Some Way Home? ⇝ Peter Parker

By Indy_Anapolis

"Not the reveal you were hoping for, I'm guessing?" "I'm perfectly... More

Introduction & Face Claims
πŸ•Έ Prologue πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ1πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ3πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ4πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ5πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ6πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ7πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ8πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ9πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ10πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ11πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ12πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ13πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ14πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ15πŸ•Έ
πŸ•Έ16πŸ•Έ
πŸ•ΈEpilogueπŸ•Έ

πŸ•Έ2πŸ•Έ

233 7 1
By Indy_Anapolis

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 15th, 2023

Two stressed-looking men entered the hallway of the vending machine. Peter's senses enhanced as he listened in.

"I still don't know why Dr. Vorro keeps that 'thing' around," the brown-haired scientist started with disgust.

"That goo is going to get someone killed, but we'll be in even worse trouble if we don't experiment with this freakin' death material!" replied the brunette scientist.

"You got that right... let's just get to the back lab before we get reported for being late."

The two continued with more small talk as they fast-walked down a back hallway, completely passing Peter without a glance. This especially confused Peter as there shouldn't have been any labs in that direction, only storage rooms. Unless... there was? He would need to follow them and see where they were-

"I'm not one to pry, but why in the world are you hiding behind the vending machine?"

Peter snapped out of his thoughts immediately and hoisted himself out from behind the snack machine. After dusting himself off, he came face to face with Cam Flores. What a great impression he's leaving.

"I... was just... um... fixing it?" It came out more as a question as Peter pursed his lips and gave a little nod and smile.

"Yeah, sure? So, it's broken or...?"

"Oh! Um, no I got it! Heh"

"Great. I really needed something to eat. Do you want to sit on break together?"

Peter was conflicted. He desperately wanted to take a break with her and talk to his ever-growing crush, yet these scientists had already gotten farther down the hall. If he didn't track them down now, he'd lose them. It was like deja vu with his past lovers slapping him in the face.

"Cam, I would love to... but I have so many d-deliveries to do so, I gotta..." He pointed with his thumb down the hall.

"You have to deliver to storage closets?" She queried, her eyebrows furrowing up. It was a great look on her, Peter thought.

"I-" he started trying to think of yet another excuse. "Janitors! They buzzed my watch and they're down the storage hall."

"You have fun with that Parker." She said with a laugh that sounded like a scoff.

He was about to jog down the hall before proposing lunch to her, to which she agreed reluctantly.

Sometimes, Peter loathed Spider-man.

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

Peter reached the end of the mostly empty hallway to a choice of left or right. He had lost them.

Just as he was going to retreat to the way he came, he was called out.

"Hey kid, you're not supposed to be over in this area." Peter whipped his head to the left hallway. That's where they went. "Too many power hazards in the storage rooms and such," continued the brunette scientist Peter had seen earlier. The chubby man slowly approached Peter waiting for a response.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm, uh, new."

"Just head back the way you came. My guys and I are just checking out a breaker incident."

"Right. Again, so sorry Mr...?"

"Doctor Greery." he corrected.

"Good luck with the breakers, Doctor." With that, Peter turned around and began his walk back to the main office area, still sensing that the man was staring at him from behind.

Peter was beyond suspicious now. The goo? What is it and why was it a 'death machine'? He couldn't answer those questions and clearly, the scientists were not going to let him. Peter wasn't going to be able to dig further, but he knew someone else who could.

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

The brown-haired boy finished his final drink delivery before the company-wide lunch break. Some would eat in their offices, however, the majority would eat in the employee lunch room, complete with tables upon tables, and many different food options. It was as if a billionaire came in and renovated a high school cafeteria.

Peter entered the already packed lunch room with his small lunch bag and scanned the tables. He stopped when he spotted Robby's mop of curls in the far east of the cafeteria. He swerved past the hundreds of starving, already exhausted workers.

A huge smile came to Rob's face as he noticed Peter approaching.

"Pete! Man, am I ready for lunch! It's been a long day so far."

"Tell me about it. I also may have invited Cam to sit with us."

Robby craned his head back into a fit of laughter.

"You like her! You totally do!"

"I just think it's a nice thing to do! Give her some people to sit with," Peter defended with a slight shrug.

"Yeah, man, I think she has friends," Robby said while pointing across the hall to Camila conversing with two other women.

"And yet she still agreed to sit with us losers," Peter countered with a smug smile as they watched Cam bid her goodbyes to the girls and make her way to the pair.

The boys straightened their posture and organized their lunch items in front of them as Cam arrived and positioned herself across from the two.

"Hi again, Peter." Peter smiled and waved in response.

"Robby." She smiled at both of them before unpacking her lunch.

As the trio began digging into their lunches, they started conversations, laughing and joking like they'd known each other for years. For the first time in a while, Peter almost felt at peace. Almost. Until he was reminded of the unfinished business he had to take care of.

"So Peter, how did your janitor deliveries go? Were they better than taking a break?" Cam teased.

Peter's mood instantly dropped as he was reminded of why he had to leave her in the hallway in the first place. An Avenger's job was never over.

"Heh, yeah." He rubbed the back of his head. "There's nothing like skipping out on eating a chocolate bar to deliver food to angry employees." He joked sarcastically.

"Cam invited you to take a break with her and you said 'no'?" Robby teased back, to which he and Cam started laughing. Peter only blushed, knowing what Rob was getting at.

The conversation kept flowing with ease until their hour was concluded.

Cam was the first to get up.

"This was one of the nicest lunches I've had in a while. Anyways, I'll see you guys around later this week. I've got a deadline for my current project, so I'll be staying overnight. Lucky me!" Cam gushed.

Robby was conversing back with her, while Peter was nodding trying to listen. He barely heard anything she said because he spotted the two older scientists from earlier. They were walking and sharing dialogue, while subtly peering behind their backs. They ducked behind a corner that led to the same hallway where Peter suspected their secret was; the one he got confronted in earlier.

He turned his attention back to the two, ready to say goodbye and follow the men again.

They said their farewells, and as Robby walked away, Cam went in for a hug which Peter immediately returned.

"Sorry if that was random. I just feel comfortable with you." She said blushing.

Peter grinned big. "I do too! I think we both needed that." He laughed out, also blushing.

"For sure. Especially with all the stress I'm putting myself under with this project."

"I hope it goes well." He smiled. "I really have to go now, but it was good to eat with you!"

He jogged off in the direction of where the scientists went again. He may not be able to pass a certain point like last time, but he needed to get a better sense of direction.

He planned on coming back as Spider-man that night to find out what was going on once and for all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 4.8K 34
~HIGHEST RANKING: #1Michelle, #1Ship, #1MichelleJones, #1Peterandmichelle #1Spideychelle #1PeterandMJ~ Michelle Jones likes books, doesn't wear makeu...
295K 8.5K 63
"But that's ruins all the fun now, doesn't it sweetheart?" || Determined. Sarcastic. Genius. All words to describe both of the Starks. Peter Parker h...
23.9K 581 10
Peter has a secret he's Spider-Man well that and he has a crush on his best friend. Peter struggles between school and hero life and is loosing hope...
84.8K 1.9K 24
COMPLETED Riley Stark has a mission. Her father, Tony, has enrolled her in Midtown School of Science and Technology and she is to keep a watch on Pet...