Ash fall.

Date: April 16th

Mission report: Anastreptos raid.

A few hours before the raid.

Kazan: I'll have to hold them off and make sure they don't escape after the ash bomb goes off.

Mitsuki: Will you be able to handle that? Kokuri can't come here and Kurisu called for support for the more fodder demons.

Kazan: It's fine. Kokuri is sending members of the elite division here. My suspicion is that the wisteria will weaken the demons enough, even the upper moons, into giving me a fighting chance until you two can get there.

Kaiyo: Yeah don't worry so much Mitsuki! Kazan's a hashira.

Kazan: It's going to be tricky... but I'll make it work.Though the next thing I have to ask of you guys... You can decline if you wish because it's risky.

During the raid

The two brothers look out at the city. There's flames on the surface, screams, demon slayers helping civilians and fodder demons fighting.

A memory from Mitsuki's past begins to play a familiar scene. Screams and cries for help echo throughout his mind. He feels something tugging on his arm and he looks down at it. It's a kid covered in blood looking at him.

Kid: Why... Why Mitsuki... Why did yo-

Kaiyo: Mitsuki!

Mitsuki snaps back to reality, realizing the kid was just a hallucination of his past. A shiver runs through his body.

Kaiyo: You alright?

Mitsuki: It's nothing important. Just some old memories...

Kaiyo gives him a concerned look.

Mitsuki: Let's go.

The two run into the city.

Shortly after the ash bomb went off.

Kazan: Here I go...

Kazan walks into the blazing mansion. He sees two silhouettes.

Murasaka: Who would've thought that they'd commence such a strong attack?!

Hayameru: Bastard, they're already here.

Kazan: I've never been too big on introductions, but I'm Kazan Sora. The current ash hashira of Greece.

The two upper moons look up at Kazan standing there. Kazan quickly charges forward trying to slice Murasaka. Murasaka barely blocks it with a staff but still gets pushed back.

???: Dear! Are you still here dear!

A woman cries out while coughing. She emerges from the smoke. She's a very tall lady with snow white hair. She falls to her legs and looks at Hayameru.

Woman: H-Haya... Dear???

She looks in horror at Hayameru's true form. Hayameru reaches for her.

Kazan: I won't let you!

Kazan rushes to her, picking her up and flicking an ash bomb at him. He carries her out of the building. She looks up at him fully revealing himself. He's wearing his normal outfit just with a plague doctor like mask and a pair of goggles as well. He sets her down on the grass and runs back into the mansion.

Hayameru: He's wearing these ugly accessories to stay alive in his own smoke. How pitiful.

Hayameru. Upper moon four.

Murasaka: Only one hashira? That's a shame.

Murasaka: Upper moon five.

Hayameru quickly rushes Kazan and punches him. Sending him flying back into a wall.