Things we do for love

By piano2099

Naruto, a demon. A monster. A murderer. Or so they said. In reality, he was just a kid, with a tailed beast s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Update Schedule
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N- Additional content
HOLY SHIT!
Hello people
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Shippuden
Shippuden Chapter 1
Shippuden Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
100K
Chapter 13
A SUPER DUPER UBER IIMPORTANT QUESTION
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Story
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 32

1.2K 32 10
By piano2099

The day of the Chunin Exam was here. Konohamaru approached the Sunagakure Ninja Academy, which resembled a large Colosseum, divided into floors.

'Hm... the exam is supposed to be on the top floor, so let's get going,' he thought before taking in a deep breath.

"Ne Kono, just relax," came a voice from behind him startling him.

"AAH! Bo- S-sensei..." 

"Relax, despite what everyone else says, this is not as difficult as everyone says. Barring my year's Chunin exam, most of the deaths during them happen in the second phase and is usually due to triggering traps due to nervousness or fear. People perform less efficiently when scared or nervous, so take a deep breath. You are more than prepared for it, and you're gonna kill it, ya know," Naruto said as Konohamaru nodded.

"Right, Sensei! I've gotta prove you right!" he said with a smile, remembering the faith Naruto showed in him.

With that, he walked into the center, going to the staircase.

When he started climbing, he noticed that even after taking many steps, he wasn't much farther from where he was. Many people who were alongside him were already tired and sitting.

"These stairs are moving backward! It's impossible to climb these, no matter how fast one goes!"

'Are these guys... stupid?' was the only thing Konohamaru thought, before applying chakra to his feet and trying to scale the wall, only to be blasted off of the wall.

'... What?'

He then looked around, trying to find some kind of mechanism to get to the top, as many others tried the same method as he did, only to fail miserably.

"What's the trick... there has to be something," he muttered, trying to do his best to think of a plan.

He then tried to shunshin to the top, but that too failed as the stairs flattened, making him fall.

'Hmm... the walls are a no-go, the stairs aren't stairing, so that leaves the ceiling,' he thought before jumping onto the ceiling trying to stick to it, and succeeding.

"Wait... so that's it? Pretty lame, I heard it was Genjutsu during Boss's exam..." he muttered before starting to walk.

However, he soon took back the statement, as he had to walk seven floors while upside down. THAT was not pleasant, and his head was slightly spinning.

'Don't throw up, don't throw up!'

"You too are queasy?" asked Daiki as he put his hand on Konohamaru's shoulder.

"You too?"

"Yes," he said, looking green.

"Tch, weaklings," said Misa walking next to them as Daiki's eyes twitched.

"Didn't you just come back after throwing up?" he asked, his hand still on Konohamaru's shoulder.

"Wha- I did not!" she said with a blush, clearly lying.

"Really? I guess then your mouth just naturally reeks of vomit," he retorted as Misa turned red in embarrassment.

"While this is amusing to watch, how about we calm ourselves, and not fight before the exam even starts?" proposed Asahi, clearly enjoying the chaos.

"I concur," Daiki said, sitting down.

Konohamaru just smiled, remembering the events that occurred a few days ago.

---Flashback---

Asahi, Mira, and Daiki were fanboying over Naruto, as Kurotsuchi sweatdropped.

"A-ah, let's calm down a little, it's not that big of a deal," said Naruto with a sweatdrop as the trio nodded.

"Alright. Ne, Kuro sensei, you never told us you were chummy with THE Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze," said Asahi.

"What's there to tell about being friends with a dumb kid?" she said smirking as Naruto pouted.

"As if you're smart. Didn't you accidentally go into the Men's washroom during the stay after the second exam?" 

"H-hey! IT was a mistake okay!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. IT just is a little off-putting, being called stupid by a person who can't even read the signs," Naruto said nonchalantly with a shrug as the trio of Kurotsuchi's students giggled and Konohamaru, who was standing beside Naruto tried and failed to keep in his laughter.

"Y-YOU!" yelled Kurotsuchi as she went in to punch him, only for him to disappear and reappear on top of a lamp.

"WHOA!"

The trio was in awe of the Hiraishin.

"It's one thing to hear about it or read about it, and a whole different thing to see it!" Daiki said with stars in his eyes.

"... Stupid brats," grumbled Kurotsuchi as Naruto teleported back.

"Anyways, I WANNA EAT RAMEN!" he said as he took a seat, making the owner chuckle.

"Alright kid, which flavor?" the ramen guy asked.

"Tonkotsu Miso Ramen with Narutomaki. No Menma, please. And same for me," came a voice as they turned to see Gaara smirking as he took the seat.

"KAZEKAGE SAMA!" said the four genins, as Kurotsuchi bowed a little.

"Hello, I was just out to take a break when I saw him, and thought why not have some lunch? Don't mind me," Gaara said as Naruto put his hand around his neck.

"GOOD BOY! You remember my favorite," he said with a grin as everyone except Konohamaru and Kurotsuchi turned pale.

"It's kinda hard to forget when you ALWAYS eat the same thing, no matter the place," Gaara deadpanned causing him to sweatdrop.

"Hey, come on, I sometimes choose different toppings or broth," he defended as Gaara deadpanned.

"When was the last time you did that?"

"..."

"Naruto?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Thought so. Anyways, bring it Ji-san," Gaara said politely to the elderly owner who just nodded and bowed.

"... Why is everyone serious around me?"

"Maybe cuz you always look angry?"

---End---

After that, Konohamaru and the trio separated from their teachers and the Kazekage, as Konohamaru was full and the other three had just eaten.

Konohamaru found the trio quite fun, and was glad that they were giving the exam with him, as it would be boring without them.

While he was thinking all this, Kankuro walked in with a bunch of chunin following him.

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE! TAKE YOUR SEATS!" he said authoritatively as everyone quieted down and sat.

"So this is the first phase of your exam, the written test. I'll explain the rules once you all get your papers. TURN THE PAPER OR OPEN THE BOOKLET BEFORE THE TIME BEGINS AND YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FINGERS!" he said, as the examinees gulped nervously.

'U-uh... He's much different than when we met before...'

"Alright, you all have your tests in front of you, and an hour on the clock. If you are caught cheating, you will be disqualified immediately. You can use any jutsu as long as it doesn't damage the exam center or helps you interact with others. Your team's average score will be taken into account, and the top 28 teams will move to the next part of the test. With that out of the way, BEGIN!"

'Huh? That seems pretty easy...' Konohamaru thought, until he opened the book.
In the book, there were 200 questions, and the time given was just an hour.

======================================

Hello everyone, it's been a while, sorry for not uploading. And also, thanks for over 400k reads!!

So finally, my entrance tests are over, and it's time for me to go to college.

Anyways, I'll try to be more consistent, but it's all uncertain for now.

See you all later, please vote, comment, and share. Also, check out my other works.

piano2099 out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

882 47 9
Do you know what's worse than a story that hasn't been finished? What is it? A story that has never been told. On the day of Naruto's birth, the vil...
162K 2.8K 31
He was neglected, shunned, abused, battered and stabbed and ill spoken by all the villagers. Finally he took a chance. A chance that made him stronge...
23.1K 784 16
We all know what happened to Naruto. A poor boy, growing up as a host for the Nine-Tailed Beast, Kurama, never knowing his parents. We know what happ...
22.4K 319 31
Nick Uchiha a kid from tue hidden leaf struggling to fit in since he carries a demon in him just like Naruto. But what happens if that demon was the...