✩𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕤𝕥 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝔹...

By _chxbbie_

✩ 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡�... More

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘗𝘰𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺
𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦
𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴 & 𝘉𝘶𝘨𝘴 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘍𝘭𝘺 𝘛𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳
𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘉𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘎𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘔𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴?
𝘒𝘸𝘢𝘮𝘪 𝘐𝘴 𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘘, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?
𝘐𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘈 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘖𝘧 𝘔𝘺-
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘙𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘬!
𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘐𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭?
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘈 𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘭
𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘔𝘦 𝘛𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘶...
𝘜𝘨𝘩𝘩𝘩, 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘋𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘈 𝘔𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘗𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘛𝘰 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮!
𝘍𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘺 𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘍𝘶𝘳𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭
𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘈𝘨𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘞𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘓𝘢𝘣𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘵𝘴!
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦
𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘴
𝘐'𝘮 𝘚𝘰 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘓𝘢𝘥𝘺𝘣𝘶𝘺 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘔𝘺 𝘈𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘒𝘪-
𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴
𝘔𝘺 𝘚𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘪𝘯, 𝘔𝘺 𝘈𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯
𝘉𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘴
𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘑𝘰𝘣 𝘐𝘴 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘈𝘸𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘝𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘴
𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘸𝘴 𝘖𝘶𝘵
𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘌𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘈𝘭𝘺𝘢. 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘊𝘩𝘭𝘰é 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺..
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘺 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦
𝘈 𝘋𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘰𝘰 𝘉𝘢𝘥...
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝘎𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘣 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘙𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘋𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘐 𝘈𝘴𝘬 𝘚𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳?
𝘏𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘈 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘐𝘴 𝘈𝘴 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘈𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘺
𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳!
𝘔𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘛𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘈 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮
𝘉𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘺 𝘒𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴

𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵, 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘛𝘰𝘺𝘴?

454 18 31
By _chxbbie_

Going to school on three hours of sleep is beyond exhausting. Marinette imagined that the dead were enjoying the vacation of a lifetime as she struggled to keep her head from hitting the desk every few seconds.

“Next time limit yourself to half a puff,’” Alya sounded as she packed her notebook into her backpack.

The blue head wailed before throwing her head back. She had spent the remainder of the night baking like her life depended on it and she barely even managed to make the pastries look identical.

“There won’t be a next time because Dad found out. “

“Let me guess, too much sugar?”

“More like too much salt, I didn’t read the labels properly,” Marinette groaned, making Alya shudder at the thought of biting into one of them.

She wouldn’t have messed up a simple cream puff this badly if it wasn’t for Tikki switching the labels around in protest. When they baked the night away, she absolutely flipped at Marinette’s hesitance to transform into Ladybug and use her compact.

“Marinette, you need to get your priorities in line! Every minute we waste not getting in touch with Chat Noir is every minute that Hawkmoth could use against us,” the small creature said as it waved its arms in the air.

“I get it Tikki, but can you please keep it down,” Marinette said in a harsh whisper. “I’m worried about Hawkmoth too, but we can’t rush to him, not without evidence.”

If Ladybug raised the alarm without proof, she risked making a fool out of herself before her own mentor. She couldn’t do that to the cat, she needed to handle the situation by herself, even if it meant working behind his back. Besides Robin seemed capable enough, he’s worked alongside the Batman and he seemed to be taking the matter into his own hands. She could be like him too. Holding no one back and making a name for herself.

Marinette’s mind was already made up. She needed to be the main hero, not the clingy sidekick. She was sure that telling Tikki how she really felt would make the red creature even more opposed to her inaction. The best thing to do now was pretend to wait by piling in work with the illusion of waiting on Robin’s signal.

Alya snapped her fingers in her friend’s dropping face.

“Get back to reality girl because I have a scoop,” she said before winking at her sleep deprived companion.

Marinette was thankful that her best friend was providing her with a distraction with her determined investigative journalism. She leaned in closer to Alya for the next social event she had sneak her best friend into.

“The word on the street says Hiro Okamura is in town and is staying at Le Grand Paris.”

“Okay and who is he?” Marinette questioned as she raised an eyebrow.

“Um hello Marinette! He’s the teen billionaire that’s leading the tech industry at the moment.”

Marinette nodded her head silly before getting a feeling of déjà vu run down her spine.

“I thought we already had a tech billionaire among us,” Mari huffed as she stole a glance at Damian.

“Wayne Foundation mostly focuses on philanthropy,” she said as she rolled her eyes behind her thick black frames. “I’m sure Damian is great with kids.”

Dupain-Cheng felt like he had hardly held a toy in his life. The way the black haired teen sat quietly kind of spelt out ‘single child’ to her. Marinette shrugged her shoulders and leaned in closer.

“Fine,” she sighed. “Tell me more about Hiro.”

Ayla’s glasses glimmered in the sun.

“He’s hosting a once in a life toy design competition at the grand theatre later this week, but here’s the kicker, no one knows what the grand prize is.”

“So let me guess,” Marinette said as she placed her finger below her chin in imaginary thought. “You want us to get an exclusive interview with him to find out what the grand prize is?”

“You got it!” The ombre haired teen cheered. “But there’s a slight problem with that.”

“What’s the problem?”

“I might have abused my journalist pass a week ago and my mom revoked that privilege with her being the city’s top editor and all, so I might have borrowed a sketch for a doll-like plushie from your old notebook that you left at my house and submitted it into the competition. Under your name, of course, “ she nervously chuckled.

“You did what?!”

Marinette shook Alya with the force of a disgruntled teenager. Publicity was a big no-no, especially when you have a superhero ego that you want hidden from the whole world.

“Yeah it was the weirdly cute one with the ladybug pattern and the beady eyes.”

The girl’s life flashed before her eyes. Alya was describing the little impromptu sketch she had made of Tikki around the time she got her miraculous three years ago. The magical creature could show up on digital photographs and mirrors so she had to do the sensible thing of showing off her art skills to make her happy. She didn’t think and old notebook would come to bite her in the ass a few years down the line.

“You can’t just do that!”

Alya let out another nervous chuckle.

“Well here’s the thing, your face is already in the newspaper,” she said as she pulled out her phone and showed her the headline. “You already won the first round of the freestyle design category.”

Marinette felt her knees go weak. Alya wasn’t providing the distraction she wanted, she was providing the guillotine she wanted to place her head in.

“It’s too late to back down too. He wants to speak to all the round one winners around the city.”

This was her doom.

“Don’t kids prefer their iPads to dolls these days,” Marinette said as she took a moment to collect herself.

The teen recalled how she spent the whole day at the park with Mammon, the daughter of a news reporter she regularly babysits, the week before. The only thing that seemed to catch her attention more than the swing sets was the shiny digital billboard that was poorly placed by the park’s entrance.

“Well, just because you babysit weird kids, doesn’t mean you know everything about child psychology Mari. Spending all that time with them is why you drew that weird alien thing, right?”

The blue head bit the Inside of her cheek. Lying was the only way out of this situation.

“It was technically Mammon’s idea. She used to think that Ladybug and cotton dolls were really cool back then I made a ladybug inspired plushy for her,” she said through her teeth as she rubbed her neck.

“I guess her weirdness really paid off in the end for this scheme because you’re going to make me your plus one.”

“Yay,” Marinette let out a fake cheer as her joints locked up in the squeeze Alya gave her.

“And trust me on this girl. You’ll get to know our generation’s most brilliant inventors and who knows, you might even get to like Damian,” Alya cooed as she wiggled her brown coloured eyebrows.”

“What do you mean by that?” the blue eyed girl frowned.

“I took the liberty of inviting Damian to be your plus two.”

No way!” Marinette protested.” I don’t want anything to do with him.

“Relax kid. He’s not some heartless elitist in Chloé’s social club. He’s actually a pretty nice guy once you get to fully talk to him.”

Marinette crossed her arms.

“I’m not buying it.”

“Well guess who got to spend the entire afternoon with him after school as she conducted an interview with Marinette?” she said with her thumbs pointing to herself. “The boy’s a treat that’s better suited for you than me. Give him a chance, the way you gave Lila a chance.”

The teen’s eyes looked over to her general direction. If the blonde Bourgeois was the queen bee of Paris nightlife then Rossi was the class saint. The two were complete opposites yet they miraculously became the best of friends at the beginning of high school and it’s been that way ever since. For every dab at the heart Chloe served, Lila was there to pick up the pieces like her lapdog. It was so… uncanny, but Lila seemed genuinely happy and unfazed by her ill-treatment. Maybe the two were made to be best friends forever.

But where did that put Damian? He seemed nice enough, but he could be trying to keep up with appearances. If Alya liked the boy to the point of recruiting him into their little adventures perhaps he wasn’t as he appeared to be. He didn’t really leave a bad taste in her mouth when they met.

Marinette screwed her lips and sighed.

“Do you think Damian would like to try a salty cream filled pastry? Even as a prank?”

A cunning smile spread across Alya’s face.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a little harmless fun between friends.”

The pair snickered and rubbed their hands together as they planned to bring their victim to the location of their scheming after school. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...