Ancestral Cataclysm (Illustra...

By VinoLeunc

In 2055, a magnificent discovery happen. A new race of hominins is found frozen in deep Alaska. This unidenti... More

Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017 - 40 kilometers per hour
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021 - Distress Call
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024 - A phone call was made
Chapter 025 - Did Ros really do that?
Chapter 026 - The Observant, The Ignorant, And The Untouchable
Chapter 027 - Elad's Bunker
Chapter 029 - Blue Lantern
Chapter 030 - Who is There?!
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036 - Natural Conversation
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039 - Real-Life Superpower
Chapter 040 - King of Fruit
Chapter 041 - The Stadium
Chapter 042 - Now
Chapter 043 - Near Death
Chapter 044
Chapter 045 - Michellin Award
Chapter 046 - Thwarting
Chapter 047 - What Must I Do?
Chapter 048 - Jumps
Chapter 049
Chapter 050 - 43 hours
Chapter 051 - Drifting
Chapter 052 - Eagle
Chapter 053 - Diversity
Chapter 054 - Candi Jagat Tuwo
Chapter 055 - Pray
Chapter 056 - White Tiger
Chapter 057 - Bite It
Chapter 058 - Biosemiotics
Chapter 059 - Pirates?
Chapter 060 - Primitive
Chapter 061 - Long Crates
Chapter 062 - Victim
Chapter 063 - Reunion
Chapter 064- Extraction
Chapter 065 - Meteorite
Chapter 066 - Found
Chapter 067 - Revenge
Chapter 068 - Wait For Us
Chapter 069 - Dead End?
Chapter 070 - Extinct
Chapter 071 - Ros
Chapter 072 - Ros Story
Chapter 073 - Infiltration 1
Chapter 074 - Infiltration 2
Chapter 075 - Infiltration 3
Chapter 076 - Infiltration 4
Chapter 077 - Infiltration 5
Chapter 078 - The Identity

Chapter 028

2 1 0
By VinoLeunc

Back to the Middle East.

The next day, they continue their activity just like before.

Ros and Yeum Bi were again escorted to the historical site.

This time, Ros is already not feeling angry or annoyed.

It doesn't mean she already forgives Jaffar and his people.

It is more to Ros already understanding, people like Jaffar and his people are worthless to deal with. You can not argue or try to approach people like them by reasoning even though you come with very strong based argumentation and scientific data. Because they actually know they are wrong, but they don't care as long as their selfishness is fulfilled.

So it is only wasting time and energy to try to make a dialog or discussion with people like Jaffar. That is why Ros today is just more focused to do her expertise which is archeology. Dealing with a bunch of rock is even much better rather than dealing with people like Jaffar.

Today Ros was just busy with her brushes, a book, and a pencil. She tries to collect data as much as she can based on the ruin that is left there.

She collects them piece by piece of the rumble, matches them if it is possible, arranges them for better understanding, and writes it in the book, or even draws it in detail.

Ros can not use her device because all of it is confiscated by Jaffar and placed somewhere in the Palace.

That is why the best tools that Ros can get are only a set of brushes, a book, and a pencil.

Talking about confiscated, the same thing also happen to Rory's and Qunn's broadcasting tools. The cameras, drones, and everything are confiscated.

Today, Gerald, Rory, and Qunn are escorted to do farming.

Rory and Qunn already imagine that they are going to see the wheat farm, pistachio farm, or maybe cactus farm because they are in an area that is most like a desert.

But when they arrive at the location, how shocked Rory and Qunn are seeing what they see now.

(Picture above is just for rough imagination. Your own imagination may be more correct to describe the situation)

"Wait, aren't those poppy seed plants? To make opium? Drugs?" Rory whispered to Gerald.

Gerald just smile hearing and seeing Rory and Qunn shocked faces.

Now they are entering that huge farm. Approximately 10.000 hectares of opium poppy seed farms are in front of them.

"From where do you think the income of this country? Oil? There is not much oil in this country. So this is now, what you see, is their most valuable income source." Gerald whispered back, trying to explain the situation to Rory.

They are going deeper and deeper into the area where they need to cultivate. There again already a few civilians in sight. Again the servitude.

After Gerald, Rory, and Qunn were taught how to cultivate what they need, the army just enjoy their leisure there under the tent. They of course can enjoy the opium for themselves in a small amount of it. Jaffar will never know if the cultivated result lessens just one or two grams, one or two grams already enough for them for 'fun' awhile that time.

Gerald waits until the guards are in 'high' condition, it doesn't mean Gerald wants to make a fight, he must think much further forward. Let's say he successfully makes the fight and takes over the gun, then what next?

If the news spread to Jaffar, they definitely will execute Ros and Yeum Bi.

If not, it is still not easy to make a fight with just 3 people, Gerald, Rory, and Qunn. Rory and Qunn even don't have enough experience to fight that big amount of army.

Gerald knows it all, so he only can choose to comply and wait if there is a much better opportunity.

So after the guards are in 'high' condition. There Gerald dares to speak with Rory and Qunn, even though with a small voice of course.

"Ironic isn't it? Last night we know Ros had a problem with Jaffar. They claim they are anti-idolatry, and they act like the most religious people, but now, in fact, they are one of the most providers of these evil seeds. I believe there is no religion that states this seed the otherwise." Gerald said.

"Yes, I am so shocked to know this truth just now," Rory said.

"That is what we call hypocrisy. That is who they really are, hypocrites."

"There are only three cause a country can collapse. If the country is conquered by: greedy people, maniacs, or hypocrites. That is why we must never give that kind of people a chance to rule a country." Gerald said.

"Or the combination of that three evil behavior," Qunn said as a little joke.

"Greedy people will lead to a lot of corruption. Hypocrites will always tell a lie and make a disgusting policy. What about maniacs?" Rory asked.

"War junkies. Love to make war here and there." Gerald said with a smile.

"Ah, I understand now," Rory said.

But besides small chit-chat between them, nothing else they can do besides collecting that evil substance. So they just continue working and chit-chatting if the situation is possible.

Of course, sometimes Gerald also must be alert to their surrounding. They can not forget that a scary pandemic is happening.

Now they are in an open field, what if suddenly a group of infected ambush them? They know that the infected can run really fast. And now Jaffar's army is in 'high' condition. Who will protect them? No one.

But what happens there, is they are safe. They are also confused about why? So they can just make a guess...

Maybe that farm is surrounded by a wide desert area, and on that farm, only a few humans exist. So maybe it is not alluring enough to trigger the infected instinct to hunt them. Well, that possibility still can make sense.

But whatever it is, luckily the poppy plant is short, so Gerald is still very able to watch all around him. Gerald definitely can see danger from afar if the danger approaches.

So that is the condition of them right now.

...

After working for a few hours.

Suddenly an assumed old man tries to approach Gerald carefully.

Why assumed old man? Because they can't see his face clearly, his face is hidden behind the covered sheet. But from the body posture and gestures, that man looks like already old enough.

That old man comes closer step by step while disguising his act by farming the poppy nectar.

"So you are the American on the TV right? The fugitive?" Asked that old man.

"Depend on what you want, sir," Gerald answered.

"Listen, I am on your side. In the next two days, make sure you and your friends are in the cell, at night... Don't go out, and wait for me." That old man said.

"That is it? But we are in a different cell." Gerald said.

"What? Different cell? How far?" That old man asked again.

"Well, not far, just the opposite, we still can see each other."

"Hem... I see... but it means I must prepare another shovel. Alright, make sure you are in the cell, OK?! Don't go anywhere." That old man said again and start to keep away from Gerald.

Gerald is quite confused about that. What does he mean by don't go out or go anywhere, they are in a prison at night, and they can't go anywhere... But maybe what that old man means is specifically must really be inside the cell. Try not to make any possibilities that can make them not in their cell.

And where did that old man come from? Is he been there since the beginning?

Gerald is really confused. Because after that event, he still can see that old man working in the far distance. But when Gerald is unfocused for a little time, that old man is already vanished.

What is that? Is that a ghost? Or just Gerald's hallucination? Because the heat there is severe.

But then Gerald start to think about what that old man said. Shovel.

There he then realizes how foolish he is not to try to dig a hole.

Then Gerald makes a plan to smuggle something that he can use to dig a hole.

The best tool that he can smuggle right now is, the poppy nectar collector because the shape is like a spoon.

Well, better trying with that rather than with an empty hand, so Gerald secretly smuggles those things for a few.

...

At night, they were all already back in their cell.

Gerald, Ros, Yeum Bi in one cell. And Rory and Qunn are in the opposite cell.

Ros is already not punished anymore because that day she is so quiet not causing trouble again.

After the situation is clear, with no guard near them, Gerald starts to tell the story of the old man who approached him. Rory and Qunn said that at times, likely they are already tired and not focused, so they don't see that happen.

Well, either the story is true or just a hallucination, now trying to dig under the bar maybe is not a bad idea.

But now they are confused... Which area they should try to dig?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
631 87 18
A woman has fallen into the wrong reality! Start the story... Hey! Build the tension, and off we go. Prepare the feels, get invested and have a good...
18 0 10
Like the start of any apocalyptic tale - an asteroid was headed towards Earth - but did it actually reach its mark? That's irrelevant, the world's go...
3.3K 235 21
Humans are quite possibly the lowest level of life from what I can tell. They just come and go as they please, destroy what they please, and contain...