She Who Has Received The Roar...

By readiliketo

-{She who has received the roar, shall bring Magic to all where there was none before. }- Amy is whisked alon... More

1 ~ Edmund, Is it?
2 ~ What is this place?
3 ~ Welcome to Narnia
4 ~ The prophecy
5 ~ What Horn?
6 ~ An odd coincidence
7 ~ A Distraction
8 ~ Tossing and Turning
9 ~ Lucy's Dream
10 ~ His sweet embrace
A/N: Can you help me decide?
11 ~ I have the Roar.
12 ~ A Perfect Moment
13 ~ The Night Raid Part 1
14 ~ The Night Raid Part 2
16 ~ White Witch
17 ~ A Beautiful View
18 ~ The plan
19~ They lurk in the shadows
20~ Tactics
21 ~ Lion hunters

15 ~ A mysterious dream

155 5 5
By readiliketo

A/N: I hope you enjoy! Vote and comment if you do it helps the algorithm so much! Love you all for reading! <3

___

Edmund signaled with his torch once more. A Gryphon landed behind us. Without letting me go, Edmund helped me to board it's back. And we flew over the carnage of the night raid. Boddies were scattered about like leafs at the base of a tree, piled atop of one another limbs sticking out every which way, still, cold and silent. I buried my head into Edmund arm, depressed about the loss that occurred tonight. Evenually, i exhaled. Sat up and said,

"We have to end this, for them"

"We will Amy," he replied in a low voice "we will."

The flight back to our horses was nothing but solemn. Not another word was exchanged between me and Edmund, nor was much said when we landed at back at our tied up steeds.

Peter looked distraught. His eyes no longer seemed to sparkle with that patriotic gleam, instead they were dim, dull and dreary. Rather than announcing our departure as he had done yesterday evening, he waved the remaining troops over and we begun the cortege like parade back to the mound. I could tell by looking at him his spirit had been crushed, it must have been awfull in his shoes, planning and commanding a raid that caused the death of so many innocent and loyal soilders.

Just as before me and Edmund shared a horse, but this time no butterflies were nesting in the pit of my stomach, instead a heavy feeling sunk deep into my soul. Despair.

"It must have been so hard for him" I said lowly to Edmund, who on hearing me speak sat up straight and exhaled before replying.

"Yeah..." He paused, pondering his words "when we ruled, he led many armies and won many wars. But this loss is something I don't think he'll ever learn to forget."

I nodded and gazed sympathetically at the droopy peter who seemed to hang off his horse like a rag doll, without purpose, without reason.

Me and Edmund did not share any other words for a while. We rode in silence, our mood fractionally lightening with the sky. Not a sound was spoken, untill...

Out of the blue a deep and low voice sounded from below our steed.
"Are you guys alright?" The voice spoke slowly as if the speaker was uncertain of his own words. "What happened in there?"

I turned to face Edmund, with a confused expression about my face. When his only answer was a lighthearted smile I leaned to the right and peeked under the saddle. Nothing.

"Who are you?" I questioned anxiously. "Show yourself!" I reached for Edmunds sword behind me but was interrupted by a gentle hand.

"Amy, it's okay" he chuckled circling his thumb about the back of my hand.
"Horses can talk here" he whispered into my ear.

"Oh" I chortled, causing all those infront of us to turn with a questioning look about them. I blushed under the harsh gaze of centaurs and fawns.

Edmund stifled a laugh from behind me and I could fell his torso tense and shake upon my back.
I nudged him with my elbow, earning a whispered 'oi!"

"what are you laughing at?!" I breathed, my face still a shade of crimson.

"We shouldn't be laughing Amy," he said regaining his composure as well as he could. "Cenataurs are very solemn and serious creatures. Also - how did you not know that horses spoke?!"

"Um maybe because I've only been in narnia a few days, and you usually don't encounter talking horses in Finchley on a day to day basis Edmund. " I sighed at his idiotic question.

Edmund exhaled sharply "gosh, someone's tired."

I grununted in response, which developed into a yawn from the very thought of sleep.

"Will you two stop arguing" our horse said. "I cant focus with all the ruckus."

"Sorry" I apologised above Edmunds snickering. Then yawned once more. Sleep seemed so appealing, the fight had worn me out both physically and mentally, not to mention when I healed Edmund's wound, it left me in pain but also drained my energy.

"Get some sleep" Edmund unexpectedly whispered against my ear. I blushed at his closeness. "I've got you."

"Okay" I half managed to say before my words morphed into yawns. Edmund placed his arms around my waist and affectionately squeezed me gently. He pulled my torso back ever so slightly letting me know I could lean on him. I smiled to myself at his sweetness and closed my eyes, drifting off into the sweet and warm welcome of much needed sleep.

---

Abruptly I awoke and was running, dashing between trees brushing against branches and leaping over pertruding roots. Something was behind me, something big. I did not want to hang around to find out what.

Every twist I took, every turn I made, the large figure followed me, its feet made the ground rumble as it ran after me, its steps heavy and rapid. It chased me, like a lion chases it's prey.

I knew I could not keep up with this pace much longer and would have to fight this being behind me at some point. My hand flew to my bow. I ran up a small rise in the terrain, giving me a vantage point. I stopped and turned around. The sun blasted into my pupils, causing me to squint at the figure emerging from a grove of smaller shady trees.

"Amy." It spoke. "Amy" a voice sounded again. "Amy!" And I felt a prodding in the back of my shoulder.

When I turned to confront this jabbing sensation I found myself safely back in Edmunds arms, on our steed, approaching the mound.

"Oh," I begun, Dazed and slightly confused. "We're back."

I wondered to myself if that dream had any significance, like the words I heard when I healed emdund. Whatever it was in those trees, I'm head I woke up before I could find out.

We dismounted our steeds and steering them with the reins, walked behind Peter and Caspian throught the archway before the steep entry to the mound.

Stood apprehensively waiting our arrival was Lucy, and the young narnians as well as Cenataur, fawn, and dwarf, mothers and wives. Each held a mask of patriotism over their stance. I could tell that there heads were swimming with the worst thoughts and what ifs. Those thoughts probably were not far from wrong.

I felt a deep pang of empathy for them as we came into their veiw and they realised the extremity of our losses, torsos folded and knees bent over in utter misery of jot seeing whoever they said goodbye to.

Lucy ran over to us at the front of the troops with a mournful frown. "What happened?!"

"Can't you see Lu?" Susan answered in a defeated tone and shrugged.

Peter stepped forward, gathered himself and announced loudly. "They fought bravely... to the very end. They fought with honour beyond measure. They fought with the utmost love for Narnia. And they fought for our chance to end this... We will not let that chance go to waste. We will fight back, and we will put this war to and end!"

As they listened to peters speech the crowds emotions raised gradually and by the end they were cheering with every word. Peter had such a way with words like I had never seen, he just raised the spirits of an entire army.

I noticed though, through his tough and Hardy speech and expression he was just as distraught as at the castle.

I nudged Edmund who was cheering with the crowd, and gave him a worried expression before pointing at peter sulking off into the mound.

"he's just dramatic, he always is!" Edmund shouted over the roaring crowd, then turned back and was engulfed by a leaping line of giddy fawns.

However I was convinced that something was not right with peter, so I followed him through the sunken entrance.

"Peter!?" I spoke, my voice echoed and bounced along the walls of the large room.

"Who is it?" I heard a sharp and sniffly response. "Can't a king get any privacy around here?"

I shook my head with a suppressed laugh at his commitment to using his title.

"Peter its Amy," I said taking a fee steps forward into the extremely dim room. "You seemed upset after your speech, I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Oh" a high pitched response came, followed by a muffled sniffle. "Yeah no I'm fine."

Peering into the corner of the room I spotted his silhouette and made my way over to him. In the warm glow of the firelight I could just about make out the cool glow of teary eyes, his features a darkened blur.

He suddenly let go of the breath I was unaware he was holding in and began to unload all of the awfull mental weights that had been crushing him.

"...And I just feel so pressured to live up to all the expectations of 'hight king Peter the magnificent' but I was older then, a- and I'm younger now so..."

His pace and volume both began to increase so I cut him off.

"Peter!" I broke his harmful train of thought "Nothing happens the same way twice. You must remember Narnia has changed since you were here last, and so have you."

He wiped his eyes and leaned over to give me a friendly hug.

"Thankyou Amy, you're a good listener and really nice to talk to, I can see why Edmund likes you so much."

My face began to burn and I thanked the heavens for this dim lighting. He liked me?! It would make sense, I mean the way he was defensive on the turrets and how he held me on the ride back here maybe he did-
My realisation was interrupted from the stomping of hooves leaking into the room, we were bombarded with cheery soilders and Caspian, lucy, Susan and Edmund walked toward us.

Before they could reach us peter said quietly "and Amy?" turning my head he continued "Tell anyone about this and I'll set Reepicheep on you"

I laughed at his hillarious threat and greeted lucy and the others.

___

A/N: thankyou for reading! What was chasing Amy? Will Edmund tell the others about what Amy can do? Will Edmund confess his feelings? Will they finally kiss this time?!?? I hope so. Vote if you hope so too :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 9.3K 61
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺.❞ ━━━━━━ 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 ༻❁ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
72.4K 3.3K 200
Yep, I'm insane and have decided to write a one shot for each day of 2022 :) wish me luck.
10.3K 514 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...
3.7K 68 20
By hearing my title you think I'm some very special person in Narnia. Guess what...you're wrong. I'm just a girl nobody appreciates after what I did...