He Wanted A Submissive

By thewannabegrunge

Luca Giovanni. The heir to New York's biggest enterprise has a task to complete before his father will pass d... More

uno.
dos.
tres.
cuatro.
cinco.
seis.
siete.
ocho.
nueve.
diez.
once.
doce.
trece.
catorce.
quince.
dieciseis.
diecisiete.
dieciocho.
diecinueve.
veinte.
veintiuno.
veintidós.
veintitrés.
veinticuatro.
veinticinco.
veintiséis.
vientisiete.
veintiocho.
veintinueve.
treinta.
treinta y uno.
treinta y dos.
treinta y tres.
epilogue
bonus chapter 01
bonus chapter 02

bonus chapter 03

4.7K 202 38
By thewannabegrunge

"Ma, I can't breathe. I have two big headed babies growing inside of me, so if that lady comes in here and tells me to suck in another time... I'm gon' do some to her!"

Valerie ranted with fiery annoyance to her mother as she stood in front of the mirror. She glared at her own reflection as she took herself in.

It was her wedding day.

And her wedding gown wouldn't zip.

It was the price she was paying for being a whore of a bride that was well past knocked up.

But, shit, she was knocked up by a rich boy who was absolutely obsessed with her.

A win is a win.

However, at this moment it didn't quite feel like a win. No, not when the bodice of her perfect ivory gown was loosely pooling on top of her six month pregnant belly. If she was carrying just one Giovanni child and was this size, that would've meant she was just mere moments away from delivery.

But no, Valerie was only growing bigger each day.

"It's okay, sweetheart. The seamstress is on her way..." Jean, Valerie's mother, tried to soothe her fuming daughter. But with the way her face looked in the reflection of the mirror, Valerie knew her dress might as well have busted open down to her ass crack.

Valerie shook her head with her hands on her hips. It took everything in her for her to not sink to her knees to the ground.

She felt the sting of tears springing up near her eyes.

"Ma, I knew this was a bad idea..." She began to rant again, this time a sorrowful tremble in her voice.

"We have fuckin' every news outlet in New York state here and I'm a fuckin' beached beluga whale! Luca told me that we should do something small, but I told him stop tryna hide me away! I wanted to be Beyoncé, but I'm fuckin' huge!!!" Valerie exploded next. The pregnancy hormones making her dramatics to the power of 100.

"Valerie, hush!" Jean cut in, wrapping a pink shawl around her daughter's shoulders as they waited for the seamstress to arrive. She pressed Valerie's head carefully towards her chest, and Valerie melted into her mother's embrace. A frustrated huff leaving her lips.

"Beyoncé went through the same thing with her pregnancy. She was very vocal about her weight gain." Her mom went on to say. Valerie had closed her eyes, taking deep breaths as she listened to her mother.

"I don't want to be pregnant Yoncé. I need to be looking like 'I'm so hungry' Beyoncé." Valerie continued to mope, quoting a line from Beyonce's Coachella documentary.

"What?" Her mother asked, the reference totally flying over her head.

Valerie laughed, opening her eyes and breaking their embrace. She went back to looking in the mirror, making sure she didn't mess up her hair from the hug.

"Don't worry about it, ma. It's not important—"

The doors of the hotel suite they were in opened which cut Valerie off mid sentence. Followed by her gaudily dressed wedding planner, there was a small East Asian woman dressed in all black. She carried an equally small lavender box. Her wedding planner, Wanda, gestured to Valerie with both hands.

"Miss Stevens, this is Renee, she is the seamstress that will be taking care of you. She was sent with high regard from Annalise." Wanda introduced the woman. Valerie smiled at Renee and held her hand out to her, when Renee took it, she gave her a meaningful squeeze.

"Thank you so much for coming on such short notice. I only trust Annalise to send me the best." Valerie greeted the woman warmly. Renee's eyes lit up. "Thank you, Miss Stevens. Please, let me see the problem."

That is when Valerie turned towards Renee and the whole room did a light gasp again. Valerie winced.

"I know..." Valerie commented, about to go into another sad and angry rant. But then she saw Renee set her purple box down and open it up on the floor. Valerie's mother brought over a chair so she could set it higher.

Renee thanked her before producing a box cutter.

"What the hell do you think you're gonna do with that?"

Valerie had to ask as she looked at the woman's reflection in the mirror. Her eyes wide like she thought the box cutter was to stab her.

She'd almost rather Renee did instead of going to her dress with it.

Giving her a reassuring smile, Renee stood up from her place on the ground with the box cutter, fabric tape, and a roll of white lace. "Please, just trust me, ma'am. Your dress will be even more beautiful than before."

"Just remember that that's a twenty thousand dollar gown, dear. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job." Jean cut in as well just as sweet as she always was. She cleaned up Renee's box from the ground and took the seat she'd pulled closer.

Renee simply nodded her head and approached the step Valerie was propped up on in the mirror. Valerie innately held her breath as Renee folded the dress's zipper lining into itself and taped it with fabric tape. This allowed the fabric to lay flat and open, just like the zipper was never there at all.

The slight breeze in the room caused goosebumps to arise all over Valerie's skin. She nervously tapped her fingers on the sides of her thighs as she waited for the dress to be pulled up and finally snuggly fitted against her.

And that's just what happened next.

"Wanda, please come help me pull the dress over—" Renee was cut off by the look Valerie speared Wanda. It definitely gave don't you touch me. Valerie was a funny acting pregnant woman to say the least.

Jean sprung into action, "Hey dear, why don't I just help out instead? You say we're pulling it up and over right?"

Renee was just grateful for the help. The two woman did just that. Then, Renee clipped the dress in place when it was perfectly taught on Valerie's body.

"How does that feel, Valerie?" Renee asked from behind her, straightening out the back of the gown.

"It would feel amazing if it was made out of sweat pants material... but it feels fine." She grouched, looking at herself in the mirror with a tilted head.

Valerie looked stunning. If the pregnancy hormones weren't causing her to act like a brat, she would've said so. Her gown was a high mermaid fit gown. It was off the shoulder gown with intricate lace short sleeves. The bodice was quite elaborately made with glittering threads and small crystals sewn throughout.

At about right above the knee was where gently opaque tulle began to ribbon out from the dress creating the most beautiful effect. It seemed as if she was blooming from the ground into a beautiful brown bride.

She wore her hair down with soft curls falling down her back. There was a dramatic side part that gave her a bang moment that was to die for. Valerie Stevens looked absolutely stunning on her big day. Pregnancy only adding to her natural glow.

Those same curls were now thrown over her shoulder as Renee began to cut small slits on one side of the openings. Valerie had to keep from flinching every time Renee made another cut. The whole room was silent as they watched Renee work.

2 out of the 4 women were afraid Valerie would murder them if the dress didn't come out right. Jean wasn't even sure she was safe and she was the Mother of the Bride.

When she was done with that, that's when she took the roll of white lace and began to weave the fabric through the holes in the back of the dress like she was lacing a corset!

Jean was in absolute awe of the work being done, she gasped loudly.

"What?! She done split my back open ain't she?" Valerie exclaimed, beginning to twist to look like she could see herself.

Jean immediately held Valerie still so Renee could continue her work. She kept her daughter's eyes focused on her as the seamstress tightened and pulled the lace through the few strategic cuts she'd made in the dress.

"It's a true work of art, baby. Just what you deserve." Jean assured Valerie and she immediately relaxed. This was when Renee finally cut the string of lace ribbon and then tied it off in an elaborate bow at the back of the dress.

From the front, the dress no long sat as a pool of fabric over Valerie's belly, but the bodice was smooth, her waist was as snatched as it could be, and her growing girls were sitting. She felt beautiful. And she turned around, Valerie had to let out a gasp herself as well.

"Renee..." Valerie breathed, so relieved to have such a beautiful fix. The lace up back looked like that was the original design after all. Tears rushed to her eyes for the umpteenth time that day as she spun around and grabbed the small lady for a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You saved this wedding you know that?! Ugh, you're the best!" Valerie praised her heavily. All the Renee did in return was hug the excited bride back and give her another sure nod.

"It was no problem, ma'am. Thank you for trusting me. You make a beautiful bride."

These were the words Renee left her with before packing up her things and proceeding to leave the room. Valerie turned back towards the mirror, now pushing her hair back as it was intended to be. She took in her appearance, now being able to see her look altogether.

It was surreal.

It felt like it was just yesterday she was running around being the mafia's personal bellhop for shits and giggles.

Now, she was marrying a man whose name made shadowy figures like The Armata scatter.

She couldn't have been more grateful for him.

Putting her hands on her stomach, she rubbed her growing belly. She was happy that they got to marry on their own terms.

No contract in sight, but the marriage license itself.

Just the way Valerie liked it.

"Are you ready, darling?" Jean asked her daughter, placing her hands on her shoulders as they both faced the mirror. Jean was beaming with pride behind Valerie.

Valerie touched her mother's hands. "Ready as I'm ever gonna get." Was Valerie's reply.

"Great. I'll let the press know its time to get to their seats." Wanda chimed in dryly, which made Valerie roll her eyes. The wedding planner was a gift from Luca's mother. She was supposedly the best in the business, but all she had done for them was get down Valerie's throat how important this wedding was and how it couldn't have a hitch.

"The Giovannis have endless connections! This wedding puts their strength on full show!"

"Are you sure you want to have such a tight dress? Pregnant brides are taboo... the tabloids aren't forgiving."

"What do you mean you want line dances at the wedding? This isn't a BBQ. It's the wedding of the century!"

At every turn Valerie had to fight for her own wedding.

But at the end of the day, the Wobble would follow directly after she and her cousins lost their mind singing Who Dem.

That's what she wanted and we all know Valerie does whatever she wants at any cost.

"I am so proud of you, my babygirl." Valerie's mother told her wistfully as she grabbed Valerie's veil piece. It was a hand made lace piece that was embroidered with the most delicate flower patterns. It would simply go over her face until she walked down the aisle and throughout the ceremony until Luca pulled it back for their first kiss as husband and wife.

Then she would officially be a Giovanni. Something if you asked her two years ago, she would've definitely laughed at...

...and been slightly offended you'd thought I'd end up with a white man. But oh, how those tables turn.

As Jean laid the veil over Valerie, Valerie felt like her heart was going to beat out of her chest. It truly was time. Hugging her mother one last time, the two took each other's hand and began to walk towards the door.

"I'm going to go clear the hallway and see where we are for starting. Your dad will come get you when its time." Her mom's voice was heavy with unshed happy tears. She clasped her daughter's hand one more time in hers before leaving her at the door.

Valerie was close to tears as well, but her makeup was the perfect beat and she'd be damned if it didn't last the whole day. She looked down at her swollen belly and rubbed it lovingly.

"Mommy's getting married, guys." She whispered to her babies.

***

Hearing the Wedding March song before played and know she was the one everyone was waiting to see definitely activated her fight-or-flight.

If only I wouldn't have to body check my own father... it would be a top 3 option.

Valerie thought in her head as she and her father had their arms linked, waiting for the big brown doors before her to open.

"Is your heart beating as fast as mine?" Her dad asked her, humor in his tone. Mr.Stevens was dressed in a deep sage green suit. The wedding colors of the event were champagne, green, and gold. Mr.Stevens, being the proud Jamaican man he was, could not simply blend in when all the groomsmen of the day were wearing Russian green, he had to go a shade lighter.

All Valerie could do was look at him and nod her head. Suddenly feeling more overwhelmed than she before, she had went mute with excitement. The two turned their eyes towards the door again, and it a few minutes, they slowly parted open.

The organ was loud and churchy as Valerie and her father began to ascend down the aisle. The bouquet of calla lilies she held in her clutch was the only object grounding Valerie to earth. She knew the room was packed, but she had complete tunnel vision. Her eyesight was honed in on her husband to be.

Luca stood in all of his prince charming glory, waiting for her at the altar in a light beige suit that contrasted with his darkly tanned skin. The suit fit him perfectly, accentuating every muscle on his body. The crisp white shirt peeking from underneath that had a couple of buttons undone which only made him all the more edible.

I can't wait to get him home.

Her pregnancy had made her more... ravenous in the bedroom to say the least.

But, the best part was Luca was looking at her as if he was thinking the same. And, the fact that the two felt the pull between them just as strong in a room full of over 200 people made Valerie's heart sing.

She had never felt more secure in a decision as she walked closer and closer to the father of her children.

Her bridesmaids were Lacey, Sylvia, and Nicoletta. They looked at her with pure joy on their faces. All dressed in silk, flowy champagne colored dresses that made them look ethereal. Luca's groomsmen were friends he'd made in the business world.

His best man was a latino man named Carlos, when the two men laid eyes on her. Carlos slapped Luca's back as if they'd just reeled in a prized bass on a fishing trip. Luca maintained his composure, but she could tell he wanted to grin just as big as Carlos was.

"Who gives this woman to be married?" The pastor asked, he was a tall heavyset black man. His robe was black with elaborate gold markings running up the sleeves.

"I do." Valerie's father replied. He squeezed her hand and kissed her forehead before watching her take Luca's hand as he pulled her up to him.

Luca and Valerie then stood in front of each other for the first time in three days. They'd had separate bachelor and bachelorette parties and spent time getting ready for today apart from each other of course.

It was best because Valerie woke up with a drawing of a pink penis on her cheek the morning after her party and she had a feeling he wouldn't have been happy waking up to that

Or seeing that he has one, it might've been welcomed. He's kinky like that.

So now, looking into each other's eyes felt like coming home. They held each other's hands as the pastor began the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to unite these two spirits into one. Binding them together under God with the power of love and pure devotion..."

The words being said began to blur together as Valerie soon realized the heat she was feeling just wasn't from excitement. She was starting to feel too warm, ill almost. Immediately, she knew it was a hot flash symptom from being pregnant.

When she met eyes with Luca again, the look on his face let her know he was already 3 steps ahead of her. His brow had furrowed with worry. Valerie gave him a weak smile, only holding his hands tighter to provide herself more balance.

"The bride and groom have prepared their own vows." The pastor brought the two of them out of their moment and the focus back on their ongoing nuptials. He held the microphone to Valerie's lips as she was to go first.

Swallowing the impending need to throw up, Valerie took a deep breath. Today was her day, and she'd be damned if the little Giovanni brats inside of her stole her day!

"Luca," She began slowly, he still hadn't wiped his worried expression off of his face and she couldn't help but softly laugh at him. "We did not have the most orthodox beginning."

There were some light laughs from around the room.

I don't know what's so funny, these people don't even know the half.

Valerie thought in her mind, but nevertheless she kept going.

"You have seen me at my lowest low and still chose to love me through it. You have helped me clean up all my messes and I give you the courage to maybe make more of them."

"Woo!" Luca's mom cheered childishly from her seat. Valerie glanced at her and she was actively wiping her eyes with the biggest smile on her face. Her groom's face was still just as intense, watching her every move. It only made her love him more. She could feel tears springing up in her eyes again.

"I am so glad God put me in your path, because I plan to choose you just as you've chosen me and to keep choosing to love you harder for the rest of my life. I love you with every breath in my body."Valerie sniffled at the end of her speech.

The officiant smiled and moved the microphone over to Luca's side. "Valerie, I—"

As soon as Luca opened his mouth to speak, Valerie suddenly began to faint forwards towards him. He immediately caught her, the sounds of camera shutters from the paparazzi in the audience could be heard going off as she was held against his chest.

Sudden gasps could be heard and the noise was enough to make Valerie regain some consciousness. She reached out for someone's hand and Nicoletta was the first one to take it. Nicoletta and Luca slowly walked Valerie down to the first row of seats in the room and allowed her to sit down.

"Are you okay? Do we need to go the hospital?" Luca whispered to her gently, although his tone let on that he meant business and probably was on the verge of telling everyone to go home and taking her there anyway without listening to her.

Valerie shook her head, thanking Nicki for the bottle of water she passes to her and drinking immediately.

"You think you can get out of marrying me and making our kids bastards?" She joked, breathily. Trying her best to sound stronger even though her eyesight was still a bit dark. Luca did not seem amused in the slightest.

This caused Valerie to roll her eyes. She looked around the room seeing everyone was watching them intently. The room was beautifully decorated in greens and golds and the plant life added to the chandeliers in the air made everything look fairytale worthy.

She wanted this wedding to continue. Everything was perfect.

Valerie looked at Luca again, "Please go up there and tell all these people you love me down to my dirty drawls. Get!" She shooed him away, making him stand back up. The priest handed Luca the microphone from where he was standing.

Valerie remained sitting, mischievously smiling at Luca as he begrudgingly let her hands go to speak.

"As you all can see, she was correct when she said she pushes me to make more messes." He spoke to their audience. Louder laughs than earlier came from them.

Then, Luca turned back to her, the light in his eyes was dancing with emotion. His face was warm. His black hair was tousled perfectly. Valerie was falling in love all over again.

"Valerie, you are the thing that pushes me to become greater every day. From the moment you stepped into my life, you have challenged me to no end. You have turned a godless man into a man that sees the light of God everyday."

The sentiment causes Valerie's breath to hitch in her throat. The eye contact held between the two was burning hot.

"You are the balm to every pain I have. The strength in all my weak moments. You are the only song my heart knows how to sing. It beats for you, my love. You have my heart wholly and irrevocably until the end of time."

A low "awww" could be heard from some of the watchers in the room. Valerie had finally been moved to tears. Slow drips were now making their descent down her face.

"Phew." The pastor accidentally whispers into the mic once he takes it back from Luca as he dabs his eyes with the sleeve of his robe. It seems everyone in the room was emotional.

My man, my man, my man.

Valerie girlishly gushed in her head as she looked up at Luca. He was still standing, holding her hands as she sat.

"Now I ask, do you Luca Don Vialessio Giovanni, take Valerie Kiana Stevens to be your wife in the holy state of matrimony? Will you love her and comfort her?

Honor her and support her in her times of need? In sickness, and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and to continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, and keep yourself to her and her only for as long as you both shall live?" The pastor moved on to the next set of vows.

"I do." Luca responded finitely and strong. Valerie beamed.

The officiant asked Valerie the same question next and another tear slid down her cheek as she nodded, "I do."

"As Luca and Valerie have proclaimed their love for each other before God and this magnificent host of witnesses, you have pronounced yourself as husband and wife. Please remember to always be each other's best friend. What, therefore, God has joined together let no man put asunder.

And so, by the power vested in me by the Almighty God and the great State of New York, I now pronounce you man and wife!"

Roaring applause immediately followed and Luca yanked Valerie up from her seat into a crashing kiss that had all ten of her toes curling. The sounds of cameras flashing sounded like a rolling cloud of thunder.

Her eyes closed as their mouths met. The fireworks bursting inside of her made it feel like the first time they'd ever been close.

Luca's hands gripped her waist to the point he was lifting her off of the ground, and when the finally did part... the grin on his face let her know she was a swollen mess. She couldn't have cared less.

The two walked to the center of the aisle holding hands, Nicoletta hurried down and roughly shoved Valerie's bouquet back in her hands and she gave her a grateful smile.

"I now present to you for the first time in eternity, Luca and Valerie Giovanni!"

And they lived happily ever after.❤️

***

Thank you all for 1 MILLION reads!

This book was started when I was a freshman in high school and I am now a junior in college. Thank you to everyone who has commented a kind word, voted, and/or simply stuck to the end. I appreciate you all so much, and I hope to see you enjoy all of my other works just the same if not more than you loved HWAS.

You are amazing and even more loved than you know. My messages are always open to those who need some extra love.

Happy Pride Month.

- K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 6.3K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...
533K 9.3K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...
1.5M 66.4K 45
He needed sex, I was there. He needed a submissive woman who came running when he called, I was available. But when I needed him the most, he neglect...
1M 31.8K 51
When good meets really, really, really bad. ****** Daniel Harper is down on his luck as he struggles to pay for his sophomore year at NYU. Desperate...