The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

45

29.2K 1.9K 300
By sweetdreamer33

Sebastian

Early Monday morning, I was in my office, sitting behind my desk, while Mom was standing in front of me.

"I shouldn't have trusted you to handle that deal, Sebastian. You failed me, your father, and the entire board!" She scolded me for the past fifteen minutes already, non-stop. "That was supposed to be an enormous opportunity for our company, and you blew it all away. Just because you went to Danville to prioritize your date."

"I'm so sorry, Mom." I kept on repeating my apology. I had a headache listening to her endless ranting.

"That was a very irresponsible thing to do. You could have moved your date with Sweet Treble on Sunday and prioritized meeting Mr. Takahashi. You already knew that he's a strict guy and choosy in meeting people, but still you postponed the meeting. Look where it got us!"

"I'll try to make an appointment with him again. Don't worry, okay? It's not the end of the world."

"He doesn't give second chances. There's no way that he'll meet you or any of us in the company anymore!" She hissed aloud.

"I know. I'll find a way."

"How? Darn it, Sebastian. What were you thinking, huh? You compromised the whole deal. What is it in Sweet Treble that you can't stop seeing her? I already told you a million times to get over her, and yet you prioritized her over our company."

"Please. Don't involve Sweet on this. She has nothing to do with my decision to go to Dansville."

"Why won't I involve her, huh? It's because of her you went to Dansville. What else would be your reason? The festival? To win that carrying potato sack race? You can't fool me, Sebastian. I'm your mother. I know what's going on in that head of yours. You went there because you can't wait to be with her."

She was right though, and I was jealous of Sweet hanging out with her ex. But I couldn't tell Mom about that, or she would continue to nag and scold me for another fifteen minutes.

"It won't happen again. I promise."

"Of course, it wouldn't happen again," her chin lifted so high and spoke firmly, "because right at this moment, you're out of the board, and of the company."

"What?" I stood up abruptly. "You can't remove me from our company, Mom."

"Well, I just did. There are no excuses anymore. I don't give a damn if you're my son. You're out!"

"That's not fair. We have a deal."

"What are you talking about?" She asked sharply, her eyes glaring.

"You've given me four months to clean my reputation and prove to you I deserve to be the CEO of our company. I still have two months to go. You can't just forget about that. You've given me your word."

"You're right. But because you ruined your chances, and made every one of us on the board not trust you again, then forget that ultimatum."

"What about your word of honor? As a mother, you taught me and Luna the importance of keeping your word. It's not just about respecting others, but yourself, and becoming a good example for us."

Mom took a pause, then stared at me. After nearly a minute, she sighed, then said.

"Okay, because I have a word of honor, the ultimatum still stands."

Yes! I said to myself silently. In that instant, I felt so relieved.

"You have two months more to prove to us you're qualified to become our company's CEO," Mom added, "but I warn you, Sebastian. This is your very last chance. If I hear you failing to close a deal, or not attend important meetings and missing work, because you prioritized seeing Sweet Treble, then you're out for good, with no discussion. Is that clear?"

"Very clear, Mom. I gave you my word. I'll prioritize our business above anything else, including Sweet Treble."

"Good," she nodded firmly. I knew that was what she wanted to hear. "Make sure you keep that promise, because I'm very serious this time, Sebastian. I suggest you stay away from Sweet Treble. She's no good for you."

She picked her Birkin bag on my desk and stormed out of my office.

I took a long sigh the moment the door closed. I went back to sitting behind my desk and thought of what Mom said.

Should I stay away from Sweet?

Since meeting Sweet, I couldn't stop thinking of her. My mind is full of hers. She's the reason I'm too excited to wake up early every morning and start my day. I have this energy that made me feel so much alive, something I've never experienced before. Because of her, I realized that there is more to life than spending time with friends, drinking, meaningless sex and doing life threatening adventures.

Now, every day, there's something to look forward to. The challenge of closing a deal for one, meeting new business partners, working on the invention, and, of course, the most exciting part. I couldn't wait for Saturdays to spend time with Sweet.

The revenge plan I had on her backfired on me. I realized I just used it as an alibi to keep on thinking of her. I like her so damn much that I couldn't lose her to another guy. I got so scared of losing her I went to Dansville right away without thinking of the consequences of my action. Everything didn't matter anymore, but her.

That moment, I thought. Yeah, the Japanese deal is important, but our family's business empire would still stand without it. Contrary to losing Sweet. It's like losing everything in my life.

The feel of dying was there. I've never felt like it with a woman ever before. I knew my life would be meaningless without her. She's one of a kind, and I doubt if I'd find any woman like her on this entire planet.

But seeing her running to her ex-boyfriend instead of me hurt me the most. I've never been heartbroken by a woman before, and knowing the feeling really sucks.

I blew it all. Now, I lost the Japanese deal, and Sweet to another guy.

I'd start with a clean slate and organize my life. I'd thrive and focus on the business. I was back to square one, losing my parents and the board's trust in me. I need to prove to them that nothing or no one could sway me again by losing my focus on the business. I'm 101 percent into this, and I promised to myself that this time, I wouldn't fail.

The whole week, I got so busy with work, trying to make up for the disappointment I caused to my family and everyone in the company.

"Sir, Mr. Takahashi replied to your email," James informed me on Thursday afternoon. I was feeling hopeful that the response was positive.

I emailed Mr. Takahashi, apologizing for postponing the meeting and asking for another chance to present the Mars project. I convinced him that his investment would assure a lucrative profit in his company.

"Is he open to discussing the project?"

James shook his head. "He said he doesn't want any future dealings with the Stavrakos Holdings again."

Dammit!

***

Thursday morning, James reminded me of my date with Sweet.

"It's your seventh date with Miss Treble, sir. It has to be special, just like your sixth date."

I exhaled heavily, then waved my hand, dismissing the topic. "I'm too busy working to think of the date, James. In fact, I don't give a damn about that dating deal anymore."

"But you need to unwind, sir. To relax. You've been working all the time until midnight. Your mother stated her concern. She said, it's not right anymore. Take care of your health, too."

"She noticed everything. I don't understand what she wants anymore. Now that I'm working long hours for the business, she's complaining."

"That's what some mothers do, complain," James chuckled, and stopped when I looked at him sharply.

"You plan for the date. I have a lot of things to do." I pointed at the documents on my table. "I'll be working this Saturday, so I have little time to spend on a date. You can set a fifteen minute coffee, I don't care."

"Noted, sir." He nodded, "aren't you excited to see her again?"

My lips twisted nastily, remembering how dismayed I was last Saturday. "After seeing her rushed to her ex-boyfriend when I won, nope. She just showed that she still cares for him."

"I read her blog last Sunday. She said she was helping a friend. Well, she cared for him as a friend. Together with her brother, they brought the guy to the ER. He got dehydrated and strained some muscles."

"He was not dying, for heaven's sake," I grunted. "I was tired, dehydrated and pulled some muscles too, but she didn't care about me at all."

"I'm sure she does. She wouldn't have texted me to ask how you'd been. She's concerned that you left without saying goodbye."

"That's her conscience talking. She realized what she did." I shrugged. "The damage has been done. She can't revert to it anymore."

"You mean, you're done with her?" James asked.

Am I? Why is my chest suddenly so heavy? After being hurt and feeling betrayed, I still feel so strongly about her.

I turned to James, my fingers drumming on my desk, then stopped.

"Nope. We're obligated to finish our dating deal. Then we're over. Done. We won't be seeing each other again." I sighed. "Dammit, I can't wait for that fucking contract to be over."

I said, trying to convince myself. But the mere thought of not seeing Sweet again made my chest ache.

"Okay, sir. If that's what you want. I'll organize your date, and make it quick," his eyebrows rose, then added, "because you're very busy."

"That's right, James. No more romantic dinner in my penthouse or a fine dining restaurant. Okay?"

"Noted, sir." James replied. "Coffee and a 15-minute time would be fine."

"Exactly." I answered, and he left.

The moment I was alone, I was brainstorming, evaluating what I wanted in life. Yes, my goal is to run our family's business empire, so I would start with a clean state and organize my life.

In order to accomplish my goal, I'll put my mind off Sweet, and forget my revenge plan on her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.5K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
3.3K 107 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
873K 22K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...