fourth of july - eggsy unwin...

By lillieissilly

➥ ⸝⸝ did you get enough love, my little dove, ⌗ ★ after losing her brother who died trying to save h... More

- prologue.
- I.
- III.
- IV.
- V.
- VI.
- VII.
- VIII.
- IX.
- X.
- XI.
- XII.
- XIII.
- XIV.
- XV.
- XVI.
- XVII.
- XVIII.

- II.

67 2 0
By lillieissilly

Lynn was no expert when it came to recognizing her surroundings, but she could definitely tell that both her and Eggsy were in a police station together.

"Keep your mouth shut, let me handle this," Eggsy says.

Lynn crosses her arms. "I assume you're a fucking genius with the cops yeah? Are you that smart?"

Eggsy glares at her. "I know how to handle these twats, thank you."

"Sure," Lynn says.

"Look, if you didn't want to be involved you should've gotten out of the fucking car," Eggsy snaps.

Lynn leans back in her chair. "Whatever," She mumbles under her breath.

A detective walks into the room. "Eggsy, we're moving you to a different room. If we keep the two of you together, we'll know you're piggybacking off the other's story."

Eggsy stands up and is led out by the detective before the man shuts the door and returns. "Lynn."

"Detective, how lovely to see you?" Lynn says sarcastically. "How're you? How's the wife?"

"That's not what we're here for."

Lynn yawns. "Right. My sincerest apologies, dear detective."

The detective sets his arms on the table. "Tell me the names of the boys you and the other suspect were with."

Lynn sucks air through her teeth. "I'd rather not," She says. "Unfortunately."

"Lynn, look, we both know you like getting in trouble. If you fess up, your parents won't be notified and—"

"You think I give two shits about what those dunces think? I'm an adult woman, I don't care what they say," Lynn says. "And I can take care of myself, thank you very much."

The detective sighs. "Since you're so proper," He says sarcastically, "guess we'll phone your folks and—"

"Let her go."

Lynn hadn't even realized the door opened. She looks up, confused, seeing the other detective and Eggsy standing at the door. Eggsy wore an equally confused face. "What?" The detective at the table says.

"A...gentleman has "connections", he says to let them go," The second man sighs.

The first detective looks flabbergasted, but allows Lynn to leave. Both her and Eggsy walk out of the police station with no consequence. "The fuck was that about?!" Lynn says.

"I—I dunno, I called this number on this necklace because my mum said if I was ever in trouble to do so, and—"

"Eggsy, would you like a lift home?"

Eggsy whips around, while Lynn practically jumps before turning around. "Who're you?"

"The man who got you released," The gentleman says. He was older, maybe in his 50s, wearing a full suit and glasses. Lynn squints her eyes at the man, getting a good look at him.

"That ain't an answer," Eggsy says.

The gentleman isn't impressed. "A little gratitude would be nice." Lynn tries her best to connect the familiar figure to his voice, and soon figures it out. "My name is—"

"Harry?"

The man seems to turn slightly. "My apologies, I didn't see you there, Miss Walters," He says. "Glad to see you're alive."

"You know this bloke?" Eggsy asks.

Lynn nods, slowly. "Yeah he...worked for the...tailor shop. Kingsman, right?" She says, seeming to hesitate when saying "tailor shop".

"That would be correct," Harry says, while Lynn struggles, but successfully, pulls out a medal from her pocket that she'd kept which was given to her by her now dead brother who was also a Kingsman "tailor".

Eggsy looks at it, confused, showing a similar one. "What the fuck?"

Harry clears his throat. "My name is Harry Hart," He announces to Eggsy, narrowing his eyes at the boy, "and I gave you that medal. Your father saved my life. Shall we go somewhere more...private...to discuss? Perhaps to the pub down the street?"

The two shrug before walking with the man. "Coincidental that you two would be together at the same moment, in the same mess, at the same time. Seems like you two have fallen down the same path?" Harry says.

Eggsy looks at the man confusedly, and says, "Does it matter?"

"Not to you, maybe," Harry says, "but I am disappointed in you, Ms. Walters. Your brother was a fine Kingsman, you know that, and you were a fine young lady. Very academically gifted, yet you threw that away after your brother's untimely death?"

Her brother's death was an iffy subject she didn't like bringing up, yet even after she'd pleaded people to stop talking about it, they never would. It was like gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. "Why does it matter?" Lynn says. "Weren't you here for Eggsy anyways?"

Harry clears his throat. "Well, you were very gifted, and you threw it away. To anyone, that would be an odd sign, don't you think?" He says as he opens the door.

The three take a seat at a table. "So," Eggsy begins as he gets comfortable, "before you was a tailor, was you in the army? Like an officer?"

"Not quite," Harry says as he takes a sip of his pint.

"So, where was you posted, Iraq or something?" Eggsy asks with a smirk.

Harry sighs. "Sorry, Eggsy, classified."

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?" Eggsy says, in an almost bragging way.

Lynn crosses her arms. "Get your head out your ass, he saved the man, not you."

Eggsy glares at her. "But it was my dad. Pretty fucking impressive, innit?"

"Would've been more impressive if he was still alive," Lynn mumbles.

"The day your father died," Harry begins, breaking up the argument, "I missed something. And if it weren't for his courage, my mistake would've cost the lives of every man present, so I owe him," He stops to take a sip of his pint once more. "Your father was a brave man, a good man."

"And having read your files..." Harry trails off as he sees the wide grin on Eggsy's face, "I think he'd be bitterly disappointed in the decisions that you've made since."

Lynn snickers. It was finally Eggsy's turn to get the lecture, and watching his grin from his face disappear into anger was pretty funny. "You can't talk to me like that!" He says.

Lynn takes Eggsy's drink and sips from it. "What, old man Harry hurt your feelings?"

"Fuck off, you couldn't even fight off a man if your life depended on it," Eggsy says.

Harry clears his throat while Eggsy pouts silently and Lynn tries to hide her grin. "Huge I.Q, great performance at primary school...and it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime, never had a job...—"

"You think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?" Eggsy says angrily.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies," Harry says simply. "First prize, under 10's gymnastics two years in a row. Your coach had you pegged as Olympic team material."

Eggsy looks at him angrily. "Yeah, well, when you grow up around someone like my step-dad you pick up new hobbies pretty quick."

At this point, Lynn couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. She completely understood why he'd made those choices, yet Harry was still being absolutely ruthless to the poor boy. "Of course, always someone else's fault," Harry mumbles as he takes a sip from his pint. "Who's to blame for you quitting the Marines? You were halfway through training, doing brilliantly, but you gave up."

"Because my mum went mental! Banging on about losing me as well as my dad!" Eggsy snaps. Lynn was quick to realize that the boy had a bit of a short temper. "Didn't want me being cannon fodder for snobs like you! Judging people like me from your ivory towers, with no thought about why we do what we do. We ain't got much choice, you get me?"

Lynn clears her throat. "I hate interrupting but Eggsy has a point. My parents stopped me from doing anything because they lost their fucking son."

"And I bet if we," Eggsy signals to the both of them instead of just him, "was born with the same silver spoon up our arses, we'd do just as well, if not better, than you."

Harry presses his lips into a thin line, opening his mouth like he was going to say something before being interrupted. "What the fuck you doing here?! Are you taking the fucking piss?!"

"That muppet and his freaks from earlier? Seriously?" Lynn asks, unamused.

Harry looks over at the men, then back at the two sitting in front of him. "Some more examples of young men who simply need a silver suppository?" He asks.

"Na, they're exceptions. C'mon," Eggsy says as he begins to stand.

"Nonsense," Harry says. "We haven't finished our drinks yet."

Lynn glares at the men as they walk up to the table. "After you two nicked his car," One of the people Lynn referred to as "freaks" says, "Dean says you're fair game, Eggsy, and he doesn't give a shit what your mum says. And you," He says as he looks at Lynn, "are also fair game."

Lynn almost speaks out before Harry speaks first. "Look, boys, I've had a rather emotional day, so whatever your beef with Eggsy and Lynn is, and I'm sure it's well-founded, I'd appreciate it enormously if you could just leave us in peace until I finish this lovely pint of Guinness," Harry says, unexpectedly with a nice smile as he holds up his pint for the boys to see.

"You should go, Granddad, before you get hurt and all," One of the men say.

Eggsy glares at the man before looking back at Harry with a sincere look. "He ain't joking, you should go."

Harry sighs and smacks his lips quietly before standing up, abandoning his pint. "Excuse me," He says as he moves past the men.

"If you're looking for another rent boy, they're on the corner of Smith street," One of the men say, snickering.

Harry stops in his tracks and Lynn can instantly see the cogs turning in his head. She wasn't too familiar with him, but she'd been around him enough previously with her brother to recognize when he was planning something.

She watches as Harry walks towards the door before he reaches up for the lock. "Manners," He says, locking the first lock, "maketh," the second lock clicks loudly, "men," the final lock clicks louder than the rest. "Do you know what that means?"

The men remain silent. "Then let me teach you," Harry says, before hooking his umbrella handle to a glass and slinging it behind him, causing the glass to hit the man in the middle which then knocked him back.

A smile grows on Lynn's face as she watches Eggsy's eyes go wide. "Are we going to stand around here all day," Harry says as he walks towards the men, "or are we going to fight?"

Harry and the men begin fighting, but Lynn wasn't too interested in watching them fight. She leans over and takes Harry's pint, stealing a sip before putting the glass back where it was before. "You're not freaked out about this?" Eggsy asks.

"Nah," Lynn says as she looks over at Harry, who was currently winning the fight by a long shot. "Harry knows what he's doing."

"You seem...I dunno, unbothered by this shit," Eggsy says, suspicious.

Lynn shrugs. "I'm just used to violence." It was half true, but obviously she wasn't going to tell this boy everything she'd known. Obviously she wasn't dumb, she knew what Kingsman was, how her brother was a spy, how he did everything to protect her, her family, the entire world.

The only reason she knew this in the first place wasn't because he'd tell her stories when she was younger to help her fall asleep, or when he'd take her to meet some of the agents when their parents were fighting.

It was because he died trying to save her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 116 17
Bronwyn was a naive, sheltered, inexperienced, high school scholar when she met bad boy, street racing, high school dropout, car thief Logan. He turn...
46.8K 1.3K 19
"Let's face it, Galahad, your little experiment failed." "Guinevere." Galahad continued, ignoring Arthur's remark. "She has a younger sister, and...
13.5K 323 25
Your sister Ridley has passed away, leaving behind her ten-year-old daughter, Sadie. The Dagger Squad goes out of its way to ensure you and Sadie hav...
2.3K 59 18
Hi, I'm Y/N Hart. I'm guessing you know who I am by my name, so I don't need to explain my father. My mother died when I was young, she was a part...