Cold ✔

By withasmileandlaugh

Highest Rank : #1 in Werewolf Category. When Chriselda stumbles upon the land of the Dawnfall Depths Pack to... More

:::::Author's Note:::::
:::::Chapter 1:::::
:::::Chapter 2:::::
:::::Chapter 3:::::
:::::Chapter 4:::::
:::::Chapter 5:::::
:::::Chapter 6:::::
:::::Chapter 7:::::
:::::Chapter 8:::::
:::::Chapter 9:::::
:::::Chapter 10:::::
:::::Chapter 11:::::
:::::Chapter 12:::::
:::::Chapter 13:::::
:::::Chapter 14:::::
:::::Chapter 15:::::
:::::Chapter 16:::::
:::::Chapter 17:::::
:::::Chapter 18:::::
:::::Chapter 19:::::
:::::Chapter 20:::::
:::::Chapter 21:::::
:::::Chapter 22:::::
:::::Chapter 23:::::
:::::Chapter 24:::::
:::::Chapter 25:::::
:::::Chapter 26:::::
:::::Chapter 27:::::
:::::Chapter 28:::::
:::::Chapter 29:::::
:::::Chapter 30:::::
:::::Chapter 31:::::
:::::Chapter 32:::::
:::::Chapter 33:::::
:::::Chapter 34:::::
:::::Chapter 35:::::
:::::Chapter 36:::::
:::::Chapter 37:::::
:::::Chapter 38:::::
:::::Chapter 39:::::
:::::Chapter 40:::::
:::::Chapter 41:::::
:::::Chapter 42:::::
:::::Chapter 43:::::
:::::Chapter 45:::::
:::::Chapter 46:::::
:::::Chapter 47:::::
:::::Note:::::
:::::Chapter 48:::::
:::::Chapter 49:::::
:::::Chapter 50:::::
:::::Explanations:::::

:::::Chapter 44:::::

339K 15.6K 1.4K
By withasmileandlaugh

When I reach the end, I'm left shocked at the sight before me. I see Anne struggling in the hold of four men while Kurt turns to face me. "Welcome Beta Chriselda Turner. You're right on time," he says with a sinister smile.

"How do you know my name?" I ask, trying to gain some time to think how I can get Anne out of here unharmed.

"How can I not know the name of the first female Beta?" He says.

"What are you planning to do with Anne?" I ask. I may have a slight chance against fighting five men but there's no guarantee that I'll win.

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

"Don't you dare touch her!" I threaten him.

"What if I do?" He asks in a challenging tone.

"Your fight is with Alarick, not with his sister," I say.

"You know, I'm capable of hurting him but I don't want to hurt him just physically. I want to hurt him emotionally just like he hurt me by killing my father," Kurt says. The man before me has lost his sanity. He continues with a venomous tone, "I still can't believe that a kid killed a strong Alpha." He pauses. "Alarick killed my father. Now, I'll kill his sister." Before Kurt can strike at Anne, I grab his arm and throw him away with as much force as I can manage. I won't let him hurt my Luna.

I do the same thing with the four men holding Anne. While Kurt and his men are recovering from my attack, I rush to Anne to check up on her. There are bruises on her hands and legs where Kurt's men were holding her. I look at her. There's so much fear in her eyes. When she looks at me, she burst into tears. I hug her to calm her down. "I won't let anything happen to you," I tell her.

Soon, I get pulled away by Kurt's men while Anne screams my name. Kurt's men start punching and kicking me while I try to block them. I try to attack them as well as defend myself. Soon, Kurt joins his men in fighting me. I try to fight them with all of my strength.

Blood, bruises, wounds, cuts and broken bones. That's my condition. But my enemies are in worse condition which is a good thing for me.

After the fight, Kurt and his men are on the ground groaning in pain while I try to steady myself. "Are you okay?" Anne asks as she rushes towards me with a worried expression on her face. Before I can respond, her eyes grow wide and she screams, "Chriselda, look back!"

Before I can turn around, I feel a jab at my neck. I take out the syringe from my neck and examine it. Suddenly, I feel my system shutting down. I turn around slowly and seeing the blurry figure of Kurt running away. What did that prick inject me with?

The syringe falls from my hand as I feel the world spinning around me. I fall on the ground as the weakness overwhelms my body. I hear the faint scream of Anne. As I lie on the ground, I try to fight the darkness that is ready to consume me. I'm trying so hard to keep my eyes open because I know that if I let my eyes close then I'll not be able to open them ever again.

From my blurry vision, I see Anne shifting into a wolf. Soon, I find myself lying on her back and we head out of the cave. I watch the wilderness of the forest pass me by in a blur as Anne runs with all her might. I don't know where she is taking me but I hope to get there soon before all my strength leaves my body.

After running for a while, we enter into a familiar territory. The territory of her pack, the Dawnfall Depths. Anne runs past the houses and stops in front of the pack house. From the corner of my eye, I see people gathering around us. I look ahead of me and the first person that I see is my Alpha, Matt, coming out of the pack house with a look of panic across his face which is enough to tell me that I'm in the worst condition. I must be looking like a mess. I jump off from Anne's back using all my strength. Thankfully, I land on my feet rather than on my face. I try to walk towards Matt. I want to tell him that I kept my promise. I didn't let anything happen to his mate.

After I take the first step, everything happens in slow motion. I hear the people gasp around me as I start falling. I hear Matt scream my name as he runs towards me to catch me. Before I can close my eyes, I see another person rushing towards me. Is that Alarick? Why does he look worried?

He can't be worried for me, right?

Before I can think further about it, I feel all of my strength leaving my body. And I finally close my eyes.

Author's Note: Firstly, I would like to inform people that yes, I did publish Chapter 44 a few days back but I had taken it down for editing purposes. If you would've been following me then you would've known since I notified all my followers through a common message. If there is any problem with this story then I will surely notify my followers. So, if you want to remain up-to-date with this story then follow me.

Secondly, this story crossed 1 million reads. Thank you so much for your support! Virtual hugs and kisses! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 15.6K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
592K 16.3K 18
(I'm freaking out. My highest rank is #242 in the werewolf category. Do you know how many people write werewolf books. Ive never been ranked before...
800K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
227K 5K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...