The Learning System is My Mis...

By 0003min

Xu Nianyun woke up, feeling disoriented. Her last memory was of her mother urging her to become an academicia... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9-10
Chapter 11-12
Chapter 13-14
Chapter 15-16
Chapter 17-18
Chapter 19-20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23-24
Chapter 25-26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-32
Chapter 33-34
Chapter 35-36
Chapter 37-38
Chapter 39-40
Chapter 41-42
Chapter 43-44
Chapter 45-46
Chapter 47-48
Chapter 49-50
Chapter 51-52
Chapter 53-54
Chapter 55-56
Chapter 57-58
Chapter 59-60
Chapter 61-62
Chapter 63-64
Chapter 65-66
Chapter 67-68
Chapter 69-70
Chapter 71-72
Chapter 73-74
Chapter 75-76
Chapter 77-78
Chapter 79-80
Chapter 81-82
Chapter 83-84
Chapter 87-88
Chapter 89-90
Chapter 91-92
Chapter 93-94
Chapter 95-96
Chapter 97-98
Chapter 99-100
Chapter 101-102
Chapter 103-104
Chapter 105-106
Chapter 107-108
Chapter 109-110
Chapter 111-112
Chapter 113-114
Chapter 115-116
Chapter 117-118
Chapter 119-120
Chapter 121-122
Chapter 123-124
Chapter 125-126
Chapter 127-129

Chapter 85-86

172 5 1
By 0003min

Chapter 85

The first thing Yun Xiaolu did when she returned to school was to find Professor Gu and explain the situation. Xu Ke was now staying at a guesthouse, waiting for news.

Professor Gu was stunned by the news for a moment before he spoke, "Are you saying that the director of your provincial electric motor factory wants to collaborate?"

It wasn't that Professor Gu was sheltered, he had participated in national projects with multimillion-dollar budgets where things got done efficiently. So, he was shocked not by the scale of the collaboration with a factory but by the fact that it was initiated by a student.

"It's not that I brought them here. They came on their own," Yun Xiaolu denied her own abilities. She had just chatted with someone on the train.

But if it weren't for you, they wouldn't have known about this, would they? Moreover, they made sure to inform you in advance. Clearly, they want you to be involved.

Professor Gu wasn't a rigid, bookish person. On the contrary, having gone through many ups and downs, he had learned to be astute. He wouldn't be completely oblivious to the situation.

"So, how do you plan to negotiate the collaboration?" Professor Gu's eyes held a hint of teasing. He had already figured out the purpose of the student coming to him earlier—it was to ensure that her hard work wouldn't be swallowed up by higher-ups.

"Professor, originally, I thought of giving the technology directly to the school and letting them negotiate with the electric motor factory. If we could make money, it would benefit the school's funding. But then I realized that if this deal doesn't make much profit, would our department get a share?"

Yun Xiaolu had no intention of profiting from this, so she didn't need to hide her plans from anyone, especially not from Professor Gu.

"You don't intend to claim a share of the profits?" Although Professor Gu had encountered many selfless individuals, he didn't believe that everyone had to be like that. After all, the technology belonged to the individual, and if they were willing to donate it, that was great. But it wasn't reasonable to force others to do the same.

But since Yun Xiaolu didn't want a share of the profits and also didn't want to hand over the technology entirely to the school, could it be that she wanted to donate the dividends later?

"I was thinking of giving 30% of the technology to the school as a way of giving back for their support. At the same time, the remaining 70% would be used as funding for research activities in our department, taking advantage of the electric motor factory's desire to leverage our school's reputation. If the profits are low, of course, it would all go to our laboratory. But if we're lucky and there's more money, any teacher or student who needs funding for research projects can apply for assistance," Yun Xiaolu explained. She felt that this amount of money could help her department to some extent, but she would never dare to imagine having enough funds to support projects throughout the entire school.

The school's funding is extremely tight. Apart from conducting research projects, it needs to cover daily expenses and some infrastructure development. Nowadays, university education is publicly funded, even meals are provided by the government. So, the school is really strapped for cash.

Any additional income attracts everyone's attention, and there would be fierce competition for a share. Professor Gu wasn't confident about how much their department would receive if that money went to the school.

"Have you thought about it? This might actually be quite profitable." Imported electric kettles cost seventy to eighty dollars, putting them in the category of "luxury goods." If this product can be manufactured domestically, even if the price drops, it could still potentially earn tens of thousands of dollars. It's a huge sum in today's world.

"Yes, I've thought about it. But Professor, I also want to ask for your help."

"Go ahead." Professor Gu was touched by the determination shown by the student. If it weren't for the concern about his own research funding, she probably wouldn't need to worry about all this. She could simply wait to be rewarded by the school.

"I want to ask you to temporarily allocate my share of the dividends to our laboratory. Once I come up with a concrete plan, I'll create something similar to the scholarship mechanisms in foreign countries and transfer the money accordingly."

Yun Xiaolu hadn't considered getting rich or seeking the limelight with this. She didn't really understand the "research fund" mentioned by "Loving to Learn." But at least it wouldn't harm her.

Given the student's trust in him, Professor Gu wouldn't refuse. He immediately agreed, saying, "I will personally talk to the school principal and secretary about this. It will be kept confidential."

Given the current situation's volatility and the fact that Yun Jia was still an underage student, it was indeed necessary to be discreet. After all, Professor Gu wouldn't swallow that money, and temporarily holding it in her name wouldn't be a problem.

"But with such a large sum of money, don't you need to inform your parents?" Professor Gu knew that this student was far from reaching adulthood.

"I will discuss it with my parents. Once we sign the agreement, I'll have them sign the authorization form as well." Yun Xiaolu had already been "legally educated" by Xu Nianyun, so she knew that many decisions now required parental consent.

"Oh, you do know quite a lot?" Not many people these days understand the intricacies of signing contracts. His student was indeed extraordinary.

When Professor Gu went to negotiate the collaboration with the school, things didn't go smoothly. Firstly, many people were unhappy with Yun Xiaolu's demand to retain 70% ownership of the technology.

However, Professor Gu had already discussed it with the dean of the engineering school. Knowing that the 70% dividend would be fully used to support research projects in their department, he intentionally made it complicated to ensure that their department would have more funding.

So, Professor Gu didn't need to say anything because the dean of the engineering school was already going all out, criticizing anyone who had any doubts about Yun Xiaolu's "lack of ideological consciousness."

"You're so noble, but why don't I see you donating some of your salary to the school?"

"If you like to flaunt your style so much, then don't snatch the funding in the future."

"It's because our engineering school has low ideological consciousness that we're only giving the school a 30% share. If you can bring in a technology and establish a collaboration that benefits the school 100%, I'll personally present you with a commendation plaque."

"My student is clearly the most selfless child. Is she keeping the 70% dividend for herself? No! She's giving it all to the school's research projects!"

"What do you mean the school needs to invest in research? Do you think borrowing a few electric drills and screwdrivers and claiming 30% is not enough? My student has even drawn up improved blueprints. With the technology she's currently researching, can any of you do better?"

If anyone feels envious, then train your own capable student. If you don't have the ability, then don't talk nonsense. The dean of the engineering school was on fire, fighting alone and achieving remarkable results.

In the end, when Yun Xiaolu was called to sign the agreement, everyone present was in high spirits, especially their dean, who was practically beaming.

How could they not be ecstatic? This was a "super major project" worth over two hundred thousand. They didn't know how Xu Ke managed to get the approval from higher-ups, but the future funding and profits of their electrical factory were going to be invested in this industry.

As long as the technology is successfully put into production, even with average sales, it would still be profitable. You see, the entire school can't even come up with tens of thousands of dollars for projects right now.

In the eyes of their dean and even the principal, Yun Xiaolu is now a "golden child." The leaders of other departments can only envy the engineering school's good fortune, and they have nothing else to say. Everyone has come to their senses now.

This student isn't lacking in "ideological consciousness." She is more than enough. She left the money behind to help the engineering school in its time of need. It is said that the future dividends will be held in Professor Gu's laboratory.

Yun Xiaolu promptly obtained the authorization letter from her parents. Without much effort, Yun Haisheng and Zhao Yueji agreed. They didn't understand the big principles, but they knew their daughter was contributing to the country. So, when the staff from the electrical factory came to their house, accompanied by Yun Yi and Wang Yuemin, they happily signed the consent form.

After everything was settled, Xu Ke invited them to a separate meal. Xu Chao and Yun Fan also attended, and they all had a great time together.

"Xu Ge, if you have any technical questions, you can call our laboratory. Professor Gu has agreed that I can use this phone to contact the factory."

Xu Ke carefully put away the phone and couldn't help but sigh, "This time, we really owe it to you, Xiaolu. Things were able to go so smoothly because of you."

You see, these universities don't have much money on a regular basis. You could even say they are extremely poor. But their attitude is quite lofty. Even if you come with money, they might not even see you. But this time, not only did he successfully negotiate the cooperation, but he even managed to establish connections with the provincial government through the prestigious partnership with Q University. They smoothly obtained the startup capital. They were indeed lucky.

Yun Xiaolu chuckled a few times. She didn't think she had that much influence. The reason the school agreed so quickly was simply that the electrical factory had "given too much." After all, not every factory has the audacity to let the technical staff take a 50% stake.

After seeing Xu Ke off, Xu Chao finally breathed a sigh of relief. He had finally left. This past month, whenever he had free time, his older brother would drag him around, making him run errands. He dared not complain.

Seeing Yun Xiaolu's expression of "Xu Family's elder brother is such a good person," Xu Chao felt the need to give her a friendly reminder.

"My older brother may appear serious, but he's definitely sly like a fox. He never does anything that would make himself suffer a loss, so you don't need to be too touched."

For every one thing he gives you, he'll earn back ten later. Xu Chao truly understands his older brother's abilities.

"Why do you say that about your older brother?"

Seeing Yun Xiaolu's incredulous look, Xu Chao sighed and said, "You'll probably understand in the future."

Several years later, when Jiangbei Electrical Factory had become a well-known domestic and international household appliance company, Yun Xiaolu looked at the thick "Group Development History" book with a big question mark in her head.

When did a small electric kettle become a "national key technology"? How did Xu Ke have the audacity to hype it up like this and attract so much investment to expand other production lines?

Xu Ke: Well, it's mostly thanks to your increasing fame. The celebrity effect is quite powerful.

As the 1980s passed, everything quietly underwent new changes. Perhaps the most noticeable change was the vibrant colors on the streets. The era of gray, white, and black was slowly fading away, and even the students at the school began to dress fashionably.

When Yun Xiaolu entered her second spring at the university, the profits from the electric kettle finally arrived.

"There's actually this much?" Yun Xiaolu looked at the 30,000 yuan in her account, feeling her heart beating faster.

"The redesigned appearance you worked on last time was well-received, and we just received a large order from Haicheng before the New Year." In fact, if the initial investment hadn't been so significant, the factory could have distributed more dividends. Xu Ke came to Beijing this time to discuss with Yun Xiaolu about improving the technology and exporting the products overseas.

"We've ordered a batch of the latest temperature-sensitive components. I came here specifically to consult you, our technical consultant, to see if we can upgrade our technology further." Currently, their power consumption is still not competitive.

Yun Xiaolu replied, "If the factory can purchase better components and kettle materials, then I can make an even better kettle."

All of her designs were limited by the current production technology. If the production technology met the standards, she wouldn't have any problems.

"We've found new component manufacturers who used to be in the defense industry but have now shifted to civilian use. Their entire component production technology has been significantly upgraded compared to the original market. If you can upgrade your end, I'll increase the size of the order."

Xu Ke's excitement could be heard in his voice over the phone. This time, they could earn a huge sum.

After hanging up the phone, Yun Xiaolu immediately informed Professor Gu about the money they received. The lab had been running out of funds for buying materials lately, and the professor's hair had thinned out considerably. This money would sustain them for quite a while.

"Are you really giving me the entire 30,000?" Professor Gu's hands trembled when he received the remittance notice. Forgive him, he had never suddenly come into possession of this much money before. Even the funding he had previously applied for was given in several installments, totaling just over 10,000 yuan.

"What if you keep some for the Dean?" Yun Xiaolu had heard about the "significant role" the Dean played in these matters.

Reluctantly, Professor Gu touched the remittance notice. In the end, after taking out the money, he gritted his teeth and gave half of it to the Dean. Lately, their department needed some mechanical equipment for teaching, but the school couldn't allocate funds even for acquiring some scrap machines.

"I receive funding directly from the state, so there's at least some progress. The teaching equipment in the department has to go through layers of approval. By the time they actually see the money, you all might have already graduated."

Yun Xiaolu had no objections to this. If the professor was willing to give, as a student of the engineering department, she also needed those teaching equipment, so she was even more willing to give.

As expected, when the Dean saw the substantial amount of money, his eyes turned red with excitement. He immediately called the logistics management department and instructed them to arrange the purchase of teaching equipment. He proudly declared that the engineering department would cover the expenses themselves.

This news caused a stir throughout the entire school. Of course, the students were unaware of the details, but it created a buzz among the influential leaders and professors of various departments. Suddenly, Yun Xiaolu felt that the teachers from different departments had become exceptionally enthusiastic. They would often initiate "chance encounters" with her to engage in heartfelt conversations.

Once she understood what was happening, progress accelerated in the matter of the "fund" she had been dragging on. A fresh initiative called the "Starry Sky Project" was officially introduced. This fund was a collaboration between Yun Xiaolu and the school. Instead of being held under the lab's name, the incoming funds would be directly allocated to this research fund, which would be jointly supervised by Yun Xiaolu and the school.

Although there was currently not a single penny in the account, everyone believed that there would be new funds coming in. So, when the Dean brought a stack of "application forms" for Yun Xiaolu to sign, even Professor Gu couldn't bear to watch.

"You're not supposed to occupy the whole space like this." Are they trying to reserve the funds for the next ten years in the engineering department?

"Dean, it's not that I won't sign for you, but this doesn't comply with the agreement we made with the school."

After the establishment of the fund, Yun Xiaolu could indeed sign on behalf of it until they found a suitable person to manage it. However, the application for research project funding required investigation and assessment, which Yun Xiaolu couldn't do on her own. Therefore, the school agreed to provide a free inspection and evaluation team.

After all, since the meat was cooking in their own pot and the students were willingly offering money, it was only fair that they provided some technical support.

"So, after the evaluation, how will you sign?" The Dean stared at Yun Xiaolu intently.

"For our department's projects, as long as they pass the evaluation, they will definitely receive the lion's share." Yun Xiaolu felt that if she hesitated for even a second, her dear Dean might unleash his "venom" on her and Professor Gu.

That's about right. The old Dean also knew that it was impossible to enjoy the benefits alone without offering others a taste. If he wasn't driven to madness by poverty, he wouldn't force his students like this.

"He's also desperate, you know." Watching the joyfully departing figure of the old Dean, Professor Gu let out a long sigh. The superiors assigned tasks, but the funds were insufficient. There was a pile of things that required money, people, and resources. The old Dean's back had become more stooped recently.

"Professor, I understand." Yun Xiaolu was well aware of how much the old Dean cared for the students. It wasn't just the old Dean; even those teachers who were trying to get close to her had their own motives.

The news of Yun Xiaolu setting up a fund with the dividends from her technical expertise quickly spread within the student community, despite her efforts to keep a low profile. It didn't take long for this matter to become a hot topic at Q University.

After all, at this stage, students didn't have the concept of "entrepreneurship." Being able to earn money while still studying was like a "fantasy." But Yun Jia not only managed to earn money, but also donated it to the school for research, making it seem even more like an unattainable dream.

"You kept it a secret so well. I couldn't believe it when others told me," Qian Fang exclaimed with excitement after receiving confirmation from Yun Xiaolu. Is this what it feels like to have a big shot beside you?

Yun Xiaolu felt a bit embarrassed and said, "Mainly, I didn't know if I could make money. It's not good to make a fuss in advance, and besides, it's not that big of a deal."

Knowing that several professors at the school had willingly donated their research results that could have won international awards, Yun Xiaolu felt uneasy about receiving the award certificate from the school. How could she take credit for it? After all, she was just a "conveyor" of system knowledge.

The rumors initially created a buzz for a few days, but soon the students' attention was drawn to other matters. There was new information about studying abroad this year, which directly affected the students' personal development and interests at Q University. The old news gradually faded from discussion.

However, Yun Xiaolu quickly noticed that something was amiss.

A while ago, wherever she went, she became the center of attention. But now, after the calm, she couldn't help but feel that everyone was looking at her with a different kind of gaze.

It was a gaze of scrutiny mixed with exclusion.

To exclude someone in an implicit atmosphere didn't necessarily require words, but it made you feel out of place through eye contact.

At first, Yun Xiaolu thought it was just her imagination. After all, she had always been well-liked and popular among her classmates. She had never encountered such a situation before.

"What did I do to make them misunderstand?" the young girl wondered, feeling confused. Her immediate reaction was to question if she had done something wrong.

Xu Nianyun felt a mix of heartache and anger as she listened to this. The heartache was for her daughter, and the anger was directed towards others.

Even though Yun Xiaolu had high intelligence, her emotional maturity was that of a young girl in her early teens. Having grown up in a simple environment, she had no idea about the conflicts and calculations of the adult world.

"It's not your fault," Xu Nianyun didn't know how to explain these things to Yun Xiaolu. Some things in the adult world couldn't be taught by others; they had to be understood through personal experience.

However, Xu Nianyun felt that it was quite cruel to expect Yun Xiaolu to understand prematurely.

In the past two years, it has been evident to everyone that all the teachers have shown a "favoritism" towards Yun Xiaolu. Not only did Professor Gu from her department pay extra attention to her, but professors and teachers from other departments also frequently called her over to inquire about things.

In the eyes of the students, these actions naturally turned into "special treatment." Yes, Yun Jia had good grades, but were they really that inferior?

Who could accept it when students who made it to Q University were considered less competent?

Initially, this subtle dissatisfaction only left a trace in the minds of a few individuals. However, recently, after Yun Xiaolu gained even more attention, everyone thought, "No wonder the teachers value her, she does have the talent."

Up until this point, the situation could still be considered relatively positive. However, recently, rumors started circulating within the school that the study abroad spots had already been "pre-determined." This news was like "throwing hot water into a frying pan," igniting discussions among the students.

Ever since the policies changed, who wouldn't yearn to go abroad and see the world? Especially for students like them, who were going to be the key focus of the country's education. If they could secure one of those spots, their future would be destined for greatness.

But how many spots were available? How many students were there in top universities nationwide? Even if these spots were all given to the two best universities, Q University and A University, how many could each department get?

Yun Xiaolu, who was completely oblivious to what was happening outside her own world, never even considered competing for one of those spots. But in the eyes of others, she was the number one competitor.

With the favoritism shown by their mentors, if their department could secure a spot this time, who could compete with her? It wouldn't be surprising if it was "pre-determined" without any competition.

"Who said we didn't earn money for the school?"

"But aren't we students? Shouldn't our focus be on our studies?"

"Ordinary students work hard too. Who would use such opportunistic methods as a stepping stone for studying abroad?"

Initially, the backbiting remarks were confined to a small circle. However, as the "study abroad" news spread and the talk of "pre-determination" increased, although the majority of people understood that even without Yun Xiaolu, they wouldn't have a chance themselves, it didn't stop them from feeling a sense of unfairness.

Yun Xiaolu could clearly sense the exclusionary atmosphere. It had even infiltrated certain classmates within their dormitory from the same department. People who used to be "affectionate and warm" suddenly fell silent as soon as they saw her. It might have seemed insignificant at first, but it happened every time. Even a fool would understand that something was going on.

"Don't pay attention to them. They're just sour grapes," Qian Fang, who was Yun Xiaolu's closest friend, even though they were not from the same department, had obviously heard about this matter.

Yun Xiaolu only just found out that she had been rumored to be "pre-determined" for studying abroad. After learning the truth, she had no idea how to evaluate this situation.

"But I didn't even plan on having those grapes."

Yun Xiaolu felt truly wronged, more so than "Dou E" herself. If she had genuinely wanted to study abroad, being misunderstood would at least have some basis, but she had never even considered participating from beginning to end. Wasn't this a bit too unfair?

Qian Fang was taken aback by her words. "You're not planning to apply?"

Opportunities like this were rare to come by. Qian Fang wasn't jealous because she knew how excellent Yun Xiaolu was, and she also understood her own capabilities. So she never even thought about it. But with Yun Xiaolu's outstanding grades and the teachers' high regard for her, she would be quite competitive if she were to apply.

"Why must I go?" What's the point of studying abroad? Isn't it to learn more advanced knowledge?

But she had a learning system, so why would she need to go abroad? The research level in foreign countries was considered "inferior" in her "love for learning" mindset.

After understanding the cause, Yun Xiaolu no longer felt the previous uneasiness. After all, at that time, she thought she had unintentionally done something wrong. But now, she was confident and had no intention of getting entangled with unrelated matters.

Qian Fang was somewhat surprised. "Why don't you want to go?"

"I just feel like this matter is far from settled. Besides, even if it were true, they choose students for studying abroad to cultivate them as graduate students. We're only in our sophomore year. How could it possibly be our turn?" She couldn't reveal the real reason, but Yun Xiaolu's explanation wasn't just an excuse. She genuinely believed that some people were just thinking too far ahead.

That explanation made perfect sense, and Qian Fang immediately understood the key issue.

Yeah, they're only sophomores. Since the study abroad quota is so limited, it should be given to the senior students who are about to graduate. They wouldn't have a chance at all.

However, what Yun Xiaolu and Qian Fang didn't know was that, as luck would have it, Yun Xiaolu might actually have a chance in this matter.

A new study abroad policy had just been announced. As long as students could pass the overseas university graduate test, they had the opportunity to receive a fully funded study abroad placement. So all the professors at the Q University School of Engineering believed that Yun Xiaolu had the greatest chance if she applied and took the test.

Just a few days after Yun Xiaolu voiced her thoughts, Professor Gu called her into his office to discuss the matter.

"The test questions will be sent from overseas. Students from universities all over the country will participate. Previously, there were no quotas for engineering majors, but this year, some students who are going abroad in the fall have been accepted into engineering programs at several foreign universities. So, I hope you will consider taking the test."

Professor Gu had great confidence in Yun Xiaolu's abilities. He even believed that her talent surpassed that of foreign elite students, even if she were to go abroad.

In recent years, the Department of Physics and the Department of Mathematics had been "secretly competing" with Yun Jia. But with Professor Gu and the dean guarding the gate, those shameless individuals couldn't steal anyone away.

However, Professor Gu was well aware that with Yun Jia's ability to absorb knowledge, the domestic curriculum was no longer sufficient for her. Continuing to stay in school and attend classes with ordinary students would only hold her back.

Chapter 86

Yun Xiaolu understood Professor Gu's intention for her to study abroad, but she couldn't explain to him the reason why she didn't want to go.

"I feel like I'm going to be in a difficult position now." Yun Xiaolu leaned on the desk, lost in thought. She could only share her feelings with Xu Nianyun.

Just recently, she had completed three foundational A-level courses and was planning to take two more A-level courses. How could she possibly go abroad at this point?

"You could consider going and taking a look." Xu Nianyun believed that sometimes having a broader perspective was important. As comprehensive as the knowledge in the system was, it couldn't replace the real-world experiences and insights. Yun Xiaolu's exposure to the world was still limited.

"But if I go, then someone else won't be able to go." Although Yun Xiaolu didn't pay much attention to these matters, she knew that studying abroad on a government scholarship required a lot of money. If it didn't cost so much, she would have gone already. But now, there were many people who wanted to go but couldn't.

"That is indeed a problem, but you don't have to burden yourself too much. I think, compared to you going, it might be better if some people didn't go." Xu Nianyun had received a scholarship while studying, and she paid for the rest of the expenses herself. However, she knew that not all government-sponsored students would return to their home country. Some would stay abroad for the rest of their lives.

She didn't have many comments on personal choices, but instead of letting those who were destined not to return spend this money, why couldn't it be Yun Xiaolu who used it?

One student nurtured by ten thousand farmers, it wouldn't make sense to send them away to contribute to someone else.

Yun Xiaolu didn't understand the meaning behind Xu Nianyun's words. In her understanding, all students were supposed to return to their home country, so of course, this great opportunity should be given to those who needed it more.

After hearing Yun Xiaolu's response, Professor Gu couldn't comprehend and asked, "What do you mean you don't want to go?"

He had been trying to connect her with overseas universities and see if there were any exceptional professors and schools that could accept her. Yet, Yun Jia unexpectedly said she didn't want to go?

"Didn't you say that learning could happen anywhere? I don't think I would learn worse than my classmates who go abroad if I stay in China. This opportunity is rare, and it might be better to give it to someone who needs it more."

Yun Xiaolu knew that this year's quota was the highest in history, but with only three thousand spots to be divided among universities nationwide, even top universities like Q University couldn't receive enough spots.

Professor Gu was clearly anxious. He couldn't understand why his student would want to miss out on such a great opportunity. He recalled how he himself had eagerly pursued the chance to study abroad. Why was it different for young people now?

"But don't you understand that you can learn better if you go abroad?"

Some geniuses were modest when they claimed to be worth ten ordinary individuals. This student of his had already completed all the major courses in their sophomore year and even audited classes in the Chemistry department. Professor Gu couldn't allow such a talented individual to miss out on the best educational resources.

Seeing the old man getting so worked up that he seemed ready to bang the table, Yun Xiaolu immediately became timid. Normally, the old man would smile warmly at her, so this was the first time she saw him red-faced and angry.

"Haha, Professor, let's not get angry. I was just saying. Let's discuss it slowly. It's getting late today, so you're busy. I'll go first."

She ran out of the office as if she was fleeing for her life. Yun Xiaolu felt that if she had been a step slower, the old man might not have been able to resist hitting her on the head.

"Why does he have such a bad temper at his age?"

Of course, Professor Gu didn't hear Yun Xiaolu's sarcastic comment. After calming down, he couldn't help but feel that something was seriously wrong with this situation. He asked himself, if he had this opportunity, he would never give it up. And Yun Jia wasn't a fool, so how could she really not want to go?

Something was off! Something was definitely off!

Realizing that something fishy was going on, Professor Gu immediately rushed to the laboratory and called all his other proud protégés for a meeting.

And then Professor Gu exploded.

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" After hearing that someone had deliberately slandered his proud protégés, the old man's face turned red with anger. He couldn't fathom how they could not want to further their studies unless they had been hit on the head by a donkey.

"Do you also think that Yun Jia can only go abroad through connections?"

Seeing the displeased look in the old man's eyes, several senior students cried out injustice. They knew Yun Jia's abilities even if others didn't. She was always the one helping the professor with the most challenging technical tasks in the lab. She even occasionally "tutored" them in their major courses.

To be frank, if there was only one spot available in the entire school, they believed that Yun Jia, with her abilities, would be the deserving candidate.

"Professor, we wouldn't gossip about such matters. It would only make our junior sister feel uneasy."

At most, they would defend their junior sister when they heard such rumors. But spreading baseless information to the teachers? That would be insane.

Professor Gu didn't actually think his students were capable of such behavior. He eased his expression and said, "You are aware of Yun Jia's abilities, and I'm willing to be transparent with you. I did intend for her to study abroad. However, the opportunity for going abroad requires participation in a unified examination, which was supposed to be announced in a couple of days."

This time, in addition to Yun Jia, there were a few other good third-year students whom Professor Gu wanted to give a chance to.

"Professor, can we also sign up?" The students' eyes lit up, but there was some hesitation since they were only in their third year.

See, this is the normal reaction, isn't it? It's Yun Jia's response that's odd.

"This year's study abroad process is somewhat formal. We don't have any fourth-year students in our department, so you can all give it a try. If you pass, come find me, and I'll advise you on the schools to apply to." It was an honor for Professor Gu to see his students succeed, and he would certainly do his best to help them.

However, these matters weren't the most important right now. The most crucial thing was to suppress the "unhealthy trend" that had emerged.

"The information about the examination should be announced soon. If any of you want to take a leave to prepare, you can come to me for a written note." Since it had been mentioned, it was better to organize things properly.

As expected, news about the study abroad examination spread like wildfire two days later, sweeping through every corner of Q University. At this point, the endless stream of "inside information" had disappeared, and everyone's attention was focused on the examination.

After a small meeting with the dean, Professor Gu walked into the classroom for a lecture, and in the last half hour, he maintained a stern expression as he wrote two challenging questions on the blackboard.

"Anyone willing to give it a try?"

The two questions weren't very long, but probably less than 20% of the students present could truly understand them.

Except for Yun Xiaolu, who had already started working out the calculations on her rough paper, most of the students were puzzled by Professor Gu's move. After all, the old man had never been harsh on his students before!

"Yun Jia, can you do it?" Professor Gu intentionally wore a cold expression as he singled out Yun Xiaolu.

Yun Xiaolu glanced at Professor Gu and then at everyone around her who were whispering but not attempting to solve the problems. Resigned, she put down her pen and walked up to the podium to start solving the problems on the blackboard.

"Aren't there any others? I heard there are many people who are dissatisfied recently. They should step up and show their abilities."

Professor Gu's cold remark instantly chilled the temperature in the classroom by a few degrees.

"The scope of knowledge required for these two questions is at the level of fourth-year students. Strictly speaking, they are quite difficult for third-year students. But since you all seem interested in pursuing graduate studies, it is natural that you should possess this level of ability."

Seeing the continued silence in the classroom, Professor Gu finally asked again, "Are you really not going to give it a try?"

More than ten minutes passed, and Yun Xiaolu had already finished writing the entire solution for one question and moved on to the second. Professor Gu stepped back onto the podium, casting a serious gaze over the students below, before speaking slowly.

"To be honest, I am disappointed today. Not a single one of you dared to come up to the stage."

"I have heard some of the rumors and gossip that have been circulating. There are various versions, and I have to admit that I was quite angry when I first heard them. But after the anger subsided, I could understand everyone's feelings. After all, it is natural to feel discontent when faced with injustice."

"But after understanding, I couldn't help but feel disappointed again. It has been over a month since the news about studying abroad came out. I would like to ask all of you: when you heard such crucial news about your future, and the possibility of injustice occurring, did any of you ever think to come and ask the teachers for the truth?"

"Or did any of you consider openly and honestly asking Yun Jia herself?"

"As classmates, spreading baseless speculation behind someone's back, have you ever thought that such groundless conjecture itself is a despicable act?"

"All of you are elites selected from the entire country, each one of you is a future pillar of society. It's not a problem if you feel dissatisfied with others, but if that's the case, why don't you dare to step up and give it a try?"

In reality, there were definitely more students capable of solving these two questions today, but what disappointed Professor Gu was that no one was willing to come up and try.

"Speaking up against injustice is the act of a noble person, while maintaining silence does not make one a villain. However, hiding in the shadows and tarnishing others' reputations is certainly not an honorable action."

"The school had already released the exam notice, and the rumors need no further explanation. So why am I bothering to expose them today?"

"Classmates, when it comes to doing things, one must first establish their character. I, Gu Ping, do not consider myself a small-minded person and can tolerate questioning from my own students."

"All humans have their own self-interests, and I am no exception. But my self-interest lies in hoping that each of my students can become the pillars of the nation with integrity and character. If you have soaring aspirations, I am willing to support you on your journey, step by step, towards success."

"The application procedures for studying abroad have already been announced by the school. If anyone wants to apply, you can do so. Once you pass the exam, you can come to me for inquiries regarding the application process."

The dismissal bell rang at the right time, and Professor Gu announced the end of the class before leaving. However, the students sitting in the room remained motionless. Many of them couldn't help but feel their eyes welling up with tears and a sense of guilt, making them feel extremely uneasy.

After Professor Gu left the classroom, Yun Xiaolu finally put down the chalk in her hand. She looked around at those who were avoiding her gaze.

"I initially found this whole thing very boring, so I didn't think of arguing with anyone. But now that the professor knows about it and has brought it up, it seems spineless of me to continue pretending I don't know."

"So, today I'm making my stance clear. If anyone feels dissatisfied, let's settle it academically. If you think I'm bullying you, then let's compete in our respective research fields in the future."

"As for this study abroad opportunity, since someone is so concerned about my affairs, it would be unfair to those who genuinely care if I don't even attempt the exam. So, if I don't rank first this time, consider it my loss."

After leaving the classroom with her belongings, Yun Xiaolu's face remained expressionless. To be honest, she wasn't sure if she should have said those words just now. However, seeing how Professor Gu could handle the situation with such composure, she knew she shouldn't have any doubts.

"Yun Xiaolu, you were really impressive just now," Xu Nianyun's voice sounded at the right moment. Although her words sounded a bit naive, as long as one carries themselves with dignity, there is nothing to fear.

After Yun Xiaolu left the classroom, some students stood up.

"We should apologize to the professor and Yun Jia."

Whether intentional or unintentional, they indeed criticized their teachers and misunderstood their classmates because of those groundless rumors.

"Speaking ill of others behind their backs is not the behavior of a noble person. If I've done something wrong, I should apologize. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel comfortable staying in the professor's class."

"I'll go with you."

"I'll go too."

Young people are often impulsive and passionate, but having the courage to apologize after understanding the truth is the true purpose of this ideological education class.

After hearing the students' apologies, Professor Gu also heard that they had sincerely apologized to Yun Jia themselves. Finally, a slight smile of contentment appeared on his face.

"In the future, when facing a situation, it's important to think rationally. If there is a genuine injustice, you can speak up, but don't believe every rumor you hear, and don't let those petty individuals influence your judgment."

"Teacher believes that you are all good children and have your own integrity. You are the hope of the nation, and the responsibility will fall on your generation in the future."

When students make mistakes, it is a combination of reprimanding and encouraging them, a "one-two punch" that all excellent educators have long realized. Based on the development of today's events, Professor Gu seems to have grasped this concept thoroughly.

These students are not just classmates; they will be "comrades" in building the country in the future. They are the future pillars, and if there are occasional divergences, they can be resolved in a timely manner.

However, today also brought an "unexpected joy." It was initially expected to require some persuasion to convince Yun Jia, who had "emotional issues," to agree to take the exam. But unexpectedly, this little guy had already made some strong statements on her own.

Will she rank first? Professor Gu expressed his anticipation.

Yun Xiaolu felt quite embarrassed by her classmates' collective apology, but she was actually happy that the matter was resolved smoothly. After all, the young girl didn't want to have any lingering grievances with her classmates during their shared class life. Opening up and talking things out naturally leads to positive outcomes.

However, perhaps because her strong statements were seen as "arrogant," teachers from various departments had started using her as seasoning to stimulate students.

"The sophomore has already made her stance clear. If you don't want to be proven wrong, you old students can handle it yourselves."

"It's said that Yun Jia from the School of Engineering is a genius. I can't accept that. Can my students be any worse? Students, whether I can hold my head up high when I see Professor Gu outside will depend on you."

When Yun Xiaolu noticed the peculiar looks from everyone recently, she belatedly realized that her impulsive remarks had been used by teachers from various departments to fuel the fire.

"How could they do this!" Yun Xiaolu, together with Yun Fan, vented their frustrations during their dinner together. They felt that the teachers had gone too far, deliberately provoking "animosity" towards her.

Yun Fan, however, chuckled and said, "Haha, my sister truly has spirit. Impressive."

Xu Chao glanced at the little girl who was focused on poking her food and a trace of worry flickered across his face. Although she didn't elaborate on why she had made such remarks, Xu Chao, who was always attentive, couldn't miss that something was amiss.

"Are there people in your school causing trouble for you?"

Although Yun Jia was already a sophomore, she was only sixteen years old. Besides her intellectual brilliance, she still exhibited a noticeable childlike innocence in this era of precocious youth.

Yun Xiaolu shook her head. "Who am I? Who can make trouble for me? It's just that the competition for studying abroad is fierce, so I blurted out those words."

Yun Xiaolu was no longer a child. She didn't like running to her family or teachers every time something happened. Moreover, she didn't want to be treated like a child, so she was particularly reluctant to reveal her grievances to others.

Xu Chao clearly didn't believe her, but when he saw Yun Fan's expression starting to change with worry, he nodded and said, "As long as you know what you're doing."

Yun Fan looked at Yun Xiaolu skeptically. "Are you really not being bullied?"

"Do you think I'm the kind of person who would swallow her anger?" Yun Xiaolu raised an eyebrow and asked in return.

Certainly not. Normally, if he said one sentence, this little thing would have ten comebacks. Just think about how formidable the person who could bully his sister must be.

After a satisfying meal, Yun Xiaolu returned to school. However, she didn't expect Xu Chao to specially come looking for her again the next day.

"My brother and I will soon be going for grassroots internships with the military. If you encounter any issues, don't endure the grievances on your own. In order to prevent your brother from worrying, you can write to me first. Although I may not be as intellectually gifted as you, I have a few more years of life experience. Perhaps I can offer you some advice."

Xu Chao pondered all night and felt that he couldn't rest assured without coming over to give some advice. The little girl was too young, and even if she was smart, her age and life experience were limited. Placed in this competitive environment, she might suffer some setbacks.

"Xu Chao, how did you figure it out?" Yun Xiaolu had actually been curious about this since yesterday, but she didn't want to ask in front of her older brother.

"You're not the type to show off, and saying those things must mean something happened." It seemed like a frustrating and grievous matter.

"The truth is, everything has been resolved."

Yun Xiaolu looked at Xu Chao's concerned gaze, feeling a slight warmth in her heart, and then briefly explained the situation.

"They have all apologized to me, and I'm really not angry anymore. Yesterday, when I said that, it was just for fun."

Xu Chao furrowed his brows as he listened to Yun Xiaolu's account. In the end, his expression relaxed. The school was relatively simple, so this matter could be resolved smoothly.

"The professors are indeed treating you well. So study hard for your exams. I heard that the opportunity to study abroad is highly sought after. You need to seize it."

Yun Xiaolu was worried about this matter. If she took the exam and released the results, it didn't necessarily mean she would go abroad. She hadn't made up her mind yet.

Seeing a flicker of hesitation in Yun Xiaolu's expression, Xu Chao couldn't help but ask again, concerned, "Is there something else that hasn't been resolved?"

"No, I'm fine. It's just that I'm thinking about something. Xu Chao, do I have to go abroad?" Clearly, many people choose not to study abroad, so why did the teachers insist that she must go?

"I don't know about others, but I think if you can go, then go. Yun Jia, you are the most studious person I know. Although I don't know your specific plans for the future, after we graduate, we'll all be assigned jobs. If you can study abroad, the unit you join after returning will be better."

"Of course, even if you don't go abroad, you'll still be in demand. But who knows what will happen in the future? If there's a smoother and broader path, why not take it?"

Xu Chao was a person who knew how to make choices, so he believed that if he were Yun Jia, he would definitely seize this excellent opportunity. However, he didn't know what concerns the young girl had, so he couldn't speak too definitively.

"I just feel that whether I study abroad or not, there won't be much difference in my academic performance, so why waste such a great opportunity?" Yun Xiaolu said this naturally to Xu Chao, without worrying that he or others would think she was arrogant.

"Perhaps there won't be much difference in knowledge acquisition, considering your talent. However, there are many things that go beyond academic knowledge. By going out and experiencing the larger world, you can truly understand the gaps between us and others. Maybe this will allow you to go even further."

In reality, if given the opportunity, Xu Chao would also like to go out and see the world. However, as a military man, it was not feasible for him. Therefore, he sincerely hoped that Yun Xiaolu would have the chance to explore the bigger world and become a better version of herself.

At this point, apart from studying abroad or visiting relatives, there were hardly any other opportunities to go abroad. If Yun Xiaolu didn't cherish this opportunity, who knew when the next one would come? Additionally, Xu Chao had a vague feeling that Yun Xiaolu's future job might be quite important, making it even more inconvenient for her to go abroad later.

After all, at this moment, apart from Xu Nianyun, no one knew what the future held in terms of development.

"All things considered, without taking anything else into account, don't you really want to go and see?" Xu Nianyun sensed the internal struggle of her daughter and suddenly spoke up.

How could she not want to go and see? Yun Xiaolu had loved going out since she was little. She didn't even want to miss a local gathering. How could she truly be indifferent to the opportunity of studying abroad? Her hesitation was simply because she knew it would incur significant expenses.

"If you want to go, then go. This is an opportunity you've earned through your own abilities. Why would you give it up?"

Xu Nianyun wasn't speaking for herself. If it were her own decision, she probably wouldn't be particularly interested in the current foreign countries. However, Yun Xiaolu was a true child of the '60s, and the farthest she had been was to the capital city and the military base of Yun Da.

In the past, Ms. Yun had hoped that Xu Nianyun would go out and see the world during her prime years, and similarly, Xu Nianyun also hoped that Yun Jia would have such an opportunity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 942 62
https://m.shubaow.net/247/247035/ By: Dorothy Picking Mushrooms Category: Rebirth through time Release time: 2022-05-09 Latest: Chapter 062 rebirth f...
27.9K 335 14
Typhoon, heavy rain, extreme cold, extreme heat, hail, heavy fog, extreme night... all kinds of natural disasters swept across. ใ€€ใ€€After lingering for...
97.7K 2.8K 27
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...
73.8K 1.8K 127
Author: weaving acridine Latest: Chapter 118 Extra Story Chinese name:ใ€Š้‡ๅ›žๅคฉ็พๅ›ค่ดงๅฟ™ใ€‹็ป‡ๅ– In 2030, a torrential rain swept across half of Blue Star, floods...