Inheritance

بواسطة michelle_thooo

[Excerpt]: "Does it bother you?" He asked, after an incisive moment of silence. "Does...what bother me?" I im... المزيد

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N❗️⚠️
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
The Huntress: Awakening *Update*
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Kendall's POV)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (Kendall's POV)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 36

306 20 6
بواسطة michelle_thooo

(Sasha's outfit the New Year's Party^)

To bring in the New Year, Isabella and Sean had decided to host an intimate pre-wedding gathering at their home estate. Fortunately for Marco and myself, the party offered us solidified plans for the evening, which wouldn't be in our nature to decline.

A few days earlier, I had unexpectedly received a mailed wedding invitation from the soon-to-be Gilmore union. Based on the details outlined in the letter, it was apparent that their ceremony would be a destination wedding held in Dublin, Ireland— presumably where Sean's native roots lied.

Receiving the invitation had been quite a pleasant surprise in itself, when I took into account how I'd only recently met Isabella during the Vermont trip. Given that their wedding was just a few weeks away, it was rather thoughtful that they'd still carved out the time and money to extend a courtesy invitation to me. I'd have to thank them in-person later tonight. 

Being that Coco was still in Florida with Ahmad and her family, I'd felt a bit precarious pulling up to their home with just Marco. Don't get me wrong, Marco was great company and all. But, Sean and Isabella were technically part of Coco's friend group, not mine. Since she was dating Sean's best friend, my only link to them was through my affirmed ties to her and Kendall. 

Only problem was Kendall and I hadn't been speaking at all as of lately.

As recommended by Milton Co.'s Media and Communication's Team, Kendall had been traveling around the east coast conducting countless scheduled interviews while also strategically building new commercial relations with notable companies. As a result, I hadn't seen much of him since the Christmas Eve incident at my uncle's villa, which had been rather opportune. 

Considering how chaotically everything had transpired and eventually escalated into, I wasn't quite ready to initiate the necessary, but difficult, conversations I knew I needed to have with him. Throughout the week, he'd called me on a number of occasions, but I'd purposefully ignored his calls. 

I was still mortified from the chilling thought of how he'd practically beaten Caleb unconscious. Even now, I had yet to receive any news on the state of Caleb's health, causing me to grow even more apprehensive about whether it was too soon to reach out. 

I thought it was particularly important that I offered him a decent amount of time to fully recover from the situation. If I were in his shoes, I'd be juggling a multitude of humiliation, anger, and disappointment, which is why I wanted to wait before trying to contact him. If he still didn't want to see me or accept my apology, then I'd completely respect his decision.

~~~

When Marco and I arrived at Sean and Isabella's residence, I felt an odd sense of deja vu sweep over me. The estate marked one of the very first interactions I'd had with Kendall before learning of his true identity. So much had happened between us since then that the memory now seemed ancient.

As Marco and I entered the homely establishment, party guests were randomly dispersed throughout the downstairs lobby and piling out into the backyard. Now that I thought about it, I never really did get a good look at the pool. 

Deciding to move towards the outside patio, I squinted my eyes as I came into contact with the vibrant gleam reflecting from the full moon. It was a little past eleven, so the sun's natural light had been replaced by the starry night sky. 

Not too far off in the distance, I could hear the playful sounds of people splashing around in the candidly-lit pool water, while others drank and chatted by the lodge fire. As I scanned the hilly backyard scenery, I immediately spotted Isabella's blonde locks near the fire deck. She sat on top of Sean's legs, laughing as a woman I didn't quite recognize whispered something into her ear.

Signaling for Marco to follow, I walked towards them.

"Oh, hey Sasha! Marco! I'm so glad you two could make it." Isabella mused, standing up to give us each a proper hug.

"Of course. And congratulations on the wedding!" I complimented, as she thanked me and greeted Marco.

"I see you got our invitation. We had so much fun on the Vermont trip, it wouldn't feel right to not have you at our wedding. Please sit down." She motioned, as Sean also greeted Marco and I.

Taking a seat at an open folding chair, I allowed myself to momentarily relax. The breeze that swept into the spacious outdoor terrace was a bit chilly, but the fire pit provided a sufficient layer of protection. Marco and I had dressed pretty upscale and, as I took a quick look around, I was beginning to regret that decision. Draped in black Alexander Wang from head-to-toe, I now wished I had settled for a simple pair of sweats and Ugg boots.

"Incoming!" Someone yelled, as a barrage of pool water landed near the fire pit. 

The water had thankfully missed me by a couple of inches, but had gotten close enough to prompt me to take a glance in the direction of who had caused the commotion. It turned out to be some drunken man who'd taken an explosive dive into the pool, causing several people in the surrounding area to scold him.

"What the hell was that, Jasper?" Isabella playfully yelled at the man, who'd just resurfaced his head from above the water.

"Sorry, Bella!" The man responded, not seeming the least bit remorseful for his actions as he began to butterfly stroke towards the deeper side of the enclosure. My eyes didn't linger on him for long, as one of the pool's other occupants had completely drawn my focus.

Climbing out of the diamond-shaped landing was a dangerously delectable sight. Kendall had been shirtless and drenched, as his lean body slowly emerged from the enchanting blue waters. He exited the pool from the platformed side steps, holding on to his forest green trunks that were beginning to slide down the length of his narrow hips due to the heavy weight of the water.

His showboat physique never disappointed. It seemed like he'd become even more sculpted from the last time I'd seen his bare torso. His Adonis belt appeared more prominent than ever, harrowingly spotlighting the one part of his body I had yet to explore. 

I watched as one of his hands reached for his face to wipe the tiny droplets of water threatening to enter his eyes. His other hand moved towards his hair to pull the dampened strands away from his forehead, sleeking it behind his scalp.

I, along with most of the women and men who had eyes, could only eagerly observe him with unbridled admiration. It never got old watching him. I wondered whether he knew that the very essence of him screamed "fuck me, hard." On second thought, from the generous size of his ego, he most likely did. 

When he eventually reached a bench with a pool towel neatly stacked on top, he picked up the dry material and used it to thoroughly pat himself down. After doing so, he threw on a thinly-patterned white t-shirt that clung like glue to his skin.

As if detecting my transfixed eyes on him, his head beguilingly swung in my direction. With an intent look on his placid face, he motioned for me to follow him inside the house. However, instead of waiting for me to acknowledge him, he simply turned on his feet to head towards the back door entrance. 

For a minute, I found myself debating on whether to actually go after him. Did he really think that everything was fine? In fact, the more I thought about the cocksure way he'd openly gestured for me, I felt even more tempted to follow him inside the house just to give him a piece of my mind.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to uh...g-grab a cold drink." I told the group, already standing from my folding chair to begin walking towards the house.

"Perfect, I'm a bit thirsty, too. I think I'll come with you." Marco mirrored, also beginning to rise from his seat beside me.

"Oh no! Um, I'll get your drink for you. A Corona, right?" I attested, causing him to smile and sit back down.

"And don't you forget it. Wait, do you think you could also grab me a blanket, it's getting a bit chilly?" He added, then continued to gossip with Isabella about the latest celebrity drama that I personally wasn't caught up on.

Entering the kitchen through the back door, I was met with random guests drunkenly meandering throughout the dining parlor and living room. After failing to detect Kendall's foreboding presence anywhere in the foyer, I continued to venture down a lone corridor in search of nothing in particular. Aside, from the one man I currently wanted to berate.

When I reached a dead end, I slowly pivoted my heels to walk back down the long hall. However, my body stilled when two firm hands roughly gripped my arm, pulling me into a dark room. Before I could hasten out a cry for help, a crisp hand tightly clamped my mouth shut. Pressed flush against the hardwood door, I oddly felt turned on.

"Don't scream." The familiar voice warned, prodding me to turn around. When the lights switched on, I immediately recognized his face.

"What's wrong with you? You should have let me know it was you." I carefully scorned; though my tone came out slightly agile, as Kendall's carousel lips gently tethered along my ear.

"You're right." He admitted, yet he didn't look the least bit regretful of his actions.

My eyes briefly roamed across the room, taking in the opulent guest bedroom that Kendall had made himself quite comfortable in. The man had discarded his swim trunks and t-shirt, only to be covered by a flimsy velvet robe tied loosely around his waist. I could denote the prominent curvatures of his pectoral muscles, all while my hands struggled to refrain from copping a feel of the mannequin-like display.

"What are you doing?" I finally asked, curious to learn the reason he'd brought me here.

"I wanted to talk to you, Sasha. I'm sorry about the other day. What happened...I never wanted you to see me like that. I promise it won't happen again." He confessed, sounding more apologetic than I'd ever heard before.

"Kendall—I don't know. I think I need time to myself to think. I just...seeing you like that was really scary." I admitted, staring at his glossed eyes.

"I know. But, I need to know that you believe me when I tell you it won't happen again?" He responded, leaning in uncannily close and using his index finger to prop my chin up.

His constricted pupils scanned my face for a hopeful reply that I couldn't quite give.

"Well, do you?" He repeated, but I wasn't sure how to respond. When his finger placed under my chin began to caress the smooth area, I found my anger slowly dissipating.

"Wait here, I'm going to take a quick shower. When I come out, I want you to have an answer." He instructed, refusing to leave until I agreed to his terms.

When he saw that my reaction was delayed, he released a chastened huff and wittingly backed away from me. Slowly untying the robe from his body, he dropped it onto the floor to reveal his very toned, taut ass. My eyes were glued to his naked backside, as he strode towards the bathroom and left the door slightly ajar. 

Just as he turned the corner, I caught a glimpse of the monster swinging between his legs. If my face could turn red from the alarming sight of his endowed member, it would have been the color of a beet.

Once I confirmed the shower was on, I allowed myself to finally breathe again. Sometimes, he was just too damn much. How dare he? Did he honestly think he could simply bat his dazzling eyelashes, then try to seduce me, and all would be forgiven. I sat on the arranged bed, allowing my conflicting thoughts to consume my mind for the next ten minutes. 

When I heard the shower head turn off, I nervously glanced at the clock now reading 11:50pm. In just ten minutes, it would officially be a new year. Undoubtedly, my New Year's resolution would encompass leaving behind all the sparing baggage of the last few months. Through communication and forgiveness, I wanted to start afresh with the man of my dreams and build something real. But, for us to move forward, there needed to be transparency on all fronts.

After another five minutes or so, Kendall returned from the bathroom cloaked in only a low hanging pair of loose joggers. "Are you planning to stay in here for the rest of the night?" I asked, noting the way he casually strolled around the room like he owned the place.

"Is that what you want? Or, do you want to go back to the party?" He returned, stopping his pacing to settle in front of me.

"No, I want us to talk. But, I need you to be honest with me, Kendall. Or, this isn't going to work." I truly was tired of all the obstacles that seemed to be standing in our way. Were all relationships supposed to be this hard? If so, I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep fighting to repair the inevitable.

"This isn't going to work, hm?" He mocked, repeating my words as his hand harshly gripped onto my chin.

"Yes, I want to know more about you, Kendall. I need to know about what happened to you after I left the Franks' house. Why are you...the way you are now?" I churned out, but Kendall only proceeded to lower me back onto the bed. There was an accompanying dip on the mattress, before one of his knees locked by my side. 

"Wait! You're going to mess up the bed." I murmured, while he brought his other knee onto the opposite side of my torso so that he was straddling me.

"I figure I have a lot of making up to do. Tell me, which part of you is mad at me the most?" He reasoned, his eyes locking onto the low-cut crevice of my breasts. "We can talk in the morning." He promised, his daunting gaze causing me to squirm a bit from my vulnerable position beneath him.

"Stop it, Kendall." I sidelined, not wanting to fall victim to his sensual allure.

"Is this lingerie?" Ignoring my request, one of his hands began to explore my chest.

"No...it's a body suit." I struggled to explain, as his thumb brazed against my nipple.

"Why are you dressed like this, huh? Flaunting your body so carelessly to other men, when you know it only belongs to me. How can I make you remember that?" He seductively mused, placing his hands onto either side of the mattress near my head.

"My body doesn't belong to any man." I tried to refute, but said body was betraying me as I twinkled beneath him.

"It's a shame you say that, Sasha. It's even worse that you actually think I fucking believe you. Because this body-" He began, his face dipping into my bosom and his tongue darting across the sensitive skin. "-is owned by fucking me." He whispered, now dropping to his elbows and resting his full weight on top of me. I could feel everything, through his sweatpants.

"We should get back to the party...Marco's probably wondering where I am." I huffed, feeling suffocated by his intoxicating stare.

"10...9...." The cheerful sounds of people chanting the New Year's countdown became audible from the opened bedside window.

"Make a wish." Kendall relayed.

"8....7...."

"I'm serious, Kendall. I told Marco I'd get him a drink." I continued, needing to get out of the defenseless position I was currently trapped in.

"6....5...."

"Sasha, just do it." Hesitantly closing my eyes, I made a secret wish.

"4....3...."

"Okay, I did. Now, it's your turn." I echoed, opening my eyes to meet Kendall's darkening abyss.

"2....1...."

"Why would I do that, when I already have everything I've ever wished for right in front of me? Happy New Year, Sasha." 

Kendall kissed my lips with so much passion, causing me to enchantingly fall under his sadistic spell.

~~~

Are y'all enjoying the story or is it getting boring? I really can't tell anymore lol!

~~Chelly😘😘

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

768K 19.1K 61
He looked so innocent reading his book, almost peaceful. I stopped in the frame, admiring his face. His brows were pulled together in a concentrated...
4.9K 432 18
I stare at him with tears in my eyes, still emotional after confessing my feelings to him. "I feel the same way." He states not looking at me. "Wait...
167K 8.8K 65
This book is not intended for anyone under the age of 🔞 to read. Avery's POV... I lay in bed with my eyes still closed, trying to force myself back...
3.6K 180 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...