🪷05 ~ A Plushy and A Stolen Scale

Azul and Calypso have been dating for two weeks, since his strange love confession. From time to time, Calypso works in the Mostro Lounge kitchen and helps out a little bit. The silver-haired merman assured her that there was no need for her to help out. "Please, don't make me an outcast! I can work too," she signed to him, and he gave up. After this response, he stopped trying to change her mind and understood that she wanted to be involved.

Calypso researches trending drinks and dishes. She writes down drinks and dishes that suit the café's aquatic theme. The siren even considers hosting a 'Ladies Night' and a 'Guys Night' once in a while. Customers would only get a discount for the standard beverages and snacks, but have to pay the full price for the 'Seasonal Specials'. Moreover, she thought customers could get one free 'Special' if they bought two special drinks or snacks before.

After finishing her research, she heads to her boyfriend's office and gives him the list of trending beverages and snacks. He gently kisses her forehead while no one else is in his office. Azul isn't much of a fan of PDA, and he rather wants to keep it more private. He hates prying eyes, and the twins mock them in the end. The whitehead wonders if it is because of the bullying he witnessed during their childhood.

She's aware that he's pretty sensitive when it comes to his looks and weight. It's a very touchy topic. Sometimes, she wonders if he is afraid that she might say something negative about his appearance. He is unaware that she loved him before he lost weight. Calypso wants to tell him that she liked him before he changed physically. However, she knows him too well, and he will not acknowledge her sincerity. It could happen that he puts himself down. That's why she avoids telling him.

The siren only knows about this because he's checking the calories of everything he eats or drinks. He freaks out if he doesn't know how much is in it. For everything she prepares for him, she makes a small note of how many calories are per piece or in total. She sighs as she walks back to her room. After entering her room, she walks over to her desk and makes a plushy. It had been a while since she did one. 'I almost forgot how relaxing it feels to make a plushy.' She thinks to herself with a bright smile on her lips.

The plushy she creates looks just like her. Calypso wants to present this one to her beloved Azul and hopes he likes it. The memory of her making an octopus plush comes to her mind. Back then, she saw how Azul got teased by the other merchildren and to cheer him up, she secretly made a stuffed animal for him. The then eight-year-old girl struggled greatly to sew an octopus. It was her first needlework. A white strand of her hair falls onto her pale face, which she gently pulls back.

'I wonder what happened to that plushy... Maybe he tossed it away...' Sadness spread through her as it hurt to think that Azul might have thrown away her first handmade stuffed animal. Which she couldn't blame him for. After all, the purple octopus did not look that pretty, and she feels ashamed now that she thinks about it. 'Maybe I should have practiced more before gifting it to him.' Also, she is now better at sewing and loves to make plushies. But because of school, her job, and her mother, she had no time at all to create one. Now she has more time to craft another plushy for Azul. She's happy about the outcome and wraps a purple bow around the cute little plushy.

All she needs to do now is figure out how to give it to him without feeling awkward about it. Every time she makes him something to drink or eat, she suddenly becomes very nervous, and her cheeks become very pink. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. Sure, it's pleasant when Azul thinks it's cute and giggles sweetly. Sadly, the Tweels will remind her of how weird she behaved around the silver-haired man, which will haunt her for a lifetime.

'If they ever get a girlfriend, I will kindly repay them.' An evil smirk appears on her pink lips. But until now, there was not a single woman or man that caught the twins' interest or made them behave differently. Probably there was no one in this world who could attract those twin brothers. There are plenty of men and women who have a crush on them, but the twins rejected each of their advances.