Izuku Yagi - The New Yamato W...

By FatedGil

Izuku Yagi, tormented by the Bakugo twins for something he couldn't control, his only solace from this bullyi... More

Characters' Bio
Prologue: Quirk Test
Chapter 1: Aldera
Chapter 2: Yamato and Training
Chapter 3: Izuku's Vengeance
Chapter 4: 10 months later, UA entrance exam
Interlude: Katsumi, Izumi, and Shoka designs
Chapter 5: Apprehension test and Heroics Class Part One
Chapter 6: Heroics Class Part Two; Ryoshi's Fun and Izuku's Hell on Earth
Chapter 7: Panic Attack
Chapter 8: The LoV's First Move
Chapter 9: Yakuza Elimination Plans
Chapter 11: Sports Festival Battles Round Two
Chapter 12: Sports Festival Battles; Round Three and Final Round
Chapter 13: The Yakuza Dies Tonight.
Chapter 14: Aftermath and a Conversation With a Friend
Chapter 15: Kidnapping
Chapter 16: Internships
Chapter 17: Stain and a New Devil!
Chapter 18: Finishing Internships
Chapter 19: Off to the Training Camp
Chapter 20: First Official Day at the Training Camp!
Chapter 21: Betrayal?
Chapter 22: Kamino Ward
Chapter 23: Closing Hours
Chapter 24: Big Chicken? Archer?
Chapter 25: Retiring the Number 1 Hero

Chapter 10: UA Sports Festival

1.9K 38 24
By FatedGil

Gil: Man, there's a huge crowd here!
Management: Yes there is, but at least we get to see these new heroes in action!
N: Always looking on the bright side.
Management: Shut it N. Or I swear I will make you run into the arena during a fight.
N: You wouldn't dare!
Management: Try me.
Gil: Stop arguing. Here they come!

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

(Izuku POV)

We walked out to the sound of a roaring crowd.

Hanako: Holy crap! Aizawa wasn't kidding, everyone is here!

I just nodded and continued as I walked out and saw people everywhere. There were heroes, civilians and important businessmen. But three people caught my eye. Two of them were arguing while one was staring at us. Two of them were men and the other was a woman. Ryoshi tapped me on the shoulder and I looked over at him.

Ryoshi: Who are you looking at?

Izuku: Those three up...there.

They were gone. there were different people in their seats, as if they were never there.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Gil: Crap, he noticed us!
Management: Let's get out of here
N: On it. Reality correction!

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Ryoshi: Which three?

Izuku: Never mind. I was just seeing things.

Ryoshi looked at me with a confused look on his face. Before he could say anything, there was a loud cracking noise.

Midnight: Everyone, pay attention!

'Nope.' I started to look around the stadium again, looking to see if I could find anyone I knew. A skinny blond man caught my eye. He was sitting next to a green haired woman. 'Ah, so Toshinori and Inko are here.' I look around the competitors again, and smile. Katsuki wasn't here.

-Flashback-

(Katsuki POV)

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I saw Aizawa sitting next to me.

Katsuki: Urgh. What happened? I feel like I was hit by a truck.

Aizawa: Not far off. Do you remember what happened?

I thought for a second, then tried to sit up.

*clink*

The sound of handcuffs startled me out of my thoughts. I started to roll around, trying to escape from the handcuffs.

Katsuki: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! DID DEKU DO THIS?!

I grabbed onto the handcuffs and activated my quirk. but nothing happened. I looked at Aizawa, but his quirk wasn't active. He walked over and took the sheet off of me, and I saw the handcuffs. They were quirk cancelling cuffs.

Aizawa: You are staying here until after the sports festival. You're lucky. Nezu only gave you a warning because you never physically injured the girl. Next time he won't be so lenient.

Izuku (far): Where...am I?

I heard that Deku's voice and started to strain against my restraints again, trying to break free and get that worthless nerd.

Katsuki: LET ME OUT!

Izuku: Oh, he's here.

Aizawa walked over to the curtained off area and moved the curtain away, revealing Izuku chained to his bed with quirk cancelling handcuffs.

Aizawa: Izuku, don't even try and use your quirk to escape.

Izuku: Funny thing, Aizawa.

Izuku used his physical strength and ripped the cuffs apart. He stood up and walked back to the dorm.

Izuku: I'm fine Aizawa. I won't attack him, unless he does something stupid again.

That damn nerd! he thinks he can take me! ME! IS HE DELUSIONAL?! THAT QUIRKLESS IDIOT CAN"T EVEN PROTECT HIS OWN DAUGHTER PROPERLY!

Suddenly, I felt tired.

Aizawa: Sorry kid, Can't have you shouting up the place. Sleep tight.

-End of Flashback-

(Izuku POV)

We all walked over to a hallway that led out of the stadium.

Izuku: Ryoshi, what's happening? I wasn't paying attention.

Ryoshi: Of course you weren't...we're doing an obstacle course.

Izuku: Sounds fun!

Midnight Three...Two...One...GO!

With a crack of the whip, we all rushed into the hallway. We immediately got frozen.

Shoto: Sorry guys, but we are going to win this round.

Izuku: In your dreams!

Ryoshi, Hanako and I broke out of the ice. The Todoroki twins legged it while we freed Katsumi and Izumi and followed. We also saw Momo ahead. She created a cannon like she did in the aptitude test, and shot it at a Zero pointer, immediately disabling it as it was a headshot!

Gil: This is the design that I am going for with Momo's suit. She's not wearing it now, but I just got reminded now.

I looked at my group and grinned.

Izuku: Race ya!

I didn't wait for a response and immediately sprinted away.

I heard a 'Hey!' from Hanako. I grinned at Momo as I ran past her, closely followed by Ryoshi, then Hanako, Izumi and Katsumi. The next obstacle was a tightrope challenge that the Todoroki twins had already passed. I shrugged and activated SDT and just flew over the pit. I flew up next to the Todoroki twins as they were using their ice to fly over the minefield. I flew past them with a big grin on my face as I was ahead of them and Ryoshi! I had this race in the bag.

Or so I thought. I flinched as I heard a loud explosion and saw Katsumi speed past me. I was wide eyed as she past the finish line in first. I was close behind her in second, but still, where did the speed come from? I saw her laying on the ground, breathing hard, not seeming to be able to take air in. She was winded, and was scared about not being able to breathe. I rushed over to her.

Izuku: Hey, Katsumi? Look at me. Copy what I do ok?

I grabbed her hands.

Izuku: Now, breathe in slowly, and then out.

She copied my breathing, and soon calmed down. The rest of the group was here by now. I stood up and pulled her up.

Izuku: You ok now?

Katsumi: Yeah. Thanks Izuku. I was so scared! I couldn't breathe!

Her hands were shaking. She had fear in her eyes.

Izuku: Hey, hey, look at me. There you go. You're safe now.

I could tell that there was another reason for her fear of not being able to breathe, but I'll ask her after the festival.

Midnight congratulated us on our positions. Next was a cavalry battle. Midnight explained the rules, and we all made the teams.

Gil: Sorry guys, I'm going to skip the cavalry battle. I will put an updated bracket in.

After the cavalry battles, we got some time to rest in the break rooms. Due to safety precautions, Nezu decided to build a private break/lobby area for the students to rest in and provided some TVs to watch the rounds. The TV currently showed us the bracket of the first round.

Round 1:

Battle 1: Izuku Sparda vs Hitoshi Shinso

Battle 2: Shoto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero - will be skipped

Battle 3: Izumi Yagi vs Ibara Shiozaki

Battle 4: Ryoshi Sparda vs Tenya Iida

Battle 5: Mina Ashido vs Hanako Sparda

Battle 6: Momo Yaoyorozu vs Fumikage Tokoyami - will be skipped

Battle 7: Eijiro Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu - will be skipped

Battle 8: Katsumi Bakugo vs Ochaco Uraraka

Gil: Same as canon fights will be skipped, sorry for the inconvenience. I just don't want to rewrite fights that are already the same. I will try to find videos of the fights.

I looked at the first match and sighed. This may be difficult. I don't know how this guy's quirk works, or what it was. I was sitting in the waiting room for the first match while my opponent was introduced to the crowd. I heard my name and walked out of the door. Everyone cheered as I walked onto the field.

Midnight: Are you ready?

We both nodded. When the whip cracked, I casually walked forwards.

Hitoshi: Why do you want to be a hero?

Izuku: To prove to thos-

Hitoshi: Walk out of the arena.

(3rd person POV)

Izuku walked towards the edge of the arena. People were confused by what he was doing. Suddenly, a massive burst of demonic energy erupted from Izuku, Breaking Hitoshi's hold on him.

Izuku: Neat trick!

Izuku summoned Yamato to hand.

Hitoshi: Ugh, wow, you have such a powerful quirk, you are already set up to be a hero.

Izuku: Seems unfair huh?

Hitoshi: What?

Izuku: Seems unfair that I have a more powerful quirk than you, right? That's what you are thinking.

Hitoshi: Yeah, so what? It's true!

Izuku: News flash, I only got this quirk ten months before the entrance exam.

Hitoshi: What?!

Izuku: I was bullied for not having a quirk, I was in the same boat for a while.

Hitoshi looked at Izuku as he walked up to him.

(Izuku POV)
Izuku: Your quirk is so cool! Imagine what you could do with it! You could stop hostage situations with a single question!

Hitoshi: But my quirk is villainous.

Izuku: My quirk is the same as a person who was a villain! But here I am! There is no such thing as heroic or villainous quirks, people who think otherwise are quirkist assholes.

Hitoshi stared at me and smiled.

Hitoshi: Huh, thank you, Izuku. You have no idea how much that meant to me!

Izuku: I'm just here, doing my job. Friends?

I held out my hand to him, which he took.

Hitoshi: Friends.

He then turned around and walked out of the ring.

Hitoshi: I have lots to learn. Thanks for enlightening me Izuku. Next year, I will beat you!

Izuku: I'm counting on it!

Midnight: Awww, that's so sweet. Izuku Sparda wins!

I turned around and walked out of the arena, back to the waiting room. I sat down with my group, who congratulated me, and we watched the next round.

I knew that Shoto had crazy ice power, but this isn't what I thought they meant! Half of the arena was frozen! I could hear uncle Enji and aunty Rei cheering for him.

Enji: SHOTOOOOO! THATS MY BOY!

Rei: THAT'S MY SON! SHOW THEM THE POWER OF ICE!

I laughed at their reactions. Must be great to have supportive parents. I looked over at Shoka, who was a bit down as she didn't win the cavalry battle. I walk up and put a hand on her shoulder.

Izuku: Hey, don't look so down, you did great! I'm sure you will win next year!

Shoka smiled at this and nodded her thanks. I smiled at her and walked back over to Hanako. We sat down on the couch together, my arm around her shoulders and her head resting on my shoulder. Shoka was sitting on the couch to the left of us. Ryoshi was on the right couch, alone as Izumi had gone to prepare for her match. I watched as Katsumi sat down next to Shoka. The two started talking. I noticed how close Katsumi was sitting to Shoka. Katsumi noticed me staring, so I grinned at her. She nervously smiled back, and continued to talk with Shoka. Katsumi's arm was resting on the couch back behind Shoka, but I saw the arm moving closer to Shoka.

Shoka jumped when she felt an arm wrap around her. She looked at Katsumi, who was red in the face. Katsumi started apologising and pulled her arm away, only for Shoka to grab it and put it back. Katsumi's eyes widened as Shoka leaned into her embrace. She looked over yo me, blushing. I gave her a thumbs up. I looked over at Ryoshi, who was fiddling with his guns.

Izuku: Oi, Ryoshi!

Ryoshi: Yeah?

Izuku: She has more balls than you! Hurry up and confess to my sister already!

This earned a laugh from Shoka and Katsumi. I felt Hanako shaking, trying to hold back her laughter.

Ryoshi: F-Fine. I'll go do it after her round.

Izuku: Speaking of, there she goes now!

(Izumi POV)

I walked out onto the field, hearing the roaring crowd. I smiled. I looked at my opponent for this round. She had green hair, seemingly made of vines, Ibara Shiozaki her name was.

Midnight: Are both of you ready?

Izumi: Yep.

I did some neck stretches while Ibara nodded to Midnight's question.

Midnight: And...GO!

She cracked her whip and I was off! I activated OFA at 5% and blasted forwards, surprising the girl, who seemed to be praying. She used her hair as a shield, which forced me to dodge over. I landed on the other side and used my Telekinesis to lift her up. She shot her vines at me I dropped her and used my telekinesis to form an invisible shield around me. I rushed forwards with 10% OFA and punched her vine shield. She was blasted back, but stopped just before the line as she used her vines to pin herself in place. I tugged her towards me, before punching her again.

Izumi: Momentum Reversal!

I used my telekinesis to add extra power to the punch, sending her flying out of the ring. I grabbed her with my telekinesis and placed her gently on the ground.

Midnight: Izumi Yagi wins!

The crowd cheers at my victory. I Ignore the sounds of my father cheering from the crowd.

Izumi: Great work Ibara!

Ibara: You were an excellent opponent. You never got cocky, an excellent child of god!

I smiled at her.

Izumi: I have an idea of something you could do with your quirk. If you sent the vines underground while you had the shield up, you could use it as a sneak attack!

Ibara: I never thought of that. It seems that god has blessed you with amazing wisdom too!

Izumi: Thanks Ibara!

We both walked back to the lobby area to rest. I saw Ryoshi standing by the entrance. I walked over to him. Before I could get to him, I was hit with a massive headache and started to fall. I was caught by Ryoshi.

Ryoshi: Wrap your arms around my neck, I'll take you back.

I followed his request as he picked me up bridal style and carried me back to the room. He placed me on the couch and walked off. I looked over and saw that Izuku had his arm around Hanako while they were sitting down. I also saw Katsumi and Shoka in the same position. I smiled and gave them a thumbs up. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my head, gently pulling my head back. I let out a sigh of relief as something cold was placed on my forehead. I thanked Ryoshi as he sat down next to me. I felt Ryoshi's head move close to my ear. I gasped in surprise at the feeling of his breath. He then whispered into my ear.

Ryoshi (whisper): I love you Izumi, I have for a while now. He then wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head against his shoulder, surprised by the confession. I smiled and was probably red in the face. But I was happy, the happiest I have ever been.

Gil: Thanks again for reading! Now, the next chapter will be the rest of round one. Then round two three and the final match.

Have fun, enjoy life, and much love!

This is Gil, signing out.

Word count: 2410

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 4.8K 66
You would think being the son of the number 1 hero would be amazing right? wrong, my name is izuku midoriya and my life has been hell for over 14 yea...
24.2K 356 18
After a freak occurrence, Izuku and Momo find themselves in a unfamiliar place called Red Grave City as they meet 3 powerful, awesome and stylish dem...
262K 5.1K 30
A quirkless Izuku Yagi was neglected by his parent's and bullied by his sister, Izumi along with her childhood friends, Katsuki Bakugo, and Shoto Tod...
113K 1.9K 32
Izuku yagi has suffered humiliation, physical and mental abuse by his so called friends and family just because he his quirkless but all of that is a...