Bzzzz*

Kal'tsit's lifeless eyes looked up from surveying her hands and ring, locking onto the glow of her phone on the desk.

"A message?" Kal'tsit uttered, slowly reached, and picked up the phone with her left hand. 

In the dimly lit room, Kal'tsit's face is illuminated by the bright screen of her phone as she opens the massage. 

A picture...

The Lynx's lifeless unblinking stare scrutinises every detail of the picture that mocks every fibre of her being. 

Her husband is kissing Texas...

Kal'tsit starts to shake in her chair, her body's first real movement in hours. Kal'tsit can feel tears falling from her eyes and liquid leaking from her nose. Her runny nose drips onto her arm, and she notices it is blood. 

She attempts to stand but quickly loses strength as everything starts fading in and out of focus, and a searing pain shoots up her back. 

Kal'tsit misses the chair and falls onto her knees on the floor behind her desk. She was clutching her face in pain and trying to stop her nose bleeding but failing. 

The lights and computer in the room flicker and die out as Mon3tr appears behind her, darker and more twisted than expected, its unusual appearance making Kal'tsit cry out in pain. 

The only light source in the now-dark office is the phone, which still shows the picture. 

The new twisted mon3tr coiling around her, and Kal'tsit trying to stop the blood from pouring out of her nose, not knowing that her tears were also streaks of blood. Kal'tsit stares at the phone on the floor in shattered hopelessness. 

Kal'tsit reaches for the phone, trying to blink out the tears of blood and grapples the phone tightly. She gasps in agony as Mon3tr rips the skin on her back and sides as if it was growing larger.

Soon her gasps cease, and there is only silence in the dark office. 

"..."

 A sound of buckling metal could be heard in the blackness. 

The room to Kal'tsit's office opens, and the twisted form of Kal'tsit and Mon3tr leave the room without so much as a sound.

Before the door closes, leaving the now empty office in darkness once more, the sight of a small crushed object on the office floor could be seen shining in the hallway light. 

A gold wedding band.

Only one thing crossed Kal'tsit's mind as she lost herself to her own blood-soaked darkness.

Was this Karma?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero-

I really enjoyed this chapter.

An entire chapter for Kal'tsit, like I said she needed. It's nice to take these existing characters and give them some real problems that need to be worked on. 

Poor Kal'tsit was young and in love. She was willing to take life itself to keep her love going.

Cheating, betrayal and murder, do you think Kal'tsit is redeemable? In this story, she must because she's part of the harem, but what is your opinion? 

I'm trying to make Kal'tsit forgivable, but many readers do not want to forgive her. If the story started with the main characters being cheated on, then yes, no forgiveness. My double standards, I know.

My dad always told me, "If someone cheats once, they are more than capable of doing it again, regardless of how sorry they claim to be." So I have mixed feelings with Kal'tsit regarding what she did to her ex-husband. 

But if I didn't state it enough. Her ex was a scumbag to her. 

I own no Art or Gif's

Thanks for the votes and support!

Zero-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 2K 113
Doctor Y/N is one of the leaders of Rhodes Island, specializing in commanding his operators in battle. After an unexpected outcome on Lungmen, the wa...
468 17 4
In the heart of Rhodes Island, the Doctor, immersed in his work, always found himself couped up in his office. The cityscape of Lungmen outside his w...
39.4K 1K 27
Y/N is a doctor with the Survey Corps, who recently finished her medical training. On her very first expedition, she meets a newly recruited soldier...
12.2K 435 22
Arknights