🪷04 ~ A Sudden Confession

TW: Selfharm and Manipulation

Calypso has been looking through her clothes to find a suitable outfit to wear. She feels excited and wants to look as good as possible for him. She knows it's not a date, but she wants to use this opportunity to impress her loved one. Maybe she can learn something new about him, what she didn't know until now. She picks a purple off-shoulder tulle dress with floral embellishments. The skirt of the dress has a shorter length in the front than in the back.

After wearing the dress, she styles her long white hair into a simple up do. She decorates it with purple and blue roses. Then she uses some decent make-up and perfume. She hears a knock on her door and uses the text-to-speech function on her phone. "I'm coming!" She wears flat purple shoes and walks over to the door and opens it. Azul is standing in front of it, his hair combed back while wearing a white and purple suit.

"Seems like the text-to-speech app is very useful. Never thought Idia's stuff worked so well," Azul says and Calypso smiles. She's tipping in her phone. "A convenient alternative to talking with you, even while I can't talk." Idia is a known introvert and dislikes talking in front of a large group of people. Azul somehow found out that Idia had created a very effective text-to-speech app for people who don't like to talk or can't do so. "It's not bad to be in a club with him, even though he can get pretty annoying," Azul admits and sighs.

"Shall we?" He extends his hand and she places her hand into his. She nods her head and the two leave together, the dormitory and school grounds. Calypso wonders if she was ever this close to Azul. She has attached herself to his arm and walks beside him. She watches him up close. It was always her dream to be this close to him and enjoy each other's company.

She wished this moment never ends. Azul feels her gaze open to him and looks down at her. "Is something wrong, Calypso?" He asks and fixes his glasses. She shakes her head and smiles gently. How much she wishes to talk to him normally without the fear of possibly manipulating him? "You look very handsome," she says with TTS, and Azul looks away while blushing and coughing a bit. "Do you think so?" He asks. His ears glow red even though it's dark, she can still the redness. "Yes, you're the most beautiful man I have ever met or seen," the TTS utters, which makes him even more nervous than before.

Then they finally arrived at the local restaurant and to Calypso's great dismay, they were not alone. Princess Isabella has already reserved a spot for them to dine. 'How unlucky am I?' Calypso wonders if the Sevens hate her so much and love to see her suffer. She puts on a fake smile that not even Jade can out beat. Azul greets Isabella and thanked her for this sudden business dinner.

"Isabella, this is Calypso. She is the one who was able to grow the diamond bonsai tree," Azul introduces him and Calypso curtsies in front of the princess. "It's a pleasure to meet you," Isabella says with full excitement. For Calypso, it's hard to hide her disappointment, but she will keep smiling until this dinner is over. It surprises her that Azul is sitting next to her rather than next to the princess. "I hope you don't mind," he says with a coy smile, and Isabella watches them carefully.

"It's alright," Calypso assures him. She feels uncomfortable while the princess stares at her. 'Do I have something on my face, or why is she staring at me?' Calypso's hands are slightly shaking and Azul can sense her nervousness. Then he looks over at Isabella and is irritated by her behavior.

"Isa... don't keep staring at her, that's very rude of you," he tells her with an annoyed undertone, and he looks very displeased. Isabella stops watching as she chuckles. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself and wondered if I knew her from somewhere," Isabella says. Calypso is happy she stopped looking at her so intensely.

"Calypso was in the same class as us in middle school," Azul explains as he glances at the menu card. Calypso looks surprised at him. "No wonder she seems so familiar to me," Isabella responds and giggles. "Did you also work in Azul's parents' restaurant?" The blonde girl asks the young siren. For some reason, Calypso checks her own memory and if she had ever seen the princess in the restaurant. "Yes, I worked there until I applied to Night Raven College last year. How did you know?" Calypso uses the TTS app and Isabella chuckles.