🪷02 ~ Insecure

TW: R*ape slightly mentioned, imprisonment, erotic, insecurities

The next day, Cally walked to the library to borrow some books for her next assignment and study for the next upcoming exam. School life is not easy, especially when it's an elite school for talented future magicians. Azul paid her a visit this morning and gave her some herbal crème for her legs. She didn't think he would care about her wound and hurting legs. After all, he also didn't care when he and Jade wrung the sea skin mucus from Floyd's body. The poor Leech twin couldn't walk for a few days.

She still remembers how Jade mentioned he wrung his brother's eel tail out like a wet rag. Calypso could tell how sadistic Jade is and kept her distance from him. Floyd on the other hand loves to use violence, which is also not a good thing. You could say those two complement each other very well. One brother uses his manipulation skills and says awful things without batting an eye, while the other brother uses his muscles and pure violence.

'I don't know if they will ever find girlfriends that love them the way they are.' She wonders if such women exist in this world. Then she recalls that a siren named Melusine Siren has been in love with Jade for as long as she can remember. She somehow wonders how some of her kind can love people like them, but then reminds herself that Azul is also not an angel. He also did things that were not very moral, even though it was better than what the twins did.

"Did you already hear that the Heartslabyul house warden overblotted not so long ago," she hears one of the students whisper. "Oh really?" Another voice says, and they talk about the incident, but Calypso doesn't pay that much attention to it. After all, this is not her cup of tea. The school librarian then clears her throat and looks at the students in a serious manner. "Keep quiet!" She scolds them and they suddenly went silent. Cally does take a seat and starts to read one of the books, which she has picked from the bookshelves. She starts with her research about sirens and nymphs. She wonders if she can find the answer she is seeking in one of those books.

Most of the books just include basic knowledge about sirens and nymphs. She looks disappointed because she wanted to find something that even she doesn't know about. Then she gets her hands on a book with the title 'Nymphomania'. She starts to read the book and her face suddenly turns all red, and she gasps in disbelief, then she throws the book away. She wasn't aware that Nymphomania means something like a women's unbridled sexual desire.

Her heart is beating faster, and she feels so embarrassed after she was reading a sex scene. A young man picks up the book she has just thrown away. The young siren wasn't aware that she accidentally hit someone with it.

"Oh my, who had thought that an erotic novel would make you panic so much," a familiar voice speaks to her and she looks up. Her face is still red. It's the first time Azul sees a siren panic so much over a mere erotic book. Sirens are taught at a young age about reproducing and how to seduce the opposite or same sex.

"I'm not very into those kinds of things. I rather prefer dramatic romance novels," she signs to him and he does take the seat in front of her. "I also never heard of the term nymphomania before," she feels like she has to explain herself to him. Her cheeks are still burning from shame. "I thought sirens get in touch with sexual activities very soon," he then admits while averting his gaze from her. "My mother sure wanted me to do such things at a young age, but I never wanted to. I still hate it...," she signs to him at the moment when he looks at her.

"I'm sure you know, that I'm only half a siren, right?" She looks at him calmly, and his eyes are fixed on her pale, delicate hands. "I know." Yes, he knows about it because everyone in the Coral Sea was gossiping about Calypso's mother. Her mother was famous to have more than just one husband, but no one knows how Calypso's father was able to leave that woman and his child.