Hearts of the Lonely (Reader...

By cos_at_your_service

Y/N becomes lost in the forest while camping, and a ghoul, Mountain, finds them. They are brought back to a c... More

1- Lost
2- What the Fuck
3- Cara Mia
4- Introductions
5- New Home
6- Ritual
7- Rats
8- Plants
9- Ghouls
10- Ghouls (Pt. 2)
11- Band Practice
12- Work
13- "Wait, did he plan a date?"
14- Quick Visit
16- Summer Solstice
17- Friends
18- Special
19- Alone
20- Rescue Mission
21- Time Together
22- Caught
23- Ghouls & Angels
24- Phantom
25- Full Moon
26- Shopping Fiasco
27-Meetings
28- Rising Tension
29- Confrontation
30- Favors
31- Trouble Brewing
32- Febreeze & Foiled Plans
33- Temporary Housing
34- *Back Again
35- Test
36- *Test (Pt. 2)
37- Fall Festival
38- An Eventful Halloween
39- Season's Greetings
40- The Chimes Close to Midnight
41- New Plans

15- His Greenhouse

911 32 16
By cos_at_your_service

"Hey, how are you?"

"A lot better, but not completely healed."

"I'd say come to practice, but it would make your head worse."

"Yea."

"Want to do something tomorrow?"

"Sure! What time?"

"I can meet you around ten at your apartment? Is that all right?"

"Yes. See you then!"

. . .

"Ugh. . . five more minutes. . ."

The alarm screamed at my face. I wanted to start getting up earlier so I could go to bed earlier, too, but it's hard to change the time I wake up at. I rolled over and checked the time. The clock showed 6:33. My alarm was still blaring, so I hit it to make it shut up. Enough of that. I stretched a bit, and then got out of bed.

The wood flooring was cold, so it helped wake me up. As I walked to my closet, my tail started feeling like like it had pins and needles in it. Shit; I must've slept on it. I slowly rubbed the circulation into it, being careful not to touch the spaded tip. I picked up my silver mask from my dresser and shuffled in the direction of my closest.

After getting ready for the day, I grabbed my satchel, phone, keys, and wallet and headed out. Light from the window started to illuminate the hallway, and I could hear some birds chirping by the tree outside. As I closed my door, my eyes spotted a paper taped to it.

"IS THIS YOU" It asked. Beneath the wording, a picture of two ghouls in an embrace was shown. I read some more.

"This photo has been captured, and an informant lists the known ghoul as Sodo. Who is the second ghoul? Contact Chair or Swiss to give tips."

I examined the picture. Sure enough, Sodo was one of the ghouls. The picture was taken from above, and seemed to be in an alleyway. I couldn't tell, as their face was turned away from the camera, but the other ghoul looked like Aether.

Well.

They were standing pretty close for just being "friends".

I grabbed the paper and balled it up. Swiss and Chair were up to something. As I walked on, I noticed that every ghoul's door had a paper on it. I grabbed every one, ripped them up, and put them in my bag. If word got out, Aether would be embarrassed. I can't imagine him other than happy and protective.

I walked downstairs and got to the kitchen. Luckily, Cumulus previously showed me where the emergency supplies are kept, so I was able to find a match and burn the papers. I safely disposed of them, and got breakfast started. Making myself some cereal with oatmilk, I thought of the day ahead.

First, I would preorder lunch for pickup. Next, I would organize the greenhouse. After that, I would pick up Y/N.

Oh. Them.

I wish I wasn't so touch starved and so willing to bend over backward for anyone just showing simple kindness. But I know it's just a dumb crush, and will be over soon. I hope.

I pulled out my phone and called the small sandwich shop in the village. Luckily, they were open early. I ordered two turkey sandwiches with sides of soup and veggies. After hanging up, I rinsed my bowl and spoon. I grabbed my satchel, and went to go.

The living area needed to be vacuumed. Confetti dragged in from practice was all over the floor. I would have to clean before Rain was forced to. I knew that Sodo wouldn't do it, and the others would ignore the task, so I usually did it on weekends.

I sighed when I saw some more papers on the coffee table from Swiss and Chair. They sure were interested in who the other ghoul was. I put the sheets in my satchel so I could burn them later.

. . .

"Hey!"

"You ready?"

"Yep!"

They were wearing the same outfit I first found them in. A long-sleeve light blue shirt with black pants. They also wore the pin I bought for them. It looked good.

Everyday I am with Y/N, I am grateful I have a mask and balaclava to hide my stupid grin. I do my best to suppress it, but I can't stop.

I'm such an idiot.

We walked to pick up lunch, and then to the gardens.

"Can't keep your mind off of work, huh?" They jokingly asked me.

"Never."

We went along the brick wall of the garden to the furthest corner. Eventually, we reached a thick patch of raspberry bushes. I showed Y/N how to use some wood paddles to protect themself as they crossed to the other side. Once they did, they tossed them to me. On the other side, there was a small greenhouse hidden by ivy and foliage. I got out a brass key and unlocked the door.

"This is beautiful. . ." Y/N gasped.

"Primo had it built. It's passed from era to era, but others are welcome. Only the Earth ghouls know about it. Well, you too, now."

My greenhouse is the size of a small house. It has a fireplace, two oversized rocking chairs, an industrial sink with some counter space, and a small addition for a bathroom. In addition, there are ceramic tiles neatly stacked in a pile, pots, soil, miscellaneous tools, and a mini fridge. And of course it has plants galore.

I set my bag down on a chair and opened the curtains to get some sunlight. Y/N sat down in the other chair and began to divide up lunch when I turned on the small AC unit to cool the room for fifteen minutes.

As we ate, a bird flew in from one of the open windows. I got up and put some birdseed outside the door.

"They can have their own food, not ours," I said as I used a stick to shut the window once the bird flew back out. "Could I play some music?"

"Sure, what kind?"

"I have a record collection, and it's mostly Abba."

"Nice!"

I went under the sink and pulled out a plastic tub of records and a record player. Carefully balancing the player on the tiles, I put a record on. "Waterloo" began to play.

"What's with all the tiles?" Y/N asked me. They sat criss-cross-applesause on their chair.

"I plan to redo the flooring in here, but I never have the time." I kicked at some loose concrete. "In the meantime, they serve as a nice table."

Y/N laughed softly. I sat in the other chair, watching them. Their eyes wandered to look at the whole room. From the hanging lights to the varying shades of greens, it was a lot to take in. Thank goodness I stopped in earlier to clean up. Otherwise the greenhouse would be a lot worse.

"I love it here. It appears lived in and cared for." Y/N's eyes caught mine. I did my best to smile without appearing like an idiot.

"I wish there was enough room for a cot. Then I could live here with no one to bother me."

"The other ghouls are that bothersome?"

"It depends on the day." I thought of the papers in my satchel. "And what has been going on around town."

"I feel that Sodo would be the only one to be anxiety-inducing."

"The others can bounce off the walls and encourage him, as well. I try to stop fights over stuff like who gets the last poptart or who has the rights to sit in the special padded stool in the kitchen."

"They only keep you around for the important tasks, I see."

"Yeah, that's how it goes."

They gave me a gentle smile. "I wish I had someone to pester."

I remember meeting them for the first time. They were lost and so afraid. I hope that they are more comfortable in their new environment now.

Rain started to patter on the glass. The record started playing "Dancing Queen".

"Your majesty," I said, bowing and reaching a hand to Y/N.

"Oh." They took my hand and got off their chair. I slowly twirled them around. We swung around the limited space as the song played from the corner of the room. When we let go of each other, I found the tambourine I stole from Swiss and Y/N used a broom as a microphone. The rain accented the tambourine and our voices as we enjoyed ourselves. Y/N held onto my hands for the final chorus, and I dipped them. I carefully brought them back up, and we both couldn't stop smiling.

"I haven't had this much fun in a long time!" Y/N said, sitting down.

"Same!" I told them while putting away the tambourine and stopping the record. I walked over and sat down. The rain started to get harder.

"It will smell wonderful later."

"It's the best smell; no question."

"Mountain, do you have a blanket? It's a bit chilly."

"I don't think so, but you can sit with me if you want to."

Really? That was a stupid thing to say. My mask hid a blush, and my tail pressed into the aide of my leg.

To my surprise, Y/N got up and walked over to me. I scooted all the way over as they sat next to me. Still, their right leg touched my right one. I wanted to put my arm around them, but I put them both in my lap instead. After a moment of awkward silence and weak eye contact, Y/N's phone rang. They got up and answered the call. I took this chance to stand up and adjust myself.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to go to an emergency meeting with Swiss," Y/N told me after they finished.

My mind raced. Is it about the photo? Would they know it was Aether?

"It's Swiss, nothing is an emergency!" I told them with a panicked smile.

"I should probably still go, though."

"Ah, uh,- oh! It's still raining! You can't leave and ruin your outfit in the rain!" I rushed to block the door. My tail violently swished in front of Y/N.

Y/N laughed. "Please let me go. I'll talk to you later," they smiled.

"Well, okay. Have fun at the meeting." I unblocked the door, and they went on their way.

Today was fun. I plan to spend more time with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 98 23
[ONGOING] 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 "𝙂𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩". 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮�...
4.8K 189 31
Hi! This is my book for headcanons and one-shots for the band Ghost B.C., not gonna lie, it's mostly smut.
199K 3.2K 103
Requests are always open so feel free to drop a comment if you'd like :)
23.1K 459 41
𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞, 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘, 𝖓𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖒𝖊 ||collection of ghost one shots <3 includes current ghouls...