A Song of Sorrow [PAUSED]

By PandaKyoki

She is a young, beautiful siren that lives in the darkest part of the Coral Sea. Her heart longs for real lov... More

🪷01 ~ No Fake Love
🪷02 ~ Insecure
🪷03 ~ Love is Pain
🪷04 ~ A Sudden Confession
🪷06 ~ Love is not Flawless

🪷05 ~ A Plushy and A Stolen Scale

101 4 0
By PandaKyoki

Azul and Calypso have been dating for two weeks, since his strange love confession. From time to time, Calypso works in the Mostro Lounge kitchen and helps out a little bit. The silver-haired merman assured her that there was no need for her to help out. "Please, don't make me an outcast! I can work too," she signed to him, and he gave up. After this response, he stopped trying to change her mind and understood that she wanted to be involved.

Calypso researches trending drinks and dishes. She writes down drinks and dishes that suit the café's aquatic theme. The siren even considers hosting a 'Ladies Night' and a 'Guys Night' once in a while. Customers would only get a discount for the standard beverages and snacks, but have to pay the full price for the 'Seasonal Specials'. Moreover, she thought customers could get one free 'Special' if they bought two special drinks or snacks before.

After finishing her research, she heads to her boyfriend's office and gives him the list of trending beverages and snacks. He gently kisses her forehead while no one else is in his office. Azul isn't much of a fan of PDA, and he rather wants to keep it more private. He hates prying eyes, and the twins mock them in the end. The whitehead wonders if it is because of the bullying he witnessed during their childhood.

She's aware that he's pretty sensitive when it comes to his looks and weight. It's a very touchy topic. Sometimes, she wonders if he is afraid that she might say something negative about his appearance. He is unaware that she loved him before he lost weight. Calypso wants to tell him that she liked him before he changed physically. However, she knows him too well, and he will not acknowledge her sincerity. It could happen that he puts himself down. That's why she avoids telling him.

The siren only knows about this because he's checking the calories of everything he eats or drinks. He freaks out if he doesn't know how much is in it. For everything she prepares for him, she makes a small note of how many calories are per piece or in total. She sighs as she walks back to her room. After entering her room, she walks over to her desk and makes a plushy. It had been a while since she did one. 'I almost forgot how relaxing it feels to make a plushy.' She thinks to herself with a bright smile on her lips.

The plushy she creates looks just like her. Calypso wants to present this one to her beloved Azul and hopes he likes it. The memory of her making an octopus plush comes to her mind. Back then, she saw how Azul got teased by the other merchildren and to cheer him up, she secretly made a stuffed animal for him. The then eight-year-old girl struggled greatly to sew an octopus. It was her first needlework. A white strand of her hair falls onto her pale face, which she gently pulls back.

'I wonder what happened to that plushy... Maybe he tossed it away...' Sadness spread through her as it hurt to think that Azul might have thrown away her first handmade stuffed animal. Which she couldn't blame him for. After all, the purple octopus did not look that pretty, and she feels ashamed now that she thinks about it. 'Maybe I should have practiced more before gifting it to him.' Also, she is now better at sewing and loves to make plushies. But because of school, her job, and her mother, she had no time at all to create one. Now she has more time to craft another plushy for Azul. She's happy about the outcome and wraps a purple bow around the cute little plushy.

All she needs to do now is figure out how to give it to him without feeling awkward about it. Every time she makes him something to drink or eat, she suddenly becomes very nervous, and her cheeks become very pink. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. Sure, it's pleasant when Azul thinks it's cute and giggles sweetly. Sadly, the Tweels will remind her of how weird she behaved around the silver-haired man, which will haunt her for a lifetime.

'If they ever get a girlfriend, I will kindly repay them.' An evil smirk appears on her pink lips. But until now, there was not a single woman or man that caught the twins' interest or made them behave differently. Probably there was no one in this world who could attract those twin brothers. There are plenty of men and women who have a crush on them, but the twins rejected each of their advances.

"Nah... not interested," was Floyd's response to a girl. He looked annoyed and bored. The girl was heartbroken by his rejection. "I'm sorry, but I currently have no interest in a relationship," Jade politely rejected a guy who crushed on him since middle school. Calypso could tell that Jade enjoyed seeing people getting hurt by his rejection or harsh words.

Azul has to remind them not to get too mean because some could become potential customers. The young man doesn't like the thought of losing clients, just because the twins rejected the people crushing on them harshly.

Calypso walks to Azul's bedroom and places the plushy on his desk with a small note. Then she quickly leaves before getting caught. 'Why do I behave like a criminal? I just put a self-made plushy in my boyfriend's room.' It's possible because she sneaked things into his hiding spot before, and it became a habit of hers. What do people say? Old habits die hard.

Just now she remembered something else.'Why didn't I just turn my most beautiful scale into a necklace for the doll?' Then she slaps her face after this idea comes up. Never mind, she can still do this later. She could also make it into a necklace for Azul to wear. Her face turns red.

Calypso walks over to her desk after returning to her room to take the purple velvet box out of the drawer. She opens the drawer and to her dismay, the box is missing. Panic spreads throughout her body, and she searches her whole bedroom. She hadn't opened the drawer for almost two weeks. Did someone steal it? But why?

Her bedroom door and lock got fixed two days after she broke it. Calypso then asked around the dormitory if they have seen someone enter her room, while the door was still broken. Most of them told her they hadn't seen anyone enter her room. After an unsuccessful search, she settled down on a bench. It was a mystery to her. No one saw anyone go into her room and take something out.

A group of Pomefiore girls crosses her path. Under them is a girl with shoulder-length brown hair. That girl is in the same class as Calypso and Azul. The girl wonders why Calypso looks so down and walks over to her and asks if everything is alright. "My most beautiful scale is missing. I asked my dorm mates if they had seen someone enter my room, while the door was still broken," Calypso explains, using her phone to talk to the girl.

"Oh, when was your door broken?" the brunette asks. "Two weeks ago, why?" "It's because two weeks ago, I walked to your room because of the school project," the girl explains. "I heard someone inside the room. But an Octavinelle student told me that you are not in your room and that you stay in Azul's room for a while." Calypso's eyes widen while listening to the girl's story. "When I was almost gone, a blonde-haired girl came out of the room. I think she held a small purple velvet box. She had a very majestic aura." A shiver runs down Calypso's spine. "Thanks for your help," the siren thanked her classmate.

"I hope you will find your scale soon because I heard a siren's most beautiful scale can bring in a fortune on the black market." The girl says worried before she hurries back to her dorm mates. The only blonde-haired girl with such an aura she knows is the princess. But would she really take her scale to sell it? Isabella has more money than Calypso can dream of.

The white-haired girl grabs her skirt hem in frustration. She is not sure what to do next. Someone could also disguise themselves as Princess Isabella, but what about the aura they felt? Could this be copied too? More questions than answers. The sound of a security camera caught her attention. 'Azul once told me that Idia sometimes hacks the campus cameras. Maybe he can help me if I give him something in return.' Calypso wonders what Idia likes, and she remembers how she caught him staring at a cat. 'Does he like cats?' She could make him a cat plushy, but would that be enough?

It might be better to ask someone who knows Idia Senpai very well and what he likes. 'Doesn't Idia Senpai have a little brother? Maybe I can ask him for advice.' The silver-haired woman gets up from the bench and searches for Ortho. Ortho is usually near his brother, but not always. She asks some of the students on campus if they may have seen Ortho somewhere.

"You're looking for Ortho?" One of the Savanaclaw students asks her. "The last time we saw him, he was near the sports field," the other tells her, and she thanks them both for their help. Then she walks over to the sports field where Ortho flies around. She tries to get Ortho's attention, but he's too high up in the sky. No one else can help her, and the TTS is not loud enough to get his attention. Yes, she used it at maximum volume, but he didn't hear it.

Only one option was left, she had to shout at him. Calypso looks around again to make sure no one is nearby. She breathes deeply. "ORTHO!", she shouts, and the younger Shroud stopped flying around as he heard someone call his name. Then he sees Calypso down there on the sports field. He flies down to her. "Were you calling for me?" he asks her, his yellow eyes looking at her. She nods her head quickly. "Alright! Is there something I can do for you?" Ortho asks her directly, and she nods her head again. She uses her phone to explain her whole situation, and he listens carefully.

"So you need help from O-nii-chan, but you also want to give him something he likes in return?" He asks her. "Yes," she replies, and he thinks for a moment. "The only things my brother likes are video games, anime, sweets, and cats." Ortho sighs because he wants it when his brother comes out of his room more often. Then she asks what kind of games and anime he enjoys and if he collects plushies and figures. The machine boy gladly talks about what kinds of games and anime his brother likes.

"Thanks for your help, Ortho," she cheerfully told him. "No problem. If you need more help, let me know," Ortho replied before flying away. Now the young Shroud wonders if it was just his imagination or if Calypso really shouted after him. It is known to him that she never said a word on campus. That's also the reason why nobody really talks to her.

What Ortho and Calypso don't know, is that someone did not only watch but also did hear her voice. The person was biting their lower lip until it bled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693 86 17
After spending most of her life in the bustling city of Colmoore, 17-year-old Niylah is forced to spend the summer with her estranged father in her c...
43.8K 1.1K 52
Sirena may look like a normal girl, but she is far from it. Not only is she a mermaid, but she is also a lot older than she looks. She has lived on N...
23.6K 1K 11
Mother Gothel male reader x Various TWST To those who seek. To those who stay. They are the ones to set the stage. Sol Edelweiss is the housewarden...
9.8K 245 13
A young Shinigami finds herself lost in a twisted wonderland- and while she does wonder, she will not let herself be swept by those twisted by unknow...