Kimetsu no yaiba: Ancient Evil

By SleepyComets

Two young foster brothers set off on a mission oversea's to Greece in order to assist the Hashira and demon s... More

Trip to Greece part one: Siren's Song
Trip to Greece part two: Sea and sky demons
The road to HQ
Meeting the hashira!
The training
The meteor
Thessaloniki Plague
The past of a scientist
Fated Battle, Hashira vs Upper moon!
Don't Give in, Fulfill Your Promise
Goodbye, old friends.
A fresh breeze for a new mission.
Hashira meeting.
The divisions.
Torn page.
The author's secret.
Under the city.
Bombardment Day
The executives.
Ash fall.
Two brothers
Echo of the past.
Cage match of poison and death.
Falcon of venom and blood.
Tears of the sinners.

A Double Sided Coin

12 2 0
By SleepyComets

Mission Report: A Double Sided Coin

Date: April 8th

Kaiyo's Side

You can hear footsteps and busy talk as someone walks down a street within Anastreptos' largest market.

Street Vendor: Hey kid! Need any fresh vegetables for the family?

Another Vendor: How about some fresh fish? Just delivered from the docks, it's the first catch of the day!

Kaiyo is wearing a thin light blue dress shirt with a black harness on with dark brown dress pants and common black shoes along with a gray petastos. He also has his hair tied back into a high ponytail.

Kaiyo: No thanks pops! I'm only a tourist!

The Vege Vendor motions with his hand to come over.

Vege Vendor: Here kid, He hands Kaiyo a fresh quince

Kaiyo: Huh? For free?

Vege Vendor: This is a city near the sea and has beautiful architecture. It makes me happy seeing people enjoy it knowing how much I love it myself so enjoy yourself.

Kaiyo: Thanks a lot! He takes a bite of the quince like it's a sweet and continues on walking (Quince's are a fruit native to Greece that are very sour and tart when fresh and tough to bite into, Kaiyo has a high spice and sour tolerance)

Older lady: Oh, thank you sweetie (She says as she takes a bag of groceries from a vendor)

A man in dark clothing runs by and swipes the lady's unguarded purse.

Older lady: Ah! Thief! Thei-

Before she can even sputter out another word Kaiyo runs by.

The thief looks back as he's running away already a bit ahead of Kaiyo.

Thief: Huh? Who does this kid think he is some kind of hero?

He takes a sharp turn and knocks over some crates trying to slow down Kaiyo.

Kaiyo jumps on top of the vendor stands and jumps across them one by one just as if they're roof tops.

Thief: W- what the hell is with this kid!?

The thief grabs a few hand crafted items and throws them up towards Kaiyo just as a surprised look appears on his face from Kaiyo dodging and batting a few of them away.

He turns away and frantically runs into an alley.

Kaiyo: Oh no you don't!

Kaiyo reaches his hand behind him and grabs a small dagger similar in shape to his nichirin blade and throws it at the thief's feet as he ran into the alley.

A scream is heard and then a tumble, Kaiyo slows down and slowly walks into the alley.

Kaiyo: Isn't it a little petty stealing from the elderly?

Thief: Ah! I- I'm sorry! I'll give everything back just don't hurt me!

Kaiyo: How about you give me what you took and a little extra?

Thief: W- well let's be reasonable here.

Kaiyo: I don't think you're in a position to negotiate! (He kicks him in the gut)

Thief: Oof! A- alright! What else do you want?

Kaiyo: Information, what do you know about this city's government officials?

Thief: Government... look I'm just a low life thief who steals at the market with my small group of buddies every now and then.

Kaiyo rips the dagger out of the thief's ankle.

Thief: Ahhhh! O ok! I don't know anything myself but one of the city's local gang members might know a bit more! I just know there's some kind of transaction going on with them at a warehouse in the west docks tonight!

Kaiyo wipes off his dagger and puts it back in its sheath and then grabs the purse.

Kaiyo: Thanks man, see you around.

Kaiyo Thoughts: So a secret meeting at a warehouse in the western docks tonight huh?

Police officer: Sorry ma'am but there's nothing we can do right now to get your belongings back. These types of things take time.

Older lady: Oh, I see...

Kaiyo: Ma'am I believe this is yours?

Older lady: Oh my! Thank you so much young man here take this.

She tries giving Kaiyo some money.

Kaiyo: It's quite alright ma'am I was just doing a good deed I don't need payment.

Older lady: But I feel bad if I don't reward you.

Kaiyo points down with a polite grin to another Quince in her grocery bag.

The older lady kindly gives it to him.

Kaiyo pats the officer on the shoulder as he walks away.

Kaiyo: Sorry Officer, the guy got away but I was able to recover her belongings.

Some time passes by as Kaiyo freely enjoys the rest of his day until night falls.

You can hear the sound of the waves crashing up against the docks and the buoy bells ringing as Kaiyo walks up to the warehouses on the west dock.

Kaiyo: So this is it? But which one is it? Ugh, I should've interrogated that thief a little more.

He begins walking around the area and finds some cargo crates leaning up against one of the warehouses and decides to climb to the top and scout out the other warehouses by looking through their windows.

Kaiyo: This must be the one, it's a small place but some crates in the middle are set up like a table and I'm assuming the goods are behind them.

He enters through a window and lays down on the roof supports close to the ceiling.

Kaiyo: Guess now all I have to do is wait.

Some time passes by as the doors on each side of the warehouse open and more dark thick clothed civilians walk in.

Gang member 1: (entered the warehouse through the east side) Do you have them?

Gang member 2: (entered the warehouse through the west side) We have them, do you have the payment?

Gang member 1 opens a case revealing a ton of money while gang member 2 opens a crate full of drugs.

Kaiyo: Guess it's time to make an entrance.

He jumps down from above and smashes the first two gang members faces against the crate knocking them out.

Gang member 3: Who are you!?

He goes to grab something hidden by his waist as Kaiyo drops down on his hands and kicks into his chest, sending him flying.

Gang member 4: Bastard!

He pulls a knife and charges Kaiyo, Kaiyo grabs his arm that holds the knife then snaps it then proceeds to punch him in the gut and land a light but precise chop to the back of his neck.

Gang member 5 pulls out a gun but before he can fire Kaiyo throws his dagger landing it in the barrel of the pistol making it blow up in the gang members face.

A growl and a some drops of what sounds like water can be heard after the fifth member is taken down temporarily,

Kaiyo: Oh shit...!

The sixth member takes off his hat showing feral eyes, fangs in a foaming mouth and claw like hands.

The demon changes Kaiyo as he runs straight at the demon; he slides underneath it, grabbing his previously tossed dagger.

The demon lunges swiping again and again at Kaiyo as he barely parrys the claw strikes with his dagger then after a fifth parry Kaiyo breaks the demon's fury of attacks by cutting off its hand.

Kaiyo: I hope this works with this thing.

Kaiyo takes a deep breath.

Kaiyo: Improvised Rain breathing, Second form Swirling rainfall!

Kaiyo holds his dagger in a reverse grip and dashes towards the demon and quickly rotates his body into a quick spin before using the built up force to slash straight through the demon's neck as if a gust of wind is blowing rain in a cyclone.

Kaiyo sighs in relief.

(Improvised breathing is a uncommon technique used among demon slayers it's sometimes taught alongside a regular breathing style, it's meant to be used when a sword is snapped or using a different weapon made from nichirin and purely depends on the user's skill if it's effective or not)

Kaiyo: Guess I can't interrogate him, what about you though?

He looks at the one gang member who wasn't incapacitated but had his gun explode.

Fifth gang member: W what was that thing!?

Kaiyo slowly walks towards him.

Kaiyo: That's not important right now, what is important is you telling me more about the people who run this city!

Fifth gang member: I- I don't know anything! But if you are looking for information go to the sewers at night and press your hand against one of the old movie posters down there and the way to the black market should open up, there's plenty of information down there!

Kaiyo: Thanks. (Thoughts: it's a bit late now I'll go ahead and check this out tomorrow night)

The rest of the day passed by as Kaiyo took a rest at the (Anastreptos HQ) til tomorrow night.

Kaiyo: Well I guess this is as good an entrance as any.

He says after lifting the manhole in the alley he first apprehended that thief.

Kaiyo: This place stinks! But I guess that's to be expected, at least there's already a poster here.

He presses his hand against the wall beside the poster and the wall pushes itself in and raises up making an opening about the size of a door and within is a tunnel like pathway that leads downwards.

He passes through the doorway and observes the opening seal up behind him.

He rubs his hands along the wall.

Kaiyo: No mechanics or slow vibrations that indicate human creation...this was made by a demon.

He begins traveling down the path, The walls are all made from a clayish brown but feel more like a really hard rock or steel and there are stairs in some parts to help navigating downwards.

He finally gets to an opening revealing a huge open spaced cavern with an ancient city inside made from the same material as the walls.

Kaiyo: What is this place!?

A huge part of what seemed like a wall of the cavern opens up revealing the open sea and a boat makes its way out as the sun brightens the city up temporarily until the ship clears the opening then the door shuts again.

Kaiyo: Holy shit! I've never seen anything like that before.

He walks down the rest of the path to the city itself and is stopped by a man shrouded in a dark gray cloak, his outfit almost looks like that of an old victoria period hunter's clothing.

The mysterious man: What brings you here? Not many come to this place except that of criminals.

Kaiyo: Information...but what exactly is this place?

Mysterious man: The black market you can find just about anything down here. The only rule is to keep this place secret. If you can comply I'll let you in.

Kaiyo: Oh yea sure

Mysterious man: Wait here.

He comes back with a more civilian-like outfit similar to his own,

Mysterious man: You can go in but wear this your current clothes stand out too much.

Kaiyo changes into the new clothes not far from the entrance before returning to the man.

Kaiyo: Why look out for me?

Mysterious man: I just don't like seeing kids get hurt, if you know any better get what you come from and don't return, just remember the rule. Information broker is straight ahead towards the end of town, it's the place that looks like a cigarette booth.

Kaiyo nods his head and begins heading through the town, the entire place is quiet and full of people wearing concealing clothes much like the city above but eerily silent.

He arrives at the booth.

Info Broker: So...what do ya want to know?

Kaiyo: Info, Know anything suspicious about the politicians of the city above?

Info Broker: I do, I do. Apparently one of them is suspected of distortion while others say he has some kind of powers but that's all you're gonna get unless you wanna pay with work?

He says with a smirk.

Kaiyo: Great....I hate doing this kind of work.

A week passes as Kaiyo does work he isn't fond of but gets vital information

Date: April 16th

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 1K 28
Y/n L/n is a half human half demon and chooses to use his power to help the demon slayer corps on his journey he met a young man named Tanjiro Kamado...
865K 29.4K 45
━ ❝ 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍, 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? ❞ ( kny upper moons x fem!reader )...
2.7K 52 18
After the events on the infinity train your journey continues to fight along side your fellow comrades and put an end to Muzan's rain ......While t...
6.1K 176 22
Since ancient times, demons and demon slayers fought for humanity's safety and future. For as long as anyone would recall, no human or demon were abl...