Midnight, The Stars & You

By WestCoast14

Genevieve Chalamet has grown up visiting Paris ever since she could remember. Her father was from Nîmes, but... More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.

13.

1.6K 30 12
By WestCoast14

Summer 2010
Monaco

Ginny's first period lasted a full week. The belligerent cramps ceased in her tummy, blood stains on her pants became less and less, and the overwhelming sense of anger detracted. She felt like herself again and she wasn't the only one. Pierre had been somewhat of a nurse throughout the whole process- of course, only when Charles wasn't around.

He would nonchalantly tell the parents he wanted to stay home when they were all going out to dinner, blaming the fact he wanted to play video games. They never asked twice... reminding one another Pierre was 'in that phase of life.'

Once everyone would leave, he'd become a fallen angel, making sure to sit with Ginny while she cried out in pain, rubbing her stomach so the blood could settle, making her warm tea and hot chocolate... all the works. She was always on edge though, wondering when he'd return to the devil she knew.

She would catch glimpses, like when Charles would sometimes put on a movie for just the two of them to watch, or when he'd try to take over as nurse. Pierre would linger from afar, always keeping his diligent sea-green eyes on his friend. But, it wasn't until Ginny woke up one morning to no blood and no pain that his true-form was back and furious as ever.

"Pain Au Chocolat or Toast?" Charles asked Ginny as they stood in his parents kitchen.

The walls were painted a light coral color that bounced off the bright white-tiled floor. The appliances were all metallic or grey and seemed fairly new. A dark granite island sat in the middle of the room, with a sink and ice machine built in. There were a few stools that surrounded the island and Pierre was on top of one with a grimace.

Ginny didn't want to have the chocolate croissant unless Charles was also going to have one. She felt embarrassed for some reason... worried that Pierre would make a comment about her weight if she asked for the pastry first. "What are you going to have?"

Charles flicked his hair to the side, looking more like a pop-star than karting driver. He was still in his pajamas, like herself, wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a tee shirt with Spiderman printed in the middle. "You should know the answer to that."

Ginny chuckled, nodding towards the pastry with a grin. "Pain Au Chocolat for two then."

"Good choice." He winked down at her whilst he hoisted himself on the counter and grabbed the croissants from on top of the fridge.

"You're going to get fat eating those." Pierre commented with a growl. "You'll lose time on laps. Weight means everything, you know."

Charles hopped down with the box of pastries in his hands. He set them on the island with a thud. "It's not like I eat them everyday."

Pierre, who was shirtless and only wearing swim trunks, glanced at his friend with a raised brow. Ginny wondered if he had planned out the encounter, so he could show off his bare upper body in hopes to make Charles jealous.

She had seen other boys shirtless at the pool and beach, including Charles, but Pierre was so tall that his stomach looked like a flat surfboard. If she looked hard enough, which she wasn't, there were tiny lines that ran across his skin. "It only takes one to fuck up your regime."

"Charles is in great shape." Ginny defended her friend in a low voice, peering over the island with a frown.

"I'm sure you think so." Pierre rolled his eyes, allowing them to land back on Charles. "When are you going to ditch her, man?"

Charles pulled out a croissant and gave it to Ginny before replying, "Why would I do that?"

Pierre gritted his teeth, pushing the bowl to his side. He leaned forward. "Ginny has a crush on you, did you know that? That's why she follows you around all the time."

Ginny's cheeks went crimson. She could feel all the heat in her body drain to her face. She didn't dare look at Charles in fear of rejection, but she couldn't look at the sandy haired devil either. She let her eyes wander to the floor, where she stared at the dust specks underneath the cabinets. Her hands fiddled with the pastry- her appetite completely gone.

"You're going to be friends with that ugly toad when you know she like-likes you? Better to drop her now, mate. Plus, she should lay off the Pain Au chocolat too, fat ass." Pierre continued with an immense amount of hatred dripping from his morning voice.

"Maybe I like her too!" Charles barked back, closing the box with more force than necessary. "Maybe I have a crush on her too! What does it matter to you, Pierre?"

Those harsh sea-green eyes flickered between them, looking almost betrayed. "She's younger than you, pervert."

"When we're older..." Charles lingered on each word with a growl. "We'll be together."

Pierre shook his head, laughing like a mad-man. "Together? Together? You're a comedian, Charles! Really. I didn't realize you were into shit... cuz that's what she is."

Ginny could feel the tears swelling in her eyes. Even if what Charles had said made her insides twist and turn into butterflies- Pierre would always be the last on her mind. All because he likes to bully her. All because he thinks he's so much better than the rest of them. What had she done to piss him off so much? What had she done to ruin his day just by her presence? Where had the fallen angel gone and why was it only sometimes he'd look at her with a gleam?

"Take that back!" Charles raised his voice, which was an unusual sound to hear.

"No!" Pierre yelled back, jumping off his seat. He landed on the floor and kicked the stool to the side. "Ginny is an ugly piece of shit and should know it. You're not helping her by saying otherwise."

Ginny wanted to speak. She didn't want Charles to fight a battle just for her. She needed to stand up for herself. She needed to summon the anger that had left her so willingly. She let out a breath and swallowed hard. "You're just jealous I like Charles and not you."

Pierre came to a halt. He furrowed his brows together and stared at her. She could feel Charles watching her too. But he had a ghost of a smile on his lips, unlike Pierre, who was snarling like a dog. "What did you just say to me?"

"I said..." Ginny balled her hand into a fist at her side. "You're just jealous I like Charles and not you."

Pierre scoffed, placing a hand over his heart whilst he laughed. "You think I'd ever be jealous of Charles?"

"He's been beating you." Ginny looked into his now dark eyes. They were like the color of a storm beyond the ocean. "He's been winning every race, while you can't even get a podium."

"I won-"

"It doesn't matter." Ginny interrupted, not knowing where her bravery was coming from. Maybe it was just a facade- or because she couldn't let the devil talk bad about someone she cares for so much. "The little poke at Charles for his weight- you just want to get into his head and mess with him. You're just as bad as your dad."

Pierre lunged at Ginny but Charles stood in the way, holding an arm out to protect her as she stumbled backwards. Pierre tried to shove past him, but Charles used his free hand to swat him away. "You bitch!"

"Hey!" Charles' older brother, Lorenzo, stepped in the kitchen with a vein popping from his neck. He looked different from his other siblings. His hair and skin was just a bit darker, and he towered over the boys like a skyscraper. He was Pierre's age, but always acted much older, like Pauline. "N'appelez jamais une femme par ce nom."

"I'll call her a bitch if I want too!" Pierre smacked Charles on the side of his head. Ginny flinched, knowing that it was actually meant for her. Charles winced, letting out a groan from the impact.

Lorenzo quickly grabbed onto Pierre's shoulders and dragged him towards the living room. "This kid. II a une tête tellement chaude. Je ne sais pas quoi faire de lui." (He's such a hot head. I don't know what the hell to do with him)

"I'm not a kid!" Ginny heard Pierre yell in the distance.

Charles turned to her and swiftly brought her in for a hug. The two of them tuned out the loud voices in the other room. They just held each other tight until one of them spoke. "Thank you, Ginny."

"No, thank you, Charles." Ginny whispered into his chest. "I'm sorry you always have to stand up for me."

She thought about what Pauline had taught her. Would her sister be proud right now? Ginny longed for her guidance... not that she'd really care now that she was an adult and living her best life back home.

"Eh, hem." Chloe coughed from the doorway.

It was in that moment that Ginny thought about what Charles had said. 'Maybe I like her too! Maybe I have a crush on her too! What does it matter to you, Pierre?' She blushed bright pink as they bounced apart, looking at the only Leclerc sister with embarrassed expressions. Chloe peered between them. "What's going on? I heard yelling?"

"Pierre." Charles and Ginny sung in unison.

"Pierre." Chloe groaned in return. "Where is he?"

"Lorenzo took him away." Charles jutted his chin towards the living room down the hall. "He called Ginny a bitch."

Chloe waved her hand around like she was ready to fight. "I'm actually going to murder him."

"You should go back upstairs." Charles shook his head. "Enzo is probably going to come talk to us- find out what happened."

"Yeah." Ginny nodded. "I don't want you in trouble too."

"You two aren't going to get in trouble." Chloe crossed her arms. "I'll make sure of that. Plus, I was also sent to let everyone know we're going to the beach."

"Good." Lorenzo's voice boomed as he strode in with a tired-looking face. "Peut-être que I'eau refroidira Pierre."

"I heard that!" Pierre screamed. His voice echoed down the hall.

Lorenzo clenched his jaw. "Or maybe not."

"I don't think the coldest of waters will ever cool off that demon." Chloe rolled her eyes.

Lorenzo turned to Charles and Ginny with a raised eyebrow, somewhat accusing. "What happened? Does he always talk to you like this, Ginny?"

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

Ginny glared at Chloe and Charles. She didn't want Lorenzo to tell her parents... it'd be like Pierre won. She'd be the snitch and he'd treat her even worse. He would know that his words affect her. Charles looked at her confused. Lorenzo seemed even more confused.

"No." Ginny confirmed. "He doesn't normally. I think he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Lorenzo let out a sigh. "Should I tell your parents?"

"No!" Ginny pleaded. "Please don't."

Charles side-eyed her with a slight appearance of disappointment, but it flashed away before she could think twice. "He got carried away. It was more of a sibling fight between me and him... Ginny just jumped in to be nice and Pierre didn't think."

"He never does." Chloe whispered.

Lorenzo held his hands up defensively. "If you say so. I'm going to get ready for the beach."

Chloe watched her brother go all the way upstairs before running over to Ginny with a frown. "Why didn't you tell him?"

"Yeah." Charles grabbed her arm. "Are you scared Pierre will retaliate?"

"No, well, maybe, I don't know. It was something Pauline said to me about not letting Pierre get under my skin. Just trust me, please?"

"Okay." Chloe sighed. "But he's not getting away with calling you a bitch. That's for sure."

"Drop it, Chlo." Charles shook his head. "Whatever you have in mind will just make things worse."

"No promises." Chloe winked. "Anyway, I need to change too. I'm going to borrow Ginny so she can help me pick a bathing suit. Go make-up with Pierre before the parents notice something's wrong."

Charles chewed his bottom lip. "Fine."

"It's okay." Ginny assured him. "I don't want to come between you guys."

"You're not." Charles squeezed her hand. "I'll see you guys in a few."

"Kay." Chloe urged him away. She turned to Ginny and yanked her to the stairs. "You better tell me what went down. Every detail."

But when the two girls went upstairs, Ginny did not tell her what happened. She turned the attention to Chloe's closet and focused on the variety of bathing suits. She wanted to tell Chloe about all the things Pierre had said, but there was a big problem in doing so.

Ginny didn't want to bring up the fact Pierre called her out for having a crush on Charles. Chloe's brother. That'd be so strange. What if Chloe got mad? Ginny would wait until they were older... maybe then she would understand. Older...

'When we're older... we'll be together.'

Ginny blushed and wondered if one day they would be together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 3.6K 26
Enzo Elodi Wolff, Daughter of Toto Wolff. An internet sensation that every girl wants to be. In love with the opposing teams driver? 🔸Instagram st...
142K 2.6K 55
Amelie Gasly, sister to Formula 1 driver Pierre Gasly, is working hard to make a name for herself. She's set on being one of France's defenders in th...
32.3K 894 36
»»----- ★ -----«« her who falls in love with the boy who made her cut classes and him the ladies man of the paddock »»----- ★ -----«« "You can keep m...
215K 3K 102
Y/n has never had much of a family, it was always her best friend Jules and after the accident the Leclerc's took her in. Falling short of her promis...